Fast food wars

It's the 17th Anniversary for T1B - Fuckin' A

Moderator: Jesus H Christ

ElTaco
Networking Securely

Fast food wars

Post by ElTaco »

So back in the day it was on these 'troll' boards that I first heard about In-n-Out burger in CA and a few years later I had the chance to try it during some trips to CA. I was impressed and enjoyed the burgers and fries immensely. I still like their Fries a lot better than the East coast Five guys version, which actually started here in DC. Today it is official, In-n-out burger is the best joint out there, thanks to Science!!!!

http://consumerist.com/2011/06/science- ... worst.html
In a survey of more than 36,000 readers, California-based In-N-Out Burger didn't just garner the highest rating among hamburger chains, it also received the highest marks of all 53 eateries in the survey. Five Guys and Burgerville filled out the rest of the top three burger chains.
Now I don't know if we ever settled the argument in the past, but I'd say this is definitely a big point for the CA peeps. Job well done!
Goober McTuber
World Renowned Last Word Whore

Re: Fast food wars

Post by Goober McTuber »

As one of the commenters said, "How 'scientific' is an opinion survey?"

One word. Culver's.
Joe in PB wrote: Yeah I'm the dumbass
schmick, speaking about Larry Nassar's pubescent and prepubescent victims wrote: They couldn't even kick that doctors ass

Seems they rather just lay there, get fucked and play victim
indyfrisco
Pro Bonfire

Post by indyfrisco »

^^^ This ^^^

Culver's Butter Burgers and crinkle fries. Wash down with some frozen custard.

Thousand Island dressing goes on Big Macs....and In N Out burgers. 'Nuff said.
Goober McTuber wrote:One last post...
Trampis
Eternal Scobode

Post by Trampis »

Plus, this country never seems to run out of beef, not like those faggoty chicken joints.

Rack crinkle frys.
Bad spelling is a diversionary tactic
Shlomart Ben Yisrael
Insha'Allah

Post by Shlomart Ben Yisrael »

ElTaco wrote:...here in DC.

Oh, great...

:meds:

Here we go...

Screwey in 3...2...1...
rock rock to the planet rock ... don't stop
Felix wrote:you've become very bitter since you became jewish......
Kierland drop-kicking Wolftard wrote: Aren’t you part of the silent generation?
Why don’t you just STFU.
Screw_Michigan
Angry Snowflake

Post by Screw_Michigan »

While excellent, I don't consider Culver's "fast food." When I think "fast food" burger joints, I'm thinking McDonalds, Burger King, Five Guys, etc. Do you guys consider Chipoltle fast food?
kcdave wrote: Sat Sep 09, 2023 8:05 am
I was actually going to to join in the best bets activity here at good ole T1B...The guy that runs that contest is a fucking prick
Derron wrote: Sat Oct 03, 2020 3:07 pm
You are truly one of the worst pieces of shit to ever post on this board. Start giving up your paycheck for reparations now and then you can shut the fuck up about your racist blasts.
MgoBlue-LightSpecial
Eternal Scobode

Post by MgoBlue-LightSpecial »

IndyFrisco wrote:Thousand Island dressing goes on Big Macs....and In N Out burgers. 'Nuff said.
Put Thousand Island on my burger... I'll kill ya.
Goober McTuber

Post by Goober McTuber »

Screw_Michigan wrote:While excellent, I don't consider Culver's "fast food." When I think "fast food" burger joints, I'm thinking McDonalds, Burger King, Five Guys, etc. Do you guys consider Chipoltle fast food?
I consider Chipoltle shit food. Just because Culver’s doesn’t cook their burgers until you order them, doesn't mean they aren't fast food. If you can order it and get served in 5 minutes, that's pretty fast.
schmick, speaking about Larry Nassar's pubescent and prepubescent victims wrote: They couldn't even kick that doctors ass

MgoBlue-LightSpecial
Eternal Scobode

Screw_Michigan wrote:While excellent, I don't consider Culver's "fast food." When I think "fast food" burger joints, I'm thinking McDonalds, Burger King, Five Guys, etc.
I don't know why you would consider Five Guys fast fast food, but not Culver's. If anything Culver's is more fast food since it has a drive thru.
Do you guys consider Chipoltle fast food?
Yes
Screw_Michigan
Angry Snowflake

Post by Screw_Michigan »

Who uses a drive-thru at Culvers? Doesn't that defeat the purpose?
I was actually going to to join in the best bets activity here at good ole T1B...The guy that runs that contest is a fucking prick
You are truly one of the worst pieces of shit to ever post on this board. Start giving up your paycheck for reparations now and then you can shut the fuck up about your racist blasts.
MgoBlue-LightSpecial
Eternal Scobode

A drive-thru at a fast food restaurant doesn't defeat the purpose, it reinforces it, moron.
trev
New Sheriff in Town

Post by trev »

IndyFrisco wrote:
No.
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

Burgerville rocks -- if you want to pay $9 for a "fast"-food meal that you have to wait for them to actually butcher the cow and grind it up.

Excellent burger joint though.
I got 99 problems but the 'vid ain't one
Goober McTuber

Post by Goober McTuber »

MgoBlue-LightSpecial wrote:A drive-thru at a fast food restaurant doesn't defeat the purpose, it reinforces it, moron.
:lol:

ucantdoitdoggieSTyle2
Eternal Scobode

Post by ucantdoitdoggieSTyle2 »

Goober McTuber wrote:If you can order it and get served in 5 minutes, that's pretty fast.
How long do you have to wait before getting to the front of the line though? I could see a bottleneck forming around lunch time... whereas your typical McDonald's pumps that shit out like clockwork, because they're jamming a microwaved ass-burger in to a bag and waiting for some fat lemming to come along and Supersize his waistline some more at $8 per 'meal.'
indyfrisco
Pro Bonfire

Post by indyfrisco »

trev wrote:
IndyFrisco wrote:
No.
Yes.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/In-N-Out_Burger
The In-N-Out menu consists of three burger varieties: hamburger, cheeseburger, and "Double-Double" (double meat/double cheese). French fries and fountain drinks are available, as well as three flavors of milkshakes. The hamburgers come with lettuce, tomato, with or without onions (the customer is asked upon ordering, and may have them fresh or grilled), and a sauce, which is called "spread" (a Thousand Island dressing variant).
Whatever the "variant" is...it tastes like Thousand Island dressing. I've had Thousand Island dressing. I've had In N Out burgers. And I didn't think anything could taste worse than that burger, but the fries beat it out in the suck competition. We've had this discussion many a time. I'm ok with you homering your local joint. It's what you grew up with. But don't tell me what the shit does and doesn't taste like. I've had it. I don't need your vodka riddled ass telling me what shit I've had tastes like to me.

Those are shit-burgers with shit-sauce served with shit-fries in a shit-state filled with shit-eating shit-packers, trevvy. Don't you forget that.
-IndyLahey
Shlomart Ben Yisrael
Insha'Allah

I wish I was having some in and out with trev right now...

:(
Why don’t you just STFU.
Goober McTuber

Post by Goober McTuber »

Martyred wrote:I wish I was having some in and out with trev right now...

:(
You sure you wouldn't rather have some HiBoy with Scott?

trev
New Sheriff in Town

Post by trev »

Ok, I stand corrected! I actually haven't even been to In and Out Burger that often. But when I have, I thought it was just ketchup and mustard. I just know they were really tasty. The french fries were awful. I don't think they put a lot of sauce on the burger, which I like. The fresh bread and meat is what you taste. Next time, I will tell them ketchup and mustard for marty-god sakes.

The best burger I had recently was at Johnny Rockets in Vegas.
Mikey
Carbon Neutral since 1955

Post by Mikey »

No, these aren't fast food, but as long as the subject is burgers.

The results are in: The Top 5 burgers in our first ever Battle of the Burgers

(Kirk McKoy / Los Angeles Times)
Almost 90 recipes were submitted in The Times' Battle of the Burgers, and five are named winners.

To any real fan, a hamburger is never "just a burger." A great burger is a work of art, passionately thought out and painstakingly executed. The very extension of the grill master's own identity.

And, of course, determining what makes a burger great can stir as much passion as trying to balance the national budget.

So with the smells of charcoal and propane beginning to perfume backyards across the country, we challenged L.A. Times burgermeisters everywhere to submit their recipes in our first Battle of the Burgers. The response was amazing. Almost 90 recipes were submitted from all over the country, with readers across the nation voting to choose their favorites.

Thousands of votes were tallied to narrow the choices to the top 20 burgers. Top recipes were then put to task in the Los Angeles Times Test Kitchen. The burgers were then judged by Food section editors and staff. It was tough, but after days of testing, exhaustive judging (and maybe a little post-burger napping), we came up with five favorites:

--Times Test Kitchen Manager Noelle Carter

Battle of the Burgers recipe: Red, white and blueberry burger
http://www.latimes.com/features/food/la ... 7426.story

Battle of the Burgers recipe: German Cuban pork burger
http://www.latimes.com/features/food/la ... 3139.story

Battle of the Burgers recipe: Italian Caprese sliders
http://www.latimes.com/features/food/la ... 3692.story

Battle of the Burgers recipe: Mexican cemita burger
http://www.latimes.com/features/food/la ... 5664.story

Battle of the Burgers recipe: Southwest turkey burger
http://www.latimes.com/features/food/la ... 9405.story
trev
New Sheriff in Town

Post by trev »

Mikey, a friend of mine took me to a burger stand in your neck of the woods a couple months ago. She thinks it's the best burgers in the world. This lady is pretty wealthy and eats at the best places but for a burger, she goes to this stand at the side of the road next to a gas station. I thought they were OK. We ate at a picnic table. It was kinda 'special.' Forgot the name of the place. Know the place I'm talking about?
MgoBlue-LightSpecial
Eternal Scobode

Some place next to a gas station. Real descriptive, trev. Sloshed at lunch time?
trev
New Sheriff in Town

Post by trev »

Ok, it was a burger stand on the side of the road just off the freeway next to a gas station. No landscaping, no frill or anything. Just a parking lot. How often do you see that? Not here anyway.
ucantdoitdoggieSTyle2
Eternal Scobode

Post by ucantdoitdoggieSTyle2 »

The best burger I ever had was at this vendor outside of some biker joint in San Bernadino. It was about 3 a.m. and it was loaded with sphere pickles and special sauce. I forget the name of the place... as I fucking blacked out on a picnic table. Know what I am talkin' about?

Sin,
trev
MgoBlue-LightSpecial
Eternal Scobode

A man describing a location: Ever been to In-N-Out? It's on the north side of Miller between Hall and Washington.

A woman describing a location: Ever been to that place that has really good burgers? It's on some road near that one part of town next to a gas station.
indyfrisco
Pro Bonfire

Post by indyfrisco »

MgoBlue-LightSpecial wrote:A man describing a location: Ever been to In-N-Out? It's on the north side of Miller between Hall and Washington.

A woman describing a location: Ever been to that place that has really good burgers? It's on some road near that one part of town next to a gas station.
:lol:

Man #1: Where's Gap?
Man #2: Go in the north entrance by the movie theatre and take a left at the food court. 2nd store on the right. In N Out...

Woman #1: Where's Gap?
Woman #2: At the mall next to that store that has those clothes close to the escalator.

Screw_Michigan
Angry Snowflake

Post by Screw_Michigan »

^^^ Rack all three of you.
trev
New Sheriff in Town

Post by trev »

Yes, rack you all, but.....bode me. I typed in burger stand + location and the first thing that came up?

Nessy Burger. Here is it. The best burgers in the world, according to my friend. We split one, so for 3 bucks we both ate the best burger in the world.

Goober McTuber

Post by Goober McTuber »

trev wrote:Nessy Burger. Here is it. The best burgers in the world, according to my friend.
Does your friend drink as much as you do? If so, who drove?

indyfrisco
Pro Bonfire

Post by indyfrisco »

trev wrote:Yes, rack you all, but.....bode me. I typed in burger stand + location and the first thing that came up?

Nessy Burger. Here is it. The best burgers in the world, according to my friend. We split one, so for 3 bucks we both ate the best burger in the world.

You Calis can keep your fucking Thousand Island...

http://www.sandiegofoodblog.com/2010/11 ... urger.html
Nessy is a stand on the side of the road, next to a gas station.

You have to eat at one of the laminated tables (is that the right word?), linoleum? Laminated? And usually have to share with someone, or eat it in your car. I ate mine standing outside the car.

They use good meat for their burgers, and season it lightly, but perceptibly. You can taste their cheese, and they have a special thousand island type sauce, and ketchup, and onions, and tomato, all freshly cut, that add up to be one of the best tasting cheeseburgers you will ever have.
trev
New Sheriff in Town

Post by trev »

Goober McTuber wrote:
trev wrote:Nessy Burger. Here is it. The best burgers in the world, according to my friend.
Does your friend drink as much as you do? If so, who drove?
She can out drink me 10 to 1. I drove. :hfal:
trev
New Sheriff in Town

Post by trev »

Indy, you can simply order your burger without sauce and put your own ketchup and mustard or whatever on it. Quit hating on So Cal. You are just jealous!
indyfrisco
Pro Bonfire

Post by indyfrisco »

I know I can order my burger my own way. Personally, I just like a spicy brown stone ground mustard, grilled onions, tomater, lettuce and pickles on my burger. Sure, cheese, bacon, mushroom & swiss.

I just don't understand how people like the 1000 Island. And it's not just Calis. Big Macs have that shit too and those sell by the billions across the country. I can see someone eating it and thinking it is fine. Not my cup of tea. I just don't see how so many on the west coast think it is the best there ever was unless it is just homerism at work which I write it off as.
trev
New Sheriff in Town

Post by trev »

Not homerism here. I'll give credit where due. You can get a good burger just about any section of the U.S. Can you get frozen custard or cincinatti chili here in So Cal? Not that I've seen. You have to go to the midwest to get that.
BSmack
2005 and 2010 JFFL Champion

Post by BSmack »

Chains are for traveling. When I'm in the ROC, this is where I go for the best burgers.

http://www.vicandirvrefreshments.com/
"Once upon a time, dinosaurs didn't have families. They lived in the woods and ate their children. It was a golden age."

—Earl Sinclair

"I do have respect for authority even though I throw jelly dicks at them.

- Antonio Brown
Goober McTuber

Post by Goober McTuber »

Ground round? Pass.

Mikey
Carbon Neutral since 1955

Post by Mikey »

trev wrote:Yes, rack you all, but.....bode me. I typed in burger stand + location and the first thing that came up?

This place is very popular and almost always crowded. Between the gas station andn the Park 'n Ride. People actually make a point of driving here just to get a burger at Nessy's. As you can see, some people think it's the best place around, and some people think it's crap.

http://www.yelp.com/biz/nessy-burgers-fallbrook

I've eaten there once or twice in the 12 years I've been here. It's a nice, big, greasy burger but I wouldn't go out of my way to get one and, even though it's pretty close by, I'd have to go out of my way to get one. It's right next to the freeway entrance we use to head south on I15 and when I pass by I'm usually on my way out or on my way home, and not usually at lunch time.

Edit: Almost forgot. Their soft drinks are sodas in a can, and they charge like $2.00 or something. The secret is to go to the minimart next door at the Union 76 and get a fountain drink. Twice the soda for half the price.
Atomic Punk
antagonist

Post by Atomic Punk »

IndyFrisco wrote: I just don't understand how people like the 1000 Island. And it's not just Calis. Big Macs have that shit too and those sell by the billions across the country. I can see someone eating it and thinking it is fine. Not my cup of tea. I just don't see how so many on the west coast think it is the best there ever was unless it is just homerism at work which I write it off as.
Me neither and I agree with your take on In~n~Out. Surprised I agree with you on a smack board? Anyway, I&O's main selling point is their ingredients are fresh. I can't stand that Thousand Island-type sauce either. The fresh cut fries they make on the spot with the potato cutter in drive-thru "view" just gives you a bunch of flavorless fries that might be described as eating salted styrofoam. The fries have zero taste unless you add salt and ketchup/catsup. McD's and Carl's Jr have waaay better fries.

Those that have had an I&O burger that haven't had much experience with them seem to be impressed. Yes, they are cheap for the $$$ and they run a good buisness. The tourists that love the novelty have no idea what an LA-based "Tommy's World Famous" chili burgers are all about and pass upon the I&O tourist buzz.

Tommy's is a very unhealthy, sloppy but the best thing ever from a franchise IMO. There are rip-off joints that mimic the Tommy's name (i.e. Tommie's) and they suck balls and should be sued for fraud. It is so wrong to eat, but so damn good.

Other than that, non-franchised burger joints kick ass over everything.
BSmack wrote:Best. AP take. Ever.

Seriously. I don't disagree with a word of it.
mvscal
Blank

Post by mvscal »

IndyFrisco wrote:I just don't understand how people like the 1000 Island.
What's not to like? Mayo, ketchup, Worcestershire sauce, chopped pickles. I'll take an animal style double double over any shitburger you've ever had any day.
Screw_Michigan wrote: Fri Apr 05, 2019 4:39 pmUnlike you tards, I actually have functioning tastebuds and a refined pallet.
Shlomart Ben Yisrael
Insha'Allah

mvscal wrote:I'll take an animal style double double over any shitburger you've ever had any day.
Excuse me, but what the fuck is an "animal style double double"?
Why don’t you just STFU.