Stabbing During African-American Family Day at Nat'l Zoo

It's the 17th Anniversary for T1B - Fuckin' A

Moderator: Jesus H Christ

Screw_Michigan
Angry Snowflake

Stabbing During African-American Family Day at Nat'l Zoo

Post by Screw_Michigan »

The one day of the year to NOT bring your family to the Zoo: Easter Monday, which is what the story referred to the day as last night before it hit the printer. I was like "Easter Monday, WGARA?" Then I saw the paper this morning: Ah.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/local/you ... story.html
A teenager was stabbed and seriously wounded in a fight Monday at the National Zoo as the zoo marked African American Family Day. A 16-year-old was arrested and charged in the incident, D.C. police said.

D.C. police Cmdr. Michael E. Reese said the stabbing was connected to “some kind of ruckus” that apparently broke out within the zoo and might have resumed at or near the entrance on Connecticut Avenue NW.

The victim was in stable condition Monday night, police said. No age was given for him, and he was not identified. The family-day celebration is a tradition at the zoo on the day after Easter.

The motive in the attack remained unclear Monday night.

Police spokeswoman Gwendolyn Crump said the suspect, from Southeast Washington, was charged with assault with intent to kill. He was not named. It wasn’t clear whether police were looking for additional suspects.

Reese, who is head of the 2nd Police District, said the fight might have stemmed from an ongoing dispute. Or, he said, it might have been over “something that just happened right there.”

The teenager was stabbed at least twice, at least once in the zoo and once at or just outside the entrance, Reese said. Some of the same assailants might have been involved in both attacks, he said.

A zoo spokeswoman said the victim left the zoo on his own. He was later found by police on Connecticut Avenue near the zoo entrance and was taken to a hospital.

Pete Piringer, a D.C. fire department spokesman, said the victim was found bleeding shortly after 4 p.m. outside an apartment building in the 2900 block of Connecticut Avenue NW. He described the wounds as possibly life-threatening.

The fight broke out about 3:30 p.m. near the Small Mammal House, authorities said. Zoo spokeswoman Jodi Legge said zoo security ejected an unspecified number of people, many of them juveniles, as a result of the fight.

Legge said the zoo, with a capacity of 25,000 visitors, was “extremely crowded” Monday.

In addition to the many children attending the zoo’s annual day-after-Easter celebration, tourists and youngsters on spring break filled the zoo to capacity, Legge said.

The free gathering dates to the 1890s. Oral history says that black domestic workers were required to work on Easter, so Monday was the day of family celebration.

In 2000, the Easter Monday celebration was marred when a teenager, in a dispute with teens from another neighborhood, shot and wounded seven people at the zoo’s main entrance. A year later, the shooter was sentenced to 25 years in prison.
kcdave wrote: Sat Sep 09, 2023 8:05 am
I was actually going to to join in the best bets activity here at good ole T1B...The guy that runs that contest is a fucking prick
Derron wrote: Sat Oct 03, 2020 3:07 pm
You are truly one of the worst pieces of shit to ever post on this board. Start giving up your paycheck for reparations now and then you can shut the fuck up about your racist blasts.
Derron
Eternal Scobode

Re: Stabbing During African-American Family Day at Nat'l Zoo

Post by Derron »

Did this take place in view of the gorilla exhibit ?

How traumatic for them...seeing such violence.
Derron
Screw_Michigan wrote: Democrats are the REAL racists.
Softball Bat wrote: Is your anus quivering?
Carson
2012 CFB Pickem Champ

Post by Carson »

If they would let 'em have they guns in DC, this would have ended quickly with minimal disruption.

Instead, they ended up traumatizing the animals.

Bastards.
Screw_Michigan
Angry Snowflake

Post by Screw_Michigan »

Carson wrote:If they would let 'em have they guns in DC, this would have ended quickly with minimal disruption.

Instead, they ended up traumatizing the animals.

Bastards.
Like you anti DC vote dumbfucks like to say, if people want the right to carry, move to fucking VA.
I was actually going to to join in the best bets activity here at good ole T1B...The guy that runs that contest is a fucking prick
You are truly one of the worst pieces of shit to ever post on this board. Start giving up your paycheck for reparations now and then you can shut the fuck up about your racist blasts.
White Cock
Jake

Post by White Cock »

At times like this I really miss the absence of IB.
So she has been here for a while?

Your thinking is clouded. Focus on the apes.
This space for sale
Carson
2012 CFB Pickem Champ

Post by Carson »

Screw_Michigan wrote: if people want the right to carry, move to fucking VA.
All the sane white people did. Years ago.
MadRussian
Poop is Funny!!!

Post by MadRussian »

Buncha screeching chimps
At the core of liberalism is the spoiled child - miserable, as all spoiled children are, unsatisfied, demanding, ill-disciplined, despotic and useless. Liberalism is a philosophy of sniveling brats.
P.J. O'Rourke.
Cosmo Kramer
Troublemaker
Location: Smack dab in the middle of a fucking immigration free-for-all

Post by Cosmo Kramer »

Wow, you wouldn't think such a thing would happen in a Cosmopolitan city like D.C. :meds:
indyfrisco
Pro Bonfire

Post by indyfrisco »

Papa Willie wrote:Dang, Screwey. You sure are down on blacks lately. You'd better be kissing their asses, seeing how they all vote like you do. :D
He's growing up. Amazing how having a tax paying job changes one's perspective.
Goober McTuber wrote:One last post...
Screw_Michigan
Angry Snowflake

Post by Screw_Michigan »

I've held down tax-paying gigs since I was 14, thank you very much. I appreciate the backhanded compliment, brother.

DC is a great place but shit like this can take place anywhere.
indyfrisco
Pro Bonfire

Post by indyfrisco »

Screw_Michigan wrote:I've held down tax-paying gigs since I was 14
And I have had one since I was 11.

11-18 - hardware store
15-18 - golf course attendant (2nd job along with the hardware sotre gig)
19-21 - Jason's Deli in college about 20 hours a week
21-22 - Co-Op with nice semiconductor company in college
22-34 - IT Professional/Senior Management

It wasn't a backhanded compliment. As you get older and have more responsibility, your views will probably change unless you rely on government tit. Maybe I was projecting. Maybe you are trolling.
Goober McTuber
World Renowned Last Word Whore

Post by Goober McTuber »

IndyFrisco wrote:
Screw_Michigan wrote:I've held down tax-paying gigs since I was 14
And I have had one since I was 11.

11-18 - hardware store
15-18 - golf course attendant (2nd job along with the hardware sotre gig)
19-21 - Jason's Deli in college about 20 hours a week
21-22 - Co-Op with nice semiconductor company in college
22-34 - IT Professional/Senior Management

It wasn't a backhanded compliment. As you get older and have more responsibility, your views will probably change unless you rely on government tit. Maybe I was projecting. Maybe you are trolling.
Or maybe some people just grow up with a different frame of reference than you did, you condescending piece of shit.
Joe in PB wrote: Yeah I'm the dumbass
schmick, speaking about Larry Nassar's pubescent and prepubescent victims wrote: They couldn't even kick that doctors ass

Seems they rather just lay there, get fucked and play victim
indyfrisco
Pro Bonfire

Post by indyfrisco »

Buuuuuuuuuuurn! :meds:

And what frame of reference do you think I grew up with, Goober? That you should be responsible for yourself? What a shitty way to raise a person. What a shitty expectation to have for oneself.
Goober McTuber

Post by Goober McTuber »

No, it was just the idea that as people grow older and wiser that they would obviously have to think like you do.
schmick, speaking about Larry Nassar's pubescent and prepubescent victims wrote: They couldn't even kick that doctors ass

indyfrisco
Pro Bonfire

Post by indyfrisco »

Hey, you're an old man. Are you telling me that as time has gone on, you haven't embraced the concept of self-reliance more than you did when you were younger?
Goober McTuber

Post by Goober McTuber »

I have always been self-reliant. Yes, I recognize that there are those that abuse government handouts. But I don't for a minute assume that everyone benefiting from a government program should be cut off so that I can save some tax dollars.

Screw_Michigan
Angry Snowflake

Post by Screw_Michigan »

Goober McTuber wrote:I have always been self-reliant. Yes, I recognize that there are those that abuse government handouts. But I don't for a minute assume that everyone benefiting from a government program should be cut off so that I can save some tax dollars.
He got his, fuck everyone else. Remember?
indyfrisco
Pro Bonfire

Post by indyfrisco »

Screw_Michigan wrote:
Goober McTuber wrote:I have always been self-reliant. Yes, I recognize that there are those that abuse government handouts. But I don't for a minute assume that everyone benefiting from a government program should be cut off so that I can save some tax dollars.
He got his, go get your own. Remember?
Fixed.