Free Agent Frenzy - It's a Seller's Market

talking about who was arrested today

Moderators: Shoalzie, Biggie

R-Jack
Non Sequitur Legend

Re: Free Agent Frenzy - It's a Seller's Market

Post by R-Jack »

Pats are a shell of themselves from the Super Bowl years. This isn't the same team that you could throw a malcontent into and have the locker room make him toe the line. Haynesworthless is also a little worse than Randy Moss or Corey Dillon in that he's even lazier and more of a whiner than either of those two, but a moron, a criminal and a deplorable pile of shit as a person to boot.
MgoBlue-LightSpecial
Eternal Scobode

Post by MgoBlue-LightSpecial »

Ocho Stinko also headed to NE. This will be interesting.
Screw_Michigan
Angry Snowflake

Post by Screw_Michigan »

R-Jack wrote:Haynesworthless is also a little worse than Randy Moss or Corey Dillon in that he's even lazier and more of a whiner than either of those two, but a moron, a criminal and a deplorable pile of shit as a person to boot.
Albert Haynesworth wrote:
Today in court, Haynesworth responded, “I didn’t touch her,” adding that he doesn’t “even like black girls.”
kcdave wrote: Sat Sep 09, 2023 8:05 am
I was actually going to to join in the best bets activity here at good ole T1B...The guy that runs that contest is a fucking prick
Derron wrote: Sat Oct 03, 2020 3:07 pm
You are truly one of the worst pieces of shit to ever post on this board. Start giving up your paycheck for reparations now and then you can shut the fuck up about your racist blasts.
Yer a Fuckin Jerkoff
2023/24 3BB Champion, 2022/2023 3BB CoChampion

Post by Yer a Fuckin Jerkoff »

Nnamdi agrees to a deal with the Jets. :shock:

They just locked up the AFC with that signing.....good luck getting more than 200 combined yards on the Jets per game this year. Holy shit.
poptart
Quitty McQuitface

Post by poptart »

The Pats snagging Haynesworth for a 5th in '13 looks genius to me.

30 years old, defensive player of the year just a few years back.
Seems his contract will call for him to be paid around 12 million dollars over the next two seasons before a big 20 million bonus payout kicks in in '13.

So they have him onboard for two years at a very modest price.
Then cut bait if they want.

Character issues?

Yes, but we've seen it before with New England - Moss, Dillon.

If Albert fuggs up in NE, and now over the 30 year old hump, he'll likely not be looking at that much of a future (financially) in the NFL.

I think he'll be fairly motivated and NE gets over with this deal.

jmo

YaFJ wrote:Nnamdi agrees to a deal with the Jets
I don't see a link for the signing.

Where did you see this?

Not that I don't doubt it, because I think it's a strong possibility.
Go Coogs'
Eternal Scobode

Post by Go Coogs' »

Texans had a good day.

They lock up D. Manning and J. Joseph; the two glaring needs on defense. Now there is talk of a trade for Sheldon Brown, but not sure how true the rumor is, so I won't be holding my breath.

Houston should now be considered a contender. Yeah, I said it.
88 wrote:Go Coogs' (Regular Season Total Points Champ)
ucantdoitdoggieSTyle2
Eternal Scobode

Post by ucantdoitdoggieSTyle2 »

mvscal wrote:Fat Albert Haynesworth to New England? I thought that fat, worthless fuck didn't want to play in a 3-4. It will be interesting to see how his cry baby act goes over with the Gaytriots.
I believe New England dead last in third down defense and dead last against the pass. Mostly because they had no pass rush whatsoever. It's not like he can make the defense any worse than it was. I imagine they'll go 4-3 on the downs that Haynesworth is in there. Assuming he makes the team, that is...

As far as the Chad Johnson trade goes, this has been talked about for years. While you can question his age and decreasing value... no one has ever questioned his heart or desire. Unlike Moss, he isn't afraid to go over the middle. I see little downside here. Can't work out any worse than last year's Torry Holt signing
jiminphilly
2014 JFFL Champion

Post by jiminphilly »

ucantdoitdoggieSTyle2 wrote:
mvscal wrote:Fat Albert Haynesworth to New England? I thought that fat, worthless fuck didn't want to play in a 3-4. It will be interesting to see how his cry baby act goes over with the Gaytriots.
I believe New England dead last in third down defense and dead last against the pass. Mostly because they had no pass rush whatsoever. It's not like he can make the defense any worse than it was. I imagine they'll go 4-3 on the downs that Haynesworth is in there. Assuming he makes the team, that is...

:lol:
jiminphilly
2014 JFFL Champion

Post by jiminphilly »

Never saw this coming..
Nnamdi Asomugha has agreed to a contract with the Philadelphia Eagles.

The deal is worth $60 million over five years, a league source told ESPN NFL Insider Adam Schefter.

The former Oakland Raiders cornerback appeared headed to the Dallas Cowboys, but Asomugha's agent said Friday evening the Cowboys were not in consideration.
Shoalzie
WingNut

Post by Shoalzie »

Props IgleFan...sick corners with Nnamdi, Samuels and DRC.
DiT
Eternal Scobode

Post by DiT »

Jackson needs to get his ass to camp
jiminphilly wrote:
SaladTosser wrote:What's going on here?

A few of us are ruining some tube socks.
mvscal
Blank

Post by mvscal »

ucantdoitdoggieSTyle2 wrote:I believe New England dead last in third down defense and dead last against the pass. Mostly because they had no pass rush whatsoever. It's not like he can make the defense any worse than it was. I imagine they'll go 4-3 on the downs that Haynesworth is in there. Assuming he makes the team, that is...
“He can do almost anything he wants. He doesn’t want to do anything. To me that’s the issue,” Haslett said. “He’s one of those guys you walk in a meeting and you tell him, ‘Put down the phone.’ The next day you have to tell him to put down the phone. The next day, you tell him to put down the phone.

“You tell him, ‘Don’t read the newspaper in meetings.’ The next day you have to tell him the same thing. It doesn’t stick; it’s an every-day thing.”

“He just didn’t want to play in this scheme. He didn’t want to play in the 3-4,” Haslett continued. “He didn’t want to do the things we wanted. Then we said, ‘OK, if you’re not going to do it, let’s not do it. Let’s play nickel, play the 3-technique.’

“Then, it got to the point where he said, ‘I don’t want to play first- and second-down nickel. I just want to play third-down nickel.’ Oh my God, you’re relegating yourself to 10-15 snaps a game. Then after that he didn’t want to do the blitzes, he just wanted to rush.”
No doubt that with such a unquestioned work ethic we can all be sure Albert has kept himself in top condition during the hold out. I'm sure he's rarin' and ready to go.
Screw_Michigan wrote: Fri Apr 05, 2019 4:39 pmUnlike you tards, I actually have functioning tastebuds and a refined pallet.
Screw_Michigan
Angry Snowflake

Post by Screw_Michigan »

Well, sucks to be in the NFC East if you're not an Iggle fan.
kcdave wrote: Sat Sep 09, 2023 8:05 am
I was actually going to to join in the best bets activity here at good ole T1B...The guy that runs that contest is a fucking prick
Derron wrote: Sat Oct 03, 2020 3:07 pm
You are truly one of the worst pieces of shit to ever post on this board. Start giving up your paycheck for reparations now and then you can shut the fuck up about your racist blasts.
poptart
Quitty McQuitface

Post by poptart »

I didn't expect the Iggles, but a large market on the east coast is what I suspected.

Philly paid a lot of coin for a guy who's now on the wrong side of 30, and that sort of goes against their typical M.O.

Well, they've landed a guy who can be counted on to play very well.

He's a solid citizen, a good team guy, and an excellent overall player.

Nice addition... even though he's a gay boy. :wink:
Shoalzie
WingNut

Post by Shoalzie »

Newton signs for only $22 million...I like this new rookie pay scale already.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d5d8 ... thers-camp

Fairley (the 13th pick) signed for $10 million...under the old CBA, Suh signed for $40 million guaranteed and Stafford got $41.7 million guaranteed.
Yer a Fuckin Jerkoff
2023/24 3BB Champion, 2022/2023 3BB CoChampion

Post by Yer a Fuckin Jerkoff »

Holy shit I heard it was a lock that he was going to be a Jet the other night and now he signs with the Eagles. Damn. I thought for sure he went to the Jets.
R-Jack
Non Sequitur Legend

Post by R-Jack »

Shoalzie wrote:Newton signs for only $22 million...I like this new rookie pay scale already.
Still much larger than his last signing bonus.
ChargerMike
2007/2011 JFFL champ

Post by ChargerMike »

Yer a Fuckin Jerkoff wrote:Holy shit I heard it was a lock that he was going to be a Jet the other night and now he signs with the Eagles. Damn. I thought for sure he went to the Jets.

...I told ya'll he was going to the eggles.
JIP said...Hell, Michael Sam has more integrity than you do.

kcdave
crusader

Post by kcdave »

Plaxico to the Jets. Probably not a good idea going right back to NY.
The Assassin
Raider Fan

Post by The Assassin »

has free agency started yet?

signed
Al Davis
Al Davis=Fidel Castro
poptart
Quitty McQuitface

Post by poptart »

I see the Chefs signed J. Gaither.

Oakland had him in, gave him a long look - and declined to sign him.
Failed physical is the word.

If Gaither is healthy and right, he's a big asset for a team at LT.
It's a BIG if, though.

Hue Jackson knew Gaither from Baltimore, and Oakland has a long history of being very liberal and hopeful about signing guys with upside who have questionable character and/or physical issues.
The fact that they passed on Gaither, especially in light of their O-Line concerns makes me think there is really something not right with the guy.

I dunno.

Interesting signing by KC.