Eternal Scobode

YES!

Post by Q, West Coast Style »

:o
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Re: YES!

Post by Dinsdale »

At least he took some shots at Wazzu on the way out the door.

And then he dropped some sweet NOJisms... shit cracked me up.
I got 99 problems but the 'vid ain't one
Q, West Coast Style
Eternal Scobode

Post by Q, West Coast Style »

Ahoy!

http://bruce-feldman.blogs.cbssports.co ... w/31626208

Mike Leach has verbally agreed to become the next head coach at Washington State. Leach was offered the position late Tuesday afternoon, CBS learned.

The 50-year-old Leach replaces Paul Wulff, who was dismissed Tuesday morning. The hiring of Leach would seem to mesh with Washington State athletic director Bill Moos' comment earlier at the press conference where he announced Wullf's firing that he likes a "flashy, high-octane offense that lights up the scoreboard."

Wulff was 9-40 in four seasons at Washington State and just 4-32 in league play. The Cougars program has struggled for much of the past decade. Washington State hasn't been to a bowl game in eight years. But prior to this stretch, there had been quite a bit of success, with two Rose Bowl appearances and four Top 10 finishes between the 1997 and 2003 seasons.

Under Wulff, a former Washington State offensive lineman, the Cougars did make strides in the past two years. They were 4-8 this season while being hit hard by injury. Still, the Cougars lost seven of their final eight games. They had to play three different quarterbacks, losing starter Jeff Tuel for much of the season. They ranked 48th in the country in scoring, but just seventh in the Pac-12. In 2010, the Cougars were 106th in scoring and dead last in the Pac-12. Most of the talent Wulff had assembled will be back in 2012, including Tuel and standout wide receiver Marquess Wilson. Both figure to be good fits in Leach's Air-Raid system.

In his 10 seasons at Texas Tech, Leach had a career record of 84-43 and was the architect of some of the most prolific offenses in college football history. Eight times in those 10 seasons, one of his quarterbacks led the nation in passing. The year before Leach arrived in Lubbock, the Red Raiders averaged 23 points per game. By Leach's second season, they averaged over 35 ppg and they never averaged less than 33 points the rest of his decade running the program. The Red Raiders finished in the top 25 rankings in five of his last six seasons at Tech.

His teams had Top 10 wins over No. 4 Cal (2004); No. 3 Oklahoma (2007); No. 1 Texas (2008) and No. 8 Oklahoma State (2008). In 2008, he won national Coach of the Year honors. The Wyoming native was the only coach in Texas Tech history to lead his team to bowl games every year.

At Texas Tech, Leach also inherited a program that had one of the lowest graduation rates in college football and was on academic probation. He eventually turned it into one that had the highest graduation rate of any public institution in major college football. However, he was fired from Tech in December, 2009 regular season after allegations that he had mistreated a player, Adam James, the son of ESPN announcer Craig James.

The controversy led to Leach to sue Texas Tech for breach of contract and file suit against ESPN and James for defamation. Both cases are still unresolved.

Full disclosure: I co-authored Leach's 2011 book Swing Your Sword, which details, among other things, his path into coaching, his offensive system as well as the circumstances surrounding what happened with him and Texas Tech in his exit from the Big 12 school.
Goober McTuber
World Renowned Last Word Whore

Post by Goober McTuber »

Dinsdale wrote:At least he took some shots at Wazzu on the way out the door.

Were they 8 plays away from the national championship game?
Joe in PB wrote: Yeah I'm the dumbass
schmick, speaking about Larry Nassar's pubescent and prepubescent victims wrote: They couldn't even kick that doctors ass

Seems they rather just lay there, get fucked and play victim
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

Goober McTuber wrote:
Dinsdale wrote:At least he took some shots at Wazzu on the way out the door.

Were they 8 plays away from the national championship game?
Close -- but it was something like "we were a few injuries away from a bowl game."

Baby steps and such. I'm sure he'll produce 85 first-rounders at his next job.
Cornhusker
2018/2019 and 2023/2024 Pick ‘em Champion

Post by Cornhusker »

The Seer
Just the Facts

Post by The Seer »

Welcome to instant credibility.....I'm not worried. I've got Dan Guerror doing our coaching search....(gun to head)

:( ......... :| ........... :evil:
E UNUM PLURIBUS
M2
2005 Cryin' Ryan Winner

Post by M2 »

The Seer wrote:Welcome to instant credibility.....I'm not worried. I've got Dan Guerror doing our coaching search....(gun to head)

:( ......... :| ........... :evil:

You were warned...
M2 wrote:
The Seer wrote:
http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/sports_ ... ersen.html

Also mentions Gruden and Sumlin from Houston....No on Sumlin....let's see what he does w/o Keenum.

Yeah, I read that article earlier today... and you're still not getting him.

You better get Leach before ASU or WSU gets him...
http://www.theoneboard.com/board/viewto ... =5&t=39872

Nice get D.B.

It's about to get crazy in the Palouse...

Just let Mr. Leach know to pack his extra heavy winter coat...it gets cold and lonely up there.
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

At least he gets to have Wazzu's best player for another year or two...

At safety, Casey Locker (Jake's cousin) is a fucking animal. Sure, he gets flagged for headshots every freaking game, but sure makes those receivers think twice about going over the middle.
Go Coogs'
Eternal Scobode

Post by Go Coogs' »

Big state school with good resources. I think Leach can make some noise up there. Good news for Wazzu.
88 wrote:Go Coogs' (Regular Season Total Points Champ)
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

Papa Willie wrote:
Dinsdale wrote:At least he gets to have Wazzu's best player for another year or two...

At safety, Casey Locker (Jake's cousin) is a fucking animal. Sure, he gets flagged for headshots every freaking game, but sure makes those receivers think twice about going over the middle.
Are you talking about Marquess Wilson?
Uhm, actually, I was talking about Casey Locker (Jake's cousin). That's kind of why I typed "Casey Locker (Jake's cousin)" rather than "Marquess Wilson."

Funny how that works.
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

Go Coogs' wrote:Big state school
Not terribly.

Wazzu is spread out over several cities, and I believe WSU Pullman is the smallest school in the PAC, in easily the smallest city, which is nowhere near any halfway populated cities. Fucking nowheresville.
with good resources.
Not really. Although they're going to use the newfound TV money to upgrade their little high school stadium (where they've averaged something 14,000 whole fans per game the last few years.
I think Leach can make some noise up there. Good news for Wazzu.

Getting a proven coach is indeed good for Wazzu -- now, let's see if he can recruit black players to come to the Racism Capital of America... there is that.
Van
2012 CFB Bowl Pick Champ

Post by Van »

Love the story about the fomer Wazzu hoops coach whose main recruiting 'trick' was to fly kids in only at night so they wouldn't see what a desolate shithole Pullman and the surrounding areas are. I guess he was okay with showing them the campus, just not the napalmed Vietnam in which it's located.
Joe Satriani is a mime, right? - 88

Show me your dicks. - trev
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

Van wrote:Love the story about the fomer Wazzu hoops coach whose main recruiting 'trick' was to fly kids in only at night so they wouldn't see what a desolate shithole Pullman and the surrounding areas are. I guess he was okay with showing them the campus, just not the napalmed Vietnam in which it's located.

The Palouse is actually fairly lush, at least by Eastern Washington standards.
Van
2012 CFB Bowl Pick Champ

Post by Van »

Right, but as you're flying in, what do you see when looking out the window? Nothing but brown, blah scrub brush desert. Contrast that with flying a kid into L.A., Seattle or even Eugene by way of Portland.

Truman
Eternal Scobode

Post by Truman »

You DO realize that "Lubbock" translated from Apache means "where the wagon broke," right, Van?

That boy can recruit. Pac North better be on their toes...
Van
2012 CFB Bowl Pick Champ

Post by Van »

I hope Leach gets Wazzu back on track. I expect him to do (relatively) better at WSU than DickRod will at Arizona.

BSmack
2005 and 2010 JFFL Champion

Post by BSmack »

I'm sure nothing bad will come of a school hiring a coach who thinks concussion therapy consists of forcing a player to spend practice sitting in a closet. And he's still suing Texas Tech? Nope, nothing can go wrong here.
"Once upon a time, dinosaurs didn't have families. They lived in the woods and ate their children. It was a golden age."

—Earl Sinclair

"I do have respect for authority even though I throw jelly dicks at them.

- Antonio Brown
Van
2012 CFB Bowl Pick Champ

Post by Van »

As long as he keeps ragging on the fat girlfriends of the players, it's all good.