peach cobbler

"Hey Mikey"

Moderator: Mikey

mvscal
Blank

Re: peach cobbler

Post by mvscal »

Do you use canned peaches in syrup or fresh or what?
Screw_Michigan wrote: Fri Apr 05, 2019 4:39 pmUnlike you tards, I actually have functioning tastebuds and a refined pallet.
Mikey
Carbon Neutral since 1955

Post by Mikey »

mvscal wrote:Do you use canned peaches in syrup or fresh or what?

Those are prolly canned or frozen. I don't think that peaches are in season yet, except maybe late season in South America, New Zealand or Ozzieland.
Goober McTuber
World Renowned Last Word Whore

Post by Goober McTuber »

Mikey wrote:

Those are prolly canned or frozen. I don't think that peaches are in season yet, except maybe late season in South America, New Zealand or Ozzieland.
I'm pretty sure that the picture was snagged on the internet, and not taken in jsc's kitchen. The peaches in the picture look fresh. In fact it looks like two different varieties of peaches were used, white and yellow.

Joe in PB wrote: Yeah I'm the dumbass
schmick, speaking about Larry Nassar's pubescent and prepubescent victims wrote: They couldn't even kick that doctors ass

Seems they rather just lay there, get fucked and play victim
Mikey
Carbon Neutral since 1955

Post by Mikey »

Goober McTuber wrote:
Mikey wrote:

I'm pretty sure that the picture was snagged on the internet, and not taken in jsc's kitchen. The peaches in the picture look fresh. In fact it looks like two different varieties of peaches were used, white and yellow.

You're right. I wonder what Jsc's version actually looks like.

http://www.firehow.com/200912145725/how ... bbler.html
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

Blackberries? You eat that weed?

OK, I do too.They're a couple months off before we get them... and I'm told 95% of the world's (commercially processed) blackberries come from here in the Willamette Valley. I've said it on here before... shit's the nastiest, most invasive weed we have, and I've been cutting the shit out of the yard a bunch, as per usualm. But if yo're going to have a nasty weed you can't ever control, it might as well taste good.

As far as cobbler, maybe things are different in the U&L? To me (and I'm sure if I polle old schoolers they'd agree), "cobbler" is what you have in your pic, with a crust on top. Usually a chunky oaty thing.
I got 99 problems but the 'vid ain't one
indyfrisco
Pro Bonfire

Post by indyfrisco »

Dinsdale wrote:Blackberries? You eat that weed?

OK, I do too.They're a couple months off before we get them... and I'm told 95% of the world's (commercially processed) blackberries come from here in the Willamette Valley. I've said it on here before... shit's the nastiest, most invasive weed we have, and I've been cutting the shit out of the yard a bunch, as per usualm. But if yo're going to have a nasty weed you can't ever control, it might as well taste good.

As far as cobbler, maybe things are different in the U&L? To me (and I'm sure if I polle old schoolers they'd agree), "cobbler" is what you have in your pic, with a crust on top. Usually a chunky oaty thing.
Not sure you remember the conversation we had on this, but when I planted those thornless balckberry bushes, I did so in pots with one excption that I put on the treeline of my woods. I shitcanned the potted ones as the birds ate the few berries that came in and half the plants died in the drought we had. I thought grapes/berries thrived in the heat? Anyhow, the one I planted in the ground has really taken off this spring. I am thinking of getting a shitload more of these thornless variety, brushhogging all the honeysuckle weeds on the treeline and planting shitloads of the blackberries. I imagine it'll take a couplefew years to get enough growth to where the birds can have as much as they want and there be plenty for me. Blackberry wine. Blackberry sorbet. Blackberry cobbler. Blackberry ice cream. Yeah, I'm on board with all of that.
Goober McTuber wrote:One last post...
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

Maybe I'll grab a camera and hop on the bike here at the OLs -- you ain't seen blackberries until you've seen St Johns/North Portland.

As far as the eye can see in the swamps between the river and the neighborhoods (the parts that aren't shipping ports (bigazz wheat terminal up the street -- you shoul see the dustclouds fly when they load up a grainer).

Just gotta pick them -- except they aren't thornless here -- quite thorny, in fact. So you pretty much only get to theoes on the outside of the growth... which are pretty much limitless.
indyfrisco
Pro Bonfire

Post by indyfrisco »

That's the way it was where I grew in Texas up on rail lines. My parents had a train track behind the back of the property. Way back when these rail lines were laid, they lined both sides of the rail lines with blackberries. About 10 foot wide on each side. They did this to keep people from riding up alongside the trains and robbing them. Every summer, we had as many blackberries as we wanted. Now, all you see is Mexicans in herds all over the bushes ripping off all the blackberries and selling them on street corners. And they aren't thornless back home either. I loved the fruits of the labor, but that's why I am paying a little more for the thornless variety.
Goober McTuber wrote:One last post...
R-Jack
Non Sequitur Legend

Post by R-Jack »

My brother and I take our clans camping on the Feather River off of Highway 70 near Belden (only Dins has a remote chance of knowing where that is). We always pick a spot on a road that leads to an abandoned PG&E mini-resort not only for the best shade, but for the blackberry bushes that have overgrown the whole area. We pick as many as we can hold and make blackberry pancakes for the kids every day. They always come out awesome. Totally worth my forarms looking like I used Jesus's crown as a watch.

Yeah, we're grown men going out and picking berries. Big whoop. Wanna fight about it?
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

R-Jack wrote:Belden (only Dins has a remote chance of knowing where that is).

Nope, had to look it up. Turns out it's not too far from where I hit the monster hailstorm and slid the car (not mine) off a cliff, only to be saved when we bounced off a rather large redwood and back on to the road. It's all kind of a blur (since I was fucking terrified), but I think we were just north of Quincy (another huge town) on 89.

Some serious Nowheresville going on around there, and lots of it. Pretty area.

Here in the World's Blackberry Capital, they serve as a tool to quickly identify transplants -- if they're picking berries on the side of a main road, they ain't from round here. Next to the busy roads/freeways/whatnot, as the berries ripen, they suck up some diesel soot. I don't think it's a health hazard, but give them a little bit of a sour taste.