The good ole Big10 Conference

Fuck Jim Delany

Moderators: 88BuckeyeGrad, Left Seater, buckeye_in_sc

Adelpiero
Eternal Scobode

The good ole Big10 Conference

Post by Adelpiero »

This is really sad, especially the fact, that this is their First B1G title game, and have 2 quality opponents. Urban Meyer won't rescue the Rust Belt Conference.

Big Ten Paying "Fans" $75 to Attend Inaugural Title Game

Michigan State and Wisconsin are set to play in the first ever Big Ten championship game. A Rose Bowl berth is on the line. Neither team is a perpetual conference heavyweight. So you'd think fans would be rolling in to Indianapolis, that ticket prices would be surging, that the excitement would be palpable. You'd be...wrong. StubHub lists 9029 seats available at prices starting at $9.

That's bad, what's worse?

It appears the Big Ten is even willing to pay "fans" to come watch its title game.

At least according to this Craig's List ad:

"Saturday night event in downtown Indianapolis needs seat-fillers. Total number of seat-fillers needed will vary based on crowd. Must tolerate loud noise and crowds. Must have red or dark green casual clothing to wear. Event will last all evening on Saturday night. All ages, sexes, races, etc. Please use contact e-mail. Event planner will follow-up with exact details on location for staging of seat-fillers (additional information and instruction provided there)."

What's the pay?

$75.

Yep, nearly $25 an hour to watch a team win a championship.

Reached for comment by OKTC, the Big Ten office said, "We are not involved in that. You'll have to ask Craig's List."

The Big Ten's denial sounds like that of a coaching candidate when asked if he has been contacted by a school with an opening. Clearly, if someone is paying $75 for fake fans at the inaugural Big Ten title game it isn't happening without the Big Ten's tacit knowledge. Also, if it was a prank or occurring without your knowledge, wouldn't you demand Craig's List take down the ads? The Big Ten hasn't taken that step either.

I've responded to the email stating that I'm available for the work so I'll update this article when or if I get more details. But, if true, this is some serious coin, potentially as much as $750,000 that someone is willing -- or forced to contractually -- drop on fake fans.

Yep, it's really gotten this bad for the Big Ten.

Since a Wisconsin-Michigan State title game in Indianapolis isn't exciting Big Ten fans, I thought I'd lend a helpful hand to the Big Ten.

Here are ten tips to increase attendance.

1. Show the SEC championship game on a jumbotron instead of the Big Ten game.

That's even though the SEC title game doesn't matter very much this year. You know Big Ten fans would secretly rather watch the SEC.

2. Execute Jerry Sandusky at halftime.

It drew great crowds in 18th century Paris. Seems like it would still work in 21st century Indianapolis.

3. Move the title game to Florida.

The only time Big Ten fans seem willing to travel is to Florida in the winter.

Voila, problem solved.

4. Free tattoos on the concourse.

If you pair them with chinstrap beards, Big Ten fans will riot with glee.

5. Tell Colts fans Andrew Luck will be there.

Coincidentally this is also the Colts marketing plan for the final month of the season.

6. Announce that whichever team has the fewest fans will be forced to name Ron Zook as head coach for 2012.

Three words: sell out guaranteed.

7. Maurice Clarett and friends have been hired to provide parking lot security.

Just make sure your valuables aren't visible.

8. Hire the USC song girls for a game.

The Trojans are on probation. Why not put the Song Girls on the jumbotron the entire game?

Be honest, wouldn't you go?

9. Money back guarantee if the game doesn't end on a Hail Mary.

Isn't this the toughest aspect of the lack of ticket demand? The Big Ten is replaying the best game of the season and no one even cares enough to go.

Jim Delany refers to this as a "demographic problem." Others call it something simpler -- sucky football.

10. There's beer available.

http://outkickthecoverage.com/big-ten-p ... e-game.php
Adelpiero
Eternal Scobode

Re: The good ole Big10 Conference

Post by Adelpiero »

http://indianapolis.craigslist.org/evg/2727703432.html

Event Seat-Filler (Indianapolis / Downtown)
Date: 2011-11-29, 9:24PM EST
Reply to: gigs-utzft-2727703432@craigslist.org [Errors when replying to ads?]
Saturday night event in downtown Indianapolis needs seat-fillers. Total number of seat-fillers needed will vary based on crowd.

Must tolerate loud noise and crowds. Event will last all evening on Saturday night. All ages, sexes, races, etc.

Please use contact e-mail. Event planner will follow-up with exact details on location for staging of seat-fillers (additional information and instruction provided there).

it's NOT ok to contact this poster with services or other commercial interests
Compensation: 75 dollars, parking validation and access to event
MgoBlue-LightSpecial
Eternal Scobode

Post by MgoBlue-LightSpecial »

Not surprised at the shitty seats for cheap on Stubhub. Those will get snatched up. I do know that both schools sold out their allotment of tickets pretty quickly.

As for "paying" fans to go to the game, not sure you can put much stock into some vague Craigslist ad. But I suppose it could be one of those deals where they're looking for bodies and fake happy people to pack the halftime shit show featuring Nickleback or Pitbull.
Goober McTuber
World Renowned Last Word Whore

Post by Goober McTuber »

Speaking of Nickelback, I heard there was a big movement in Detroit to not have them play at halftime of the Thanksgiving Day game. What does Detroit have against Nickelback? Mind you, I'm not at all a big fan myself, but at least they're not MGMT.
Joe in PB wrote: Yeah I'm the dumbass
schmick, speaking about Larry Nassar's pubescent and prepubescent victims wrote: They couldn't even kick that doctors ass

Seems they rather just lay there, get fucked and play victim
Adelpiero
Eternal Scobode

Post by Adelpiero »

i know some of the middle tier bowl games will do this, the Texas ones have done this in the past, but the first big10 title game, shocks me. Your getting 2 quality opponents, this isn't USC vs UCLA.

B1G fans i know,claim if it's in Chicago, it's sold out.,
Goober McTuber

Post by Goober McTuber »

Adelpiero wrote:i know some of the middle tier bowl games will do this, the Texas ones have done this in the past, but the first big10 title game, shocks me. Your getting 2 quality opponents, this isn't USC vs UCLA.

B1G fans i know,claim if it's in Chicago, it's sold out.,
Same thing if it's in Madison. :wink:
schmick, speaking about Larry Nassar's pubescent and prepubescent victims wrote: They couldn't even kick that doctors ass

MiketheangrydrunkenCUfan
Baby Bitch

Post by MiketheangrydrunkenCUfan »

Goober McTuber wrote:Speaking of Nickelback, I heard there was a big movement in Detroit to not have them play at halftime of the Thanksgiving Day game. What does Detroit have against Nickelback? Mind you, I'm not at all a big fan myself, but at least they're not MGMT.
I'm no MGMT apologist, and I realize you pretty much live to get under S_M's skin, but if you honestly think Nickelback is better than MGMT, you have pretty much destroyed any credibility you could ever bring to a discussion of music...
"Keys, woman!"
MgoBlue-LightSpecial
Eternal Scobode

Goober McTuber wrote:Speaking of Nickelback, I heard there was a big movement in Detroit to not have them play at halftime of the Thanksgiving Day game. What does Detroit have against Nickelback? Mind you, I'm not at all a big fan myself, but at least they're not MGMT.
Are you kidding? MGMT is Zepplin, The Stones and the Beatles combined compared to Nickleback.
King Crimson
Eternal Scobode

Post by King Crimson »

that the Big Stage, Big Ten is going straight into "halftime show spectacle" is pretty distressing to this sports fan. MGMT, Nickleback....isn't Gwen Stefani next? we're so far down the rabbit hole, who knows?
""On a lonely planet spinning its way toward damnation amid the fear and despair of a broken human race, who is left to fight for all that is good and pure and gets you smashed for under a fiver? Yes, it's the surprising adventures of me, Sir Digby Chicken-Caesar!"
"
Mikey
Carbon Neutral since 1955

Post by Mikey »

If they fly me out there and put me up at the Holiday Inn Express, I'll go.
Goober McTuber

Post by Goober McTuber »

MiketheangrydrunkenCUfan wrote:
I'm no MGMT apologist, and I realize you pretty much live to get under S_M's skin, but if you honestly think Nickelback is better than MGMT, you have pretty much destroyed any credibility you could ever bring to a discussion of music...
That tends to be a fairly subjective discussion, right? I mean, you're a fan of hip-hop, so you have no credibility to start with, right?

Goober McTuber

Post by Goober McTuber »

Seems to me that attendance could often be an issue with this game, unless they permanently hold it in Chicago. I don’t know anyone planning to go to Indy – who wants to visit Indy in December. But I do know people who are already booking a trip to Pasadena.

Hey, 88, where's the Pick 'em?

MgoBlue-LightSpecial
Eternal Scobode

Goober McTuber wrote:Hey, 88, where's the Pick 'em?
I've already PMed him 3 times.

-Suncoastsooner
MgoBlue-LightSpecial
Eternal Scobode

Goober McTuber wrote:But I do know people who are already booking a trip to Pasadena.
Nice. Who do you guys think you are, the '85 Bears?
Goober McTuber

Post by Goober McTuber »

MgoBlue-LightSpecial wrote:
Goober McTuber wrote:But I do know people who are already booking a trip to Pasadena.
Nice. Who do you guys think you are, the '85 Bears?
I live in a land of optimists. Plus, they're allowed to back out if MSU pulls off another miracle.

MgoBlue-LightSpecial
Eternal Scobode

Last two in a row. Last 7 out of 11. Miracles.
Goober McTuber

Post by Goober McTuber »

The last one was. That's why they call it a H-a-i-l M-a-r-y. Oh, and the last two in a row were both in East Lansing.

MgoBlue-LightSpecial
Eternal Scobode

Goober McTuber wrote:The last one was. That's why they call it a H-a-i-l M-a-r-y. Oh, and the last two in a row were both in East Lansing.
Stubbed toes. Miracles. Whatever. A win is a win. Maybe they should have done things earlier in the game to prevent it from coming down to that. BTW, had that miracle been batted down, there's still this thing called o-v-e-r-t-i-m-e. People seem to forget that.

As for this game, I don't know why it's some foregone conclusion amongst so many Badger fans that UW will win this game. These teams are very evenly matched. I think it will be a battle that could easily go either way.
Goober McTuber

Post by Goober McTuber »

MgoBlue-LightSpecial wrote:These teams are very evenly matched. I think it will be a battle that could easily go either way.
I agree. Now, leave me alone, you relentless last word whore.

Screw_Michigan
Angry Snowflake

Post by Screw_Michigan »

Goober McTuber wrote:What does Detroit have against Nickelback? Mind you, I'm not at all a big fan myself, but at least they're not MGMT.
Other than they suck balls? The fact you even had to ask this question just shows how utterly and truly clueless you are, Grandpa.
kcdave wrote: Sat Sep 09, 2023 8:05 am
I was actually going to to join in the best bets activity here at good ole T1B...The guy that runs that contest is a fucking prick
Derron wrote: Sat Oct 03, 2020 3:07 pm
You are truly one of the worst pieces of shit to ever post on this board. Start giving up your paycheck for reparations now and then you can shut the fuck up about your racist blasts.
Goober McTuber

Post by Goober McTuber »

Screw_Michigan wrote:
Goober McTuber wrote:What does Detroit have against Nickelback? Mind you, I'm not at all a big fan myself, but at least they're not MGMT.
Other than they suck balls? The fact you even had to ask this question just shows how utterly and truly clueless you are, Grandpa.
I know that. But lots of NFL halftime acts suck, but they don’t engender tens of thousands to rise up in protest. I just thought one of you Michigan halfwits might know why this particular shit band aroused such pushback.

Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

Papa Willie wrote:How are the other conferences going?
I believe the PAC Champ tix are pretty much gone, and have been. Autzen ain't the biggest stadium in the world, and if they hold a football game there, 60,000 will show up.

Thought I was going to get done working down south friday afternoon, and maybe wind up in Eugene for the game, maybe score some scalpies. Didn't work out that way, came home early, and I'm hoping to be done working on the coast early enough to either get home for the game, or catch it in some dive in Lincoln City.

But with or without me, they'll be running it hard in Eugene friday night. Big game in a party town, and the weather's been great.

3 in a row, baby.
I got 99 problems but the 'vid ain't one
Carson
2012 CFB Pickem Champ

Post by Carson »

88 wrote:Did they officially rename it the Meatgrinder Bowl yet?
That's the name for the MNC game. :P
Van
2012 CFB Bowl Pick Champ

Post by Van »

The people in Detroit who were protesting the idea of Nickleback playing at halftime of the Thanksgiving Day game were doing so not on any stated grounds that Nickelback sucks more than bradhusker at a 300 theme-party, but rather because they felt Detroit should have opted to honor one of their own. Between Motown and various Classic Rock acts, along with goofballs like Kid Rock, their feeling was that Detroit had no business booking a non-homegrown act.

That's what I read, anyway.
Joe Satriani is a mime, right? - 88

Show me your dicks. - trev
Go Coogs'
Eternal Scobode

Post by Go Coogs' »

Houston sold out their high school stadium within three hours of the release. I got mine. Pics to come Saturday night.
88 wrote:Go Coogs' (Regular Season Total Points Champ)
M Club
el capitán

Post by M Club »

Van wrote:The people in Detroit who were protesting the idea of Nickleback playing at halftime of the Thanksgiving Day game were doing so not on any stated grounds that Nickelback sucks more than bradhusker at a 300 theme-party, but rather because they felt Detroit should have opted to honor one of their own. Between Motown and various Classic Rock acts, along with goofballs like Kid Rock, their feeling was that Detroit had no business booking a non-homegrown act.

That's what I read, anyway.
i'm pretty sure the protests were done tongue-in-cheek and only after the story gained momentum did anyone try to come up with legitimate reasons about representing detroit. all halftime acts suck, but who really cares? how many people do you know who actually forgo the piss they were holding to watch u2 and britney drop a duet on your bleeding ears?

i find it hard to believe there isn't enough demand between wisco and state to fill the stadium. msu hasn't been big ten champions since 1987 (co-champs last year but no one took them seriously) and wisconsin hasn't won a outright title since 1756. they've won a few co-championships recently, though most of them have been of the "yeah, but" variety like state's last year. there must be some corporate ticket policy thing going on where the big ten strong armed sponsors into buying blocks of tickets that they're now trying to unload on disinterested employees as some sort of bonus. "hey, if you don't want to go you can at least make $70 on stubhub, call it your xmas bonus." hosting the game in a western outpost like indy can't help, either. can make a weekend of it in chicago, where all you can do in indy is choose which mini-mall bar and grill to hit up that was just like the last one.
MgoBlue-LightSpecial
Eternal Scobode

M Club wrote:i'm pretty sure the protests were done tongue-in-cheek and only after the story gained momentum did anyone try to come up with legitimate reasons about representing detroit.
This is the correct answer. The whole "Nickleback is the worst band of all-time" has sort of become a pop culture gag though, uh, true at the same time. Hell, even Jim Rome runs with it.
MgoBlue-LightSpecial
Eternal Scobode

M Club wrote:i find it hard to believe there isn't enough demand between wisco and state to fill the stadium. msu hasn't been big ten champions since 1987 (co-champs last year but no one took them seriously) and wisconsin hasn't won a outright title since 1756. they've won a few co-championships recently, though most of them have been of the "yeah, but" variety like state's last year. there must be some corporate ticket policy thing going on where the big ten strong armed sponsors into buying blocks of tickets that they're now trying to unload on disinterested employees as some sort of bonus. "hey, if you don't want to go you can at least make $70 on stubhub, call it your xmas bonus." hosting the game in a western outpost like indy can't help, either. can make a weekend of it in chicago, where all you can do in indy is choose which mini-mall bar and grill to hit up that was just like the last one.
Everything I've read suggests State fans are more than pulling their weight. A majority % of tickets sold from ticket broker sites are coming from the state of Michigan. Wisky fans were two plays away from an MNC and are bummed out to be here. Plus they think this game is a foregone conclusion and are banking their mattress money for Pasadena to lose by 40 to Oregon.
Left Seater
36,000 ft above the chaos

Post by Left Seater »

Adelpiero wrote:i know some of the middle tier bowl games will do this, the Texas ones have done this in the past, but the first big10 title game, shocks me. Your getting 2 quality opponents, this isn't USC vs UCLA.
Yeah, the Texas bowls had to do this because B1G fans only travel to Florida and Pac12 fans hardly travel.

Go Coogs' wrote:Houston sold out their high school stadium within three hours of the release. I got mine. Pics to come Saturday night.
Well as you said it is a HS stadium, not so difficult to do. The real test will be how many Cougar High fans make the trip to the Sugar Bowl? But as for Saturday, will there be more fans at the UH game or at Memorial Stadium in Austin for Lake Travis vs Cedar Park or at SMU's Ford Stadium for Southlake Carroll vs Arlington Martin?
Moving Sale wrote:I really are a fucking POS.
Softball Bat wrote: I am the dumbest motherfucker ever to post on the board.
Screw_Michigan
Angry Snowflake

Post by Screw_Michigan »

M Club wrote:hosting the game in a western outpost like indy can't help, either. can make a weekend of it in chicago, where all you can do in indy is choose which mini-mall bar and grill to hit up that was just like the last one.
BUT BUT BUT BUT...it's fucking COLD in Chicago in December! Nobody wants to spend $70 to stand in cold weather for four hours when they can be inside and in 70 degrees!

Sin,

Colin Cowherd, Big 11 brass, Weather Pussies
I was actually going to to join in the best bets activity here at good ole T1B...The guy that runs that contest is a fucking prick
You are truly one of the worst pieces of shit to ever post on this board. Start giving up your paycheck for reparations now and then you can shut the fuck up about your racist blasts.
Goober McTuber

Post by Goober McTuber »

MgoBlue-LightSpecial wrote:
M Club wrote:i find it hard to believe there isn't enough demand between wisco and state to fill the stadium. msu hasn't been big ten champions since 1987 (co-champs last year but no one took them seriously) and wisconsin hasn't won a outright title since 1756. they've won a few co-championships recently, though most of them have been of the "yeah, but" variety like state's last year. there must be some corporate ticket policy thing going on where the big ten strong armed sponsors into buying blocks of tickets that they're now trying to unload on disinterested employees as some sort of bonus. "hey, if you don't want to go you can at least make $70 on stubhub, call it your xmas bonus." hosting the game in a western outpost like indy can't help, either. can make a weekend of it in chicago, where all you can do in indy is choose which mini-mall bar and grill to hit up that was just like the last one.
Everything I've read suggests State fans are more than pulling their weight. A majority % of tickets sold from ticket broker sites are coming from the state of Michigan. Wisky fans were two plays away from an MNC and are bummed out to be here. Plus they think this game is a foregone conclusion and are banking their mattress money for Pasadena to lose by 40 to Oregon.
Well, sure. For someone living in East Lansing a trip to Indy seems like a dream vacation. Not so much so for folks in the Madison area.

bradhusker
Certified Cockologist

Post by bradhusker »

Goober McTuber wrote:Seems to me that attendance could often be an issue with this game, unless they permanently hold it in Chicago. I don’t know anyone planning to go to Indy – who wants to visit Indy in December. But I do know people who are already booking a trip to Pasadena.

Hey, 88, where's the Pick 'em?
WRONG AGAIN Goob tard. Once Nebraska starts going to the title game, it will be sold out every time. Everyone in the world of sports knows that Nebraska fans travel the best. No team is a close second to fans who travel.
ALSO, Urban goin to the buckeyes is a BOMBSHELL. With Braxton at QB, he will run that option system to perfection. The big ten is clearly on the rise, anyone who says otherwise is a dumb fool.
I'll pull you out of that one bunk hilton and cast you down with the sodomites. The warden, shawshank redemption.
Screw_Michigan
Angry Snowflake

Post by Screw_Michigan »

Fat Fucking Retard: The only reason Detroit built a dome is so they could host the Super Bowl. Real men (i.e. not you or your southern inbrethern) play football outdoors, regardless of temperature. Indianapolis is at a polar end of the league. Would have been just as bad if the Cash Grab game was in Minneapolis or State College. Chicago is a central location (for the most part) and a location people want to visit in general, regardless of weather.

Put that in your fucking pipe and smoke it, idiot.
bradhusker
Certified Cockologist

Post by bradhusker »

Screw_Michigan wrote:Fat Fucking Retard: The only reason Detroit built a dome is so they could host the Super Bowl. Real men (i.e. not you or your southern inbrethern) play football outdoors, regardless of temperature. Indianapolis is at a polar end of the league. Would have been just as bad if the Cash Grab game was in Minneapolis or State College. Chicago is a central location (for the most part) and a location people want to visit in general, regardless of weather.

RAAAAAAAAAACK HIM, he is a FAT fucking retard, thats for certain, with a shit for brains mentality.
I'll pull you out of that one bunk hilton and cast you down with the sodomites. The warden, shawshank redemption.
Goober McTuber

Post by Goober McTuber »

Screw_Michigan wrote:Fat Fucking Retard: The only reason Detroit built a dome is so they could host the Super Bowl. Real men (i.e. not you or your southern inbrethern) play football outdoors, regardless of temperature. Indianapolis is at a polar end of the league. Would have been just as bad if the Cash Grab game was in Minneapolis or State College. Chicago is a central location (for the most part) and a location people want to visit in general, regardless of weather.

Even a blind pig finds an acorn now and then. RACK that take.

bradhusker
Certified Cockologist

Post by bradhusker »

Goober McTuber wrote:

Even a blind pig finds an acorn now and then. RACK that take.
Rack goober for being a disgusting fat pig with shit for brains.