BCS Title Game

Fuck Jim Delany

Moderators: 88BuckeyeGrad, Left Seater, buckeye_in_sc

Mikey
Carbon Neutral since 1955

Re: BCS Title Game

Post by Mikey »

Van wrote:
Terry in Crapchester wrote:What about if LSU loses big-time to Georgia, and Okie State loses to Oklahoma? Could you possibly wind up with a BCS title game between Alabama and Stanford -- two programs that didn't win their conference?
If the unthinkable happens and Georgia just shithammers LSU—along with OSU losing to OU—yep, we'll probably get Stanford vs Bama...two teams who didn't win their own Division, much less their own conference.
I pretty much doubt that would happen. LSU loses 50-7 they'll still be voted #2 in the polls, and prolly #2 in the computers. And Stanford would prolly still be at 10 or higher in some of the computers.
M2
2005 Cryin' Ryan Winner

Post by M2 »

Sudden Sam wrote: I probably did. I felt very confident that Alabama would win. It was a great game. What can I say?

That was a great game ?

How many more missed field goals does a game have to have before it becomes a bad game ?
Goober McTuber
World Renowned Last Word Whore

Post by Goober McTuber »

The computers are more whack than any group of human voters.
Joe in PB wrote: Yeah I'm the dumbass
schmick, speaking about Larry Nassar's pubescent and prepubescent victims wrote: They couldn't even kick that doctors ass

Seems they rather just lay there, get fucked and play victim
Van
2012 CFB Bowl Pick Champ

Post by Van »

Mikey, I'm not sure it would happen, but I do know that's the only way it would happen. Short of just getting absolutely blown out in the CCG, LSU is in. Maybe they'd still get in anyway, but at least there'd be room for pause.

The one thing I don't want is for OSU to leapfrog Bama and get in. LSU would steamroll them, and I am so sick of seeing SEC teams getting off easy with their matchups in the title game. Other than for trolls like M2 I think we all know believe Bama and LSU remain the two best teams, so they may as well play for the title. At least it'd very likely be a close game.
Joe Satriani is a mime, right? - 88

Show me your dicks. - trev
Goober McTuber

Post by Goober McTuber »

Van wrote:Mikey, I'm not sure it would happen, but I do know that's the only way it would happen. Short of just getting absolutely blown out in the CCG, LSU is in. Maybe they'd still get in anyway, but at least there'd be room for pause.

The one thing I don't want is for OSU to leapfrog Bama and get in. LSU would steamroll them, and I am so sick of seeing SEC teams getting off easy with their matchups in the title game. Other than for trolls like M2 I think we all know believe Bama and LSU remain the two best teams, so they may as well play for the title. At least it'd very likely be a close game.
You're pretty fucking presumtuous to speak for everyone else. I want OSU to jump Alabama.
schmick, speaking about Larry Nassar's pubescent and prepubescent victims wrote: They couldn't even kick that doctors ass

M2
2005 Cryin' Ryan Winner

Post by M2 »

Goober McTuber wrote:The computers are more whack than any group of human voters.

The "Predictor" has you as the # 6 team in the country... what do you think you should be ranked ?
M2
2005 Cryin' Ryan Winner

Post by M2 »

Goober McTuber wrote:
You're pretty fucking presumtuous to speak for everyone else.

That's her shtick... I guess you haven't been reading Vannie for long.
Goober McTuber

Post by Goober McTuber »

M2 wrote:
Goober McTuber wrote:The computers are more whack than any group of human voters.

The "Predictor" has you as the # 6 team in the country... what do you think you should be ranked ?
Somewhere around 10th to 12th.

Van
2012 CFB Bowl Pick Champ

Post by Van »

Goober McTuber wrote:
Van wrote:Mikey, I'm not sure it would happen, but I do know that's the only way it would happen. Short of just getting absolutely blown out in the CCG, LSU is in. Maybe they'd still get in anyway, but at least there'd be room for pause.

You're pretty fucking presumtuous to speak for everyone else. I want OSU to jump Alabama.
Do you or do you not believe M2 is a troll, and refuse to take a word he says seriously? That's the main part where I'm speaking for everyone else. Oh, and that other part too, about all of us deep-down believing (except for the M2 troll) that Bama and LSU remain the two best treams?

I'm definitely not saying we all want Bama to play LSU. I'm strictly speaking for myself there. Yes, I'd much rather see a Bama-LSU rematch than another episode of the SEC crushing the Big XII. I do suspect though that we'd be hardpressed to find a single person here who believes: 1. OSU is better than Bama. 2. OSU would be favored over Bama.

We may find a few people who think OSU might actually beat Bama, but they'd be in the obvious minority. Remember, the game is being played in the Superdome. OSU is not going into that SEC madhouse and beating Bama for a national title there.

Felix
2012 JAFFL Champ

Post by Felix »

Sudden Sam wrote:
goddamn, I almost glided over this....funny shit
racks to whoever made it
get out, get out while there's still time
War Wagon
2010 CFB Pickem Champ

Post by War Wagon »

Van

Maybe LSU or bama would smother OSU, but most people without a vested interest in either team would rather watch a 41-38 shootout than a 6-3 snoozefest. We know that's what we'd get with a rematch, we really don't know for sure how OSU vs. either would play out.

You like to make these grand pronouncements of fact when in reality all they are are suppositions.
Felix
2012 JAFFL Champ

Post by Felix »

well not more whack than Craig James voting Boise State 24th in this weeks polls....I know the guy has a real hard on for BSU, but voting them 24th is just fucking stupid....
Mikey
Carbon Neutral since 1955

Post by Mikey »

Felix wrote:
well not more whack than Craig James voting Boise State 24th in this weeks polls....I know the guy has a real hard on for BSU, but voting them 24th is just fucking stupid....
Like I said up there^^^^he has Arkansas at #3. The moron shouldn't be let out in public much less allowed a vote on this.
Van
2012 CFB Bowl Pick Champ

Post by Van »

Wags wrote:Van

Maybe LSU or bama would smother OSU, but most people without a vested interest in either team would rather watch a 41-38 shootout than a 6-3 snoozefest. We know that's what we'd get with a rematch, we really don't know for sure how OSU vs. either would play out.

You like to make these grand pronouncements of fact when in reality all they are are suppositions.
And? Are you so addled that you require qualifiers to make it clear that the speaker is giving what can clearly only be his opinion, as opposed to any statement of fact?

Look, for the millionth time, no one ever knows what would happen in any hypothetical game. Of course not. That being the case, do you really want everyone to toss out Shoalzie-esque nothings that are so biliously fair as to make TiC grate his teeth at their milquetoastedness?

Btw, since we're talking about pure fatness, I was compelled to set foot in Mizzou Mecca today: Yep, I had to go to a Walmart this afternoon. Needed to locate a particular type of Sobe drink I can actually get down and keep down. As it turned out, though, the fuckers didn't even carry the stuff. Couldn't believe it. They carry nine thousand brands of pudding and countless varieties of "extra-strength" Ding Dongs, but nary a single bottle of Sobe. I bet if the shit was deep fried they'd stock cases of it right at the checkout counter, as an "impulse purchase" teaser.

Anyway, what should I spy while trolling the aisles looking for my drink? Why, one highly unusual thing, and three oh-too-typical "things," which I mean literally. The highly unusual thing was a stone-cold perfect nineteen-year-old Latina wearing naught but a tiny pair of terry cloth shorts and a string bikini top. She was pushing a mostly empty cart around, looking for all the world like a Sexbot Martian who'd crashlanded on Cholesteralville. The contents of her cart? A bottle of shampoo, a deli-made Chinese chicken salad, and a Taylor Swift CD.

Keep in mind, while it ain't K.C. cold here, it's definitely now what the local women often refer to as "nipply." Slut didn't care. "You WILL ogle my dangly belly-piercing!" seemed to be her unspoken command.

The three usual things? Okay, it was really only two, but I'm counting them as three. It was a mother-daughter combo, with a special caveat. The mom was rolling along in her woebegone "so fucking fat that you're now disabled" electric scooter gizmo, with her easy-three-fiddy daughter wheezing alongside. Mom? An even easier five bills.

Why three things, you may ask?

I'm counting the mom as two things: the basic her, plus her jaw-droppingly ginormous gunt that was so fucking huge, she required a seperate shelf-attachment to her scooter on which to lay that rampant blob of sloth.

Damn it, I was wishing like hell that you were there. The sight of that Gorgon made me want to grab a video camera and shoot a little documentary of you using a pitchfork to feed her some Rocky Road ice cream.

The capper, though? I mean the dead-nuts perfect pièce de résistance?

Proudly affixed to the back of her chair was a dogeared "Dale Earnhardt, Jr-88" sticker.

I was so happy, I about cried.
Last edited by Van on Tue Nov 29, 2011 1:41 am, edited 1 time in total.

War Wagon
2010 CFB Pickem Champ

Post by War Wagon »

:lol: :lol: :lol:

I forgot what we were arguing about, damnit.
Go Coogs'
Eternal Scobode

Post by Go Coogs' »

This is how I qualify it.

What would the talking heads say if Houston beat Oklahoma State in the Fiesta Bowl?

"Well, there was this feeling Okie State wasn't for real. They had holes on that defense and Houston exposed them."

What would the talking heads say if Houston beat Alabama in the Sugar Bowl?

"Damn...Houston beat Bama? How good is this Houston squad?"

That tells me right there Bama is better than Okie Lite; however, you can make compelling cases for both schools. Okie Lite won their conference, they played and beat more top 20 opponents, and they played ALL of their conference foes.

As for Bama, their only loss is to the #1 team in the nation and they have the more impressive non-conference win against Penn State on the road.

What works against Bama is they missed both Georgia and South Carolina in the east. They've only played four opponents with a winning record on their schedule whereas Okie Lite has played seven opponents with a winning record.

I think a lot of people are looking at this with narrow vision. They are fixated on Bama's one loss vs Okie Lite's one loss. That shouldn't be the only criteria when selecting the #2 team in the country.
88 wrote:Go Coogs' (Regular Season Total Points Champ)
Carson
2012 CFB Pickem Champ

Post by Carson »

Felix wrote:
Sudden Sam wrote:
goddamn, I almost glided over this....funny shit
racks to whoever made it
I don't get the joke.

That ain't what happened Saturday. :oops:
Felix
2012 JAFFL Champ

Post by Felix »

Go Coogs' wrote:
What would the talking heads say if Houston beat Oklahoma State in the Fiesta Bowl?
"oklahoma state wasn't up for the game" "oklahoma state has got some injuries and their not the team they were" "a Fiesta Bowl win didn't mean anything to Oklahoma State" "oklahoma state's players hearts just weren't in it" would you like some more? welcome to Boise State's world
What would the talking heads say if Houston beat Alabama in the Sugar Bowl?
same thing as above, just insert Alabama for Oklahoma State
"Damn...Houston beat Bama? How good is this Houston squad?"
seriously, as a stalwart supporter of a team that's been in your teams shoes, you could hammer bama and the SEC BSH's here (s'up JSC) would accuse you of playing only one or two tough games a year and utter non-sensical shit like, "C-USA schedule is so easy _______ (insert SEC team) could go undefeated every year".......blah blah blah blah blah....

hey, who have you guys played this year? :grin:
SoCalTrjn
2007 CFB Board Bitch

Post by SoCalTrjn »

Why is everyone forgetting that Alabama had just 3 wins vs 1a teams with winning records and one of those is 7-5 another is a vs very very soft Penn St team and the third is vs an Arkansas team who has beaten absolutely nobody.
This is just another example of the SEC exploiting the loopholes in the BCS scheduling game
The entire conference collectively plays NOBODY out of conference, most the schools played 3 or even all 4 of their OOC games at home and then when they teams get to conference play the games look like battles of titans when all it is is fluff.

Bama played Kent State, @ Penn State, North Texas and Georgia Southern
Auburn played Utah State, @ Clemson, Florida Atlantic and Samford
Arkansas played Missouri State, New Mexico, Troy and Texas A&M at a neutral site
Georgia played Boise State, Florida Atlantic, Georgia Southern and Georgia Tech ALL At Home
Florida played Florida Atlantic, Alabama Birmingham, Furman and Florida State ALL At Home
Kentucky played Central Michigan, Louisville, Jacksonville State and Western Kentucky at a neutral site
Miss St played @Memphis, @Alabama Birmingham, Tennessee Martin and Louisiana Tech
Ole Miss played BYU, Louisiana Tech, Southern Illinois and @Fresno State
Tennessee played Montana, Buffalo, Middle Tennessee State and Cincinatti ALL At Home
LSU played North Western State, Western Kentucky, @ West Virginia and Oregon at a neutral site
South Carolina East Carolina, Navy, The Citadel and Clemson ALL At Home
Vanderbilt played Elon, Connecticut, Army and @ Wake Forest

of 48 OOC games, SEC teams only played at the other school in 7 games, 2 of those 7 games were from perrenial SEC bottom feeder Mississippi State. 4 of the 12 teams didnt play a single OOC game away from their own stadium

Its cowardly, but what would you expect from the likes of southerners? However as cowardly as it is, it works with the BCS rankingss, everyone is 4-0 OOC so they have fluffed up records and teams like Bama, who only has 3 wins vs D1 teams with winning records can cry about how they should be able to lose their conference and play for the National title.

Why can people argue that the Mid Majors dont belong in BCS Bowls because they only have 2 or 3 tough games a year, Alabama only had 3 and they lost one of them.

The NCAA needs to change the rules that in order for a team to play in a BCS Bowl it can not play non 1A teams and can not have more than 6 home games and a neutral site game will only count as a road game every other time it is played. You cant keep the Mid Majors like Houston out because they only play 2 or 3 tough games a year and then let Bama only played 3 tough games this year in.
M2
2005 Cryin' Ryan Winner

Post by M2 »

Vannie and SEC Ball Sucking Homers... are the only ones impressed with the SEC.

The computers...

have only 5 teams in the top 30 from the SEC.

At the same time... the PAC 12 has 6 teams in the top 30

and the Big 12 has 7 teams...
Goober McTuber

Post by Goober McTuber »

Sam, the SEC has the top team this year, but top to bottom they're not quite as strong as the Big 12.

Adelpiero
Eternal Scobode

Post by Adelpiero »

Goober McTuber wrote:So we can expect 12-9, then?
i was thinking 6-4, LSU gets 2 safeties, and misses a FG late, Bama wins. Both Qb's combine for 80 yards passing.

Both teams should be ashamed at how horrible their QB's are. They are football factories, they should have 2-3 Stud Qb's on their roster.
Van
2012 CFB Bowl Pick Champ

Post by Van »

Definitely don't think the SEC is strong this year. They're a two-team conference, and the fall after those two teams is precipitous.

Gotta say, though, SoCalTrjn is absolutely correct about SEC OOC scheduling and Bama's lack of any true SoS. By the same token, Sam is correct about Okie St's pathetic schedule. K St is their only semi-tough win, while Bama owns none, not unless you somehow think Arkansas or PSU are anything but frauds.

Since LSU has played a decent schedule this year, fuck it, let's have them play an intra-squad game for the national title. They're seemingly the only contender who deserves shit so far.

Goober McTuber

Post by Goober McTuber »

Okie State’s schedule might not be murderer’s row, but they’ve beaten 4 teams that are currently Top 25 (and facing another this weekend), and A&M was Top 10 when they played.

Goober McTuber

Post by Goober McTuber »

Sudden Sam wrote:
Goober McTuber wrote:Okie State’s schedule might not be murderer’s row, but they’ve beaten 4 teams that are currently Top 25 (and facing another this weekend), and A&M was Top 10 when they played.
They've played a shit schedule to this point. Period. Not a decent defense amongst them.
Fine. Alabama's played a shit schedule to this point. Period. Not a decent offense amongst them.

I get it. You're gripping with all of the arguments being made for Okie State to slide past Bammer with a win over Oklahoma.

War Wagon
2010 CFB Pickem Champ

Post by War Wagon »

Van wrote:Sam is correct about Okie St's pathetic schedule. K St is their only semi-tough win
I disagree with that completely, of course.

Other than KU, there are no gimmes in the XII, as bottom feeders TT and ISU both proved. I think you'll discover as the bowl games play out just how tough a conference it is.

if they do indeed beat Oklahoma though, you wouldn't consider that a semi-tough win?
Van
2012 CFB Bowl Pick Champ

Post by Van »

Yes, that'd be their second semi-tough win. Otherwise, nope, there isn't another team on Okie St's schedule besides K St that isn't a defenseless patsy.

War Wagon
2010 CFB Pickem Champ

Post by War Wagon »

Van wrote:there isn't another team on Okie St's schedule besides K St that isn't a defenseless patsy.
at some point, you have to give some credence to the idea that there are some pretty good offenses going against these supposed 'defenseless patsies'.

don't know why you would think KSU is an exception either, they got lit up for 55 by OSU. Guess that just doesn't jive with your preconceived notions.
Last edited by War Wagon on Tue Nov 29, 2011 6:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Goober McTuber

Post by Goober McTuber »

Sudden Sam wrote:
Goober McTuber wrote: Fine. Alabama's played a shit schedule to this point. Period. Not a decent offense amongst them.

I get it. You're gripping with all of the arguments being made for Okie State to slide past Bammer with a win over Oklahoma.
There is no legit argument for them to pass Bama. They have a POS defense and they haven't played anybody.

Alabama's played no decent offenses? LSU (very good), Arkansas (better), and Georgia Southern. :lol: :lol: :lol:
LSU is ranked 62nd in total offense, Arkansas is 28th.

Okie State (after this weekend) will have played 4 of the top 7 offenses in the country.

Adelpiero
Eternal Scobode

Post by Adelpiero »

The problem, with the Big12 offensive numbers, are no one plays defense in the league. Ok, maybe Texas, but that's it.

It's arena football, and actually quite embarrassing how pathetic the defenses are. People can quote Offensive numbers, but look at the defensive numbers also. And it ain't because all of the offenses are great, many are very good, but these stats are being padded by horrible defenses.

Big12 Defenses:
okie st 450ish per game given up
Oklahoma 373 per
KST 401 yards
Baylor 470 yards per
aTm 380 per game
ISU 439 per game
Texas tech 489 per game
Kansas 516 per game
Mizzou 382 per game

Absolutely atrocious defenses.
War Wagon
2010 CFB Pickem Champ

Post by War Wagon »

It's a meatgrinder, I tell ya'.
Van
2012 CFB Bowl Pick Champ

Post by Van »

When one of those juggernaut Big XII offenses ever manages not to get shut down by a top SEC defense, fine, I'll buy it. Until then, they're just C-USA with more money and better athletes. The next time OU's spread offense slaughters a USC or the SEC champ in a bowl game will be the first.

If you think Okie St would look anything like Okie St were they to play Bama or LSU—and here I'll add a needless qualifer just for Wags—then ~I believe~ you're sadly mistaken.

War Wagon
2010 CFB Pickem Champ

Post by War Wagon »

What you will or will not buy is of no concern to me.
Van
2012 CFB Bowl Pick Champ

Post by Van »

Bullshit. As long as it came from Walmart, the idea of my buying it gives you a Smiling Bob boner.

:hfal:

Mace
Eternal Scobode

Post by Mace »

Van wrote:If you think Okie St would look anything like Okie St were they to play Bama or LSU—.
You could even add Iowa State to that list.....a team that needs to beat K-State on the road to become bowl eligible.
War Wagon
2010 CFB Pickem Champ

Post by War Wagon »

Sudden Sam wrote:I give up.
You say that a lot, yet never do.

Tomorrow morning, you'll pull out your SECBSH card and clock in, just like you've done every day for the past umpteen years.
M Club
el capitán

Post by M Club »

War Wagon wrote: Tomorrow morning, you'll pull out your SECBSH card and clock in...
bwah.
Goober McTuber

Post by Goober McTuber »

Papa Willie wrote:
SoCalTrjn wrote:Why is everyone forgetting that Alabama had just 3 wins vs 1a teams with winning records and one of those is 7-5 another is a vs very very soft Penn St team and the third is vs an Arkansas team who has beaten absolutely nobody.
This is just another example of the SEC exploiting the loopholes in the BCS scheduling game
The entire conference collectively plays NOBODY out of conference, most the schools played 3 or even all 4 of their OOC games at home and then when they teams get to conference play the games look like battles of titans when all it is is fluff.

Arkansas played Missouri State, New Mexico, Troy and Texas A&M at a neutral site
Georgia played Boise State, Florida Atlantic, Georgia Southern and Georgia Tech ALL At Home
Florida played Florida Atlantic, Alabama Birmingham, Furman and Florida State ALL At Home
Kentucky played Central Michigan, Louisville, Jacksonville State and Western Kentucky at a neutral site
Miss St played @Memphis, @Alabama Birmingham, Tennessee Martin and Louisiana Tech
Tennessee played Montana, Buffalo, Middle Tennessee State and Cincinatti ALL At Home
LSU played North Western State, Western Kentucky, @ West Virginia and Oregon at a neutral site

of 48 OOC games, SEC teams only played at the other school in 7 games, 2 of those 7 games were from perrenial SEC bottom feeder Mississippi State. 4 of the 12 teams didnt play a single OOC game away from their own stadium

Its cowardly, but what would you expect from the likes of southerners? However as cowardly as it is, it works with the BCS rankingss, everyone is 4-0 OOC so they have fluffed up records and teams like Bama, who only has 3 wins vs D1 teams with winning records can cry about how they should be able to lose their conference and play for the National title.

Why can people argue that the Mid Majors dont belong in BCS Bowls because they only have 2 or 3 tough games a year, Alabama only had 3 and they lost one of them.

The NCAA needs to change the rules that in order for a team to play in a BCS Bowl it can not play non 1A teams and can not have more than 6 home games and a neutral site game will only count as a road game every other time it is played. You cant keep the Mid Majors like Houston out because they only play 2 or 3 tough games a year and then let Bama only played 3 tough games this year in.

Pssssst - do you even know what the spread is in your glorious conference's championship game is?

It's 31.5 points, you jizz-soaked faggot. Again - the SEC always ends up playing a harder schedule than you faggots, and the SOS's always tell the tale.
In all fairness to Toejam, you're wrong. USC typically plays one of the tougher schedules in the nation. If you go back and look at the year-end Sagarin ratings for past seasons, more often than not USC's schedule is tougher than most SEC teams, and always tougher than Allbarn's.

SoCalTrjn
2007 CFB Board Bitch

Post by SoCalTrjn »

Goober McTuber wrote:
Papa Willie wrote:
SoCalTrjn wrote:Why is everyone forgetting that Alabama had just 3 wins vs 1a teams with winning records and one of those is 7-5 another is a vs very very soft Penn St team and the third is vs an Arkansas team who has beaten absolutely nobody.

Pssssst - do you even know what the spread is in your glorious conference's championship game is?

It's 31.5 points, you jizz-soaked faggot. Again - the SEC always ends up playing a harder schedule than you faggots, and the SOS's always tell the tale.
In all fairness to Toejam, you're wrong. USC typically plays one of the tougher schedules in the nation. If you go back and look at the year-end Sagarin ratings for past seasons, more often than not USC's schedule is tougher than most SEC teams, and always tougher than Allbarn's.
Sagarins 2010 SOS rankings

1. Oregon State
2. Washington State
3. Washington
4. UCLA
5. Arizona State
6. California
7. Arizona
8. USC
9 Stanford
10. Oregon
11. Arkansas
12. South Carolina
13. Auburn
14. Alabama
15. LSU
16. Miami
17. Texas A&M
18. Florida State
19. UNLV
20. Oklahoma
http://www.usatoday.com/sports/sagarin/fbt10.htm

But Im sure the next thing out of this guys mouth is that since Sagarin doesnt eat SEC jism the way their fans eat gravy, he is biased. So even though Sagarins SOS ranking system has long been considered the most accurate, it no longer is. Forget the fact that Sagarins is the only SOS ranking that considers every single game, where it is played and then who every teams opponents opponents were and where those games were played as well.

Here is Sagarins current rankings
http://www.usatoday.com/sports/sagarin/fbt11.htm
Looks pretty accurate
Auburns SOS is #11
USC's SOS is #19
Felix
2012 JAFFL Champ

Post by Felix »

referencing Craig James
Mikey wrote: The moron shouldn't be let out in public much less allowed a vote on this.
yeah, he'd be better off as a Senator.....

"yes Senator James, the pencils are free"