Anyone get any cool new stuff?

Oh Billy Billy Billy...

Moderator: Dinsdale

Dinsdale
Lord Google

Anyone get any cool new stuff?

Post by Dinsdale »

I seem to remember C'o'o'gs bought some new irons last year.

I was in a holding pattern, but I got a smokin' deal (free) on some new sticks, which hopefully I'll give a whirl in the next couple of days.

Gots me a set of these:

Titleist 822OS. Not brand spanking new (they've been out of production a few years), but pretty much perfect condition. They have the regular-flex steel shafts(I believe Titleist puts their own label on Tru Tempers, I think), which is fine, although I prefer the extra-stiff for irons, but I'm cool with the R flex.

I'm kind of a fan of the oversized heads -- I like heavy irons.

I'm not a fan of offset hosels, so we'll see how that works for me. The online reviews I've read seem to think the offset doesn't have as big an effect as most, so we'll see. Offsets usually make it hard to hit a high fade, but since I can't fade an iron worth a crap anyway (draw is no prob), I should be OK there.

Haven't even hit a ball with them yet -- but just taking practice hacks in the yard, they just feel right. Sorry Tommy Armour, but I hope you like the smell of mothballs.

Another weird score -- they also came with an old Titleist 975D driver. While the 975's were a dime-a-dozen several years back (I think one of my friends still plays with one... hits it a freaking mile, too), this one is goofy, due to having a steel freaking shaft. Been a long time since I've seen a steel shaft driver. Although I also have the 975 3W, which I'll probably replace my 3W with (I only use a 3W off the tee, since one day I just swore off hitting the 3W off the deck, since I'd rather hack a hybrid, which isn't quite as long, but seems to end up closer to those par 5's... someday I'll ditch the 3W altogether, and get a 17* or 19* hybrid).

Chomping at the bit to prove I can play badly with the new sticks.

Anyone get any cool shit lately?
I got 99 problems but the 'vid ain't one
BSmack
2005 and 2010 JFFL Champion

Re: Anyone get any cool new stuff?

Post by BSmack »

All I got were 6 tickets to the LPGA Championship this week. Going to head out tomorrow or Wednesday for a practice round. The other 5 tickets will be divided between one or two rounds of the tournament depending on how many buddies want to stare at Paula Creamer's ass. I'm thinking Saturday and maybe Thursday/Friday.
"Once upon a time, dinosaurs didn't have families. They lived in the woods and ate their children. It was a golden age."

—Earl Sinclair

"I do have respect for authority even though I throw jelly dicks at them.

- Antonio Brown
Felix
2012 JAFFL Champ

Post by Felix »

got a Newport 2.5 Studio Select 33" with 20 gram weights (shorter and heavier) Image with some tournament money I won last year....got it at the end of the season last year and have only used it in about 7 rounds, but so far, I like it a lot

much better than my old T3 Cameron.....

and before you call me crazy, understand that my father always told me that you should spend prize money on something you'd never go out and pay cash for.....I would never go out and drop $300+ on a new putter....

say, is anybody looking for a new (to them) Cameron Teryllium putter?
BSmack wrote:want to stare at Paula Creamer's ass.

gulbis is really easy on the eyes as well

get out, get out while there's still time
indyfrisco
Pro Bonfire

Post by indyfrisco »

Dinsdale wrote:Gots me a set of these:

That was the last set of irons I had. I still have them, but they now reside in the condo in Florida as my set of clubs down there so I don't have to travel with a bulky bag. I got a set of Callaway X-20s a couple years ago to replace the 822OS set. I absolutely love my X-20s even though I don't hit them as far as I did my 822OS irons. My swing has gotten exponentially better in the past couple years so I am thinking that I could probably hit the 882OS set again if I wanted. I need to get the grips redone though. I put "old man grips" on them (that's what our PGA pro calls them at least).

And don't apologize to your old set of irons. You'll hold onto them. Another saying from my pro is "ALWAYS have two putters. That bitch needs to know it can be replaced if it gets out of line" or something similar...seems like good enough advice for irons too.

Felix, I'm a little curious what your old Cameron putter is on the market for. I've always wanted one too, but I've not been able to convince myself to drop that kind of coin on a putter. I won't be winning any tourney anytime soon so I can't count on prize money. The caveat is this...I got the yips so bad about 10 years ago. I wouldl line up a 5 foot putt, get over the ball and there would be one of two outcomes: 1. I would leave it 4 feet short or 2. I would blow it 20 foot by. At the time, I was using one of these:

I was so disgusted with golf I almost quit. Back then, I was a good golfer, but I lost it. I would hit 15 GIR and have 12 3+ putts. On day, I don't know why I did it, but I kept my right-handed grip and used the back of the putter and hit is left-handed, so basically a cross-handed left handed stroke. NO YIPS! I was still cooning the fuck out of the wedge due to the yips, but my putting woes seemed to go away. I got pretty good putting lefty that way so I decided to get a left-handed putter. 10 years later and I am now using a left-handed belly putter.

Now, my putting is really holding me back. I'm getting a shitoad of 2 putts from 10 feet and shooting 82-85. I really need to start sinking some putts. I still have problems standing over the ball on the left side and reading the green. I want to go back right-handed, but I don't want to drop a lot of money on a putter that ultimately may make it back to the closet if results are not optimal. So...whatta ya say?
Goober McTuber wrote:One last post...
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

Felix wrote: gulbis is really easy on the eyes as well

But apparently not the ears.

Couplefew years ago, during the Safeway Open, a local sports talk station was remote at the course. Being dudes, they naturally wanted her as a guest.

And on air, she was pleasant enough.

As soon as it was over, the hosts were pretty much "I never want to be in the same room as that nasty shrew again, and rest assured she'll never be asked on our show again. Very rude and disrespectful person, who pours on the charm when the cameras are rolling."
indyfrisco
Pro Bonfire

Post by indyfrisco »

Dinsdale wrote:But apparently not the ears.
I've never made a deposit in the spank bank based on a chick's voice, and I'm not going to start now. She can talk like Marlee Matlin for all I care. That is one fabulous ass she has there.
Screw_Michigan
Angry Snowflake

Post by Screw_Michigan »

I took a bus up to Congressional the Saturday before the tournament when only the merchandise tent was open and got a shirt. I don't mind spending a little extra for the polyester golf shirts because they last forever and look sharp. Took an hour and 15 min each way from CCC to my cardboard box in SW DC.

You should have seen the fucking main merchandise tent, looked like a fucking department store in there. Bring your wallet, too.

kcdave wrote: Sat Sep 09, 2023 8:05 am
I was actually going to to join in the best bets activity here at good ole T1B...The guy that runs that contest is a fucking prick
Derron wrote: Sat Oct 03, 2020 3:07 pm
You are truly one of the worst pieces of shit to ever post on this board. Start giving up your paycheck for reparations now and then you can shut the fuck up about your racist blasts.
Dr_Phibes
P.H.D - M.B.E. - O.B.E.

Post by Dr_Phibes »

Only 20 fulas, debuts at Guelph Lakes on Saturday

BSmack

Post by BSmack »

Screw_Michigan wrote:I took a bus up to Congressional the Saturday before the tournament when only the merchandise tent was open and got a shirt. I don't mind spending a little extra for the polyester golf shirts because they last forever and look sharp. Took an hour and 15 min each way from CCC to my cardboard box in SW DC.

You should have seen the fucking main merchandise tent, looked like a fucking department store in there. Bring your wallet, too.
When the PGA hits Oak Hill in 2013, I expect to see the exact same thing. There is nothing they won't sell with a PGA logo on it.

Got one in red for my dad for Father's Day from a big box sporting goods store around here. He was quite happy with it.
"Once upon a time, dinosaurs didn't have families. They lived in the woods and ate their children. It was a golden age."

—Earl Sinclair

- Antonio Brown
indyfrisco
Pro Bonfire

Post by indyfrisco »

Actually, when I was in Florida a couple months ago, we hit the outlets, and I did pick up 5 Nike golf outfits. Various matching Dri-Fit shirts and Dri-Fit shorts and some Dri-Fit socks. Last year, I bought a lot of Dri-Fit Under Armor underwear. It is amazing how cool and dry you can stay in the sweltering heat wearing these Dri-Fit clothes.
Goober McTuber
World Renowned Last Word Whore

Post by Goober McTuber »

BSmack wrote:
Screw_Michigan wrote:I took a bus up to Congressional the Saturday before the tournament when only the merchandise tent was open and got a shirt. I don't mind spending a little extra for the polyester golf shirts because they last forever and look sharp. Took an hour and 15 min each way from CCC to my cardboard box in SW DC.

When the PGA hits Oak Hill in 2013, I expect to see the exact same thing. There is nothing they won't sell with a PGA logo on it.

And where exactly is the PGA logo on that shirt?
Joe in PB wrote: Yeah I'm the dumbass
schmick, speaking about Larry Nassar's pubescent and prepubescent victims wrote: They couldn't even kick that doctors ass

Seems they rather just lay there, get fucked and play victim
Felix
2012 JAFFL Champ

Post by Felix »

IndyFrisco wrote:It is amazing how cool and dry you can stay in the sweltering heat wearing these Dri-Fit clothes.
Dri-Fit shirts are the fucking bomb....I tend to sweat, and I can wear a dark color Dri-Fit shirt when it gets into the 90's out here without feeling like I'm in the middle of the Louisiana bayou.....
BSmack

Post by BSmack »

Goober McTuber wrote:And where exactly is the PGA logo on that shirt?
Goober, you ignorant slut. I was referring to the propensity of ALL major tournament sponsoring organizations to sell anything and everything with their logo on it. In the case of Oak Hill it will be the PGA. Christ you are unbelievably thick.

—Earl Sinclair

- Antonio Brown
Goober McTuber

Post by Goober McTuber »

BSmack wrote:
Goober, you ignorant slut. I was referring to the propensity of ALL major tournament sponsoring organizations to sell anything and everything with their logo on it. In the case of Oak Hill it will be the PGA. Christ you are unbelievably thick.
So I take it there's not actually a PGA logo on the shirt? You're approaching a smackaholic level of clarity. Props.
schmick, speaking about Larry Nassar's pubescent and prepubescent victims wrote: They couldn't even kick that doctors ass

Screw_Michigan
Angry Snowflake

Post by Screw_Michigan »

There is no PGA logo on the shirt. Why are you provoking this battle?
kcdave wrote: Sat Sep 09, 2023 8:05 am
I was actually going to to join in the best bets activity here at good ole T1B...The guy that runs that contest is a fucking prick
Derron wrote: Sat Oct 03, 2020 3:07 pm
You are truly one of the worst pieces of shit to ever post on this board. Start giving up your paycheck for reparations now and then you can shut the fuck up about your racist blasts.
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

I fucking HATE defending B, but come on guys...

Bri posted a pic of ashirt he bought. It's a US Open shirt... and the US Open, as you probably know, and definitely should know, isn't a PGA event (althoug they do use it for FeE points and rankings and whanot), therefore won't have a PGA logo (but probaly is sporting at least one USGA logo).

The PGA Championship is a PGA event, hence it's put on by the PGA, and the gear will have PGA logos.
BSmack

Post by BSmack »

Goober McTuber wrote:
BSmack wrote:
So I take it there's not actually a PGA logo on the shirt? You're approaching a smackaholic level of clarity. Props.
Sorry for being so unclear. I guess I just assumed that someone posting on the GOLF forum would know who sponsors the four biggest golf tournaments around.

—Earl Sinclair

- Antonio Brown
Goober McTuber

Post by Goober McTuber »

BSmack wrote:Sorry for being so unclear. I guess I just assumed that someone posting on the GOLF forum would know who sponsors the four biggest golf tournaments around.
Sorry, I channel-surf during the commercials. Not familair with the sponsors.

BSmack

Post by BSmack »

Goober,

For future reference, the Major Tournaments are sponsored and hosted by...

The Masters: Augusta National

The US Open: The USGA

The Open: R&A

PGA Championship: The PGA of America

Each organization secures their own TV coverage and sponsors. Also, they each have their own logo. I can't speak for the Open Championship, but I know for a fact that Augusta National, USGA and PGA of America are shameless about slamming their logo on whatever they can that will sell. And then charging a pretty penny to buy the gear at the tournament. When I said "They will put a PGA logo on anything," I was referring to the PGA of America and the event they will be holding in Rochester two years hence AND drawing a comparison between that event and the scene Screwy saw at Congressional this year.

—Earl Sinclair

- Antonio Brown
Goober McTuber

Post by Goober McTuber »

I think I'd rather have the Cullman Liquidators t-shirt.

Go Coogs'
Eternal Scobode

Post by Go Coogs' »

Nice set of sticks you got there, Dins.

I've played twice since October, so purchasing a new driver is completely out of the question until I can play more golf. Overtime is fucking insane right now and it doesn't plan on stopping for another six months.

Red Stone Golf Club (home of the Shell Houston Open) has setup a new Taylormade Fitting Center w/ 3d swing analysis to find the perfect head and shaft to fit your swing. When I do start playing more, I'll be headed out there to get custom fitted for a new R11.
88 wrote:Go Coogs' (Regular Season Total Points Champ)
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

I'm not all that hot and bothered for a new driver at this time.

Sure, I wouldn't mind one, but I'm still happy with my ancient Callaway ERC2.

I guess if I played in a real tournament (hahahaha), they'd have a beef with it, since the PGA and USGA outlawed them shortly after their release... but they were released in like 2001 or 2002 or thereabouts, so I don't really think I'm gaining an unfair advantage with a 10 year old club.

Face and shaft aren't worn out yet, and I can hit it a ridiculously long way... occasionally in the fairway. But it's fairly forgiving.

Although, I've been wanting to give the new Callaway, th Wheteverthehecktheycallit. Maybe I'm too brand-loyal, but I've always really liked the Callaway drivers.
indyfrisco
Pro Bonfire

Post by indyfrisco »

I've got a 2010 Callaway FT1. Greatest driver I've ever owned. I special ordered it through our pro shop. I got it was a XX stiff shaft. Callaway uses some fucking terminology I don't understand...something like Rifleshaft 7.0 or some shit. My pro said it was an XX shaft. I also ordered it was a +3" shaft. Since my swing speed is around 120 mph, I wanted something longer so I can bomb the fuck outa it which I do, in comparison to my normal group.

That's what amazes me about the pros. I have about the same swing speed as some of the big hitters, but they would fly my normal ~300 yard tee shot by 20 yards and then get some roll. I get no roll, usually even some backspin. I don't need to hit it further, just straighter. I don't play 7200+ tracks. I'd have no fun and shoot 120 if I did that.

All in all, I love that driver. Usually, once the new wears off, I find something wrong with what I think is the club but it's usually my swing. I'm much more consistent with the swing these days I guess, because I no longer have the snappy hooks or high fades consistently. Occasionally I let one go, but for the most part, I'm loving my controlled 10-20 yard draw or my "feather" fade when needed to get to that back right pin location.
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

IndyFrisco wrote:That's what amazes me about the pros. I have about the same swing speed as some of the big hitters, but they would fly my normal ~300 yard tee shot by 20 yards and then get some roll. I get no roll, usually even some backspin.

They might well be "hotspotting" it.

Ain't how I hit it, but some of the bombers on Tour do.

Hotspotting is, in a nutshell, teeing it higher than a normal drive, and instead of hitting it right off the center of the face/sweet spot, they're hitting it just above that, closer to the top of the face.

The reasons are -- newer, high tech drivers have good reflixivity there, they're made that way. By teeing it higher and hitting off the top, they can actually hit it very slightly on the upswing, rather than dead parallel -- that extra inch or whatever gives them an extra fraction of a second to accelarate, and they can close down later, giving a little extra snap in the impact zone.

Lastly, it keeps the backspin down to optimum aerodynamics for the ball. And the hotspotters, on a dry course anyway, will often play a 7.5* or even lower driver, since they're catching it on the upswing.

Less backspin + lower trajectory = more roll.

When the larger driver faces started coming around 10 years or so ago, I believe it was Big John Daly that pioneered the hotspot technique, and DL3 was an early proponent -- and oddly enough, in the early days of the Driver Revolution, those guys pretty much outbombed everybody.

This info courtesy of a long article in a golf magazine I read several years ago.
indyfrisco
Pro Bonfire

Post by indyfrisco »

Yeah, I didn't think of it from a loft perspective. The tour players get whatever loft they want from the manufacturers. I am stuck with the lowest loft that is available to the general public which in this model was an 8.5*. If I could get a 7.5*, I would. I do hit the ball extremely high, and that is not an easy task with an 8.5*.
indyfrisco
Pro Bonfire

Post by indyfrisco »

Dinsdale wrote:hotspotting
Ana knows hotspotting.

Felix
2012 JAFFL Champ

Post by Felix »

IndyFrisco wrote:I have about the same swing speed as some of the big hitters
I play with lots of guys that swing it 120+, but they simply don't create the angles necessary to generate the kind of distance they could

you may already know about this guy, but if you want to see somebody that creates optimal angles for distance, it's this guy

has a recorded top swing speed of 155 mph with the ball coming off the club at well over 200mph.....WTF

the dude is 5'8" and weighs a buck sixty eight
indyfrisco
Pro Bonfire

Post by indyfrisco »

That's fucking insane. His back looks like it is about to snap in half on that backswing. Bet he's snapped a few shafts in his day. My buddy had a new Taylor Made R5 or some shit a few years back. He was hitting it well and asked me if I wanted to try it. Back then, I had a backswing kinda like that guy where I basically had that club perpindicular to the ground mid backswing. Soon as I got to that point in my backswing with his driver, it snapped. Felt like shit, but luckily he got it reshafted for free by Taylor Made.
Dr_Phibes
P.H.D - M.B.E. - O.B.E.

Post by Dr_Phibes »

Had an Uncle pass on last year and just recently got offered his clubs. There's a Black Rock 'Killer Bee' driver with a 48" shaft so I tried it out this weekend, it's bloody difficult to get the hang of. Couldn't do anything with it 95% of the time, but when you hit the ball right.. fucking hell, it's a cannon.

http://www.inc.com/magazine/19990801/839.html
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

Fibber -- except since 1995, they came up with this crazy new invention called "titanium."

I think Taylor Made's Titanium Tour Driver came out in 1995, and pretty much blew the wave of "gimmick clubs" into the weeds.

But my driver isn't USGA legal, either. It's I believe a 2001-2002 ERC2 Callaway. And I don't feel bad playing with it -- anything I bought new to replace it would be a longer, straighter club... that's just how technology works.

My driver has absolutely been on fire lately. Been launching long, straight, high-trajectory bombs fairly consistantly. Been hitting a good percentage of them 310-325 dead up the middle...

Then I prove how badly I suck when I whiff the shorty coming in, and slap the putter all over the green.

I'm sure once I start getting a handle on the wedges and putter, the driver will go on vacation again.
Felix
2012 JAFFL Champ

Post by Felix »

seems I did pick up something, although I certainly wouldn't call it "cool"
lately I've been hitting what I thought were solid shots, but not getting my usualm distances
I've been about 7-10 yards short the majority of iron shots, and my driver doesn't seem to be going as far as normal.....so, I payed (and paid) a visit to a guy I've gone to for years to see what was amiss

LETS GO TO THE VIDEO

he keeps video copies of all of his pupils swings and we did a comparison from 4 years ago, 3, 2 and last year to this weekend

seems I've slowly but surely been standing further away from the ball, and starting to slump (not bend) over the ball.....power killer from hell.....it seems this is a common occurrance in guys as they get older and less flexible.....the solution? back to the P90X
I hate fucking exercising, but I hate patty caking the ball even worse...it's bad enough that I'm already giving up some big yardage to 20 somethings, fuck if I'm going to give up anymore because I don't like to exercise

wish me luck and godspeed.....

btw, I've been putting lights out with the new Cameron...that and my short game are the only things saving me from total humiliation right now
Dr_Phibes
P.H.D - M.B.E. - O.B.E.

Post by Dr_Phibes »

Dinsdale wrote: I think Taylor Made's Titanium Tour Driver came out in 1995, and pretty much blew the wave of "gimmick clubs" into the weeds.

But my driver isn't USGA legal, either. It's I believe a 2001-2002 ERC2 Callaway. And I don't feel bad playing with it -- anything I bought new to replace it would be a longer, straighter club... that's just how technology works.
It's a gimmick, but hey - this is definitely something to learn how to use. Just researching it on the net and people rave about it, it's a monster. Thing is, you have to know what you're doing or it'll magnify any errors you're making x 10. Like others, I kept slicing it and it's like a flippin boomerang. It's a hard club to work.

Is there an etiquette for using clubs like this? Playing against people you don't know, is it 'cheating' :?
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

I researched your Killer Bee (OK, for about 2 minutes).

Apparently, someone must have bought out the brand. Your original link showed a steel driver from 1995. But I also see there's a 460cc titanium version (there wasn't a driver head even half that size in 1995).

Not sure which vintage you have. If it's a newer 460cc titanium "cheater club," I'm sure it's a rocket-launcher. Hell, I can pound the ball 325 yards with my aforementioned 1995 Taylor Made Titanium Tour Driver (or maybe I can't -- I think I gave that away a while back)... just not nearly as consistantly as with my whopping 315cc Callaway. Oddly enough, when you put the screws (ask an old timer what that means) to just about any driver, it goes a long, long way. But the bigger the face, the bigger an area "the screws" cover.

And if you're a hack, no one cares what kind of clubs you're using.

Hell, pretty much the extent of my competitive/tounament play has been subbing for absentees in some friends' men's league team. When I showed up, I brought a different driver, and made it clear "I have an illegal driver." They laughed, and replied "Pretty sure you're not the only one out here with noncompliant equipment."

I'd draw the line at those wedges with the little spikes on the face -- that's just straight bullshit (and you'll go through balls at an alarming clip).

Besides, you live in Canatucky -- you shouldn't give a poo what the USGA says, right? Wouldn't the RCGA be a better authority?

And if your Killer Bee is that hard to hit straight -- chuck it. Hitting it 300 yards past the OB sticks leaves you saying "damn, I sure hit that a long way," and teeing up another one and hitting 3. I can hit three sand wedges and get 300, too.

Hell, one of my friends, who I haven't played with in a while, has a cool Taylor Made R9... or R7... or one of those cool hip newer TM counterweighted drivers... big boy, too... big enough to make KCScott pop a boner in the gym shower. We chatted golf a few days ago, and he said something about the driver staying in the bag... "I still hit big, and the 3I/SW combo has been my friend."

Throwing numbers like "325" is cool for bragging on internet message boards. Being in the fairway is even cooler when you go to said messageboard and say "I broke 80," or shit like that.

If a club doesn't consistantly keep it on the proper side of the white sticks (or the treeline), leave it in the bag.

Drive for show, hit wedges/short irons for dough. If you're good with the wedges, you don't have to be a magician with the Flat Iron (although it sure doesn't hurt).

Unfortunately, my short irons/wedges AND putter emit an odor lately.

My long game is $$$$$$, though... which is good for mid 80's. Whoop-de-doo. Knock 6 putts and a few crappy approach shots off that, and we're talking.

I know you're new, Phibes, and I'm excited for you. Don't fall in love with the long game... that'll come. Practice greenside chips with as many different trajectories as you're comfortable with (if I'm able-bodied until I'm 100, I still won't be comfortable with greenside flops). I was always taught to stick with one club, be it SW or lob wedge, and learn to hit it from anywhere greenside at different angles (open, closed, hands-in-front, flat swing). And putt, putt, putt, putt. A "standard par" is 72 strokes, 36 of them being with the putter.

That's all you need to know.

In fact, after preaching it, I might have to go set up my cheesey-gay putting matt on the patio. It kinda sucks donkey dick (although I drop balls in the yards and try to chip it in), but at least it's a putter in my hand.
Dr_Phibes
P.H.D - M.B.E. - O.B.E.

Post by Dr_Phibes »

Yeah, sorry for the confusion. The product line did get bought up, it's an original Black Rock from 98, but they put a 360cc titanium head on it just before they went tits up.
The head is small and so is the sweet spot, it's in the shaft, it's so long and got so much flex you can't really gauge where the head is unless you shoot perfectly every time. You muscle it and the shaft snaps, so you have to hold back. Twist or turn the head slightly on your way round and the ball is taking out the local sub-division.
A workout on the driving range shows pretty quick that it's not something to be using.. unless you really know how to use it :x

This is fucking brilliant though
Its loud, gawdy, and flimsy. In other words, it is all that is man. Who needs Enzyte when you can swing this badboy. I give it an A+.
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

My less-than-professional advice:

Chuck it.

You can find a nice used driver for the price of 18 holes.