Indy, ATM to SEC...

Fuck Jim Delany

Moderators: 88BuckeyeGrad, Left Seater, buckeye_in_sc

H4ever
Eternal Scobode

Re: Indy, ATM to SEC...

Post by H4ever »

IndyFrisco wrote:
H4ever wrote:I just recall when I was pissing and moaning about the circumstances during the Husker Big 12 farewell tour and how Tejas would be the ruin of the Big 12 and ultimately thumb their noses at shorthorn bootlicker programs, you vehemently disagreed and said it was nothing more than sour grapes.
Most NUFan in here were god damn crybabies last year. Hell, you guys got 2nd place for BBOTY when you really should have won it. We'll just play our season and say sayonara no matter what happens this season. I will NOT go out like you guys did.

I admit that I pissed and moaned about it....and rightfully so. Aren't you the least bit miffed by how one school effectively destroyed part of AtM's history? You're losing a century old annual rivalry game due to this. And you must admit that it began in Austin and for all the wrong reasons. There's nothing noble about what Texas has done. Pure...selfish...greed with an obscene load of arrogance. No wonder that state is full of oilmen.

I WILL throw this link up should you ever mention anything this season about the Aggies getting the shaft because they're leaving the 12.
War Wagon
2010 CFB Pickem Champ

Post by War Wagon »

I'm trying to remember how Nebraska got shafted last year.

Was it when Gabbert got that late helmet to helmet hit in Lincoln and the ref mysteriously forgot where his flag was?
indyfrisco
Pro Bonfire

Post by indyfrisco »

"We lost that game because the better team won.

What is something NebraskaFan has never uttered for $300 Alex?"
Goober McTuber wrote:One last post...
War Wagon
2010 CFB Pickem Champ

Post by War Wagon »

While we're taking cheap shots at Cornfan, let me just add that your prima donna QB will never play a down in the NFL. He's Tim Tebow with a tan.
At Large
Bitter Husker Apologist

Post by At Large »

War Wagon wrote:While we're taking cheap shots at Cornfan, let me just add that your prima donna QB will never play a down in the NFL. He's Tim Tebow with a tan.
Ouch! Is that supposed to hurt?
MgoBlue-LightSpecial
Eternal Scobode

Post by MgoBlue-LightSpecial »

War Wagon wrote:While we're taking cheap shots at Cornfan, let me just add that your prima donna QB will never play a down in the NFL. He's Tim Tebow with a tan.
Hell, he is only the 3rd or 4th best "dual threat" qb in the Big Ten.
Harvdog
Eternal Scobode

Post by Harvdog »

H4ever wrote:
I admit that I pissed and moaned about it....and rightfully so. Aren't you the least bit miffed by how one school effectively destroyed part of AtM's history? You're losing a century old annual rivalry game due to this. And you must admit that it began in Austin and for all the wrong reasons. There's nothing noble about what Texas has done. Pure...selfish...greed with an obscene load of arrogance. No wonder that state is full of oilmen.

I WILL throw this link up should you ever mention anything this season about the Aggies getting the shaft because they're leaving the 12.
If ESPN had come to Lincoln and offered NU its own TV network, you are telling me that Tom and the Hukser faithful would have turned it down for the betterment of College Football, rivalries and the conference? :lol: That's rich.

The only time I remember seeing anything about NU on TV was when Tommy Lee tried out for the marching band and was hogging with some of the talent in Nebraska. That was stellar.

Will the backlash continue for the OU network? Is T Boone going to leave the Big XII? I doubt it.
Bizzarofelice
I wanna be a bear

Post by Bizzarofelice »

War Wagon wrote: In the Ozarks, you're the freak, bean counter boy.
I'd be the only person there who hasn't purchased excessive amounts of Sudafed or has a comma in their bank balance. Only allowed to drive through Southern Missouri cause I got an American car. A friend's car broke down in Ironton on the way back from Johnson Shut-Ins and two garages refused to take the car cause it was a Honda. The southeast corner is the worst part of the state.

KA's are faggots.
Oh no you din't
I went to school there. I lived down the street from them. I can tell you with all certainty that the KA's are confirmed bachelors.
why is my neighborhood on fire
Bizzarofelice
I wanna be a bear

Post by Bizzarofelice »

and Huskerfan was right about a lot of shit last year. They got some shit calls and they knew Texas was running the show everywhere except on the field or on the hardwood.

If only Pellini wasn't such a crybaby people might have listened.
MgoBlue-LightSpecial
Eternal Scobode

Post by MgoBlue-LightSpecial »

Bizzarofelice wrote:I'd be the only person there who hasn't purchased excessive amounts of Sudafed or has a comma in their bank balance.
I've never been to the Ozarks, but that'll rack.
At Large
Bitter Husker Apologist

Post by At Large »

Harvdog wrote:
If ESPN had come to Lincoln and offered NU its own TV network, you are telling me that Tom and the Hukser faithful would have turned it down for the betterment of College Football, rivalries and the conference? :lol: That's rich.
Yes, because Tejas was just minding its own business when out of the blue ESPN showed up in Austin and offered them a network. Man, I hate when that happens!

Tejas was gunning for this network for years and NU was against it because it made more sense to have a conference network, like the Big 10 network.
Left Seater
36,000 ft above the chaos

Post by Left Seater »

At Large wrote: Tejas was gunning for this network for years and NU was against it because it made more sense to have a conference network, like the Big 10 network.
Let's be honest At Large. NU was against it because they weren't the one being offered the network.

Also, if this was OU going out and getting their own network you guys wouldn't be nearly as upset. There is extra pain in this because it is Texas who took your seat at the head of the table. They got their way in most things Big 12 right from the jump, and then they beat you guys on the field. Hell I know better than most that it sucks to loose to programs you can't stand. I also know the kick to the balls feeling when you spend all off season looking to one game you are sure you will win only to be dominated in that game at home, (see Texas last year).

And as I pointed out in another thread we have heard all these arguments before. OU suing the NCAA in 1983, ND going with NBC, the Big Ten Network were all going to ruin college football also. Funny thing though, college football just got better.
Moving Sale wrote:I really are a fucking POS.
Softball Bat wrote: I am the dumbest motherfucker ever to post on the board.
Bizzarofelice
I wanna be a bear

Post by Bizzarofelice »

Left Seater wrote:
At Large wrote: Tejas was gunning for this network for years and NU was against it because it made more sense to have a conference network, like the Big 10 network.
Let's be honest At Large. NU was against it because they weren't the one being offered the network.
Tell me how the revenues and network works in the Big Ten?

Tell me how it works in the SEC?

That is why Nebraska left. Texas still doesn't get it and they will not get it when the Big 12 breathes its final breath and they won't get it as an independent.

Mizzou Head Coach Gary Pinkel wrote:Without question there are some issues that other leagues don't have. You don't hear anything about any other league in the country having these problems. And we all know where it starts. ...

There's no other league in the country where this stuff goes on. And it's really a shame because the potential of the league is really tremendous.
We don't all know where the problem starts, Coach. The problem children have their heads up their asses.
Truman
Eternal Scobode

Post by Truman »

Bizzarofelice wrote:
Mizzou Head Coach Gary Pinkel wrote:Without question there are some issues that other leagues don't have. You don't hear anything about any other league in the country having these problems. And we all know where it starts. ...

There's no other league in the country where this stuff goes on. And it's really a shame because the potential of the league is really tremendous.
We don't all know where the problem starts, Coach. The problem children have their heads up their asses.
We get a dose of Coach Pinks every Tuesday afternoon during drive-time on one of the local blow torches. Familiar lament leaves one thinking that Coach might actually start considering greener pastures - with - or without - his Tigers.

Faggot Texas. Let's blow this pop-stand...