What to make of the trades the Flyers made.

Get the Puck out of here...

Moderator: Shoalzie

jiminphilly
2014 JFFL Champion

What to make of the trades the Flyers made.

Post by jiminphilly »

The Flyers needed a goal tender and even with the increase in the cap money, they weren't going to be able to sign him without moving some big pieces. I knew Carter was on the block because his contract was fairly attractive and with the development of JVR, Carter became expendable.

I didn't see the trade of Richards coming. He's a bit of a pussy when it comes to speaking to the media but on ice he's as gritty as they come and I like his game a lot. That being said, there was a lack of leadership on the team and it started from the top.

The moves created cap space to sign Ilya Bryzgalov and sign Ville Leino to a longer term deal but I suspect there is at least 1 more deal to be made. I guess we'll know more by today.
MuchoBulls
Tremendous Slouch

Re: What to make of the trades the Flyers made.

Post by MuchoBulls »

Agree with you that trading Richards was a bit of a surprise.
Dreams......Temporary Madness
Screw_Michigan
Angry Snowflake

Post by Screw_Michigan »

So you guys still don't have a goaltender. Got it.
kcdave wrote: Sat Sep 09, 2023 8:05 am
I was actually going to to join in the best bets activity here at good ole T1B...The guy that runs that contest is a fucking prick
Derron wrote: Sat Oct 03, 2020 3:07 pm
You are truly one of the worst pieces of shit to ever post on this board. Start giving up your paycheck for reparations now and then you can shut the fuck up about your racist blasts.
jiminphilly
2014 JFFL Champion

Post by jiminphilly »

Screw_Michigan wrote:So you guys still don't have a goaltender. Got it.

Shutouts by Flyers' goalies 2010-2011 season - 0
Shutouts by Ilya Bryzgalov - 7

That alone should tell you something about how bad the goaltending situation was in Philly.
Shoalzie
WingNut

Post by Shoalzie »

The Carter deal to Columbus was rumored for a while...no shock there. The Richards deal to the Kings is a big surprise but it sounds like they want to in another direction with their leadership of the team. They still have a terrific young core with Giroux and VanRiemsdyk and now adding Schenn but they turnover the leadership to guys like Pronger and Timonen and Briere. Sounds to me like they moved two bad apples...talented apples at that though. Richards with his rep for being a party animal should interesting to follow now that he's in LA. Helluva of duo with him and Kopitar though...the Kings don't wait on Schenn and snag an established center.

The Bryzgalov deal is a major leap of faith...two straight ousters in the first round of the playoffs. The trend in the league is to lock up your franchise goalie so he was one of the few guys that was available. If they wait a year from now, a guy like Pekka Rinne would've been available as a UFA if the Preds don't decide to lock him up and there are young goalies in waiting around the league like Schneider and Bernier...they choose the experience route. The Wings wore him out this year but I think part of that had to do with the team in front of him. Yandle got exposed, they were without Morris and their old defense core couldn't do much about the Wings speed and puck movement. The Flyers have a much better defense to put in front him.
jiminphilly
2014 JFFL Champion

Post by jiminphilly »

Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!

The Flyers have signed winger Jaromir Jagr, the five-time NHL scoring champion.

Read more: http://www.philly.com/philly/blogs/inqf ... z1QsQa1b7s
Watch sports videos you won't find anywhere else
Screw_Michigan
Angry Snowflake

Post by Screw_Michigan »

Fucking bwhaha!
kcdave wrote: Sat Sep 09, 2023 8:05 am
I was actually going to to join in the best bets activity here at good ole T1B...The guy that runs that contest is a fucking prick
Derron wrote: Sat Oct 03, 2020 3:07 pm
You are truly one of the worst pieces of shit to ever post on this board. Start giving up your paycheck for reparations now and then you can shut the fuck up about your racist blasts.
Left Seater
36,000 ft above the chaos

Post by Left Seater »

Simple.

They needed to get rid of some booze bags.
Moving Sale wrote:I really are a fucking POS.
Softball Bat wrote: I am the dumbest motherfucker ever to post on the board.