So.........

Fuck Jim Delany

Moderators: 88BuckeyeGrad, Left Seater, buckeye_in_sc

Roger_the_Shrubber
Back-o-Matic

So.........

Post by Roger_the_Shrubber »

Can we talk about the Oklahoma v Florida State game now?

27 - 24 FSU.
What were we just talking about?
M Club
el capitán

Re: So.........

Post by M Club »

Go kill yourself. Rock and Roll!
Moby Dick
2017 JAFFL Champ

Post by Moby Dick »

yup

go fuck yourself.

OU 38
FSU 27
Roger_the_Shrubber
Back-o-Matic

Lighten up Francis, X 2. Try just a tad to be grown-ups.

It may come down to FSU's O-line. Youth, injuries and plain old....they might be a bit initimidated. A year from now,...who knows, but it's apparent that E.J. needs more time than a great opposing D-line like OU's will give him.

Broken down:

OU D-line v FSU O-line - OU

OU O-line v FSU D-line - FSU

OU receivers v FSU D-backs - OU, but only slightly

FSU receivers v OU D-backs - push

Special teams - FSU

Running game - FSU

Ability to adapt to changes - OU,... FSU still a bit young.

It may really come down to special teams.

My heart says FSU by 3, but the head says OU by 4.

Oh, and congrats to The Sooners for being the first team ever to be voted #1 100 times. Says a lot about the program historically.
Mikey
Carbon Neutral since 1955

Post by Mikey »

OU
42-10

FSU is overrated in the polls by about 15-20 spots.
SunCoastSooner
Reported Bible Thumper

Post by SunCoastSooner »

Oklahoma 38
Florida State 13

Florida State couldn't even cover DeJuan Miller and Cameron Kenny last season, much less Ryan Broyles. I can only imagine what is going to happen to the Semenholes having to try and stop Kenny Stills, Trey Franks, DeJuan MIller (again), and Ryan Broyles with Landry having another year under his belt.

The cum dumpsters offense has looked atrocious. Their OLine can't run block. Their Quarterback has no pocket presence, horrible accuracy, and happy feet. Thankfully for them they game is in Tallahassee so might only be as ugly as it was last season; if this game were in Norman I would spot FSU 24 points in the pick 'em and still go against them.

How Florida State is ranked in the top 15 much less the top 5 befuddles my senses; easily the most overrated team in the top 25 to anyone who has watched them play.
BSmack wrote:I can certainly infer from that blurb alone that you are self righteous, bible believing, likely a Baptist or Presbyterian...
Miryam wrote:but other than that, it's cool, man. you're a christer.
LTS TRN 2 wrote:Okay, Sunny, yer cards are on table as a flat-out Christer.
King Crimson
Eternal Scobode

Post by King Crimson »

man, i wish i had the same confidence as others. we've had FSU's number for a while....80, 81 Orange Bowls, 2000 BCS game, last year....they are due to get one. OU has been shaky on the road the last couple years, i don't get that same rock-solid confidence one had with Bradford or J. White as with Jones. despite jon's theory of Jason White, i've not seen anyone better on 3rd down than JW in a long, long time. not crazy about last weeks week 2 bye, either. feel better if Travis Lewis was playing.

note: last month i called out Harv as a sandbagging for OU with his "they should play for the NC" statement. Harv is already picking against OU (his professed team of destiny) in the pick'em.
""On a lonely planet spinning its way toward damnation amid the fear and despair of a broken human race, who is left to fight for all that is good and pure and gets you smashed for under a fiver? Yes, it's the surprising adventures of me, Sir Digby Chicken-Caesar!"
"
SunCoastSooner
Reported Bible Thumper

Post by SunCoastSooner »

King Crimson wrote:man, i wish i had the same confidence as others. we've had FSU's number for a while....80, 81 Orange Bowls, 2000 BCS game, last year....they are due to get one. OU has been shaky on the road the last couple years, i don't get that same rock-solid confidence one had with Bradford or J. White as with Jones. despite jon's theory of Jason White, i've not seen anyone better on 3rd down than JW in a long, long time. not crazy about last weeks week 2 bye, either. feel better if Travis Lewis was playing.

note: last month i called out Harv as a sandbagging for OU with his "they should play for the NC" statement. Harv is already picking against OU (his professed team of destiny) in the pick'em.
Oklahoma looking overpowering isn't my reasoning . . . it's having seen Florida State twice now and seeing how pathetic their offense is that gives me confidence. If we don't win this game by three TDs then I don't think we should be ranked #1 and will be doubtful of our national title hype.
BSmack wrote:I can certainly infer from that blurb alone that you are self righteous, bible believing, likely a Baptist or Presbyterian...
mrNoles
Fuckin' Noob

Post by mrNoles »

Suncoast, I dig your zeal man but do you really believe that FSU O is that poor? They have'nt shown a fourth of whats in thier arsenal. True the O line is a concern and they have been experimenting with different combos. I don't expect OU will be brave/foolish enough to put 8-9 guys in the box consistently like the past 2 tomato cans FSU has played. Look for FSU to go to atleast 15 designed qb running plays Sat. The kid is far better when he is running and throwing. So far they have really had c hains on him and kept him to basic route pocket passing.
Also the kid is a strong 245lbs. I beleive that is about 25 lbs heavier than any OU linsbacker.

The shell shocked D that got shalaced in norman has grown up considerablly in the past year. I think you will find your self fairly suprised with them this Sat. i also think around 11;30 pm you'll be saying to your self "damn, FSU is in fact worthy of its high ranking".
King Crimson
Eternal Scobode

Post by King Crimson »

run-pass QB has given Stoops D's fits in the past. Ell Roberson, the highly underrated Jonathon Beasley, Colt McCoy, kid from Oregon in the joke game, etc. Utah State and AFA last year.
""On a lonely planet spinning its way toward damnation amid the fear and despair of a broken human race, who is left to fight for all that is good and pure and gets you smashed for under a fiver? Yes, it's the surprising adventures of me, Sir Digby Chicken-Caesar!"
"
SunCoastSooner
Reported Bible Thumper

Post by SunCoastSooner »

King Crimson wrote:run-pass QB has given Stoops D's fits in the past. Ell Roberson, the highly underrated Jonathon Beasley, Colt McCoy, kid from Oregon in the joke game, etc. Utah State and AFA last year.

Most of those guys also didn't have trouble hitting water falling out of a boat like Manuel does though.
King Crimson
Eternal Scobode

Post by King Crimson »

ronald curry. senaca wallace. c'mon? Matt Jones scored 6 points on OU in the Cotton Bowl.

that's Roy Williams/Calmus OU D type shit.

we never saw the second half of either of those games in Denver.
"
Mr T
Riverboat Gambler

Post by Mr T »

OU hasn't beat a top 10 non conference foe on the road since the 70s.

FSU 24
OU 21
TheJON wrote:What does the winner get? Because if it's a handjob from Frisco, I'd like to campaign for my victory.
Roger_the_Shrubber
Back-o-Matic

BtH,

That was then, this is now.

I will say that the guys saying OU will beat FSU by 3 TD's and such.....use the head, not the heart.

OU could very well win, but it WON'T be anything like a blow-out. I wouldn't bet a red cent on this game, but I seriously doubt an ass stomping by either.

And don't ya think that Mark Stoops has a bit of an idea what Bob will do?
SunCoastSooner
Reported Bible Thumper

Post by SunCoastSooner »

Roger_the_Shrubber wrote:And don't ya think that Mark Stoops has a bit of an idea what Bob will do?
Thankfully Mark's defense doesn't see the field at the same time as Bob's defense . . . I doubt Mark knows what Josh and Jay are going to do.
SunCoastSooner
Reported Bible Thumper

Post by SunCoastSooner »

Mr T wrote:OU hasn't beat a top 10 non conference foe on the road since the 70s.

FSU 24
OU 21
Yeah a stat that makes you 0-3 over the course of 30 years in a real indicator.
Cicero
Unintentional Humorist

Post by Cicero »

FSU has run a very vanilla offense the first two games. No zone read, very few stretch plays and they haven't run EJ at all. To base your opinion on just that and think that is the whole offense is being naive. I think the game will be a lot closer than last year but I still think OU wins 27-20. FSU is a very good program again. Maybe a little overrated at 5 but definitely Top 10. I will be there on Saturday. Can't wait.
SunCoastSooner
Reported Bible Thumper

Post by SunCoastSooner »

Cicero wrote:FSU has run a very vanilla offense the first two games. No zone read, very few stretch plays and they haven't run EJ at all. To base your opinion on just that and think that is the whole offense is being naive. I think the game will be a lot closer than last year but I still think OU wins 27-20. FSU is a very good program again. Maybe a little overrated at 5 but definitely Top 10. I will be there on Saturday. Can't wait.
If you're interested there is a large group of us tailgating at the Civic Center. Good food, adult beverages, some cornhole, etc. Ton of Sooners though.
Goober McTuber
World Renowned Last Word Whore

Post by Goober McTuber »

SunCoastSooner wrote:some cornhole
That's really all you had to mention. It's Sissyroo, for God's sake.
Joe in PB wrote: Yeah I'm the dumbass
schmick, speaking about Larry Nassar's pubescent and prepubescent victims wrote: They couldn't even kick that doctors ass

Seems they rather just lay there, get fucked and play victim
Cicero
Unintentional Humorist

Post by Cicero »

We will be at the IM fields. It is a little bit of a hike from there but since we are getting there early maybe there will be time. I am not concerned about it being mostly sooner fans. My friends who went to Oklahoma last year said you had very good fans and we hope to pay your team the same respect. Should be a fun time. if you want some ideas of where to go to eat or drink just ask.
SunCoastSooner
Reported Bible Thumper

Post by SunCoastSooner »

Cicero wrote:We will be at the IM fields. It is a little bit of a hike from there but since we are getting there early maybe there will be time. I am not concerned about it being mostly sooner fans. My friends who went to Oklahoma last year said you had very good fans and we hope to pay your team the same respect. Should be a fun time. if you want some ideas of where to go to eat or drink just ask.
Appreciate it but we have food covered. We are carting a shit ton of it out there. We have a giant smoker and three grills as well.

We're convoying from Destin to Panama City to Tallahassee with a ton of people. 3 RVs and between a dozen and two dozen random trucks and cars in a long line Friday Morning. We're basically camping out at the Civic Center. Already cleared it with the county; as long as we are there before 4pm on Friday we can post up, if not you have to wait until after 1am Saturday morning.
Van
2012 CFB Bowl Pick Champ

Post by Van »

SCS wrote:If you're interested there is a large group of us tailgating at the Civic Center. Good food, adult beverages, some cornhole, etc. Ton of Sooners though.
Goobs beat me to the punch, but c'mon! This one has to be explained. Are we talking FSU Cowgirl-style cornholes here or something rather more gruesome?
Joe Satriani is a mime, right? - 88

Show me your dicks. - trev
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

Van wrote:This one has to be explained.
He already said what day they're going...

I got 99 problems but the 'vid ain't one
Goober McTuber

Post by Goober McTuber »

schmick, speaking about Larry Nassar's pubescent and prepubescent victims wrote: They couldn't even kick that doctors ass

Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

Goober McTuber wrote:Van,

http://www.playcornhole.org/
It's like warshers, only with bean bags instead of washers.
I got 99 problems but the 'vid ain't one
SunCoastSooner
Reported Bible Thumper

Post by SunCoastSooner »

Van wrote:
SCS wrote:If you're interested there is a large group of us tailgating at the Civic Center. Good food, adult beverages, some cornhole, etc. Ton of Sooners though.
Goobs beat me to the punch, but c'mon! This one has to be explained. Are we talking FSU Cowgirl-style cornholes here or something rather more gruesome?
I wouldn't expect left coasters or Yankees to know what cornhole is. No it is not reference to any homosexual exploit. It's a southern game that is usually played under the influence of alcohol with bean bags by rednecks such as my self. It's pretty popular in this part of the world at cookouts, bars with enough room, and in general drunken occasions.

It is played by two opposing teams of 2 people with a player from each team standing at opposite ends with two 48" long, 24" wide wooden boards at a ninty degree angle and a six inch diameter hole. The object is to get your bags in the hole (3 points) or on the board (1 point). It is almost a mixture of of Horse shoes and shuffle board only played with bean bags by rednecks. Points cancel each other out with whoever has more getting what is left over (like in shuffle board). Traditionally games are played to 21 and if you go over it sets you back the margin.

Go ahead with the redneck jokes if you so wish, I'm southern and proud and this is one of those games rednecks play.
Cicero
Unintentional Humorist

Post by Cicero »

My friends in Chicago call it "bags." Down here in Florida people call it cornhole. Like you said, it is probably a south thing.
Last edited by Cicero on Wed Sep 14, 2011 6:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Killian
Good crossing pattern target

Post by Killian »

We call it cornhole in Michigan.
"Well, my wife assassinated my sexual identity, and my children are eating my dreams." -Louis CK
Van
2012 CFB Bowl Pick Champ

Post by Van »

SunCoastSooner wrote:
Van wrote:
It is played by two opposing teams of 2 people with a player from each team standing at opposite ends with two 48" long, 24" wide wooden boards at a ninty degree angle and a six inch diameter hole. The object is to get your bags in the hole (3 points) or on the board (1 point).
:lol:

Now it sounds even more gay! It's like...ritualized buggery, replete with lurid descriptions of massive inches, glory holes, and proud boastings of skilled teabaggery.

Fucking awesome. You go, cornholers.

Goober McTuber

Post by Goober McTuber »

Not so sure it's a Southern thing:
The history of the game is mostly unknown, though stories abound. One story claims that the game was first played during the 14th century in Germany, then rediscovered in Ohio within the last century. Many American scholars confirm that a game of very similar nature was played amongst Native Americans in Midwest America, who filled pigs' bladders with dried beans and competitively tossed them for entertainment, notably, the Blackhawk tribe in Illinois. Debate about whether the game was actually created in the Kentucky farmland, Champaign, Illinois or the West Side of Cincinnati, is ongoing. Popularity of the game began to increase in the late 1990s in Athens, Ohio, and East Lansing, Michigan, area universities, particularly Ohio University and Michigan State University, where cornhole became a mainstay at parties and as a casual drinking game.
Van, check out the terminology at the Wikipedia entry:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cornhole

SunCoastSooner
Reported Bible Thumper

Post by SunCoastSooner »

Goober McTuber wrote:Not so sure it's a Southern thing:
The history of the game is mostly unknown, though stories abound. One story claims that the game was first played during the 14th century in Germany, then rediscovered in Ohio within the last century. Many American scholars confirm that a game of very similar nature was played amongst Native Americans in Midwest America, who filled pigs' bladders with dried beans and competitively tossed them for entertainment, notably, the Blackhawk tribe in Illinois. Debate about whether the game was actually created in the Kentucky farmland, Champaign, Illinois or the West Side of Cincinnati, is ongoing. Popularity of the game began to increase in the late 1990s in Athens, Ohio, and East Lansing, Michigan, area universities, particularly Ohio University and Michigan State University, where cornhole became a mainstay at parties and as a casual drinking game.
Van, check out the terminology at the Wikipedia entry:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cornhole
It may not be a southern thing in that case. I am just assuming it was. Honestly I have never seen it played outside the south though I don't doubt it well probably is. It's pretty prevalent here though. I've seen it played mostly in southern/country states and areas such as Florida, Alabama, Georgia, Mississippi, Tennessee, South Carolina, Tennessee, Louisiana, Oklahoma, Kansas, Wyoming, Nebraska, and Indiana. Hadn't encountered it anywhere elsewhere though. Most of the time when I have brought it up with Yankees or left coasters they have no clue what it is but it's rare I talk to a fellow southerner who isn't familiar with it.

Yankees probably don't play it as much because the SEC obviously dominates the sport and other good programs such as Wyoming don't face the same stiff competition to earn being mentioned when it is debated. (Sorry I had to throw that blurb in because Sam made an thread appearance).
Goober McTuber

Post by Goober McTuber »

I see it in my next door neighbor's yard all the time. Probably not much chance of you Southerners getting on a plane and coming up here to get your butts kicked, though.

Van
2012 CFB Bowl Pick Champ

Post by Van »

Goobs, reading that "terminology" list, man, it smacks of a "Top Gun" level of highly transparent, barely nuanced butt-piracy. In the same way that "Scoobie Doo" isn't about getting shitfaced, this game seems not to be about oiling one's self up to play a nice, vigorous game of volleyball with similar dudes in Ray-Bans.

SunCoastSooner
Reported Bible Thumper

Post by SunCoastSooner »

Goober McTuber wrote:I see it in my next door neighbor's yard all the time. Probably not much chance of you Southerners getting on a plane and coming up here to get your butts kicked, though.
I don't know about getting my butt kicked but yeah, probably a bit much travel for a yard game. I'm pretty damn good at the game; there are people who have tried to bribe me to be their partner on drunken nights or for cash tournaments. I play at bars and in local tournaments hosted by establishments pretty often. I usually stick to the same two partners for the most part and sometimes play with a third guy who is an OU person if the other two aren't available.

I have a pretty stout local resume and other people who play it a lot in the area pretty well recognize me and the two guys I mainly stick with. In the last couple of years me and my friend Shaun have won the Pigi Man Memorial Charity Tournament twice (I actually won the cash prize for both most accurate shooter and most holers the second time we won it), 2010 Salty Duck Challenge, Flightline Last Call Tournament, and the 2010 Billy Bowleg's Festival Tournament (one of the largest tournaments in the world they claim). We placed in the top three at numerous other events including this years Billy Bowlegs Festival. If it's me and either Shaun or my friend Sid it is a very occurrence that we ever lose a random bar or backyard match. When we are at the Flightline (or at least when it was still open) or at The Salty Duck most people just drop off the list when we come in and put our names down because it's not uncommon we hold down the boards for three to five hours until we just quit or are done for the night.
SunCoastSooner
Reported Bible Thumper

Post by SunCoastSooner »

Goober McTuber wrote:I see it in my next door neighbor's yard all the time. Probably not much chance of you Southerners getting on a plane and coming up here to get your butts kicked, though.
I don't know about getting my butt kicked but yeah, probably a bit much travel for a yard game. I'm pretty damn good at the game; there are people who have tried to bribe me to be their partner on drunken nights or for cash tournaments. I play at bars and in local tournaments hosted by establishments pretty often. I usually stick to the same two partners for the most part and sometimes play with a third guy who is an OU person if the other two aren't available.

I have a pretty stout local resume and other people who play it a lot in the area pretty well recognize me and the two guys I mainly stick with. In the last couple of years me and my friend Shaun have won the Pigi Man Memorial Charity Tournament twice (I actually won the cash prize for both most accurate shooter and most holers the second time we won it), 2010 Salty Duck Challenge, Flightline Last Call Tournament, and the 2010 Billy Bowleg's Festival Tournament (one of the largest tournaments in the world they claim). We placed in the top three at numerous other events including this years Billy Bowlegs Festival. If it's me and either Shaun or my friend Sid it is a very occurrence that we ever lose a random bar or backyard match. When we are at the Flightline (or at least when it was still open) or at The Salty Duck most people just drop off the list when we come in and put our names down because it's not uncommon we hold down the boards for three to five hours until we just quit or are done for the night.
Goober McTuber

Post by Goober McTuber »

SunCoastSooner wrote:

You really should have posted this with your bradhusker troll.

SunCoastSooner
Reported Bible Thumper

Post by SunCoastSooner »

Goober McTuber wrote:
SunCoastSooner wrote:

You really should have posted this with your bradhusker troll.
I do not have the keys to that troll.

Sorry, Cornhole is kind of a hobby of mine. I enjoy it. It's a fun leisurely drinking game that isn't centered on intentionally getting people tanked like the folk who play shit like beer pong and flip cup.The ability to make a little pocket change or support worthwile charities by playing it at times is also something I enjoy about it. They are more laid back than poker tournaments or other similar competitions.
Carson
2012 CFB Pickem Champ

Post by Carson »

Ahh, The Flightline. I miss that place.

SCS: Did ya hear about the stabbing the last night they were open?

I know, I know. Stabbing and cornholing...
MgoBlue-LightSpecial
Eternal Scobode

Post by MgoBlue-LightSpecial »

SunCoastSooner wrote:I don't know about getting my butt kicked but yeah, probably a bit much travel for a yard game. I'm pretty damn good at the game; there are people who have tried to bribe me to be their partner on drunken nights or for cash tournaments. I play at bars and in local tournaments hosted by establishments pretty often. I usually stick to the same two partners for the most part and sometimes play with a third guy who is an OU person if the other two aren't available.

Your arms must be bigger than ucant's with all the back-patting you give yourself.
Killian
Good crossing pattern target

Post by Killian »

MgoBlue-LightSpecial wrote:
SunCoastSooner wrote:I don't know about getting my butt kicked but yeah, probably a bit much travel for a yard game. I'm pretty damn good at the game; there are people who have tried to bribe me to be their partner on drunken nights or for cash tournaments. I play at bars and in local tournaments hosted by establishments pretty often. I usually stick to the same two partners for the most part and sometimes play with a third guy who is an OU person if the other two aren't available.

Your arms must be bigger than ucant's with all the back-patting you give yourself.
Jesus Christ, no shit. Tommy Topper over here. Someone PM me when there's a thread that mentions softball so I can come in and brag. I did find a picture of SunCoast:

"Well, my wife assassinated my sexual identity, and my children are eating my dreams." -Louis CK