Hey Wags

It's the 19th Anniversary for T1B - Fuckin' A

Moderator: Jesus H Christ

Go Coogs'
Eternal Scobode

Hey Wags

Post by Go Coogs' »

I bowled a 647 series last night with my shitty form and throwing with only two fingers.

This new work league has created a bevy of business for the pro shop. Most of my coworkers have purchased two balls, a bag, shoes, gloves, and other stupid shit. They also have been watching hours of bowling videos at work whilst thinking they are the next Walter Ray Williams Jr.

Me? Yeah, I show up with my dad's twenty year old Ebonite ball in a ripped and faded black bag and destroy them all with a 235/211/201 last night. My average through five weeks is 181. Second highest average in the league is 166.
88 wrote:Go Coogs' (Regular Season Total Points Champ)
Sirfindafold
Shit Thread Alert

Re: Hey Wags

Post by Sirfindafold »

Who gives a fuck?
MgoBlue-LightSpecial
Eternal Scobode

Post by MgoBlue-LightSpecial »

Most of my coworkers have purchased two balls, a bag
Uhh, how much?

-Screw
Screw_Michigan
Angry Snowflake

Post by Screw_Michigan »

Sounds like Rumps should be bowling in a scratch league. Those are some impressive numbers.

Mgo can kindly fuck off.
kcdave wrote: Sat Sep 09, 2023 8:05 am
I was actually going to to join in the best bets activity here at good ole T1B...The guy that runs that contest is a fucking prick
Derron wrote: Sat Oct 03, 2020 3:07 pm
You are truly one of the worst pieces of shit to ever post on this board. Start giving up your paycheck for reparations now and then you can shut the fuck up about your racist blasts.
Kansas City Kid
BANNED FAT RETARD

Post by Kansas City Kid »

War Wagon
2010 CFB Pickem Champ

Post by War Wagon »

Nice shootin' Rumps.

Bowling is fun because the more beer you drink, the better you get. To a point, that is.

I'd hold off on the scratch league just yet, though. Scratch bowling is some cutthroat shit.
Truman
Eternal Scobode

Post by Truman »

War Wagon wrote:Nice shootin' Rumps.

Bowling is fun because the more beer you drink, the better you get. To a point, that is.
We always referred to it as "aiming fluid". Works pretty good in golf, too. Er, to a point, that is...
mvscal
Blank

Post by mvscal »

Truman wrote:We always referred to it as "aiming fluid".
Beer?!? Huh...that's worth a shot.

--Tarddowen
Screw_Michigan wrote: Fri Apr 05, 2019 4:39 pmUnlike you tards, I actually have functioning tastebuds and a refined pallet.
Adelpiero
Eternal Scobode

Post by Adelpiero »

Bowling is/was ok, for me, it was something to do 1 time a week, with peeps who i used to go to HS with. Drink some beer, talk shit about the old days, get drunk, end up at the 24/7 Bar/holes.

Never practiced, just showed up and shot.

i have:
3-300's
1-299
1-279
1-700 series, 729 was high

But when i watched people come in with 4-5 bowling balls, and gloves, and rosin bags, i lol'd and said fuck this stupid shit. Plus a DWI ain't no joke, never had one, but one of the guys we bowled with, did, right there in the parking lot of bowling alley. Cop was turning around in bowling alley parking lot and watched his drunk ass stumble to his car, and bam!
MgoBlue-LightSpecial
Eternal Scobode

i have:
3-300's
1-299
1-279
:meds:

Sure you do, Walter Ray.
Rooster
Eternal Scobode

Post by Rooster »

Didn't some chick win the men's pro series of bowling with the highest score ever a couple of years back? I recall ESPN commenting on how it remarkable it was and that it went virtually unnoticed in the sports world. No point to be made here, this thread just brought that to mind.
Cock o' the walk, baby!
Carson
2012 CFB Pickem Champ

Post by Carson »

Adelpiero wrote:Bowling is/was ok, for me, it was something to do 1 time a week, with peeps who i used to go to HS with. Drink some beer, talk shit about the old days, get drunk, end up at the 24/7 Bar/holes.

Never practiced, just showed up and shot.

i have:
3-300's
1-299
1-279
Sin,

Zyclone
BSmack
2005 and 2010 JFFL Champion

Post by BSmack »

46 Super Bowls
779-0
200 Hall of Famers
1 wet Chargers lid

sin

Raider fans
"Once upon a time, dinosaurs didn't have families. They lived in the woods and ate their children. It was a golden age."

—Earl Sinclair

"I do have respect for authority even though I throw jelly dicks at them.

- Antonio Brown
Screw_Michigan
Angry Snowflake

Post by Screw_Michigan »

What, errr, bowling balls do you guys have/use? The last ball I bought was this bad boy:

Always liked the Columbia 300s. I also had:

and

I was actually going to to join in the best bets activity here at good ole T1B...The guy that runs that contest is a fucking prick
You are truly one of the worst pieces of shit to ever post on this board. Start giving up your paycheck for reparations now and then you can shut the fuck up about your racist blasts.
War Wagon
2010 CFB Pickem Champ

Post by War Wagon »

Screw_Michigan wrote:What, errr, bowling balls do you guys have/use?
My trusty old school weapon of choice, which is also the last ball I bought... 20 years ago.

They don't make 'em like this anymore, though I've read where Faball has recently released a new version of the classic Blue Hammer.
Screw_Michigan
Angry Snowflake

Post by Screw_Michigan »

Hammers were classic balls, Whitey. Very nice.
Goober McTuber
World Renowned Last Word Whore

Post by Goober McTuber »

MgoBlue-LightSpecial wrote:
i have:
3-300's
1-299
1-279
:meds:

Sure you do, Walter Ray.
Not that hard to believe. Some local yokel here in the "industrial league" just bowled his 8th 300 game. You see some guy in the paper here every other week who bowled his 3rd, 4th or 5th 300 game. Adel may not be the sharpest knife in the drawer, but he's not a bullshitter.
Joe in PB wrote: Yeah I'm the dumbass
schmick, speaking about Larry Nassar's pubescent and prepubescent victims wrote: They couldn't even kick that doctors ass

Seems they rather just lay there, get fucked and play victim
MgoBlue-LightSpecial
Eternal Scobode

Goober McTuber wrote:but he's not a bullshitter.
I call bullshit.
Carson
2012 CFB Pickem Champ

Post by Carson »

Goober McTuber wrote:Some local yokel here in the "industrial league" just bowled his 8th 300 game.
League bowlers are not casual bowlers. "Industrial" tells me they're even more serious.

I bowled in a league two years ago that a third of the members had 300 games by the end of the season.

All of those local yokels also bowled in at least one other league.

BTW my first ball was a Rhino. Switched to reactive composite about six years ago.
War Wagon
2010 CFB Pickem Champ

Post by War Wagon »

Carson wrote:League bowlers are not casual bowlers.
Depends on your definition of "casual" but I would disagree. I've bowled in many leagues, mostly mixed, and for the most part it is quite casual. Sure, nobody likes losing, but I think most league bowlers are just out for a bit of recreation.

Serious bowlers are those in scratch leagues or bowl in tournaments.
I bowled in a league two years ago that a third of the members had 300 games by the end of the season.
'fraid I'm going to have to call bullshit on that.

In 30 years of bowling, I have exactly one 300 and have seen only a handful of others thrown by folks in my leagues. They're not easy to come by. You can throw every shot dead in the pocket and still get tapped a time or two.

To get a 300, you need a bit of luck. Mine came in the 11th frame when I got nervous. Turned around after the 1st strike in the 10th and everybody had stopped up and down the whole house and was standing behind lanes 13 & 14 watching to see if I'd choke. Most do. I pulled that next ball in the 11th... but just the right amount as it crossed over and carried, an imperfectly perfect Brooklyn strike. After that, I knew it was meant to be, relaxed, and buried that 12th shot, an absolute no doubter.

I may never shoot another 300, hell I never thought I'd even get close to having that first one. But somehow I did and have the inscribed ring to prove it. March 25th, 2007.
Van
2012 CFB Bowl Pick Champ

Post by Van »

Wags got a ring? I never got a fuggen ring.

-Dan Marino
Joe Satriani is a mime, right? - 88

Show me your dicks. - trev
Screw_Michigan
Angry Snowflake

Post by Screw_Michigan »

Whitey, I'd consider mixed leagues casual. Same sex leagues are a bit more serious, but not over the top.
Carson
2012 CFB Pickem Champ

Post by Carson »

War Wagon wrote:
You can call Adelpiero, but it's not.

Ft. Walton Beach Bowl has wooden lanes and the owner will tell you it's an easy house.

Technically, it was a handicap mixed league but half of the 30 members carried a 200 or better average. Not me. :oops:
smackaholic
Walrus Team 6

Post by smackaholic »

Carson wrote:
War Wagon wrote:
You can call Adelpiero, but it's not.

Ft. Walton Beach Bowl has wooden lanes and the owner will tell you it's an easy house.

Technically, it was a handicap mixed league but half of the 30 members carried a 200 or better average. Not me. :oops:
sounds like good ole T bowl in wallingford, ct.

i bowled a lot as a teenager in junior leagues, but, rarely threw games over 200. one day while open bowling there with my brother i drop a 289. probably 60 pins better than any i've done before or since. problem is, these lanes were a joke. they were blocked so badly that the ABC would laugh you out of the building if you tried to get a 300 game sanctioned there.

for those that don't know, a blocked lane is one that is oiled such that you pretty much can't miss the pocket if you are a semi decent bowler and throw a curve. throw it outside where it's dry and it hooks. pull it and it goes straight thanks to the exxon valdez like oil slick down the middle.

i was never in a league in that house, but, if i were, i suspect i could have pulled an average over 200.

i have a question for you bowler types, is it just me or are AMF houses generally friendlier to one's average. maybe it is just the fact that the one brunswick house i regularly bowled in was teh suck, absolutely no outside line.

and who's your favorite bowler?

as a kid, i liked mark roth. dude cranked the shit out of that ball before it became common in bowling. looking back now, i most admire earl anthony. lefty was a machine. he was the anti-roth. so fukking controlled and the smooooovest mofo to ever pick up a ball. haven't really followed bowling much the last 30 years or so.
mvscal wrote:The only precious metals in a SHTF scenario are lead and brass.
War Wagon
2010 CFB Pickem Champ

Post by War Wagon »

smackaholic wrote: who's your favorite bowler?
a whole bunch of guys I like. Pete Weber, Brian Voss, of course Walter Ray "dead eye" Williams and a host of others.

But my all time favorite Pro-Bowler I liked to watch, the cranker from Venezuela, Amletto Monacelli. He never won much of anything, but he made the TV finals a bunch. Loved that guy.

Most people don't know how tough the lane conditions are on a PBA tour event. The oil patterns are such that you can't miss your mark by a board either way and hope to hit the pocket. These fuckers bowl like 42 games just to make it to the stepladder finals. Tough way to earn a living week in and week out but for those that can and do, they have my respect.
smackaholic
Walrus Team 6

Post by smackaholic »

what little pba bowling i've seen over the last decade, i have noticed the conditions are brutal. seems like everyone works the inside line which i suppose means that the outside line is non-existent. i guess bowling is kinda like golf in that they have had to change the conditions to make up for equipment improvements.
MgoBlue-LightSpecial
Eternal Scobode

War Wagon wrote:Pete Weber
LOL

Seriously?

That clown is a fucking toolbag.
smackaholic
Walrus Team 6

Post by smackaholic »

War Wagon wrote:Pete Weber
LOL

Seriously?

That clown is a fucking toolbag.
clown?

perhaps.

but still a pretty fukking good bowler. his old man,dick wasn't bad either.
Van
2012 CFB Bowl Pick Champ

Post by Van »

You guys are actually attempting to have a serious discussion about bowling.

Just sayin'.

MgoBlue-LightSpecial
Eternal Scobode

smackaholic wrote:clown?

perhaps.

but still a pretty fukking good bowler.
How could one admire this guy?

The slicked back helmet hair. The stache. The garish Jersey gold chains. The shades indoors. Celebrating a strike like he just came off the edge and sacked Tebow. The guy is a fucking dipshit who needs to die in a fire, come back to life, and die in another fire.
smackaholic
Walrus Team 6

Post by smackaholic »

why yes, we are, van.

you got a problem with that?

i don't give a fukk if jim rome likes to make fun of it. it really is a sport.
Dr_Phibes
P.H.D - M.B.E. - O.B.E.

Post by Dr_Phibes »

It's serious business. I went to a company christmas party at a bowling alley and thought it would be like the Flintstones - it's not. More like journey through the monolith in '2001'. Blinking lights, laser lights, computer screens, giant TVs showing sports, blinking orbs and thumping loud dance music. It's a total assault on your senses, you'd be lucky not to have a seizure.
smackaholic
Walrus Team 6

Post by smackaholic »

smackaholic wrote:clown?

perhaps.

but still a pretty fukking good bowler.
How could one admire this guy?

The slicked back helmet hair. The stache. The garish Jersey gold chains. The shades indoors. Celebrating a strike like he just came off the edge and sacked Tebow. The guy is a fucking dipshit who needs to die in a fire, come back to life, and die in another fire.
yeah, he is a tool. and he over hypes the game as do many other pro athletes.

not saying he should be nominated for pope. just that he is one of the best bowlers ever
smackaholic
Walrus Team 6

Post by smackaholic »

Dr_Phibes wrote:
It's serious business. I went to a company christmas party at a bowling alley and thought it would be like the Flintstones - it's not. More like journey through the monolith in '2001'. Blinking lights, laser lights, computer screens, giant TVs showing sports, blinking orbs and thumping loud dance music. It's a total assault on your senses, you'd be lucky not to have a seizure.
this is the part i don't like.

give me old school bowling alleys with hand written grease pencil scoring. bowling used to be an awesome way to practice quick in your head 3 place addition. now you have to deal with infernal auto scoring machines.

another thing i liked about old school bowling alleys was old mechanical cigarette machines. so unPC. a pack of smokes, for the taking, for any 12 year old with change in his pocket!
BSmack
2005 and 2010 JFFL Champion

Post by BSmack »

Favorite bowlers? Why yes I had one.

And of course I had to respect Earl Anthony's arch nemesis Mark Roth.

"Once upon a time, dinosaurs didn't have families. They lived in the woods and ate their children. It was a golden age."

—Earl Sinclair

"I do have respect for authority even though I throw jelly dicks at them.

- Antonio Brown
Van
2012 CFB Bowl Pick Champ

Post by Van »

I love to take the family out for a nice night of bowling. The spiffy shoes, the fat guys showing their 'plumber butts,' the fossilized pizza, the pungent aroma of sweat-soaked polyester...we just love it.

-Dan Vogel

Dr_Phibes
P.H.D - M.B.E. - O.B.E.

Post by Dr_Phibes »

^^^

It's not like that, you'd be surprised at the people you see. Very suburban chic and they're not trying to be ironic. I didn't actually bowl as I wouldn't wear someone else's underpants when I go out, I'm not wearing their shoes either but still it's an interesting night out.
Van
2012 CFB Bowl Pick Champ

Post by Van »

Phibes, I'm just having fun ragging on Wags. It's an extension of this whole low-brow NASCAR/Walmart thing of his. Of course I've bowled a little, though it's probably been something like twenty years. My best friend was always an avid bowler and remains so to this day.

After the midnight showing of The Song Remains The Same we'd sometimes go bowling. It depended on whether we had our girlfriends with us. If we did, we might go bowling. If we didn't, we usually went to this one pool hall on Ventura Bl in the San Fernando Valley where I pissed off Judd Hirsh of Taxi fame. Dude apparently did not appreciate having some punk kid growl "Riegah!" in a Louie De Palma accent every time he walked by our table.

I don't believe my buddy has ever bowled a 300 game. He's a stupidly good bowler, though, having successfully competed in leagues his whole life. He has about a million bowling trophies, and I know he's beaten some pros in individual series. I think I beat him precisely once, when I bowled my only 200 game. Out of nowhere one night I bowled either a 212 or a 221 (can't remember which...I just know it was my only 200 game, and it ended in a '2' and '1' in whichever order...otherwise I was usually good for about a one-fiddy), and he was laughing so hard at my retarded way of getting strikes—just plowing straight ahead, no hook, no giving a fuck where on the first pin it hit as long as it hit it somewhere—that he actually missed a 200 score for probably the last time in his life.

Go Coogs'
Eternal Scobode

Post by Go Coogs' »

This is the inaugural season of this work league and it was all just family and fun at first, but these people have taken it to another level. They've spent hundreds of dollars in the pro shop and have watched countless instructional videos on the world wide web. I understand wanting to get better at something, but they got hooked (get it? hooked? you know...'cus of the whole bowling thing...fail) rather quick and their expectations are through the roof.

Actually, they all look at me and kinda get pissed that I haven't invested a dime into new gear and I refuse to use my thumb, but lead the league in scoring. Fuck'em.
88 wrote:Go Coogs' (Regular Season Total Points Champ)
Screw_Michigan
Angry Snowflake

Post by Screw_Michigan »

Whitey, good call on Monacelli. Always liked him. Met Mike Aulby when I was younger at the PBA tour stop in Grand Rapids.