ESPN bas a "bias" for Big East football?

Fuck Jim Delany

Moderators: 88BuckeyeGrad, Left Seater, buckeye_in_sc

Screw_Michigan
Angry Snowflake

Re: ESPN bas a "bias" for Big East football?

Post by Screw_Michigan »

Well, stupid is supposed to hurt.
kcdave wrote: Sat Sep 09, 2023 8:05 am
I was actually going to to join in the best bets activity here at good ole T1B...The guy that runs that contest is a fucking prick
Derron wrote: Sat Oct 03, 2020 3:07 pm
You are truly one of the worst pieces of shit to ever post on this board. Start giving up your paycheck for reparations now and then you can shut the fuck up about your racist blasts.
Atomic Punk
antagonist

Post by Atomic Punk »

Papa Willie wrote:I said that if somebody like RUTGERS is having a good year, they will make it seem like the second coming.
'Spray I guess you didn't read my response on the 1st page. Nobody back there cares about Rutgers except for the Eric LeGrand story. The only person I've ever personally heard of that cares about Rutgers is the father who is an alum of this one girl I've dated.

Also, they got coverage because James Gandolfini is a grad and they got pub because he secretly shows up to games. Remember "The Sopranos" which was an HBO series?

An RN friend of mine's daughter went there and she never once talked about Rutgers other than graduating from there.
BSmack wrote:Best. AP take. Ever.

Seriously. I don't disagree with a word of it.
Terry in Crapchester
2012 March Madness Champ

Post by Terry in Crapchester »

Killian wrote:
Papa Willie wrote:
M Club wrote:actually, no. aside from lou holtz, tell us anyone falling all over themselves to gush over notre dame. pencil, paper, and stopwatch friend.

Oh - Okay. I guess at the beginning of the season when they're all saying ND will be unbeaten, etc., that there's no dick-soaking going on at all. :D
Actually, they were one of the ones who weren't bullish on ND. Athlon and Phil Steele both had ND in their top 10, while the only person on ESPN who predicted that was their former coach. Herbstreit went as far as to say he only saw 5 gimmie wins on the schedule.

But continue to fuck yourself in the ass everytime you hit "submit" in this thread.
Fwiw, at ND Nation, it is considered at least a potentially bannable offense to link ANYTHING from ESPN. That includes straight news stories and is not limited merely to commentary.

I'm not saying I agree with that position, just mentioning that it is what it is. I'm guessing that the Auburn homer boards have no similar rule. And more to the point, I'm guessing that the Board Ops at ND Nation would not have instituted that rule if they thought that ESPN was jocking ND, or even that they were willing to give ND a fair shake.
War Wagon wrote:The first time I click on one of your youtube links will be the first time.
MuchoBulls
Tremendous Slouch

Post by MuchoBulls »

Left Seater wrote:
MuchoBulls wrote:ESPN has exclusive negotiating right until November of 2012, so the initial deal that was turned down (by Pitt's chancellor no less) was not unexpected.
Ok, but the deal that was on the table and turned down isn't going to get better with Pitt and Syracuse leaving. And if UConn and Rutgers go as most think, then the next offer from ESPN will be pennies on the dollar of what the Big East passed on.
If the remaining members do plan to stay together (I don't believe they are trying to), then the league has to look at who would be viable to get a better tv deal. Looking at the possibilites of a combination of Navy/Air Force/Temple/ECU/Houston/UCF aren't a great pool to pick from. However, Navy would be a good choice and would help tv negotiations. I'm not sure anyone else on the list does.
Dreams......Temporary Madness
Goober McTuber
World Renowned Last Word Whore

Post by Goober McTuber »

Papa Willie wrote:
Goober McTuber wrote:
Screw_Michigan wrote:Spray's paying alimony? Ouch.
Think about it. 4 or 5 years ago he told us his wife squirted out a pair of twins. Within the past year or so he started posting at all hours, something he probably couldn’t manage with a couple of youngsters to look after. He also mentioned that last year was a bad year for him. It doesn’t take Dick Fucking Tracy to connect the dots.

Not just alimony, but child support as well.
Well - they're now 7, and if she's gone, why aren't you down here sitting on my dick, old man? :oops:
Maybe you’d feel better with a fresh load on your face.
Joe in PB wrote: Yeah I'm the dumbass
schmick, speaking about Larry Nassar's pubescent and prepubescent victims wrote: They couldn't even kick that doctors ass

Seems they rather just lay there, get fucked and play victim
Killian
Good crossing pattern target

Post by Killian »

It's the standard shutyomouth argument:

1. Make asinine statement
2. Argue until you are blue in the face, despite being proven wrong
3. Start throwing out the fecal references
4. Start moving the goal posts on the argument
5. Make references to the poster(s) plungering him as nipping/melting/holding a grudge from some previous phantom ass kicking he delivered
6. Completely abandon argument and start posting about non-topical issues.

Rinse, wash, repeat.
"Well, my wife assassinated my sexual identity, and my children are eating my dreams." -Louis CK
indyfrisco
Pro Bonfire

Post by indyfrisco »

Killian wrote:It's the standard shutyomouth argument:

1. Make asinine statement
2. Argue until you are blue in the face, despite being proven wrong
3. Start throwing out the fecal references
4. Start moving the goal posts on the argument
5. Make references to the poster(s) plungering him as nipping/melting/holding a grudge from some previous phantom ass kicking he delivered
6. Completely abandon argument and start posting about non-topical issues.

Rinse, wash, repeat.
I think he's ok with that assessment. The only question is are you and everyone else?
Goober McTuber wrote:One last post...
Killian

Post by Killian »

I'm fine with it. Everyone needs to take batting practice to become a better hitter. Same thing with posting.
"Well, my wife assassinated my sexual identity, and my children are eating my dreams." -Louis CK
Killian

Post by Killian »

Keep missing the point and changing your argument, Lenny.
Killian

Post by Killian »

Papa Willie wrote:
Killian wrote:Keep missing the point and changing your argument, Lenny.
Speak other than in short, uncontrolled puppy yelps, please. Answer the question, Claire.
I did, point by point. Dismissed everyone of them to the point where you've had to change your argument and go with the "what I really meant was..." line used for people who just like the feel of splintered wood in their ass.

Keep on, keepin on, Lenny.

War Wagon
2010 CFB Pickem Champ

Post by War Wagon »

sigh... consider this an intervention, though it pleases me not (since maybe you're really a nice guy) to witness this tiresome charade of 'spray pretending not to get his colon gaped.

dude, you should have STFU days ago because yeah, you really are an idiot.

You keep going for it on 4th down and forever and you keep getting stuffed.

Maybe there's a forum somewhere where people tolerate idiocy and where you're accustomed to getting the last word/getting over. Go there. This one ain't it.
Killian

Post by Killian »

Papa Willie wrote:Image
Killian

Post by Killian »

Papa Willie wrote:Here's the final statement I'll make about it: Since we KNOW ESPN glides their mouths up & down the cocks of all NorthEast pro sports teams, AS WELL AS the Big East BASKETBALL conference - why wouldn't they suck the cocks of ANY Big East football team that actually fucked up and played well?
Are you really this stupid, you fat tub of shit? This "question" has been answered all over this thread. ESPN glides their cock up and down any team that is the feel good story of the year. Boise State, TCU, Hawaii, Northwestern, all got the same treatment that Rutgers did, yet only one of those teams is in the Big East. They barely mentioned UConn last year because they were too busy pimping TCU.

There is no bias for Big East football. How hard is it to actually read these words and comprehend them as fact. The Big East bias is only evident to one person, you.

It's time for George to take you down by a river.

Save everyone the time and energy and just start typing "last word". After someone posts in this thread. It's the only thing you have left to do.
Killian

Post by Killian »

Papa Willie wrote:Here is where it started, dick-slurper: http://www.theoneboard.com/board/viewto ... =3&t=39268 Now you'll notice that Mgoo is the one that pretty much said "Big East". I pretty much said ANY team from up that way.
You're a lying sack of shit. From that thread:
MgoBlue-LightSpecial wrote:Spray thinks because ESPN's physical headquarters is located in Bristol, Connecticut, that they have a bias for Big East football. Yet whenever I turn on my tv on Saturdays I don't hear a thing about UCONN, Syracuse, BC, etc. The 7th best team in the SEC gets three times the coverage of the Big East's best.
To which you responded, in quotes:
Lennie wrote:If you've never noticed it, then your IQ is a good 50 points lower than I gave you credit. Quit being a fucking dumbass.
You never once said "NORTHEAST". Mgo brings up the Big East, you say nothing to refute it, and then specifically go on to mention Rutgers. A Big East Team.

So right now, you're hitting 2-5 on your checklist. Props for being the most predictable bitch on these boards.
M Club
el capitán

Post by M Club »

Papa Willie wrote: I mean - THAT'S WHERE MOST OF AMERICA'S FUCKING POPULATION IS, ISN'T IT, YOU DUMB FUCKING FLY CUNT? :lol:
I know they've yet to invent numbers in the South just yet, but the Northeast accounts for about 18% of the US population. Of course, words are often used subjectively, but even then they adhere to a general, collective understanding of proper use, something like:

none: 0%
some: 1-7%
quite a bit: 8-17%
most: 18-99%
all: 100%

37% of the the US lives in the South. I don't know what the US illiteracy rate is but it's probably close to that as well.
Goober McTuber

Post by Goober McTuber »

l to r: T1B, Papsmear Willie
schmick, speaking about Larry Nassar's pubescent and prepubescent victims wrote: They couldn't even kick that doctors ass

Terry in Crapchester
2012 March Madness Champ

Sorry to interrupt the shutyomouth plungering for a moment, but . . .
MuchoBulls wrote:
Left Seater wrote:
MuchoBulls wrote:ESPN has exclusive negotiating right until November of 2012, so the initial deal that was turned down (by Pitt's chancellor no less) was not unexpected.
Ok, but the deal that was on the table and turned down isn't going to get better with Pitt and Syracuse leaving. And if UConn and Rutgers go as most think, then the next offer from ESPN will be pennies on the dollar of what the Big East passed on.
If the remaining members do plan to stay together (I don't believe they are trying to), then the league has to look at who would be viable to get a better tv deal. Looking at the possibilites of a combination of Navy/Air Force/Temple/ECU/Houston/UCF aren't a great pool to pick from. However, Navy would be a good choice and would help tv negotiations. I'm not sure anyone else on the list does.
I'm not sure whether the remaining Big East members are trying to stay together, but at this point I don't think any further expansion by either the ACC or B1G is imminent. UConn appears to realize that with respect to the ACC. http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2011/f ... index.html The wedge in all of this is ND. I think the ACC really wants ND and UConn, as opposed to UConn and Rutgers, which has been speculated. The B1G also wants ND. ND, for its part, doesn't want to join any conference unless/until 4 x 16 appears imminent. So there's a classic stalemate, at least in the short term. If the remaining Big East schools don't remain together in the short term, I'm pretty sure this won't end well for at least a few of them.

As for the potential Big East adds, I think it's more a question of survival at this point than bringing in additional TV revenue. In that regard, Air Force is a defensive add. TCU apparently is reconsidering its decision to join the Big East. Assuming that neither the SEC nor the Big XII is interested in them, that leaves the MWC as the only potential wedge. Adding Air Force weakens the MWC, and makes that option less attractive. If the Big XII were to add Boise State on top of that (not a given, but certainly not out of the realm of possibilities either), then it becomes a no-brainer for TCU to stay in the Big East. Air Force also gives Navy a rival within the conference.

Temple brings the Philadelphia market, to some extent anyway (assuming Villanova doesn't upgrade).

I think UCF and Houston are good potential adds for the Big East, not for the additional TV revenue but for other reasons. Both schools have flirted with the Top 25 in recent seasons. And if I were John Marinotti, I'd be looking to expand to 12 football members, with 2-3 of those being football-only members (Navy, Air Force and possibly Temple), and double down in both Florida and Texas. That way, you split into east/west divisions, and every school is guaranteed a road trip to either Florida or Texas every year. The only other conference in the country that could offer anything similar to its other members, in terms of guaranteed travel to a recruiting hotbed, is the Pac-12 (every school guaranteed a road trip to California every year).
War Wagon wrote:The first time I click on one of your youtube links will be the first time.
Screw_Michigan
Angry Snowflake

Post by Screw_Michigan »

Papa Willie wrote:
Killian wrote:Image
There we go. Tard Willie has officially come full circle. BTW, you still are wrong and make no sense. Suck on that you stupid pile of shit.
kcdave wrote: Sat Sep 09, 2023 8:05 am
I was actually going to to join in the best bets activity here at good ole T1B...The guy that runs that contest is a fucking prick
Derron wrote: Sat Oct 03, 2020 3:07 pm
You are truly one of the worst pieces of shit to ever post on this board. Start giving up your paycheck for reparations now and then you can shut the fuck up about your racist blasts.
buckeye_in_sc
Eternal Scobode

Post by buckeye_in_sc »

truth be told there is a Big East game on Thursday night...

just sayin (I know why they are playing Thursday night but just thought I would add the Marcus Allen moment)
MuchoBulls
Tremendous Slouch

Post by MuchoBulls »

Terry in Crapchester wrote:I'm not sure whether the remaining Big East members are trying to stay together, but at this point I don't think any further expansion by either the ACC or B1G is imminent. UConn appears to realize that with respect to the ACC. http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2011/f ... index.html The wedge in all of this is ND. I think the ACC really wants ND and UConn, as opposed to UConn and Rutgers, which has been speculated. The B1G also wants ND. ND, for its part, doesn't want to join any conference unless/until 4 x 16 appears imminent. So there's a classic stalemate, at least in the short term. If the remaining Big East schools don't remain together in the short term, I'm pretty sure this won't end well for at least a few of them.
I don't think any of the remaining members are committed to staying together.

Depending on what happens with the Big 12, Louisville and Cincinnati are both rumored to be heading that way. If Missouri leaves and BYU doesn't join, then USF and WVU are rumored to be the leading candidates.
Terry in Crapchester
2012 March Madness Champ

MuchoBulls wrote:
Terry in Crapchester wrote:I'm not sure whether the remaining Big East members are trying to stay together, but at this point I don't think any further expansion by either the ACC or B1G is imminent. UConn appears to realize that with respect to the ACC. http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2011/f ... index.html The wedge in all of this is ND. I think the ACC really wants ND and UConn, as opposed to UConn and Rutgers, which has been speculated. The B1G also wants ND. ND, for its part, doesn't want to join any conference unless/until 4 x 16 appears imminent. So there's a classic stalemate, at least in the short term. If the remaining Big East schools don't remain together in the short term, I'm pretty sure this won't end well for at least a few of them.
I don't think any of the remaining members are committed to staying together.

Depending on what happens with the Big 12, Louisville and Cincinnati are both rumored to be heading that way. If Missouri leaves and BYU doesn't join, then USF and WVU are rumored to be the leading candidates.
I don't think the Big XII is looking to expand right away. http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/football/n ... adsmeeting

Nor does it appear that Missouri is headed to the SEC. http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/football/n ... ec-texasam
Van
2012 CFB Bowl Pick Champ

Post by Van »

'Spray, for what it's worth, no, ESPN doesn't suck all the NE pro teams. Unless Isiah Thomas is molesting an office worker or the Russian mafiya is buying a team, we rarely hear about those particular Northeast NBA teams. We never heard about the Hartford Whalers, and they were located in ESPN's home state. Until Rex Ryan arrived, the Jets received about as much publicity as Son of Sam's second victim. The Mets? Quick, name me three players on their roster without Googling it.

ESPN jocks popular teams (Dallas Cowboys, Notre Dame, Michigan, any team with Brett Favre, any team with LeBron, etc) and/or successful teams (Yankees, Red Sox, Phillies, Patriots, Giants, Lakers, Duke, North Carolina, Kansas, UConn, the Sooners, the Longhorns, 'Bama, USC, etc) along with "Flavor of the Year" surprise-story teams (Rutgers, Butler, TCU, BSU, Hawaii, Auburn, the Boston Bruins, last year's SF Giants, the New Orleans Saints from the year before, etc.)

The common element in all these examples? Success and/or widespread, traditional popularity that will drive ratings. If the Yankees and Red Sox were located in Chicago and St. Louis, ESPN would still jock them just as hard. If the Cowboys and Wolverines were located in Boston and New Jersey, ESPN wouldn't jock them any harder than they already do. If ND was located in Iowa...wait...it is.

Never mind.
Joe Satriani is a mime, right? - 88

Show me your dicks. - trev
MuchoBulls
Tremendous Slouch

Post by MuchoBulls »

buckeye_in_sc wrote:truth be told there is a Big East game on Thursday night...

just sayin (I know why they are playing Thursday night but just thought I would add the Marcus Allen moment)
Judging by our record on Thursday night I am not looking forward to it.
MuchoBulls
Tremendous Slouch

Post by MuchoBulls »

Terry in Crapchester wrote:Nor does it appear that Missouri is headed to the SEC. http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/football/n ... ec-texasam
Slive probably has to say that since Missouri hasn't yet done anything to leave the Big 12.
Ken
Most epic roll-call thread starter EVER

Post by Ken »

Van wrote:If ND was located in Iowa...wait...it is.
:facepalm:
War Wagon
2010 CFB Pickem Champ

Post by War Wagon »

MuchoBulls wrote:
Terry in Crapchester wrote:Nor does it appear that Missouri is headed to the SEC. http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/football/n ... ec-texasam
Slive probably has to say that since Missouri hasn't yet done anything to leave the Big 12.
Once bitten, twice shy.

And just for the record, that is not a Great White song. They ripped it from Ian Hunter and it pisses me off whenever I hear the much feebler GW version, which is the only version that gets airplay the past 20 years.
Van
2012 CFB Bowl Pick Champ

Post by Van »

Ken wrote:
Van wrote:If ND was located in Iowa...wait...it is.
:facepalm:
Ken, that was a take-off on the joke m2 always used to make about how everywhere in the Midwest is Iowa.

C'mon, give me a little credit here. :lol:
Joe Satriani is a mime, right? - 88

Show me your dicks. - trev
Goober McTuber

Post by Goober McTuber »

There's only one college football game on tonight. It's on ESPN. And it's a Big East game. What did I tell you twice-baked cum doilies?

Sincerely,

Iodotspray

MuchoBulls
Tremendous Slouch

Post by MuchoBulls »

Goober McTuber wrote:There's only one college football game on tonight. It's on ESPN.
I really wish it wasn't. My worries were certainly affirmed tonight.
PSUFAN
dents with meaning

Post by PSUFAN »

MuchoBulls wrote:
Goober McTuber wrote:There's only one college football game on tonight. It's on ESPN.
I was pretty shocked by the outcome. Really, this was a must-win for Pitt and the new staff. Also, this is the perfect test case for the game that blows the rusty old CFB Transitive Property mess off the tabletop.
King Crimson wrote:anytime you have a smoke tunnel and it's not Judas Priest in the mid 80's....watch out.
mvscal wrote:France totally kicks ass.
MuchoBulls
Tremendous Slouch

Post by MuchoBulls »

PSUFAN wrote:
MuchoBulls wrote:
I was pretty shocked by the outcome. Really, this was a must-win for Pitt and the new staff. Also, this is the perfect test case for the game that blows the rusty old CFB Transitive Property mess off the tabletop.
I've never subscribed to the transitive property.

Honestly, I'm not surprised that we lost, but I was surpised at how badly we got our asses kicked. When our schedule came out and I saw the short week and then having to travel I pegged that game as a loss.

DL and OL were my biggest concerns going into the season and the DL has not done anything as of yet. We don't blitz enough either.

UTEP exposed something last week that worried me and Pitt just went after it last night. Our LB's play so far off the line and with the DL not really doing anything it's going to let good running teams gain huge chunks of yards on 1st down. The few times our LB's were within 5 yards of the line last night we pushed Pitt backwards. I can't believe our coaches can't see it.
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

A seemingly superior road team lost on the Thursday night?

Well, color me shocked.
I got 99 problems but the 'vid ain't one