Holiday Bowl

Fuck Jim Delany

Moderators: 88BuckeyeGrad, Left Seater, buckeye_in_sc

Van
2012 CFB Bowl Pick Champ

Re: Holiday Bowl

Post by Van »

Papa Willie wrote:
Jsc810 wrote:Cal has jumped out to a 3-0 lead, will it last?
I hope they both die.
Pretty much. These are two of my least favorite programs in all of BTPCF. Of course one of them never even drew my notice until a certain pothead poster ruined them for me.

:lol:

This thing has been a total cripple fight so far. It's like Bama-LSU, only without the great defenses. It's been nothing but shitty, impotent, mistake-filled offenses.
Joe Satriani is a mime, right? - 88

Show me your dicks. - trev
Van
2012 CFB Bowl Pick Champ

Post by Van »

Jsc810 wrote:Does Texas' offense suck that much, or is Cal's defense that good?
Cal's defense faced three really good offenses this year. In those three games they surrendered over 100 points.

You tell me.

War Wagon
2010 CFB Pickem Champ

Post by War Wagon »

How Texas is still ranked is a mystery, they went 4-5 in conference play and sucked doing it. Mizzou beat them 17-5.

God forbid they win this game, they'll wind up in the top 10
Van
2012 CFB Bowl Pick Champ

Post by Van »

'Spray wrote:Ronnie James Dio salute
:lol:

Van
2012 CFB Bowl Pick Champ

Post by Van »

Absofreakinglutely. Having Lou Holtz speak on TV is like having Rosie O'Donnell take part in a Victoria's Secret runway show.

Van
2012 CFB Bowl Pick Champ

Post by Van »

:mrgreen:

Just stare at your avatar for a little while. You'll be fine.

DiT
Eternal Scobode

Post by DiT »

I just had to stop by to laugh at MTooled
jiminphilly wrote:
SaladTosser wrote:What's going on here?

A few of us are ruining some tube socks.
Mace
Eternal Scobode

Post by Mace »

Dave in Tulsa? Really?

Ready to see the Sooners get their ass kicked on Friday night? :lol:

How's it going, Dave?
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

Kal is getting kicked in the ovaries.

Like Toolio needs an excuse to go on a bender.
I got 99 problems but the 'vid ain't one
Van
2012 CFB Bowl Pick Champ

Post by Van »

Van, after watching M2 once again run his yap, wrote:With every new M2-Texas post the likelihood of Texas rolling Cal goes up that much more.
:bode:

M2 is to Cal what Yer a Fucking Jerkoff is to...everything.

Harvdog
Eternal Scobode

Post by Harvdog »

Texas is so young. They will be good next year and will play for the MNC in 2013.

It was nice to watch them totally dominate Cal.

M2 will never show up. He is a total pussy. Runs his mouth and never sacks up.

Oh yeah.....and Aaron Rodgers....you can join M2 for a shot of SHUT THE FUCK UP!!!!!
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

Mack Brown is a douche
I got 99 problems but the 'vid ain't one
Van
2012 CFB Bowl Pick Champ

Post by Van »

He'll blame this one on Bad Maynard showing up. It's funny, though, the way Bad Maynard always seems to show up whenever Cal plays against a decent defense. Meanwhile, Good Maynard can be counted on to make an appearance against the Presbyterians of the world.

Coincidence?

The Seer
Just the Facts

Post by The Seer »

Since Lax is lag.....

feCal just lost by only 11 to a ranked team....in a hostile San Diego environment; and since they kept it close for 3 qtrs, they deserve an honorable mention in the discussion about being considered for the title of mythical national champions of 2011.
E UNUM PLURIBUS
Mikey
Carbon Neutral since 1955

Post by Mikey »

Sorry I missed the game, but just read the box score.

Final result, 9-7... punts.

OK, I'm glad I missed it.
Van
2012 CFB Bowl Pick Champ

Post by Van »

He always fucking does this, too. Just hightails it outta here until he thinks the coast is clear, then he finally slinks back in with his "too funny" excoriations of Tedford, the QB, the misalignment of the planets, whatever.

You know what he never does? Give the other team credit for being much better than Cal. Here are just a few things he's never submitted on this board...

"Barkley and those receivers were just too good for us. Their O-line kept us from ever laying a hand on the QB...."

"We did our best, but we simply aren't at Oregon's level...."

"Stanford's balance was just way too much for us to handle. They made us pick our poison, and our offense is no match for theirs...."

"Maryland really knows how to grow turf. God, our guys were barfing right on the field. Normally we can handle having our faces shoved in the dirt—it's not as if we're not used to it—but apparently those Terrapins have really badass dirt...."

Mace
Eternal Scobode

Post by Mace »

We should welcome him back with this planted at the top of the CFB forum page:

Welcome back, m2...

Cal sucks even more than we do!
Felix
2012 JAFFL Champ

Post by Felix »

Van wrote:slinks back in with his "too funny" excoriations of Tedford, the QB, the misalignment of the planets, whatever.
you forgot "cal has the greatest academic program ever"
get out, get out while there's still time
King Crimson
Eternal Scobode

Post by King Crimson »

Texas was 0-4 against ranked teams. one of those losses was in Dallas, 2 at home. only @BU on the road. best win, @UCLA or @ATM?

not exactly a killing resume.
""On a lonely planet spinning its way toward damnation amid the fear and despair of a broken human race, who is left to fight for all that is good and pure and gets you smashed for under a fiver? Yes, it's the surprising adventures of me, Sir Digby Chicken-Caesar!"
"
Left Seater
36,000 ft above the chaos

Post by Left Seater »

Granted 0-4 against ranked teams, but then again they weren't ranked to begin the season. Those four losses were to the 3, 8, 12, and 14th ranked teams in the final BCS standings. They beat the teams they should have and didn't pull any upsets.

aTm is by far there biggest win when you consider all that aTm put into it. One final time to shed the little brother label and show they were at least on even footing going to the SEC.

Agreed not a great resume, but not a horrible one either for a team with no QB and so young.
Moving Sale wrote:I really are a fucking POS.
Softball Bat wrote: I am the dumbest motherfucker ever to post on the board.
King Crimson
Eternal Scobode

Post by King Crimson »

Left Seater wrote: Agreed not a great resume, but not a horrible one either for a team with no QB and so young.
lot of young talent (esp on DL in the front 7) on the Texas roster. give you that. they need to run the ball....and maybe have the young backs to do it. i still think it's questionable to be ranked (as others have commented)...when you are 0-4 against ranked teams. I was a little surprised that the Horns went into Kyle and won...even though ATM's underachieving this season was astonishing. I like Tannehill, but something just seemed off with him and the O calls. and that Von Miller must have been even more of a beast than i thought. Ags went from stout to crap on D. and I like Dereuter (misspell, i know).

of course, i also thought Phil Bennett was a DC witch when he was working for Bill Snyder. fast, aggressive, hit your QB in the mouth every play D. now, at Baylor....ugh. SMU as a HC too.
""On a lonely planet spinning its way toward damnation amid the fear and despair of a broken human race, who is left to fight for all that is good and pure and gets you smashed for under a fiver? Yes, it's the surprising adventures of me, Sir Digby Chicken-Caesar!"
"
Truman
Eternal Scobode

Post by Truman »

Left Seater wrote:Granted 0-4 against ranked teams, but then again they weren't ranked to begin the season. Those four losses were to the 3, 8, 12, and 14th ranked teams in the final BCS standings. They beat the teams they should have and didn't pull any upsets.
At least you got the no upsets part right.

Sorry, Lefty, but that dog won't hunt. Your forgetting loss #5, which came at the paws of a team that was a pre-seaon unranked AND one that finished out of the BCS. Guess our Texans were better than theirs were that day. BTW, that same team also finished ahead of UT (BCS #24) in the conference standings.
Laxplayer
President of the USC hater club
Location: On the golf course because......well, I'm the golf coach.

Post by Laxplayer »

Here's what I posted in another thread.....

So did Cal win? I saw they had a smaller amount of points on the scoreboard but they did have more passing yards, they had a better 3rd down %, they had more rushing attempts, they won the turnover battle 5-0, they won the time of possession battle, they were 1/1 on FG, they had a higher average per punt, and they scored more points in the first quarter. So how many did they win by? 14? 17?

M-stool? where the fuck are you?

Oh wait.....ND sucks reset coming before he admists that Cal is an absolutely fucking horrible program, nevermind the fact that he said Ishmael Adams from Oaks was going to cal but he gave a verbal to UCLA? Huge crickets chirping.......you fucking pussy. Man up and show up
Left Seater
36,000 ft above the chaos

Post by Left Seater »

Truman wrote:
Left Seater wrote:Granted 0-4 against ranked teams, but then again they weren't ranked to begin the season. Those four losses were to the 3, 8, 12, and 14th ranked teams in the final BCS standings. They beat the teams they should have and didn't pull any upsets.
At least you got the no upsets part right.

Sorry, Lefty, but that dog won't hunt. Your forgetting loss #5, which came at the paws of a team that was a pre-seaon unranked AND one that finished out of the BCS. Guess our Texans were better than theirs were that day. BTW, that same team also finished ahead of UT (BCS #24) in the conference standings.

Uhhh, read the other post I was responding too. I didn't forget a damn thing. Texas lost to Mizzou, big deal. That game was a toss up to most at the beginning of the year. Two unranked teams playing at Mizzou. What is this no hunting dog you are speaking of? Me thinks you were a little to defensive there, I hold no I'll will towards Mizzou and enjoyed myself there a few years ago as my PET showed.
Moving Sale wrote:I really are a fucking POS.
Softball Bat wrote: I am the dumbest motherfucker ever to post on the board.