what a nightmare

Knock the cover off

Moderator: Cueball

War Wagon
2010 CFB Pickem Champ

what a nightmare

Post by War Wagon »

I dreamed some Royals pitcher got lit up for 14 runs last night. It seemed so real. I don't usually remember dreams but this one was so very vivid, I remember it in excruciating detail.

In the dream, this poor 24 year old kid just up from the minors got shelled for 10 runs in the 4th inning and was left out there the whole time to endure the beating, kinda' like an AP CDS appearance.

But no, that wasn't enough. Usually, I can wake myself from such bad dreams but not this time. In this one, they sent him back out there for the 5th inning where he promptly got lit up for 4 more runs.

That didn't really happen did it? I keep trying to tell myself that couldn't fucking happen in a MLB game. Any manager that would allow that to happen would never have that job in the first place, right?
Goober McTuber
World Renowned Last Word Whore

Re: what a nightmare

Post by Goober McTuber »

It's the Royals. Nobody cares.
Joe in PB wrote: Yeah I'm the dumbass
schmick, speaking about Larry Nassar's pubescent and prepubescent victims wrote: They couldn't even kick that doctors ass

Seems they rather just lay there, get fucked and play victim
ucantdoitdoggieSTyle2
Eternal Scobode

Post by ucantdoitdoggieSTyle2 »

War Wagon wrote:this poor 24 year old kid just up from the minors.
:?

You make it sound like they brought up some poor lamb who pitched in college last year for the slaughter. Mazzaro has over 200 IP in the majors and was originally called up in 2009.

DeJesus must have really been on the decline because Mazzaro has always pitched like shit... even in the cavernous confines of Oakland.
R-Jack
Non Sequitur Legend

Post by R-Jack »

Ah, VinnyVinny

After he got called up, he did well in his first three starts. A's fans were ready to make him a folk hero and pencil him in to be future of the franchise.

Then he became Vin Mazzaro.
War Wagon
2010 CFB Pickem Champ

Post by War Wagon »

ucantdoitdoggieSTyle2 wrote: You make it sound like they brought up some poor lamb who pitched in college last year for the slaughter. Mazzaro has over 200 IP in the majors and was originally called up in 2009.
Regardless of how many innings of MLB he had pitched prior, he was the sacrificial lamb that day for some reason I can't fathom.

He wasn't even supposed to pitch that game as he was the scheduled starter for the next day. But Kyle Davies tweaked his vagina in the 1st inning after walking the bases full and asked to be taken out. So they put in Nate Adcock who stopped the bleeding for a couple of innings (and is now the scheduled starter on Saturday) and ran Mazzaro out there for the 4th. Mind you, he came to the park expecting to be a spectator and get ready for the next day. So not a real good mindset or situation to get tossed into.

If he sucks, he sucks, but I just have a problem leaving any pitcher out there to absorb that type of punishment. But the worst of it was sending him back out for the 5th. That was insane.
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

War Wagon wrote:But the worst of it was sending him back out for the 5th. That was insane.

Possibly the second-most amazing record ever set in MLB was Fernando Tatis hitting 2 Salamis in one inning (which also set the record for RBIs in an inning).

But a much more impressive record was set that day, and will never be broken -- Chan Ho Park giving up 2 salamis to the same guy in an inning.

And he didn't even get out of that inning - btw.
I got 99 problems but the 'vid ain't one
War Wagon
2010 CFB Pickem Champ

Post by War Wagon »

Dinsdale wrote:But a much more impressive record was set that day, and will never be broken.
obscure baseball statistics and trivia are interesting.

For instance - When was the last time 2 pinch runners got picked off in the 9th inning of a tie game, back to back?

If you answered May 18th, 2011 Rangers vs. Royals you win a prize.

That shit could only happen to the Royals.
Go Coogs'
Eternal Scobode

Post by Go Coogs' »

The LAstros record when leading after seven innings is an abysmal 11-8. When does it end?
88 wrote:Go Coogs' (Regular Season Total Points Champ)