A Very Early College Football Top 25 for 2012

Fuck Jim Delany

Moderators: 88BuckeyeGrad, Left Seater, buckeye_in_sc

Van
2012 CFB Bowl Pick Champ

Re: A Very Early College Football Top 25 for 2012

Post by Van »

Cal's cheerleaders from their last championship-winning season...

Joe Satriani is a mime, right? - 88

Show me your dicks. - trev
M2
2005 Cryin' Ryan Winner

Post by M2 »

Van wrote:Cal's cheerleaders from their last championship-winning season...

You'd hit it .
Van
2012 CFB Bowl Pick Champ

Post by Van »

True. Number three there looks like she'd definitely go ATM.

Laxplayer
President of the USC hater club
Location: On the golf course because......well, I'm the golf coach.

Post by Laxplayer »

After the game he was on his way up to Cal along with his teammate (Ishmael Adams) to give their silent commitments... and he'll be playing WR at Cal and not a DB you ill informed twit.
Correct me if I'm wrong but the guy from your picture is....what's this name ????? something Adams who just committed to UCLA and not Cal......
Apparently Adams was a silent commit to Neuheisal all along.......so it looks like you're wrong again motherfucker. Now go get ready enjoy another mediocre season with your shitty team and garbage bowl game that you'll lost and blame on injuries or weather or field surface.
Carson
2012 CFB Pickem Champ

Post by Carson »

Sudden Sam wrote:Another stable full of big, fast LBs for Bama. Hallelujah for medical hardships!
Adelpiero
Eternal Scobode

Post by Adelpiero »

M2 wrote:
Van wrote:Cal's cheerleaders from their last championship-winning season...

You'd hit it .
No he wouldn't, none of them look like Aunt Jemima, with glasses. They aren't his type!
Van
2012 CFB Bowl Pick Champ

Post by Van »

That was really clever, Adel. No, seriously. Brilliant effort there. Timely, cutting-edge stuff.

I'd ask you to do better but I see you're still struggling mightily with simple things like commas, so never mind.

Van
2012 CFB Bowl Pick Champ

Post by Van »

Hey, I'll take it. When they were ranked #1 heading into '04 and '05, they ran the table both years. Also, it'll be good to not have to leapfrog anyone. As long as they handle their business, they're in. Let the rest of the nation squabble over the other spot.

They just gotta beat Oregon at home, Stanford on the road (in the Pac 12 opener...damn, that could be the entire season right there), Utah on the road in one of those ugly Thursday night trap games, and Washington on the road. Oh, and they gotta avoid stepping on their dicks against the Arizona teams, and in their two rivalry games. And there are six roadies, including a cross-country jaunt to the Meadowlands the week before the trip to Stanford.

Hmmm. I don't see it. They're going to find a loss somewhere in there.

As Schlabach points out, man, take a look at Georgia's schedule...

Buffalo
@Missouri
Florida Atlantic
Vanderbilt
Tennessee
@South Carolina
@Kentucky
Florida
Ole Miss
@Auburn
Georgia Southern
Georgia Tech

Only four roadies. An OOC schedule consisting of Buffalo, Florida Atlantic, Georgia Southern and Georgia Tech...all at home. An SEC schedule minus Bama or LSU.

If these clowns don't win the SEC East, there needs to be an investigation.

Bizzarofelice
I wanna be a bear

Post by Bizzarofelice »

1) again with Texas in the top 25? their offense is offensive. that defense will score more points than their offense. fucking terrible.

2) mizzou will win the sec east. georgia don't scare.
why is my neighborhood on fire
Van
2012 CFB Bowl Pick Champ

Post by Van »

Mizzou winning the SEC East in their first season there would be flat-out hilarious.

Truman
Eternal Scobode

Post by Truman »

^^^^^^^^^^
Flaming, arrogant pile of fuck that one is, Bace.

Die in a hail of AIDS infected tampons, Van.
Van
2012 CFB Bowl Pick Champ

Post by Van »

Awww, Truman has his Tiger panties in such a wad that he can't even recognize when someone is openly rooting for his team!

See, I'm just about at the point that I hate the SEC. I don't hate Missouri. Why would I? They're just Missouri. They're the Muzak of college football. Hating them would be like hating the color medium blue, or the word 'the.' That being the case, I would derive great glee from seeing a middle-of-the-road Big XII North team come into the vaunted SEC and bogart their chitlins.

But hey, far be it from me to dispel your wonderful paranoia. And who knows, maybe you're right? Just because everyone thinks Missouri has always been irrelevant, it doesn't mean they haven't been.

Truman
Eternal Scobode

Post by Truman »

I stand by my take. Fuck you.
Bizzarofelice
I wanna be a bear

Post by Bizzarofelice »

Van wrote:Just because everyone thinks Missouri has always been irrelevant, it doesn't mean they haven't been.
what? and South Carolina is relevant? And Georgia has been something other than a disappointment since '81?
Van
2012 CFB Bowl Pick Champ

Post by Van »

Nope, and nope, and I hope you clean their clocks. When I look at Georgia's powderpuff schedule, though, man, it's hard to pick against them in the East.

Bizzarofelice
I wanna be a bear

Post by Bizzarofelice »

Ask Arkansas and South Carolina.
1) We talk to Arkansas as little as possible. It reminds us that deep southern Missouri is kinda uneducated trash like Arky. Uncomfortable. The only time we talk to Arkansas is when they call and offer to make large donations to our high schools in exchange for saying pig sooiieee.

2) South Carolina... meh. They have Stephen Garcia and Alshon to help them... wait... they got Lattimore and nothing else. 8 men in the box all year.

but seriously,we have injuries already to our O-Line along with graduations. had seriously strong lines up until last year. hope to best Tenn and be happy with that.
Truman
Eternal Scobode

Post by Truman »

Sudden Sam wrote:What the hell is wrong with you Missourians? Don't you know how things work down here? Missouri can't win the East for at least 6-7 years (if ever.)

That would be rude as hell and, if we are anything, we are a very polite people down this way.

So sit down at the SEC table, stay quiet (your QB and star freshman WR can make a little noise), wait your turn, watch and learn from your elders.

Georgia, Florida, South Carolina and Vandy will finish ahead of your Tigers in 2012.

But your turn will come. Ask Arkansas and South Carolina.
Please forgive our ignorance, Sam.

What Bace said: Georgia doesn’t scare anybody (‘sup Boise). They’re in our crib, and we’re not in the habit of dropping home games… Which should also give you ‘bammers pause.

It won’t. No worries. S’all good. Just a matter of us Missouri-types learnin’ our place. Please forgive us for entering your league singularly unimpressed with matching up with you people.

Yes, I believe Gatorville will prove intimidating to our kids next year. As will the game at the other Columbia if played at night. But your people pull their pads on the same way that ours do… And we’ve had some pretty good ball clubs roll through here that packed an “L” with them on the trip home.

What y’all fail to acknowledge: We ain’t askeered of you. We WILL beat you. It’s gonna happen. Yeah, you’ll look on us as upstarts… But we’re gonna challenge you. If not next year – soon. And without a cheatin’-ass coach.
Goober McTuber
World Renowned Last Word Whore

Post by Goober McTuber »

Truman wrote:But your people pull their pads on the same way that ours do…

Joe in PB wrote: Yeah I'm the dumbass
schmick, speaking about Larry Nassar's pubescent and prepubescent victims wrote: They couldn't even kick that doctors ass

Seems they rather just lay there, get fucked and play victim
Carson
2012 CFB Pickem Champ

Post by Carson »

The theory may be "if LSU made it to the MNC game with Jordan Jackoffson, they can win it all, even with a rookie QB."
Van
2012 CFB Bowl Pick Champ

Post by Van »

USC vs LSU for all the marbles? And it's in Miami, not New Orleans? A rookie Tiger QB vs Matt Barkley?

:mrgreen:
Last edited by Van on Thu Mar 15, 2012 10:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Van
2012 CFB Bowl Pick Champ

Post by Van »

I really don't expect USC to get there. Between their lack of depth and their penchant for stubbing their toe, I just don't see them running the table. Hell, they still have to get through Stanford, something they haven't done in quite a while.

However...

:twisted:

If they do manage to make it to Miami, you can bet your ass that they will annhilate a Les Miles-coached LSU squad featuring a rookie QB. No way in moist fuck LSU hangs with this USC team when it's for all the marbles. I'll take that bet all day long.

The last thing the SEC wants is to face a loaded USC squad that somehow managed to play smart, disciplined football for an entire season, and they especially don't want Les Miles to be the one who would have to do it.

Van
2012 CFB Bowl Pick Champ

Post by Van »

In general terms, between Bama and LSU I'd fear Bama much more. I mean, c'mon, Nick Saban vs Les Miles? Also, Bama has someone with experience at QB, and to beat USC a team will have to score a fuckton of offensive points. Barkley just doesn't turn the ball over, and you can't count on special teams scores against USC. Sure, both Bama and LSU would likely hold USC under their season average, but can either team score enough to make it matter?

I trust Bama much more than I trust LSU to be able to put up 24+ legitimate ponts against a decent defense.

If USC gets there, their weapons on offense combined with their overall experience on both sides of the ball would see them being a mild favorite over Bama. Against LSU they'd be a 7-10 point favorite. I think they'd steamroll LSU while winning a mostly competitive game against Bama.

Again, this is all predicated on something I don't think wil happen: USC going the whole season without any key injuries or brainfarts. With minimal depth they will have to run the table to make it. If they do, though, that would mean they truly have their heads together, and with their talent and experience at the most important positions, no one will beat them in a title game scenario.

Van
2012 CFB Bowl Pick Champ

Post by Van »

Depth will be the key issue in the coming years, and even this year. Just take a look at USC's TB situation right now. They have precisely two on the roster. Two. And one of them is injury-prone.

Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

USC fan counting their chickens already is funny.

Only way they win the PAC rests on the shoulders of another team -- the Infractions Committee.
I got 99 problems but the 'vid ain't one
Van
2012 CFB Bowl Pick Champ

Post by Van »

Hardly. Until/unless they fall apart, USC will be favored in every game they play this year, including the Oregon game.

And no one's counting their chickens here, unless you count "I don't think they'll make it" as such.

Van
2012 CFB Bowl Pick Champ

Post by Van »

They can't. Besides the fact that USC never oversigned even during the best of years, they're also on scholarship probation. They're pretty much fucked, in terms of trying to maintain any sort of depth. The only way they'll prosper these next few seasons is if they can somehow be ungodly unfortunate in avoiding key injuries. The few frontline guys they possess simply have to suit up and play every week.

If anything should befall them similar to the cornerback fiasco of a couple seasons ago, and also in '07 against Stanford, where they lost all but one corner in the span of a single game, they're done. In most positions they go no more than two-deep, and even there they're not always fully ready with a realistic back-up.

Yep, in order for USC to make a serious run at it this year, an awful lot will have to go very right, and precious little can go wrong.

Van
2012 CFB Bowl Pick Champ

Post by Van »

They're just names. Who knows whether any of them will ever amount to a bucket of spit.

I still scratch my head, though, over the way Saban used Trent Richardson so sparingly during the title game. Especially in the first half it seemed that he went with Lacy in every key third-and-short situation.

Van
2012 CFB Bowl Pick Champ

Post by Van »

Things are looking mighty dicey here...

http://espn.go.com/colleges/usc/story/_ ... e-ligament

They already had to grab a LB and convert him to RB—at USC, mind you—just to have any sort of a fallback. Now he's done for the year.

They have three guys left. One of them has never played, another is an injury-prone speedster, and the third is a smurf who'll be asked to carry the load. If McNeil goes down, they're in deep shit.

Terry in Crapchester
2012 March Madness Champ

Post by Terry in Crapchester »

Jsc810 wrote:A Very Early College Football Top 25 for 2012

16. Notre Dame – Brian Kelly is moving the Irish closer to contending for a BCS bowl, but it may not happen in 2012. Standout receiver Michael Floyd is gone, and the jury is still out on Tommy Rees' future as Notre Dame's No. 1 quarterback. Running back Cierre Wood is back, and the offensive line should be in good shape, despite the departure of guard Trevor Robinson and tackle Taylor Dever. The secondary must be revamped, but the front seven on defense should be stout. The schedule isn’t easy, featuring road dates at USC, Michigan State and Oklahoma.
I'd be somewhat surprised if Rees is the starter next season. Dayne Crist is gone (transferred to Kansas, where he'll reunite with Charlie Weis), but waiting in the wings are Andrew Hendrix, Everett Golson and Gunner Kiel. Hendrix is the only one with game experience at this level, but some have said that Golson and Kiel are even better. And we already got a taste of what that offense could be like with a more athletic QB than Rees running the show. Floyd will be damn near irreplaceable, though.

Sidenote: maybe I'm giving away my age by 'sessing just a little over this, but it still strikes me as somewhat strange that ND has had relatives of Joe Montana and Blair Kiel on its roster at QB in recent years, and especially that of the two, Kiel's relative is the better QB. By far.
War Wagon wrote:The first time I click on one of your youtube links will be the first time.
Van
2012 CFB Bowl Pick Champ

Post by Van »

I don't see Cal anywhere on that list.

H4ever
Eternal Scobode

Post by H4ever »

Rumors in Nebraska say T-mart was still recovering last year and will be 100% for his third year as a starter (rare in cfb) D will be much improved and Burkhead will be back for his senior year. Should be a fun year and should NU win the B1G... they have enough talent and experience to make some noise in the BCS. Still early and I'm a homer, so take it for what it's worth.
Van
2012 CFB Bowl Pick Champ

Post by Van »

Then again, most people view T-Mart's return as a boon to Nebraska's opponents. The general feeling seems to be that he sucks out loud, and the Huskers simply won't be worth worrying about until he's no longer running their offense.

H4ever
Eternal Scobode

Post by H4ever »

Van wrote:Then again, most people view T-Mart's return as a boon to Nebraska's opponents. The general feeling seems to be that he sucks out loud, and the Huskers simply won't be worth worrying about until he's no longer running their offense.
There are some in Huskerland who agree. I'm still not sold but ya gotta factor in the experience which is huge in cfb. Plus you still have a senior like Burkhead and a vastly improved wr corps. I dunno....we shall see.
MgoBlue-LightSpecial
Eternal Scobode

Post by MgoBlue-LightSpecial »

I think Nebraska will be the fourth best team in the Big Ten.
Van
2012 CFB Bowl Pick Champ

Post by Van »

Mgo, your new avatar is just fucking awful. Bare minimum, at least wytch an SEC logo or something onto his stupid hat.

Van
2012 CFB Bowl Pick Champ

Post by Van »

But it wouldn't be funny if he wytched a Jayhawks logo onto it.

Van
2012 CFB Bowl Pick Champ

Post by Van »

Jsc, as a number of people noted in the story's comments section, that one simply makes no sense. Nothing changed for LSU, yet the guy decided to bump them up. They have the same unproven QB coming in as before (the main reason he previously had LSU ranked lower), so why the new ranking? He seemed to bump them simply because of the new QB, even though everyone has known all along that LSU would be going with a new one this year.

His other point, the one about LSU seemingly having an easier road to the title game, is valid. That's no reason to award them a higher ranking, but it is a solid factor in trying to predict which teams will get there.

By that same token, I'm still amazed at how easy Georgia's schedule is this year. They miss everyone who's worth a shit in the SEC, and they play nobody OOC. Buffalo, Georgia Southern, Florida Atlantic and Georgia Tech, all at home? They should roll right into the Cash Grab game.

Conversely, did you catch Washington's schedule? Those poor fuckers play #1 LSU at Tiger Stadium, #2 USC at home, #4 Oregon at Autzen plus Stanford at home in the first six weeks of the season! Damn, Huskies...good luck with that.

MgoBlue-LightSpecial
Eternal Scobode

Post by MgoBlue-LightSpecial »

Is this tool seriously re-evaluating and ranking teams during the off season? How very ESPN of him.
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

Firstly -- top 4 teams come from the SEC and PAC. Seems like they already have their minds made up which 4 teams out of 120 are eligible for the tile game, which is kinda lame, save for the fact my team is one of them.

Next, dude has UDub in his rankings, rendering the whole list suspect.
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

Van wrote: Conversely, did you catch Washington's schedule? Those poor fuckers play ... #4 Oregon at Autzen

Won't end well for them.

That's gotta suck -- this year will be 9 straight losses to their archrival... and I'll laugh my balls off.