Hey jiminphilly

Knock the cover off

Moderator: Cueball

Goober McTuber
World Renowned Last Word Whore

Hey jiminphilly

Post by Goober McTuber »

So I’m not a huge baseball fan these days, but a lot of folks around here are pretty amped about the Brewers. They seem really concerned about beating out Arizona for the right to play Atlanta rather than Philly in the first round. Seems to me that drawing Philly in the first round rather than the NLCS might be to their advantage.

If Philly is obviously the best team, I’d say you have a better shot at knocking them off in a 5-game series than in a 7-game series. Steal one of the first two, then win your games at home. Seems simple to me.
Joe in PB wrote: Yeah I'm the dumbass
schmick, speaking about Larry Nassar's pubescent and prepubescent victims wrote: They couldn't even kick that doctors ass

Seems they rather just lay there, get fucked and play victim
jiminphilly
2014 JFFL Champion

Re: Hey jiminphilly

Post by jiminphilly »

Goober McTuber wrote:So I’m not a huge baseball fan these days, but a lot of folks around here are pretty amped about the Brewers. They seem really concerned about beating out Arizona for the right to play Atlanta rather than Philly in the first round. Seems to me that drawing Philly in the first round rather than the NLCS might be to their advantage.

If Philly is obviously the best team, I’d say you have a better shot at knocking them off in a 5-game series than in a 7-game series. Steal one of the first two, then win your games at home. Seems simple to me.
The Brewers are very good offensive team and can hold their own with some decent depth at start pitching too. And while the Brewers might steal a game in Philly, I don't see them winning both games in Milwaukee given the depth the Phillies have @ the 3 and 4 spots with Hamels and whoever is chosen between Oswalt or Worley. There would also be the possibility of Halladay pitching on 3 days rest if the situation were that dire. Add to that the ability to go with Lee on 4 days rest if he needs to pitch game 5, I just don't see how the Phillies can be beat in a short series.

Here is the NLDS schedule:
NLDS Game One Saturday, October 1 - Halladay
NLDS Game Two Sunday, October 2 -Lee
Monday -off
NLDS Game Three Tuesday, October 4 - Hamels
NLDS Game Four* Wednesday, October 5 - Oswalt/Worley/Halladay
Thursday - off
NLDS Game Five* Friday, October 7 - Halladay/Lee

Also something to consider:

The Braves lead the Cardinals by 2.5 games and the Giants by 3.5 games.

Remaining schedules:

Braves:

9/20/11 - @Marlins - w
9/21/11 - @Marlins
9/23/11 - @Nationals
9/24/11 - @Nationals
9/25/11 - @Nationals
9/26/11 - Phillies
9/27/11 - Phillies
9/28/11 - Phillies

Cardinals:

9/20/11 - Mets - w
9/21/11 - Mets
9/22/11 - Mets
9/23/11 - Cubs
9/24/11 - Cubs
9/25/11 - Cubs
9/26/11 - @Astros
9/27/11 - @Astros
9/28/11 - @Astros

Giants:

9/20/11 - @Dodgers - L
9/21/11 - @Dodgers
9/22/11 - @Dodgers
9/23/11 - @D'Backs
9/24/11 - @D'Backs
9/25/11 - @D'Backs
9/26/11 - Rockies
9/27/11 - Rockies
9/28/11 - Rockies

Don't be the least bit surprised if the Cardinals sneak in as a wild card. If that's the case, The Brewers and Diamondbacks could be facing each other.
Kansas City Kid
BANNED FAT RETARD

Post by Kansas City Kid »

Brewers will be three and out.....worst team ever to win a division.
jiminphilly
2014 JFFL Champion

Post by jiminphilly »

Kansas City Kid wrote:Brewers will be three and out.....worst team ever to win a division.
Doubtful.