Indy, ATM to SEC...

Fuck Jim Delany

Moderators: 88BuckeyeGrad, Left Seater, buckeye_in_sc

Left Seater
36,000 ft above the chaos

Indy, ATM to SEC...

Post by Left Seater »

Just wondering where you and others come out on this issue. Are you for the move because you don't think there will be a conference in 5 years? Or do you see this as good move for another reason?

I can see making the move if you don't think there will be a Big 12 in a few years, but I just don't see it any other way.

My wife is very upset about the move and doesn't want to see it happen. Her biggest point is regarding tradition. She holds all those traditions as near religious, and thinks leaving the other Texas schools is similar to spitting on said tradition. In fact Baylor is working to get all the Big 12 schools to agree not to schedule ATM in any sport for the next 10 years.

I know that ATM will get more money from the TV deals in the SEC, but their costs will also rise substantially. Take football out of the cost equation because we know it will be just fine, but getting the soccer team and softball team to Arkansas on a Tuesday evening is no longer a bus ride, but a flight. Their closest conf opponent will now be 300 plus miles away.

If Baylor is successful in not getting other Texas schools to play ATM then their profile falls in Texas. No more games around the state for those Alumni living outside of the BCS metroplex. I also believe you indicated on this board that ATM was more of a regional school and not as well know nationally by fans. How does moving to a conference outside of your region help with that?

Finally, doesn't this move help Texas also? Looks like they will now be playing ND on Thanksgiving evening instead of you. That hurts ATM even more on the national scene and helps Texas with a higher profile game.
Moving Sale wrote:I really are a fucking POS.
Softball Bat wrote: I am the dumbest motherfucker ever to post on the board.
King Crimson
Eternal Scobode

Re: Indy, ATM to SEC...

Post by King Crimson »

i don't think Baylor has that kind of pull. they've been a wildcard, self-embarrassing operation for the last 16 months. this seems like another, typical over-reach that doesn't take into account their relative powerlessness in the XII.

i think it's a good move for ATM. i do think it puts a lot of pressure on the Sherman hire. they ought to be pretty good this year, but moving forward....they can't afford to slip back into Fran land in terms of W's. which is another way of saying, those top 15 type classes need to start adding up to top 15 type seasons more often than they have.
""On a lonely planet spinning its way toward damnation amid the fear and despair of a broken human race, who is left to fight for all that is good and pure and gets you smashed for under a fiver? Yes, it's the surprising adventures of me, Sir Digby Chicken-Caesar!"
"
indyfrisco
Pro Bonfire

Post by indyfrisco »

Jsc810 wrote:
Left Seater wrote:My wife is very upset about the move and doesn't want to see it happen. Her biggest point is regarding tradition. She holds all those traditions as near religious, and thinks leaving the other Texas schools is similar to spitting on said tradition. In fact Baylor is working to get all the Big 12 schools to agree not to schedule ATM in any sport for the next 10 years.
Your wife "holds all those traditions as near religious" and then wants to further break those traditions by not playing A&M for a decade?

Well, I'm sure she's a nice lady with a great personality.
His wife is an A&M grad, faggot loving baby killer.

Lefty,

I admit, my #1 reason for wanting A&M to the SEC is selfish. I can see a lot more of their games on TV and in person. Not just football either. I'll make the trip to Lexington, Nashville, etc. for a 3 game baseball series. I live a lot closer to SEC country than I do XII country. I also firmly believe that highly touted recruits in Texas would happily go to A&M knowing they'd play in the SEC and still be closer to home. It is the right fit for us. And expect Missouri to follow us there.
Goober McTuber wrote:One last post...
Left Seater

Post by Left Seater »

That I can totally understand, always better to be able to see games in person.

The flip side of that though is that there are far fewer ATM fans/alumni in northern Florida or Mississippi than there are in the Central Texas corridor. So while better for you, not so good for larger numbers of ATM fans. I also agree that recruits are going to continue to go to ATM. I don't think it helps the SEC that much in that the BCS metroplex bring little in the way of TV clout (not that the SEC needs it), nor do I see it helping the other schools in getting more Texas HS players.

I also don't agree that ATM will get killed in the new conference. To be honest ATM wasn't tearing up the Big 12, but a much deeper league will help them up their game. They will be competitive, but maybe not in the NC discussion for a few seasons.
M Club
el capitán

Post by M Club »

sec is the nfl's minor league. true or not that's what espn says, and that's what texas hs kids believe, so playing in the sec AND for a texas school?

a&m will spend thanksgiving getting ready for the sec championship. fuck texas and notre dame.
Last edited by M Club on Wed Aug 31, 2011 4:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
indyfrisco
Pro Bonfire

Post by indyfrisco »

Left Seater wrote:That I can totally understand, always better to be able to see games in person.

The flip side of that though is that there are far fewer ATM fans/alumni in northern Florida or Mississippi than there are in the Central Texas corridor. So while better for you, not so good for larger numbers of ATM fans. I also agree that recruits are going to continue to go to ATM. I don't think it helps the SEC that much in that the BCS metroplex bring little in the way of TV clout (not that the SEC needs it), nor do I see it helping the other schools in getting more Texas HS players.

I also don't agree that ATM will get killed in the new conference. To be honest ATM wasn't tearing up the Big 12, but a much deeper league will help them up their game. They will be competitive, but maybe not in the NC discussion for a few seasons.
It is a long trip from Gainseville to Baton Rouge or Fayetteville. In this conference, travel will be somewhat semantics I believe. If t.u. goes independant or to the B1G or P12, travel comes into play for them too. I don't see us getting killed either, but I do agree we'll have to step up our game. Florida, Alabama, LSU, Auburn....not like there is 1 dominant team in the SEC winning it year in and year out. If anything, it has more parity than the XII which was pretty much OU's playground where t.u. had an occasional good year.

As for A&M competing for national championships, it's been 72 years since we had one. Moving to the conference that shits national championships isn't a bad idea. I'd rather roll the dice there than remain stagnant in the XII. My only hope/dream is we win on our way out.
MgoBlue-LightSpecial
Eternal Scobode

Post by MgoBlue-LightSpecial »

From a competitive standpoint, I think going to the SEC is somewhat of a wash. On one hand you've got the meatgrinder factor, on the other, your talent pool becomes deeper, and you can lose a game in the SEC and still legitimately vie for the MNC. No other conference has that kind of cache.
Go Coogs'
Eternal Scobode

Post by Go Coogs' »

Fuck all of you.

ATM moving to to the SEC kills any chance of Houston making it to the big leagues. Well, at least Houston is really close to obtaining the $75million needed to break ground on a new stadium.
88 wrote:Go Coogs' (Regular Season Total Points Champ)
Harvdog
Eternal Scobode

Post by Harvdog »

Careful what you wish for. A&M has been non-existent in the Big XII since 1999. Last year was the first year that they had a decent team and still lost their 2 games against the SEC. Going 9-4 in the Big XII doesn't make you a title contender.

A&M reminds me of the chick who is having a mid life crisis. They have a good relationship and are in a good spot. Yet, they go out and see what's out there. Someone tells them they are 'hot" and they jump at the chance to move. Once they end up at the new place, they will see that it is business as usual and now they went from 3rd in the pecking order to 10th and are in the same boat they were in but without the support system in place.

Good riddance.
indyfrisco
Pro Bonfire

Post by indyfrisco »

Spray,

I have heard that the schools currently in the SEC would not support bringing in a school in a market that they already have. That being said, Florida schools are out as Florida already has control of that market. Missouri, Oklahoma and North Carolina would be candidates is what I have heard. With all of North Carolina's baggage right now, they may not be considered.

Who knows...all I know is, we're outa' the XII. I'll take the Colorado route and leave quietly unlike NUFan.
indyfrisco
Pro Bonfire

Post by indyfrisco »

Harvdog wrote:A&M reminds me of the chick who is having a mid life crisis. They have a good relationship and are in a good spot. Yet, they go out and see what's out there. Someone tells them they are 'hot" and they jump at the chance to move. Once they end up at the new place, they will see that it is business as usual and now they went from 3rd in the pecking order to 10th and are in the same boat they were in but without the support system in place.

Good riddance.
Right now, t.u.fan reminds me of the prom queen who got passed over by the starting QB of the state championship football team who asked AggieGal to the prom.

We can do this all day, pal. You know, come up with wild ass scenarios that hold no water.
Goober McTuber
World Renowned Last Word Whore

Post by Goober McTuber »

Clemson is too highly ranked academically for the SEC.
Joe in PB wrote: Yeah I'm the dumbass
schmick, speaking about Larry Nassar's pubescent and prepubescent victims wrote: They couldn't even kick that doctors ass

Seems they rather just lay there, get fucked and play victim
Harvdog
Eternal Scobode

Post by Harvdog »

IndyFrisco wrote:
Harvdog wrote:A&M reminds me of the chick who is having a mid life crisis. They have a good relationship and are in a good spot. Yet, they go out and see what's out there. Someone tells them they are 'hot" and they jump at the chance to move. Once they end up at the new place, they will see that it is business as usual and now they went from 3rd in the pecking order to 10th and are in the same boat they were in but without the support system in place.

Good riddance.
Right now, t.u.fan reminds me of the prom queen who got passed over by the starting QB of the state championship football team who asked AggieGal to the prom.

We can do this all day, pal. You know, come up with wild ass scenarios that hold no water.
I could give a shit about aggy. You think that the grass is greener in the other pasture and all I am saying is that it is the same shit there that it is in the Big XII. The difference is that aggy is the F.N.G and will have zero power or say in the conference. At least in the Big XII, your opinion was heard.....didn't matter...but it was heard.

The S.E.C. isn't looking for the hot chick, they are looking for a sure thing. That's like slump bustin' at a morgue and then bragging about it to your friends.....silly.

If the Big XII changes and Texas goes a different route, then it was meant to be. Personally, I would like to see us in the Pac-16. That would make for some great roadies....

aggy has a massive inflated self belief in their school. I applaud your loyalty but this is a case where you are cutting of your nose to spite your face. This is all about aggy being jealous of Texas and OU. Nothing more, nothing less. Have fun streaking Frank the Tank......
At Large
Bitter Husker Apologist

Post by At Large »

IndyFrisco wrote:Spray,

I have heard that the schools currently in the SEC would not support bringing in a school in a market that they already have. That being said, Florida schools are out as Florida already has control of that market. Missouri, Oklahoma and North Carolina would be candidates is what I have heard. With all of North Carolina's baggage right now, they may not be considered.

Who knows...all I know is, we're outa' the XII. I'll take the Colorado route and leave quietly unlike NUFan.
Colorado went quietly because they stunk it up. If you guys are contending for the title, and let's say you get the bad end of some questionable calls, you probably won't go quietly.

The move is great for A&M. Tradition is fine and all, but when you play second fiddle to the self-appointed big man in the league, it's not going to help you in the long run. Being a Texas team that plays across the south will not only open up recruiting, but will expose A&M to unprecedented levels of publicity. That was one of my problems with the Big 12. When you have Texas teams playing other Texas teams, it only interests people in Texas.

Missouri going to the SEC does make sense. It borders Arkansas and will get the SEC in a new market.

If the Big 12(9) loses Missouri, you have to wonder what OU will do.

What really surprised me is how fast this new league is imploding. They went to 10 teams and everything was supposed to be fine. The other teams were okay with the Long Horn Network until they saw the contract and the broadcasting of high school games and conference games that would give Tejas a recruiting advantage. The schools that didn't see Tejas try to flex its muscle with the LHN were either not paying attention or just gullible.
indyfrisco
Pro Bonfire

Post by indyfrisco »

Harvdog wrote:aggy has a massive inflated self belief in their school. I applaud your loyalty but this is a case where you are cutting of your nose to spite your face. This is all about aggy being jealous of Texas and OU. Nothing more, nothing less.
Why does everything have to come down to hostility? Why can't we just go try to carve our own path without you bitching and moaning on our way out? I have yet to say anything in the nature of "We're leaving because we hate t.u. and OU." We're leaving because it is what is best for us.

*knuckles* Enjoy the XII.
Go Coogs'
Eternal Scobode

Post by Go Coogs' »

All I can hope for is a BYU, Air Force, Houston invite from the Big IX.

BYU - national following, good acedemics, new region of the country.
Air Force - military school, huge national following
Houston - [weak]Old SWC rivalry renewed with Texas, TacoTech, and Baylor.[/weak]. Oh yeah, Reliant Stadium games between w/ Texas and OU.
Goober McTuber

Post by Goober McTuber »

Sudden Sam wrote:
Goober McTuber wrote:Clemson is too highly ranked academically for the SEC.
Say what?

Sin,

Vanderbilt
Yeah, Vandy's your one token private school, and we all know what that's for.
schmick, speaking about Larry Nassar's pubescent and prepubescent victims wrote: They couldn't even kick that doctors ass

Left Seater

Post by Left Seater »

Best of luck with that Big XII invite. If Texas has any pull Cougar High will never get an invite. Hell, Texas still wont schedule UH in damn near most sports due to bleacher gate. Took UH 4 years to pay off that debt to Texas when they should have received about a million from UT.

Yeah, I just don't see that one happening.
MgoBlue-LightSpecial
Eternal Scobode

Go Coogs' wrote:Fuck all of you.

ATM moving to to the SEC kills any chance of Houston making it to the big leagues.
Why is that?
Go Coogs'
Eternal Scobode

Post by Go Coogs' »

Left Seater wrote:Best of luck with that Big XII invite. If Texas has any pull Cougar High will never get an invite. Hell, Texas still wont schedule UH in damn near most sports due to bleacher gate. Took UH 4 years to pay off that debt to Texas when they should have received about a million from UT.

Yeah, I just don't see that one happening.
No doubt there is some bad blood there with bleacher gate. I was hoping new ADs would bury the hatchet by now. It's their only hope at this point to get in a fast depleting BigIX.

Mgo, with ATM moving to the SEC, there is no longer interest in Houston to capture their market. I honestly believe the ATM move will be the first domino to fall for superconferences and an additional football subdivision.

FBS = 4 Superconferences (64 schools)
FBS II = The leftovers (57 remaining schools from current setup)

The superconferences and new playoff format will reduce the amount of BTPCF programs scheduling mid-majors, which ultimately lines the little guys pockets more than anything else. Recruiting will be disasterous for these programs as well. The occasional four star recruit who decides to stay close to home and play for the smaller program will settle for playing 2500 miles from home as long as its one of those 64 programs in the FBS. A chunk of the mid-major programs will start losing money and you may even see a few of them get shutdown.

Just my crazy tinfoil hat prophecy.
Bizzarofelice
I wanna be a bear

Post by Bizzarofelice »

The Big 12, when it had 12 teams, was filled with:
--teams that were so happy they were grandfathered in and not relegated to the Conference USA or DIV II
--teams that wanted to get out because other conferences weren't run so poorly
--University of Texas

I have yet to hear a single Texas fan who understands why these teams have left and why more teams are looking to leave.
why is my neighborhood on fire
MgoBlue-LightSpecial
Eternal Scobode

Go Coogs' wrote:Mgo, with ATM moving to the SEC, there is no longer interest in Houston to capture their market.
Ahh, I thought you were referring to the possibility of Houston moving to the Big 12, not the SEC. At the rate the Big 12 is crumbling they're going to have to start looking at programs like Houston to stay in-tact.

I'm not as convinced as others that this superconference dealio is going to happen, though if it does, I think we're still quite a few years away from it.
Bizzarofelice
I wanna be a bear

Post by Bizzarofelice »

Big 12 could lure Notre Dame and BYU only if the whole "keep your own money there is no socialism thing here" thing is appealing. other conferences pool a lot of the cash but the big 12 could live, albeit weakly, as an ubercapitalist conference.
War Wagon
2010 CFB Pickem Champ

Post by War Wagon »

Papa Willie wrote: While Texas is a geographical stretch for the SEC, there's no way Missouri would EVER fit in.
And why, praytell, is that?

Not that I want them to join the SEC, but I think they'd "fit in" as well as Arkansas.

Actually, I'd trade ATM to the SEC for Arkansas, straight up.
Cornhusker
2018/2019 and 2023/2024 Pick ‘em Champion

Post by Cornhusker »

Left Seater wrote:If Texas has any pull Cougar High will never get an invite.
If? :lol:
The if is can Texas hold a conference together if they want. Who gets an invite will come from Texas, not Beebe.
campinfool
2009 PET Champion

Post by campinfool »

Jesus Christ, when is kick off. I need the season to start already because all this dramatics is getting old. Both ATM and Texas are coming off as whiny pussies. Almost can't stand to see the crap being spewed on Texags or Hornfans. Here are my retarded thoughts on the whole thing.

1. LHN is stupid and absurd. A channel dedicated to a couple of crappy games, live volleyball, and reruns of great Texas bowl games of the 1960s, all on a network few of us will even get.

2. ATM is going to get rolled in the SEC. How will recruiting get better in the SEC when you are a bottom feeder. If a school has not made strides in a so-so BigXII and considered last year a "breakout" year, then the Aggies will get skull ficked.

3. ND to the Big XII? Wow I guess that is some good weed going around Austin.

4. BYU to the Big XII? I already have enough fuckers on bicycles in my neighborhood trying to convert me and sell me bibles. Why do I need more coming to town?

5. Will the SEC rethink the ATM deal if they Aggies suck this year? Even without burnt orange glasses, I don't really see how the SEC will benefit.

The whole thing stinks. As I get older in life my interest in this sport is waning. Think I'm gonna load up my RV and spend my weekends on the road to avoid this abortion that is unfolding before us. Smores and dutch oven cooking has to be better than crying corpsmen and Texas/ Rice on a can't see network.
War Wagon
2010 CFB Pickem Champ

Post by War Wagon »

campinfool wrote: BYU to the Big XII? I already have enough fuckers on bicycles in my neighborhood trying to convert me and sell me bibles. Why do I need more coming to town?
You too, eh? At least they weren't too obnoxious.

The closest XII school to BYU is Taco Tech, a mere 700 miles.
Killian
Good crossing pattern target

Post by Killian »

Jsc810 wrote: No need to get all worked up, my grandfather is an A&M grad too. When he went there, they taught that if you like the traditions, then you keep doing them.
Hey look!!! Another team for Jsc120 to root for!!!
"Well, my wife assassinated my sexual identity, and my children are eating my dreams." -Louis CK
Truman
Eternal Scobode

Post by Truman »

Papa Willie wrote:
It is the right fit for us. And expect Missouri to follow us there.
Nope. While Texas is a geographical stretch for the SEC, there's no way Missouri would EVER fit in.
Reckon that depends on which end of the state you ask, Willie. Descendants of folks on this end of the state burned out under General Order Number 11 and those living in the Southern Ozark region of our fine commonwealth might beg to differ. And apparently, Southern Living magazine doesn't agree with your take either:

The South's Best College Towns

Columbia, MO

Three schools border this hip downtown–Columbia College, Stephens College, and the University of Missouri, said to be home to the first homecoming celebration. Mizzou alums return each year and flock to neighborhoods like the North Village Arts District, brimming with art galleries, music venues, and indie film houses, such as Ragtag Cinema.
Don't shoot me. I didn't write it.

But the homers on the local Chickenhawk station went into near-apoplexy when this article first hit. What most folks fail to realize is that Mizzou does, indeed, have a Southern tradition. Anyone who has ever travelled to Columbia knows that it is home to many fine, old antebellum and colonial mansions. And Mizzou's Kappa Alpha fraternity still proudly flies the Confederate battle flag on it front lawn, and courts it's ladies to Formal on horseback in full Southern regalia. A move to the SEC is NOT a leap culturally by any stretch of the imagination. But for gawd's sake, don't tell Bace....
txangler74
Elwood

Post by txangler74 »

Go Coogs' wrote:All I can hope for is a BYU, Air Force, Houston invite from the Big IX.

BYU - national following, good acedemics, new region of the country.
Air Force - military school, huge national following
Houston - [weak]Old SWC rivalry renewed with Texas, TacoTech, and Baylor.[/weak]. Oh yeah, Reliant Stadium games between w/ Texas and OU.
I think y'all have about as much of a chance as we do. UH has been a much better program then SMU in the past 10 years. But hey, we claim to be able to get our stadium up to standards by the start of the 2012 season. Got that going for us.
F-You man, I'll never go to Texas. I hated Texas from that point on.
-Eric Dickerson on his recruitment to the University of Texas
Go Coogs'
Eternal Scobode

Post by Go Coogs' »

txangler74 wrote:I think y'all have about as much of a chance as we do. UH has been a much better program then SMU in the past 10 years. But hey, we claim to be able to get our stadium up to standards by the start of the 2012 season. Got that going for us.
Yeah, who knows how Texas approaches this, but if they want to bolster it back up to 12, then they could bring in Boise St., Air Force, and BYU and shut SMU & Houston out all together. In a perfect world, I'd love to see a Rice, Houston, SMU invite, but that's just crazy talk.
Bizzarofelice
I wanna be a bear

Post by Bizzarofelice »

Truman wrote:
Papa Willie wrote:
It is the right fit for us. And expect Missouri to follow us there.
Nope. While Texas is a geographical stretch for the SEC, there's no way Missouri would EVER fit in.
Reckon that depends on which end of the state you ask, Willie. Descendants of folks on this end of the state burned out under General Order Number 11 and those living in the Southern Ozark region of our fine commonwealth might beg to differ. And apparently, Southern Living magazine doesn't agree with your take either:
On my end of the state, the one closer to the South, we think the South sucks. I've been to many college towns and Columbia is more like Lawrence or Madison than it is any SEC town.

Southern Living don't know shit.

Get that fucking tiger statue offa my field. I use to put concerts on there.
indie film houses, such as Ragtag Cinema.
alums don't go there because ragtag is newish. alums go to Shakes and Harpos and to honor the grave of Econ professor Walter Johnson.
But the homers on the local Chickenhawk station went into near-apoplexy when this article first hit.
by apoplexy I'm guessing you mean fits of laughter.
What most folks fail to realize is that Mizzou does, indeed, have a Southern tradition.
I fail to realize it.

Columbia is also home to a great many rural folks who don't get riled and never raise their voice and live a quiet life. I know because I'm related to half of Boone County. and I go back all the time. Columbia is much more like the northern part of the state than the inbred pigfuckers who live closer to Arkansas. Damned shame there's so much good fishing in south central Missouri cause there's a lot of rednecks. entire area is beyond beautiful and would be paradise were it not for the freaks.
And Mizzou's Kappa Alpha fraternity still proudly flies the Confederate battle flag on it front lawn
KAs are faggots. They had a mini cannon on their front lawn untl they got the good idea to try and fire it.cannon exploded and took out the building. maybe they were trying to attak the Sigma Chi house across the street, but the ghost of Brad Pitt saved the Sigs.

I said alums so War Wagon may not understand.
War Wagon
2010 CFB Pickem Champ

Post by War Wagon »

Bizzarofelice wrote:Columbia is much more like the northern part of the state than the inbred pigfuckers who live closer to Arkansas. Damned shame there's so much good fishing in south central Missouri cause there's a lot of rednecks. entire area is beyond beautiful and would be paradise were it not for the freaks.
In the Ozarks, you're the freak, bean counter boy.

It is gorgeous, though.
KA's are faggots.
Oh no you din't... something about pot/kettle.
MgoBlue-LightSpecial
Eternal Scobode

Sudden Sam wrote:I'm certain that every Big Ten football player is attending school because Big Ten schools are bastions of academic excellence.
"Not everybody's the perfect person in the world. I mean everyone kills people, murders people, steals from you, steals from me, whatever."

-Terrelle Pryor
Goober McTuber

Post by Goober McTuber »

MgoBlue-LightSpecial wrote:
Sudden Sam wrote:I'm certain that every Big Ten football player is attending school because Big Ten schools are bastions of academic excellence.
"Not everybody's the perfect person in the world. I mean everyone kills people, murders people, steals from you, steals from me, whatever."

-Terrelle Pryor
I heard on the radio yesterday that he managed a 7 on the Wonderlic.

H4ever
Eternal Scobode

Post by H4ever »

At Large wrote:
IndyFrisco wrote:Spray,

Colorado went quietly because they stunk it up. If you guys are contending for the title, and let's say you get the bad end of some questionable calls, you probably won't go quietly.

The move is great for A&M. Tradition is fine and all, but when you play second fiddle to the self-appointed big man in the league, it's not going to help you in the long run. Being a Texas team that plays across the south will not only open up recruiting, but will expose A&M to unprecedented levels of publicity. That was one of my problems with the Big 12. When you have Texas teams playing other Texas teams, it only interests people in Texas.

Missouri going to the SEC does make sense. It borders Arkansas and will get the SEC in a new market.

If the Big 12(9) loses Missouri, you have to wonder what OU will do.

What really surprised me is how fast this new league is imploding. They went to 10 teams and everything was supposed to be fine. The other teams were okay with the Long Horn Network until they saw the contract and the broadcasting of high school games and conference games that would give Tejas a recruiting advantage. The schools that didn't see Tejas try to flex its muscle with the LHN were either not paying attention or just gullible.
^^^ Get's it.

Indy was one of the biggest Tejas apologists just a few months ago. Shit calls were "part of the game" no matter how blatantly corrupt they are.

I'm glad to see AtM exit and can only hope they get bent over by the zebras several times on national tv....costing them dearly on the way out.

Here's to OU bolting by 2013 and Tejas getting the death penalty by 2015.

In closing.....BWAHAHAHHAAHHA!!!! Reap it!
indyfrisco
Pro Bonfire

Post by indyfrisco »

H4ever wrote:Indy was one of the biggest Tejas apologists just a few months ago.
Link the fuck up or shut the fuck up. I have NEVER been a t.u. apologist nor will I ever be.
H4ever
Eternal Scobode

Post by H4ever »

IndyFrisco wrote:
H4ever wrote:Indy was one of the biggest Tejas apologists just a few months ago.
Link the fuck up or shut the fuck up. I have NEVER been a t.u. apologist nor will I ever be.

I'm not about to spend the next two hours throwing up links to prove my point. I just recall when I was pissing and moaning about the circumstances during the Husker Big 12 farewell tour and how Tejas would be the ruin of the Big 12 and ultimately thumb their noses at shorthorn bootlicker programs, you vehemently disagreed and said it was nothing more than sour grapes.

Looks like AtM caught on (or knew all along despite your contentions) and will now seek greener pastures with a brighter future. And I'm glad that they are moving on. It just expedites what many have been saying all along: Texas is bad for college football and college athletics in general. Their greed and arrogance will eventually change the landscape and forever alter (and not for the better) the game every one of you bitches love as much as I do. And for that they should drop off the face of the earth and burn in hell. Hate those motherfuckers with a passion and the ranks who feel the same are growing daily. They will get theirs the same way the guy at work who pisses people off daily gets his eventually.
indyfrisco
Pro Bonfire

Post by indyfrisco »

H4ever wrote:I just recall when I was pissing and moaning about the circumstances during the Husker Big 12 farewell tour and how Tejas would be the ruin of the Big 12 and ultimately thumb their noses at shorthorn bootlicker programs, you vehemently disagreed and said it was nothing more than sour grapes.
Most NUFan in here were god damn crybabies last year. Hell, you guys got 2nd place for BBOTY when you really should have won it. We'll just play our season and say sayonara no matter what happens this season. I will NOT go out like you guys did.
H4ever
Eternal Scobode

Post by H4ever »

Sudden Sam wrote:The SEC is the place to be: Muschamp, A&M...who's next?

Oklahoma? Texas in 10 years after they go independent and eventually get shunned by the BCS when being a member of a "superconference" is a prerequisite to playing in the BCS title game? that would be sweet. Change the game and end up getting shut out and then come crawling back begging to get in somewhere because there's no money in BCS II league