Big Ten/ACC Challenge

The Madness isn't confined to March here!

Moderators: the_ouskull, helmet, Shine

MgoBlue-LightSpecial
Eternal Scobode

Big Ten/ACC Challenge

Post by MgoBlue-LightSpecial »

I know nobody outside of me, Shine and Shoalzie give a shit, but this thread has become tradition. Schedule and predictions:

Tuesday, November 29
7:00 p.m. ESPN2 Michigan at Virginia - MICHIGAN
7:15 p.m. ESPNU Northwestern at Georgia Tech - NORTHWESTERN
7:30 p.m. ESPN Illinois at Maryland - ILLINOIS
9:00 p.m. ESPN2 Miami at Purdue - PURDUE
9:15 p.m. ESPNU Clemson at Iowa - CLEMSON
9:30 p.m. ESPN Duke at Ohio State - OHIO STATE

Wednesday, November 30
7:15 p.m. ESPN2 Indiana at NC State - NC STATE
7:15 p.m. ESPNU Penn State at Boston College - BOSTON COLLEGE
7:30 p.m. ESPN Florida State at Michigan State - MICHIGAN STATE
9:15 p.m. ESPN2 Virginia Tech at Minnesota - VIRGINIA TECH
9:15 p.m. ESPNU Wake Forest at Nebraska - NEBRASKA
9:30 p.m. ESPN Wisconsin at North Carolina - NORTH CAROLINA

7-5 Big Ten takes it.
Arch Angel
Elwood

Re: Big Ten/ACC Challenge

Post by Arch Angel »

AND ME!!!

Tuesday, November 29
7:00 p.m. ESPN2 Michigan at Virginia - MICHIGAN
7:15 p.m. ESPNU Northwestern at Georgia Tech - NORTHWESTERN
7:30 p.m. ESPN Illinois at Maryland - ILLINOIS
9:00 p.m. ESPN2 Miami at Purdue - PURDUE
9:15 p.m. ESPNU Clemson at Iowa - IOWA (they will right the ship)
9:30 p.m. ESPN Duke at Ohio State - OHIO STATE

Wednesday, November 30
7:15 p.m. ESPN2 Indiana at NC State - INDIANA
7:15 p.m. ESPNU Penn State at Boston College - BOSTON COLLEGE
7:30 p.m. ESPN Florida State at Michigan State - MICHIGAN STATE
9:15 p.m. ESPN2 Virginia Tech at Minnesota - VIRGINIA TECH
9:15 p.m. ESPNU Wake Forest at Nebraska - NEBRASKA
9:30 p.m. ESPN Wisconsin at North Carolina - NORTH CAROLINA

9-3 Big Ten takes it.
Shine
Leads all Lists

Post by Shine »

I was just coming over to put this topic up!! Much like ACCPN tilting the matchups, this prediction thread is an annual tradition.

Michigan at UVA- wouldn't be shocked to see the Cavs pull this out since it is a home game but I think this scUM team is legit, so I'm rolling with the maize and blue. B1G up 1-0

NW at GaTech- I gave the B1G a road win already and even though I'm tempted to do so again I think the Jackets have just enough to pull out the W. Since both games to tip first are toss-ups a 1-1 split sounds about right. Tied 1-1

Illannoy at Maryland- third game, third B1G road team. Despite that the Terps are a dumpster fire early on and even though crying Weber seems to come up short in the clutch I'll give his boys the victory here. B1G up 2-1

Miami at Purdue- hey a home game for the B1G! PU in a rout. B1G up 3-1

Clemson at Iowa- the fourth of the first five where the better team is on the road. That said the Fighting noJ's are plucky at home and a win here wouldn't be a shock at all. B1G up 3-2

Dook at tO$U- what I anticipate to be the best game of the 12. A little too much interior game from the Buckeyes for the guard heavy Devils. B1G up 4-2

IU at NCST- my Hoosiers are MUCH improved and certainly have a shot here, but the Wolfpack have impressed me early and being at home I'm not ready to give my alma mater the win. B1G up 4-3

PSU at BC- PSU is horrid. Tied 4-4

F$U at MSU- First team to 40 wins. If Harvard can beat the Noles then I gotta believe Sparty at home can. B1G up 5-4

VaTech at Minnesota- tough loss for the Gophers with Mbakwe out with a torn ACL. Another case of the slightly better road team but I have a deep and abiding fear of The Barn. B1G up 6-4

Wake at Nebraska- I've got this at 6-4 but it could easily be 5-5 heading into this game. Would be ironic if the Corn were put into a position in year 1 of trying to help the B1G keep the trophy. Okay fine I'll admit it, I know hardly anything about either team! When in doubt, pick the home team. B1G up 7-4

Wisconsin at UNC- I thought UNC would win by about a dozen. Pissed and coming off a loss I'll up that to 20.

B1G wins for the third year in a row 7-5. Lots of toss-ups this year. Only two games I really don't doubt the outcome in are PU and UNC winning.
"Our staff is going to ensure that anyone who attends this University and wears the Indiana uniform will make this privilege among their highest priorities and not treat the opportunity as an entitlement,'' Crean said in a statement. "We fully expect our student-athletes to accept the responsibilities academically, athletically and socially that come with representing one of the top programs in college basketball history."
buckeye_in_sc
Eternal Scobode

Post by buckeye_in_sc »

This year...I could care less if the B1G goes 3 and 9

as long as those 3 wins are

OSU
Wisconsin
IU

I could give a fat rat cock about the others...living in CLT, NC and hearing ACC shit like nothing else...even with only 2 good teams you would think the ACC still pwns college b ball...and you talk about arrogant fans...UNx takes the cake...

fuck em...come on B1G
MgoBlue-LightSpecial
Eternal Scobode

Post by MgoBlue-LightSpecial »

After day 1 Big Ten's up 4-2.

(W) Ohio State vs. Duke [85-63]
(W) Northwestern vs. Georgia Tech [76-60]
(W) Purdue vs. Miami [76-65]
(W) Illinois vs. Maryland [71-62]
(L) Iowa vs. Clemson [55-71]
(L) Michigan vs. Virginia [58-70]

Thoughts: Once again Iowa is pitiful. Michigan appeared to be the better team and still got trounced. If that's possible. Note to Stu Douglas: Stop launching 40 foot bricks. UVA is sneaky good. Northwestern is solid. Might actually make the tourney this year. Maryland is horrid. Ohio State destroyed a soft Duke team that I do not think will go far in the tournament.
Screw_Michigan
Angry Snowflake

Post by Screw_Michigan »

MgoBlue-LightSpecial wrote:Maryland is horrid.
You can say that again, and it's only going to get worse as conference season comes around. I bet GW could be MD this year if they played.
kcdave wrote: Sat Sep 09, 2023 8:05 am
I was actually going to to join in the best bets activity here at good ole T1B...The guy that runs that contest is a fucking prick
Derron wrote: Sat Oct 03, 2020 3:07 pm
You are truly one of the worst pieces of shit to ever post on this board. Start giving up your paycheck for reparations now and then you can shut the fuck up about your racist blasts.
King Crimson
Eternal Scobode

Post by King Crimson »

Screw_Michigan wrote:
MgoBlue-LightSpecial wrote:Maryland is horrid.
You can say that again, and it's only going to get worse as conference season comes around. I bet GW could be MD this year if they played.
not sure how Turgeon's "ugly" ball will play in the ACC. Big XII was always a physical league. Not a huge fan of the guy...so, might be some bias. but all the handchecks on the perimeter and bodying up in the paint that were part of the XII (esp on your home floor)...ain't gonna play in the ACC.
""On a lonely planet spinning its way toward damnation amid the fear and despair of a broken human race, who is left to fight for all that is good and pure and gets you smashed for under a fiver? Yes, it's the surprising adventures of me, Sir Digby Chicken-Caesar!"
"