10%
Herman Cain
20%

Total votes: 20

War Wagon
2010 CFB Pickem Champ

Re: pick one

Post by War Wagon »

where's the choice for 'none of the above'?
Q, West Coast Style
Eternal Scobode

Post by Q, West Coast Style »

Jsc810 wrote:Johnson did ok, but according to the sample audience on Fox, the big winner of the debate tonight is Herman Cain.
Barack Obama was the big winner.

Although I'll admit I liked some of what Paul and Johnson had to say.
Diego in Seattle
Rouser Of Rabble

Post by Diego in Seattle »

Jsc810 wrote:Debate tonight on Fox.

An easy choice for me: Gary Johnson.
"Big Hands" died last year.

And add my vote for "none of the above."
“Left Seater” wrote:So charges are around the corner?
9/27/22
Cuda
IKYABWAI

Post by Cuda »

Diego in Seattle wrote:And add my vote for "none of the above."
Totally predictable, seeing as how none of them are under 6 years old.
WacoFan wrote:Flying any airplane that you can hear the radio over the roaring radial engine is just ghey anyway.... Of course, Cirri are the Miata of airplanes..
MgoBlue-LightSpecial
Eternal Scobode

Post by MgoBlue-LightSpecial »

Re: Ron Paul

Since when can you trust a man with two first names?
mvscal
Blank

Post by mvscal »

Jsc810 wrote:Johnson did ok, but according to the sample audience on Fox, the big winner of the debate tonight is Herman Cain.
Cain is hack. That tard was bubbling over with praise for the TARP bailout calling it a "win-win" for the taxpayers.

No thanks....NEXT
Screw_Michigan wrote: Fri Apr 05, 2019 4:39 pmUnlike you tards, I actually have functioning tastebuds and a refined pallet.
smackaholic
Walrus Team 6

Post by smackaholic »

I'll take Paul.

Still a little uncomfortable with his hands off foreign policy, but, we got bigger problems at home with getting the federal parasites to stop sucking the life out of us. Paul is the one with the most cred in this area.
mvscal wrote:The only precious metals in a SHTF scenario are lead and brass.
MadRussian
Poop is Funny!!!

Post by MadRussian »

Its depressing those are the choices for the GOP
At the core of liberalism is the spoiled child - miserable, as all spoiled children are, unsatisfied, demanding, ill-disciplined, despotic and useless. Liberalism is a philosophy of sniveling brats.
P.J. O'Rourke.
mvscal
Blank

Post by mvscal »

KC Scott wrote: I was strongly against TARP when Bush rolled it out and when Obama gave out the second batch.

I'll happily admit I was wrong in that opinion since all of the funds have been paid back and the Govt. has shown a profit on that initiative so far
Still struggling with reading comprehension, I see. Why don't you back up and take another run at it, Corky.
Screw_Michigan wrote: Fri Apr 05, 2019 4:39 pmUnlike you tards, I actually have functioning tastebuds and a refined pallet.
Terry in Crapchester
2012 March Madness Champ

Post by Terry in Crapchester »

If this is the best the GOP can do, might as well start making plans for Obama's second inauguration now.
War Wagon wrote:The first time I click on one of your youtube links will be the first time.
LTS TRN 2
I suck Jew cock

Post by LTS TRN 2 »

KC, you seem to be missing the basic fact that these criminally negligent banks should not have been rewarded with a big juicy new opportunity to make money--i.e., big fat hand out for their use--which was NOT the loans and financing they had promised. If one believes the canard of "too big to fail," that we simply had to do it, well you'll believe anything. But the bottom line is that the huge bailout was simply more shameless and craven profiteering from an increasingly rapacious plutocracy. You know, the galling and dramatic disparity of wealth (throughout the world, not just here).

WW
Before God was, I am
mvscal
Blank

Post by mvscal »

KC Scott wrote:
KC Scott wrote:I'll happily admit I was wrong in that opinion since all of the funds have been paid back and the Govt. has shown a profit on that initiative so far
Wall Street Journal wrote:
WASHINGTON—The U.S. Treasury Department said Friday the total amount repaid to taxpayers for government funds used to bail out U.S. companies has surpassed, for the first time, the amount of outstanding debt.

The Treasury, in its May report to Congress on the Troubled Asset Relief Program, reported TARP repayments reached $194 billion, which has exceeded by $4 billion the total amount of outstanding debt—$190 billion.

However, the outstanding debt amount does not include $106.36 billion that has been committed to institutions but has yet to be paid out by the Treasury. Factoring in that amount, the outstanding debt would be roughly $296 billion.

According to the report, $489.88 billion has been committed to specific institutions, and $383.52 billion of that has been paid out by Treasury. The department said it does not expect to use more than $550 billion of the $700 billion program.

A Treasury official described the manner in which the department characterized the totals as "a cash flow issue."

"Going forward, there will continue to be repayments and expenditures on both sides of the ledger," the official said, making clear that "the other money has not ultimately been dispersed yet."

With that said, the Treasury's report indicates that the department has already signed contracts with institutions regarding the already and to-be distributed funds.

Still, the Treasury's assistant secretary for financial stability, Herb Allison, in a statement described the totals as a "milestone" and said this is "further evidence that TARP is achieving its intended objectives: stabilizing our financial system and laying the groundwork for economic recovery."

The preliminary benchmark was reached in May when the Treasury completed its sale of 1.5 billion shares of Citigroup Inc., "a transaction that provided gross proceeds of $6.18 billion to taxpayers," the Treasury said.

TARP investments posted an additional $23 billion return, bringing total revenue to $217 billion through the end of May, according to the Treasury.

Despite the government's positive investments made through the TARP program for banks, taxpayers could still face a loss on the program.

The Obama administration estimated last August that the total cost of TARP would be $341 billion. The Treasury, in May, told Congress that the lifetime cost of the program had decreased to $105.4 billion.

Looking ahead, the Treasury said additional expenditures from the TARP program are likely to focus on housing initiatives, and other programs that are tailored to help smaller banks and the securitization markets.

The department still anticipates repayments to continue to exceed the outstanding debt

Unless you are Daft, dumb and blind this article is simple enough even for a Non-People Person to comprehend
You are a complete and utter dumbfuck. Good job kicking your own ass, you stupid fuck.

$489.88 billion has been commited.
$383.52 billion has been paid out.
$193.52 billion has been repaid.

That means $190 billion remains due currently with another 106 billion due when the rest of the disbursments are made. That means that all of the funds HAVE NOT been paid back and the government HAS NOT shown any profit. It also means that you can't read on anything beyond a fourth grade reading level.

Fist yourself again, Corky.
mvscal
Blank

Post by mvscal »

Yes, your first clue should have been the term 'outstanding debt.' Rather difficult to have "all funds paid back and a profit shown" when there is still $190 billion in outstanding debt, wouldn't you say?

You fell for a carefully crafted piece of propaganda designed to snare the stupid and the lazy.
mvscal
Blank

Post by mvscal »

KC Scott wrote:So, much like your prediction for the markets, you're not predicting TARP ever breaks even?
Is that supposed to have something to do with your false claim that "all funds have been paid back and the government showed a profit"?

I'd be a little more interested to see whether or not the alleged $194 billion that was paid back was paid with different government loans like GM did.

There is no "win" in this deal for the taxpayer. Only the dumbest of fucks thinks there is.
mvscal
Blank

Post by mvscal »

KC Scott wrote:
mvscal wrote: Is that supposed to have something to do with your false claim that "all funds have been paid back and the government showed a profit"?
Wasn't me that said it - it was the WSJ article -
No, they didn't say it. You just can't read. As I said, it was a propaganda trap for the stupid and the lazy.

Which one are you?
mvscal
Blank

Post by mvscal »

KC Scott wrote:
mvscal wrote:No, they didn't say it. You just can't read. As I said, it was a propaganda trap for the stupid and the lazy.

Which one are you?
And yet
The Treasury, in its May report to Congress on the Troubled Asset Relief Program, reported TARP repayments reached $194 billion, which has exceeded by $4 billion the total amount of outstanding debt—$190 billion.

Youre avoidance of fact and truth is blatant

What possible motive would WSJ for spinning anything positive to an Administration they loathe?
Nothing quite so ridiculous as persistent stupidity with a side of closeted homosexuality. I guess that's how they roll in KC.

I would ask if there was something about the term 'outstanding debt' that you don't understand but the answer is clear.
mvscal
Blank

Post by mvscal »

KC Scott wrote:Of 190M owed on specific relief, 194m was paid back
WRONG
According to the report, $489.88 billion has been committed to specific institutions, and $383.52 billion of that has been paid out by Treasury.
Quick, what is $383.52 billion minus $193.52 (rounded up)? Tired of kicking your own ass yet, idiot?
mvscal
Blank

Post by mvscal »

KC Scott wrote:the 194M paid back is by the companies that 190m was loaned to - not the total sum of the entire Tarp
$384 billion loaned out. $194 billion paid back which leaves $190 billion outstanding. It's right there in black and white for those who can read on a fourth grade level.

Now run along, pop open your shaved junk dossier and have yourself a bitter hate jerk. Deep down you know it isn't my fault that you're an idiot. Look on the bright side, it's a minor miracle that a weak swimmer like you ever hit ova paydirt in the first place.
titlover
Eternal Scobode

Post by titlover »

KC Scott wrote:stupid, stubborn and Betty fuckin' crocker - simply outstanding........

the 194M paid back is by the companies that 190m was loaned to - not the total sum of the entire Tarp

No wonder you failed in the markets

'A fool and his money" ......... you know

:lol:

uhhh, pretty sure they are saying that over 50% of what was lent has been payed back. like a ratio ya know. 194/384=50.5% has been paid back.
titlover
Eternal Scobode

Post by titlover »

KC Scott wrote:how in the fuck do you get that from this sentence?

uhh, because 194 is 4 more than 190, which is what is left outstanding to repay of the total lent, which is 384?

wow.
Tom In VA
Eternal Scobode

Post by Tom In VA »

With all the horseshit around here, you'd think there'd be a pony somewhere.
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

KC Scott wrote:which has exceeded by $4 billion the total amount of outstanding debt—$190 billion

How would 194 Billion exceed 384 Billion?

Truly a :facepalm: moment.
I got 99 problems but the 'vid ain't one
titlover
Eternal Scobode

Post by titlover »

KC Scott wrote:
titlover wrote:
KC Scott wrote:how in the fuck do you get that from this sentence?

uhh, because 194 is 4 more than 190, which is what is left outstanding to repay of the total lent, which is 384?

wow.
which has exceeded by $4 billion the total amount of outstanding debt—$190 billion

whatever, guy. you'll never get it. have fun chasing your tail in the corner.
titlover
Eternal Scobode

Post by titlover »

yes it does.
mvscal
Blank

Post by mvscal »

Dinsdale wrote:
KC Scott wrote:which has exceeded by $4 billion the total amount of outstanding debt—$190 billion

It's awe inspiring really. Usually, when you have kicked your own ass to the degree that KC Closetcase has here, you just stop posting. He honestly doesn't get it, though. Evidently he's become snared in the event horizon of the Kansas City Retardation Singularity.

All logical argument in support of his case will be cast aside in favor of desperate 'I Know You Are But What Am I' and 'I Know I'm Gay But What Are You' distractions.

Math? Forget it.
Goober McTuber
World Renowned Last Word Whore

Post by Goober McTuber »

mvscal wrote:
Dinsdale wrote:

It's awe inspiring really. Usually, when you have kicked your own ass to the degree that KC Closetcase has here, you just stop posting. He honestly doesn't get it, though. Evidently he's become snared in the event horizon of the Kansas City Retardation Singularity.

All logical argument in support of his case will be cast aside in favor of desperate 'I Know You Are But What Am I' and 'I Know I'm Gay But What Are You' distractions.

Math? Forget it.
You guys might want to back off of KC Scott on this one. He is our resident self-professed financial guru.
Joe in PB wrote: Yeah I'm the dumbass
schmick, speaking about Larry Nassar's pubescent and prepubescent victims wrote: They couldn't even kick that doctors ass

Seems they rather just lay there, get fucked and play victim
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

Goober McTuber wrote:You guys might want to back off of KC Scott on this one. He is our resident self-professed financial guru.

SHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!

The board as a collective have kept quiet on that funny all this time... don't blow it now.

Most of us realized years ago dude can't even add and subtract.
I got 99 problems but the 'vid ain't one
poptart
Quitty McQuitface

Post by poptart »

Jsc wrote:An easy choice for me: Gary Johnson.
Curious - why do you favor Johnson over Ron Paul?