Sunday games

The Madness isn't confined to March here!

Moderators: the_ouskull, helmet, Shine

War Wagon
2010 CFB Pickem Champ

Sunday games

Post by War Wagon »

Watching the Washington-Carolina match right now, this is some great ball being played. I hadn't seen WU play all year but these guys are damn good. Had an early 11 point lead only to see the tar heels come storming back. This should go down to the end.

Looking forward to watching George Mason and their kickass band knock off another #1 today. Maybe. And Bill Self facing his former team the Illini whom he shat on after Huckleberry left Kansas for greener pastures.
Mace
Eternal Scobode

Re: Sunday games

Post by Mace »

Yep, this has been a good first half. Carolina needs to start getting a body on the Huskies to keep them from getting easy offensive rebounds and points. I've got the Heels in the Pick 'em, so I'll be rooting for Harrison Barnes and UNC, but, you're right, I think this one goes down to the wire too.

I just watched the McDonalds commercial with Larry Bird. What's it say about me when I recognize Bird and have no clue who the other two guys that are in the commercial? Yeah, I'm old.....and I don't waste my time watching the NBA. Haven't watched since MJ retired.
King Crimson
Eternal Scobode

Post by King Crimson »

i read on yahoo.com this AM that UNC has won 24 straight NCAA games in Carolina. must be nice.
""On a lonely planet spinning its way toward damnation amid the fear and despair of a broken human race, who is left to fight for all that is good and pure and gets you smashed for under a fiver? Yes, it's the surprising adventures of me, Sir Digby Chicken-Caesar!"
"
War Wagon
2010 CFB Pickem Champ

Post by War Wagon »

That was the game of the tourney thus far, at least among the games I've watched. Mace, I hadn't watched any NBA games in years either until last week when I watched my adopted team OKC beat Lebron and co. in Miami. Kevin Durant is a pleasure to watch and he's just 22. Nobody will ever compare to MJ but this kid is special. They'll go as far as he can carry them.
Truman
Eternal Scobode

Post by Truman »

Hated to see the Cats go down last night, 'specially after Pullen's gutty performance. Watching Wisky play hoops is like trying to read an L-TARD post: Plodding, tedious, and completely boring.
Mace
Eternal Scobode

Post by Mace »

Watching the Duke-Michigan game and, so far, the young Wolverines are hangin' with them. If Hardaway sticks around next year, they'll be my pick to win the Big 10....maybe even if he leaves since the conference will be down next year.
M Club
el capitán

Post by M Club »

don't think hardaway's going anywhere. not good enough yet, though maybe after he takes that sophomore leap. good thing his dad has money so he doesn't have to go looking for any detroit-area boosters.
Mace
Eternal Scobode

Post by Mace »

If he's not leaving then they are my odds on favorite to win the league. Tough loss today but they played a hell of a game, and should be a fun team to watch next season.
M Club
el capitán

Post by M Club »

ja, the future is bright, but we've been here before. hopefully this time we turn the corner.
Screw_Michigan
Angry Snowflake

Post by Screw_Michigan »

M Club wrote:good thing his dad has money so he doesn't have to go looking for any detroit-area boosters.
Good call. Would hate for his fag-hating father to go Kenny Anderson.
kcdave wrote: Sat Sep 09, 2023 8:05 am
I was actually going to to join in the best bets activity here at good ole T1B...The guy that runs that contest is a fucking prick
Derron wrote: Sat Oct 03, 2020 3:07 pm
You are truly one of the worst pieces of shit to ever post on this board. Start giving up your paycheck for reparations now and then you can shut the fuck up about your racist blasts.
Mace
Eternal Scobode

Post by Mace »

Damn, the Buckeyes are flexing their fucking muscles today. I thought this might be a good game.....uhh, think again.
FLW Buckeye
2014 T1B FBBL Champ

Post by FLW Buckeye »

Mace wrote:Damn, the Buckeyes are flexing their fucking muscles today. I thought this might be a good game.....uhh, think again.
Yeah...they need to save some of it for Kentucky.
Terry in Crapchester
2012 March Madness Champ

Post by Terry in Crapchester »

King Crimson wrote:i read on yahoo.com this AM that UNC has won 24 straight NCAA games in Carolina. must be nice.
I'm convinced that the real reason for the pod seeding was to keep both Duke and UNC in North Carolina for the first two rounds of every tourney, just about.
War Wagon wrote:The first time I click on one of your youtube links will be the first time.
Mace
Eternal Scobode

Post by Mace »

Looks like the Irish are struggling against FSU....as are the Illini vs Kansas. My brackets are history, so I'm just hoping for a lot more entertaining games the rest of the way.
King Crimson
Eternal Scobode

Post by King Crimson »

looking like the SW region will break hard for KU with the 2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9 seeds all out. assuming ND doesn't come back from down 18 at the 14 minute mark.
""On a lonely planet spinning its way toward damnation amid the fear and despair of a broken human race, who is left to fight for all that is good and pure and gets you smashed for under a fiver? Yes, it's the surprising adventures of me, Sir Digby Chicken-Caesar!"
"
War Wagon
2010 CFB Pickem Champ

Post by War Wagon »

I almost feel sorry for Notre Dame as FSU has caught lightning in a bottle.

I almost felt sorry for Texas snatching defeat from the jaws of victory, but then remembered what a douchebag Barnes is. Eat shit, Texas.
MgoBlue-LightSpecial
Eternal Scobode

Post by MgoBlue-LightSpecial »

War Wagon wrote:I almost feel sorry for Notre Dame as FSU has caught lightning in a bottle.
Don't they say the tournament is about matchups? In hindsight, FSU was a terrible matchup for ND, as ND likes to bomb away from 3 all day and FSU is excellent at defending the perimter.
Degenerate
Eternal Scobode

Post by Degenerate »

MgoBlue-LightSpecial wrote:
War Wagon wrote:I almost feel sorry for Notre Dame as FSU has caught lightning in a bottle.
Don't they say the tournament is about matchups? In hindsight, FSU was a terrible matchup for ND, as ND likes to bomb away from 3 all day and FSU is excellent at defending the perimter.
Every offensive set for ND was dribble-drive and kick out to some shooter with a defender right in his face. They had no answer.
King Crimson
Eternal Scobode

Post by King Crimson »

War Wagon wrote: I almost felt sorry for Texas snatching defeat from the jaws of victory,
5 second call with the game in your pocket, gotta have better situational coaching than that, Rick.
"
L45B
Commanche Hero

Post by L45B »

Rack the hell out of the VCU Rams! A good friend of mine from high school is on their staff, can't help but think he's having the time of his life right now.

Oh, and got me some tickets to tOSU vs. 'Tucky and UNC vs. Marquette in Newark as well. Should be toned down a bit without 'Cuse fans lurking around. :D
“My dentist, that’s another beauty, my dentist, you kiddin’ me. It cost me five thousand dollars to have all new teeth put in. Now he tells me I need braces!” —Rodney Dangerfield
Shoalzie
WingNut

Post by Shoalzie »

Really proud of the effort by the scrappy Wolverines...if that entire group is back next year plus whatever incoming freshmen they have, that's definitely a top 25 team and a sleeper to contend for the Big Ten title. This was a great coaching job by Beilein and he's definitely cemented himself as the guy to build the program going forward. This was a year not many expected them to amount to much...maybe an NIT team if things went well. This was definitely a turning-point year for the program.

Expectations next year are have definitely been raised...this is a team that should be capable of surviving the first weekend with the combination of a very good backcourt, solid outside shooting and strong team defense. For a small team, they played defense well against bigger teams. Ohio State, Kansas and Duke all have quality bigs and they at least hung in. They need to find a big for themselves...I don't think Jordan Morgan is a big on the level of Sullinger and JuJuan Johnson within the conference. They could use some more length and rebounding because when their outside shots don't fall, there's no one there that can rebound.
Screw_Michigan
Angry Snowflake

Post by Screw_Michigan »

Bwahaahah.

kcdave wrote: Sat Sep 09, 2023 8:05 am
I was actually going to to join in the best bets activity here at good ole T1B...The guy that runs that contest is a fucking prick
Derron wrote: Sat Oct 03, 2020 3:07 pm
You are truly one of the worst pieces of shit to ever post on this board. Start giving up your paycheck for reparations now and then you can shut the fuck up about your racist blasts.