University of Arizona

Fuck Jim Delany

Moderators: 88BuckeyeGrad, Left Seater, buckeye_in_sc

campinfool
2009 PET Champion

University of Arizona

Post by campinfool »

Any of you peeps have any experience of this school or living in the Tuscon area? My daughter just got an offer of 30K per academic year, a free iPad, and some other money to study abroad if she applies there. She has her heart set on Vanderbilt, but that kind of financial help is hard to ignore.
Screw_Michigan
Angry Snowflake

Re: University of Arizona

Post by Screw_Michigan »

Papa Willie wrote:
campinfool wrote:Any of you peeps have any experience of this school or living in the Tuscon area? My daughter just got an offer of 30K per academic year, a free iPad, and some other money to study abroad if she applies there. She has her heart set on Vanderbilt, but that kind of financial help is hard to ignore.
They ALWAYS beat Arizona State. That has to count for SOMETHING.
What?
kcdave wrote: Sat Sep 09, 2023 8:05 am
I was actually going to to join in the best bets activity here at good ole T1B...The guy that runs that contest is a fucking prick
Derron wrote: Sat Oct 03, 2020 3:07 pm
You are truly one of the worst pieces of shit to ever post on this board. Start giving up your paycheck for reparations now and then you can shut the fuck up about your racist blasts.
Go Coogs'
Eternal Scobode

Post by Go Coogs' »

Ask AP. I'm sure he was a student there some time or another.
88 wrote:Go Coogs' (Regular Season Total Points Champ)
MiketheangrydrunkenCUfan
Baby Bitch

Post by MiketheangrydrunkenCUfan »

campinfool wrote:Any of you peeps have any experience of this school or living in the Tuscon area? My daughter just got an offer of 30K per academic year, a free iPad, and some other money to study abroad if she applies there. She has her heart set on Vanderbilt, but that kind of financial help is hard to ignore.
I've lived in AZ for 11+ years. I haven't spent a ton of time in Tucson, but I've been to a couple games there, seen a couple shows there and played a couple shows there, and my overall impression is that it's a pretty cool city. Definitely more of a "progressive" vibe in an otherwise extremely red state. It's a classic college town. Not small, but not huge. Strong -- if a bit insular -- music scene. Lots of cool, quirky bars. Historic hotels and theaters. It's a lot more "old school" AZ than Phoenix/Tempe/Scottsdale.

KC could probably make a good case for Vanderbilt, but I don't think you'd regret sending her to Tucson.
"Keys, woman!"
Screw_Michigan
Angry Snowflake

Post by Screw_Michigan »

Papa Willie wrote:
Nice edit, tubby.
I was actually going to to join in the best bets activity here at good ole T1B...The guy that runs that contest is a fucking prick
You are truly one of the worst pieces of shit to ever post on this board. Start giving up your paycheck for reparations now and then you can shut the fuck up about your racist blasts.
Goober McTuber
World Renowned Last Word Whore

Post by Goober McTuber »

Screw_Michigan wrote:
Papa Willie wrote:
Nice edit, tubby.
What?
Joe in PB wrote: Yeah I'm the dumbass
schmick, speaking about Larry Nassar's pubescent and prepubescent victims wrote: They couldn't even kick that doctors ass

Seems they rather just lay there, get fucked and play victim
Atomic Punk
antagonist

Post by Atomic Punk »

Go Coogs' wrote:Ask AP. I'm sure he was a student there some time or another.
While I have transcripts from 7 colleges, a degree from USC, etc. nice whiff.

I've been to Univ. of Arizona and it's a nice area. I have spent a week at Vanderbilt and that's a great school and campus. I'm told the campus is modeled after the Univ. of Virginia. It's considered a "Yankee" school by the locals in Tennessee. They have great sports facilities as I've been in them. The football equipment manager even gave me a shirt they use under the shoulder pads. Great academic school, but when you go out in town you get a sense by the locals you aren't one of "them."

Hey Rumps, I'm guessing you're going to be using more sacks of flour this week than usual.
BSmack wrote:Best. AP take. Ever.

Seriously. I don't disagree with a word of it.
Screw_Michigan
Angry Snowflake

Post by Screw_Michigan »

Goober McTuber wrote:What?
Prior to the edit, he said "they ALWAYS beat Arizona." The University of Arizona is located in Tuscon. That is why I said "what?"
Goober McTuber
World Renowned Last Word Whore

Post by Goober McTuber »

Screw_Michigan wrote:
Goober McTuber wrote:What?
Prior to the edit, he said "they ALWAYS beat Arizona." The University of Arizona is located in Tuscon. That is why I said "what?"
So he corrected it before you quoted it?
Joe in PB wrote: Yeah I'm the dumbass
schmick, speaking about Larry Nassar's pubescent and prepubescent victims wrote: They couldn't even kick that doctors ass

Seems they rather just lay there, get fucked and play victim
Van
2012 CFB Bowl Pick Champ

Post by Van »

Jsc810 wrote:
RACK your daughter, that is outstanding.
What did she do to get such an offer?

Sorry, camp. Couldn't help myself.

:oops:
Joe Satriani is a mime, right? - 88

Show me your dicks. - trev
campinfool
2009 PET Champion

Post by campinfool »

Jsc810 wrote:
RACK your daughter, that is outstanding.

What did she do to get such an offer?
National Hispanic Merit Scholar. Texas A&M offered 14K per year, but she snubbed it pretty quick. Wasn't sure if I should be mad or proud. Vanderbilt is offering money too, but they will not confirm the amount until we go out there for a visit. They are willing to pay for us to fly to Nashville. So far she has applied to Texas, North Texas, Vanderbilt, Yale, and Univ of Dallas.
The Seer
Just the Facts

Post by The Seer »

That's a rhetorical post, yes? Take the damn money and run.
E UNUM PLURIBUS
SoCalTrjn
2007 CFB Board Bitch

Post by SoCalTrjn »

Tucson is filled with beaners, the only places worth a shit are the ones right next to the campus, everywhere else is down town brown town. The odd part is a city with that many gardeners, there aren't very many lawns.
Last edited by SoCalTrjn on Mon Nov 21, 2011 9:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
SoCalTrjn
2007 CFB Board Bitch

Post by SoCalTrjn »

There is a difference between hispanics and beaners, try living in an area that has both and you will quickly realize that
SoCalTrjn
2007 CFB Board Bitch

Post by SoCalTrjn »

Hispanics that are in the country legally, speak english, go to school... hate beaners, who still walk around claiming to be Mexican and not American, drop out of school, need everything to be translated to spanish, destroy everything and anything they come in contact with..., more than anyone else does.
My older sons girl friend is Hispanic, family has been here several generations, they don't speak Spanish, whole family is college educated... they absolutely hate illegals and scumbag beaners.
Soon though this infestation will have spread to Alabama and when you start seeing all the billboards in spanish, everything that sits still more than a few days covered in spray paint and anytime you go to the DMV or a court house everything is catered to non English speakers, even have to push 1 for English when you call them, you'll feel the same way.
There are towns here that are like third world countries, all you need is a donkey show and 10 kids running up to you trying to sell you Chiklets every time you walk on a sidewalk. Why do you think the rest of us have moved behind gates?
MgoBlue-LightSpecial
Eternal Scobode

Post by MgoBlue-LightSpecial »

It looks like DickRod will be their next head coach. So they've got that going for them.
Shoalzie
WingNut

Post by Shoalzie »

MgoBlue-LightSpecial wrote:It looks like DickRod will be their next head coach. So they've got that going for them.

Speaking of hispanics...
MiketheangrydrunkenCUfan
Baby Bitch

Post by MiketheangrydrunkenCUfan »

Haven't you guys heard of the old "s" before "c" except after "u" rule? It's Tucson, damnit.
"Keys, woman!"
Q, West Coast Style
Eternal Scobode

Post by Q, West Coast Style »

I have a couple of friends who went there and they enjoyed it. I visited once, did the usuall campus bar scene thing. Had a good time. It was September and yes it was very hot. Blast-furnace hot. You hear people say "Yeah but it's a dry heat." OK, maybe, but above all else it's a hot heat. I think they are on semesters so school starts in August. August into October is pretty intense. I think it's more tolerable the rest of the school year.