Nice knowing ya', Joplin

It's the 17th Anniversary for T1B - Fuckin' A

Moderator: Jesus H Christ

War Wagon
2010 CFB Pickem Champ

Nice knowing ya', Joplin

Post by War Wagon »

I'm hearing (and seeing) that 75% of the town got wiped off the map by a tornado at 5:15 this afternoon, trying to one up Tuscaloosa I reckon. Jeesus, this looks bad.
War Wagon
2010 CFB Pickem Champ

Re: Nice knowing ya', Joplin

Post by War Wagon »

I drive thru Joplin every year on the way to our annual float trip on the Elk river. They showed a picture of the last pit stop, the Flying J, pretty much obliterated. Guess I'll have to fill up on gas, Bud Light and ice in Carthage now. I damn sure ain't stopping in Neosho.
Bizzarofelice
I wanna be a bear

Post by Bizzarofelice »

don't forget to stockup on Precious Moments figurines in Carthage.
why is my neighborhood on fire
Diego in Seattle
Rouser Of Rabble

Post by Diego in Seattle »

Medical records are being found as far away as 70 miles. :shock:

With a hospital taking a hit, the death toll on this one's going to be extra bad.
“Left Seater” wrote:So charges are around the corner?
9/27/22
Bizzarofelice
I wanna be a bear

Post by Bizzarofelice »

other than reporters, I have yet to see a person in Joplin who isn't one Snickers bar away from Diabetes.
why is my neighborhood on fire
War Wagon
2010 CFB Pickem Champ

Post by War Wagon »

Diego in Seattle wrote:the death toll on this one's going to be extra bad.
89 confirmed dead before sunrise, the toll will most likely double by sundown.
War Wagon
2010 CFB Pickem Champ

Post by War Wagon »

Bizzarofelice wrote:don't forget to stockup on Precious Moments figurines in Carthage.
You can never have too many of those. That place is so over the top, Dogpatch USA thinks it jumped the shark.
Goober McTuber
World Renowned Last Word Whore

Post by Goober McTuber »

Papa Willie wrote:
Bizzarofelice wrote:other than reporters, I have yet to see a person in Joplin who isn't one Snickers bar away from Diabetes.
So are you saying that maybe I should move there now to take advantage of them?
You should move there to make them all feel that much better about themselves.
Joe in PB wrote: Yeah I'm the dumbass
schmick, speaking about Larry Nassar's pubescent and prepubescent victims wrote: They couldn't even kick that doctors ass

Seems they rather just lay there, get fucked and play victim
Goober McTuber

Post by Goober McTuber »

Who's your daddy?
schmick, speaking about Larry Nassar's pubescent and prepubescent victims wrote: They couldn't even kick that doctors ass

War Wagon
2010 CFB Pickem Champ

Post by War Wagon »

I guess people are getting burnt out on natural disasters and don't have much to say but this was one of the deadliest tornado events ever recorded in U.S. history. And nothing like trying to pick up the pieces during continuing hail storms all day and into tomorrow while gas lines are ruptured and power lines are down.

So we go about our mundane lives, hoping this doesn't happen to us. But if it does, I guess we'll have something to worry about other than mowing the lawn or paying the water bill... or making bad jokes on a message board.
mvscal
Blank

Post by mvscal »

War Wagon wrote:this was one of the deadliest tornado events ever recorded in U.S. history.
Except for the one in Alabama a couple weeks ago.

Screw_Michigan wrote: Fri Apr 05, 2019 4:39 pmUnlike you tards, I actually have functioning tastebuds and a refined pallet.
Y2K
Internet Overlord

Post by Y2K »

War Wagon wrote:I guess people are getting burnt out on natural disasters and don't have much to say but this was one of the deadliest tornado events ever recorded in U.S. history. And nothing like trying to pick up the pieces during continuing hail storms all day and into tomorrow while gas lines are ruptured and power lines are down.

So we go about our mundane lives, hoping this doesn't happen to us. But if it does, I guess we'll have something to worry about other than mowing the lawn or paying the water bill... or making bad jokes on a message board.

Bullshit...You don't think that what happened in Tuscaloosa or Joplin or New Orleans or NYC really doesn't matter?

Think again..
Tonight we have alraedy packed a truck headed out to the midwest with food, medical supplies and water...
but this is coming from a Christian charity group so please ignore us, we suck.
War Wagon
2010 CFB Pickem Champ

Post by War Wagon »

mvscal wrote:
War Wagon wrote:this was one of the deadliest tornado events ever recorded in U.S. history.
Except for the one in Alabama a couple weeks ago.
I should have clarified that. Deadliest single tornado event. What happened in Alabama and all across the South in April were numerous tornados spread over 700 miles. The one that hit Tuscaloosa killed 61 people, the one that hit Joplin 116 and counting.
Goober McTuber

Post by Goober McTuber »

Y2K wrote:
War Wagon wrote:I guess people are getting burnt out on natural disasters and don't have much to say but this was one of the deadliest tornado events ever recorded in U.S. history. And nothing like trying to pick up the pieces during continuing hail storms all day and into tomorrow while gas lines are ruptured and power lines are down.

Bullshit...You don't think that what happened in Tuscaloosa or Joplin or New Orleans or NYC really doesn't matter?

Think again..
Tonight we have alraedy packed a truck headed out to the midwest with food, medical supplies and water...
but this is coming from a Christian charity group so please ignore us, we suck.
Careful you don't sprain something patting yourself on the back.

War Wagon
2010 CFB Pickem Champ

Post by War Wagon »

Sudden Sam wrote: Joplin got hammered. That was horrible, Even worse, though, is they're right in the line of fire again today. More supercells.
That's right, this ain't no weak ass SEC weather event. In Big 12 country, they just keep coming at you. We call it freight training.
Derron
Eternal Scobode

Post by Derron »

Derron
Screw_Michigan wrote: Democrats are the REAL racists.
Softball Bat wrote: Is your anus quivering?
Derron
Eternal Scobode

Post by Derron »

This is fucking crazy...high voltage towers down on "trailer"..debris in the street..tornado over the lake...cops and fire running code 3 all over the place..power lines down..2 houses hit..

Blaine County and Canadian County

We never see this kind of weather related shit...I don't get it
Derron
Screw_Michigan wrote: Democrats are the REAL racists.
Softball Bat wrote: Is your anus quivering?
War Wagon
2010 CFB Pickem Champ

Post by War Wagon »

around noon the sky turned green here and then it got so dark the street lights came on. The last time I saw that happen a microburst soon followed. But it passed with no more than a heavy downpour, not even any hail to speak of
Truman
Eternal Scobode

Post by Truman »

You can’t make ‘em care Wags.

Not only do you have a Smackboard culture workin’ against you...

It’s a Flyover event.

Oh, sure, the residents of the Alley get it... As do any folk that has ever sought shelter under the banshee scream of a weather-alert siren. Yes, most EF-5’s that land in these parts are famous for tearing up mile-wide, 10-mile-long swaths of corn or wheat and obliterating the odd grain elevator.

But place a population center in the midst of such a killer?

You’re still gonna be greeted with a meh-like attitude and a “sucks to be you” response from the coasts.

Yet here in the Heartland, where we still believe in America, we open our wallets and pack our semis in an attempt to relieve the effects of hurricanes, earthquakes, and terrorist strikes upon our countrymen.

Rest assured if it had been John’s Hopkins in Baltimore instead of St. John’s in Joplin, the Media would literally now be having kittens... And Ryan Seacrest would be hosting a national telethon on all three networks this Friday raising money for the recovery effort.

Besides, Wags, THIS guy sure as Hell doesn’t care...

WHY the Hell should you?
Goober McTuber

Post by Goober McTuber »

I want to feel sorry for the people in Missouri, but then I remember that most of my interaction with Missourians has been on this board and they all seem to be morons, assholes, bi-curious or fat fucking retards.

Goober McTuber

Post by Goober McTuber »

Alabammer was God flushing the terlit. In Missouri, he commenced to scrubbing the bowl.

Truman
Eternal Scobode

Post by Truman »

Goober McTuber wrote:I want to feel sorry for the people in Missouri, but then I remember that most of my interaction with Missourians has been on this board and they all seem to be morons, assholes, bi-curious or fat fucking retards.
Pity the Wisconsin tornado of 1899 that claimed 117 lives missed your house.
MgoBlue-LightSpecial
Eternal Scobode

Post by MgoBlue-LightSpecial »

People are dying, losing their homes. Towns are being ravaged to rubble. And all I can think is, "Oh great, not another boring tornado thread." If there's a hell, I'm surely headed there.
War Wagon
2010 CFB Pickem Champ

Post by War Wagon »

MgoBlue-LightSpecial wrote:If there's a hell, I'm surely headed there.
Where you'll be condemned to reading boring weather threads for all eternity - page after page.

Tornado sirens are going off here as I type this...
Truman
Eternal Scobode

Post by Truman »

IN. Sirens have been sounding for half an hour.

Five or six little fuckers have been spotted spooling over the 435 and State Line area. 980 reporting the house is in the crosshairs of another wall cloud storming up 71.

Neat. Gettin' tired of this shit. Barren down the hatches, Wags.
jiminphilly
2014 JFFL Champion

Post by jiminphilly »

If you fucks would start posting pictures of the green skies and shit this thread would be a lot more exciting.
War Wagon
2010 CFB Pickem Champ

Post by War Wagon »

Spent the last 45 minutes crammed into the tornado shelter at work. I'd rather see it coming and take my chances than to sit wondering what the fuck is going on outside. To listen to the weather hacks on the radio, all hell was breaking loose.
Goober McTuber

Post by Goober McTuber »

Truman wrote:
Goober McTuber wrote:I want to feel sorry for the people in Missouri, but then I remember that most of my interaction with Missourians has been on this board and they all seem to be morons, assholes, bi-curious or fat fucking retards.
Pity the Wisconsin tornado of 1899 that claimed 117 lives missed your house.
Too bad our family didn’t move to Wisconsin from Ohio until 1968. Which allowed us to miss one of the worst tornados in Ohio’s history in 1974. I can’t get this song out of my head....

They are Twistin' twistin'
Twistin the night away

Goober McTuber

Post by Goober McTuber »

KC Scott wrote:
jiminphilly wrote:If you fucks would start posting pictures of the green skies and shit this thread would be a lot more exciting.
I just shot a bunch of video - I'll put them up when i get some time
What, are you adding subtitles?

Goober McTuber

Post by Goober McTuber »

BTW, if you want to personally donate to the relief effort, you can send a check to:

American Red Cross
Greater Ozarks Regional Chapter
1545 N. West Bypass
Springfield, MO 65803

Truman
Eternal Scobode

Post by Truman »

Goober McTuber wrote:BTW, if you want to personally donate to the relief effort, you can send a check to:

American Red Cross
1545 N. West Bypass
Springfield, MO 65803
Thanks, Goobs. Hundred bucks and two cases of water deep already. I'd give more if I had it. Relief efforts in this town and half-hundred others in the four state region have a tendency to restore one's faith in his fellow man. Nice to have a shithole like this one to keep us grounded....
Goober McTuber

Post by Goober McTuber »

Truman wrote:
Goober McTuber wrote:BTW, if you want to personally donate to the relief effort, you can send a check to:

American Red Cross
1545 N. West Bypass
Springfield, MO 65803
Thanks, Goobs. Hundred bucks and two cases of water deep already. I'd give more if I had it. Relief efforts in this town and half-hundred others in the four state region have a tendency to restore one's faith in his fellow man. Nice to have a shithole like this one to keep us grounded....
Yeah, I was obviously trolling my colleagues from Misery.

I just passed my 10-year anniversary with my company. Traditionally your little group of co-workers tosses money in an envelope and they hand it over to you. I’ve always donated for co-workers, but I feel weird taking their money just because we work together. So this time around I’m sending it along to Springfield, MO. Hell, my sister and her husband moved to Hamilton a few years back. I feel so dirty.

jiminphilly
2014 JFFL Champion

Post by jiminphilly »

KC Scott wrote: I just shot a bunch of video - I'll put them up when i get some time
Think the sire warnings were being used more aggressively given how quick some of these storms are forming and how devastating they have been? Otherwise those clouds you shot didn't look any more harmful than some the storms we've had in the past few weeks.
War Wagon
2010 CFB Pickem Champ

Post by War Wagon »

I'm hearing one of our small suppliers in Sedalia had their facility destroyed. I know the owners pretty well, a great couple who bust their ass trying to get product to us on time. Shit, fuck, damn... the whole time I was taking cover I was thinking what i'd do for a job if my place of employment got hit like that. 28 years here and this was the first time we got herded into the shelters.
Carson
2012 CFB Pickem Champ

Post by Carson »

Whoever is the designated Emergency Management Agency operator hits the button.

In The Gump, that's the fire department.
indyfrisco
Pro Bonfire

Post by indyfrisco »

I got a couple videos of a funnel cloud forming just over my town. It touched down about 15 miles away. Will post it once it is uploaded.
Goober McTuber wrote:One last post...
indyfrisco
Pro Bonfire

Post by indyfrisco »

Not the greatest video, but the first one, you can see the funnel dive down a bit. The second video it was more pronounced. When it got out of my view, it apparently touched down around 10-15 miles northeast of where I live.

Another cell approaching right now that looks wicked as fuck. This should be it for us. I may/may not get video of it as it is getting dark and is probably another half hour away. It is supposed to be much worse though. frisco family all huddled in the basement for the night...thank god for the bar down here. Cheers.
Goober McTuber wrote:One last post...
Carson
2012 CFB Pickem Champ

Post by Carson »

I double-checked and learned that The Gump FD gets their orders directly from the NWS.

EMA does the forensic work.
Goober McTuber

Post by Goober McTuber »

Q, West Coast Style
Eternal Scobode

Post by Q, West Coast Style »

Joplin's now like Thunderdome with Anderson Cooper as Mad Max.