ALDS: Yankees vs. Tigers

Knock the cover off

Moderator: Cueball

Dinsdale
Lord Google

Re: ALDS: Yankees vs. Tigers

Post by Dinsdale »

I would think that if they put a cam directly over the plate, and one directly to the side, that would cover the 2 axes (axises?) required to pinpoint it, but I don't know.
I got 99 problems but the 'vid ain't one
Killian
Good crossing pattern target

Post by Killian »

Looked like the strike zone tracker was off low and inside. Everything on the outer edge and slightly up was coming up as balls.

And Shoalzie, don't try to argue with Screw about who you rooted for as a child, he doesn't get it.
"Well, my wife assassinated my sexual identity, and my children are eating my dreams." -Louis CK
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

Killian wrote:And Shoalzie, don't try to argue with Screw about who you rooted for as a child, he doesn't get it.
I'd listen to him, Shoalz... he's pre-med.

After Screw's latest performance, it makes his bashing of Killian's allegiance to ND all the more funny.

Screw is such a fuckup in this regard, it has me feeling a little sympathy for a freaking Domer-fan... a feat previously thought impossible.

And maybe it was just my eyeballs, but I swear the pitch tracker was showing two radically different pitches hitting the exact same spot. But there appears to be agreement here (think about what a rarity that is, about anything) that the tracker wasn't worth a shit.

Then again, the ump must have had some eye problems too, since he was all over the place particularly on the low pitches -- one just above the knees was a strike, the next pitch was a hair higher, but it was a ball... again, it didn't seem to favor either team, it was inconsistant across the board, regardless how big-name the particular pitcher was.

Speaking of... anyone miss the ump-love Maddux used to get? If that fucker came within 5 feet of the zone, it was close enough. Dude used to really paint the corners... of the backstop. His "personal zone" was between the dugouts, above the dirt, and below the roof. Although he'd usually ring up one BB per game... right after the opposing manager got ejected. Ahhh, good old Mad Dog.
I got 99 problems but the 'vid ain't one
Killian
Good crossing pattern target

Post by Killian »

I'm surprised Maddox didn't throw a no hitter everytime Eric Gregg was the homeplate umpire.
"Well, my wife assassinated my sexual identity, and my children are eating my dreams." -Louis CK