ARE YOU MOTHERFUCKING KIDDING ME?!?!

The Madness isn't confined to March here!

Moderators: the_ouskull, helmet, Shine

Truman
Eternal Scobode

ARE YOU MOTHERFUCKING KIDDING ME?!?!

Post by Truman »

With three minutes to go, CBS pulls the feed for Mizzou-Kansas with KU up 13 and switches to 1:00 pre-game for regional games around the country.

I get that. Game's been a fuck all day.

But they forgot that this shit still matters here in Kansas City area. KUFan, to celebrate a win over their most hated rival. MizzouFan, hoping for a miracle. And we could give a flying rat's ass about Michigan-Michigan Lite.

Mizzou pulls within four with a buck-30 to go.

Motherfucking, cocksucking, low-rent New York fucks. Unbelievable. On too many fronts. Think they'd pull this shit for a Georgetown-Syracuse game?

How do these useless, flaming piles of fuck manage to retain the rights to NCAA basketball games year-in, year-out?

An abomination. Inexcusable. Brain-dead and fucking retarded. This is just wrong.

:brad: :brad: :brad:
Journalism Scholar Emeritus Screw_Marcus wrote:Oh OK, so what's legal and what's not determines if something is right or not?
War Wagon
2010 CFB Pickem Champ

Re: ARE YOU MOTHERFUCKING KIDDING ME?!?!

Post by War Wagon »

Tell us how you really feel, Tru. :lol:

Actually, your words describe exactly what I was thinking about the way the Tiggers shot the ball today. Some were so bad, they didn't even deserve to be called bricks... at least bricks hit the rim.

Fuck me, that was pitiful. I turned the TV off in disgust with just over 4 minutes left when Michael Dixon threw-up a 3 pointer that missed the bucket by at least 5 feet.

This team has imploded and will be lucky to win another game.
King Crimson
Eternal Scobode

Post by King Crimson »

that's Kansas. throw it up on the glass, rebounds, putbacks.... get calls.

welcome to 8-8 Tigers.

not doing yourself any favors as per NCAA seeding with that. i think you make it, but being a 10 or best 9 seed is gonna fuck Colorado or Baylor.

and i don't think CU or Baylor deserves an NCAA bid.
""On a lonely planet spinning its way toward damnation amid the fear and despair of a broken human race, who is left to fight for all that is good and pure and gets you smashed for under a fiver? Yes, it's the surprising adventures of me, Sir Digby Chicken-Caesar!"
"
Truman
Eternal Scobode

Post by Truman »

...and I ain't through yet either, Wags.

The MA-to-Arkansas talk is about to shift into high gear.

A year-or-two ago, I would've argued against it. Now...

Go. Just fucking go. Take your nephews, and your coaching buddies' kids, and your 40-minutes-of-undefended-backdoor-cuts defense with you.

I'm sorry, Wags, but 1-10 all-time vs. Bill Self just doesn't cut it in my book.

Growin' up a Tiger fan, we learned that the Tournament was meant only for the elites, and that "Winning the League" was what truly mattered.

Short of that, you had damned well better at least split with Kansas.

Oh, sure, the Chickenhawks might luck home an NCAA Tournament Title, but a couple of losses to Mizzou over the course of their championship season always served to keep the smack fresh.

And with Mike Anderson... We get nothing.

A steady diet of Tournament appearances and an Elite 8 finish teases us into thinking Anderson is the right man to take our team to our first and only Final Four. And it COULD happen under his tutalage, given the right draw - I suppose.

But the fucker can't even beat Doc Sadler on a steady basis, much less Bill Self.

I'm tired of seeing D1-caliber Missouri kids light up scoreboards in Colorado, North Carolina, and South Bend. I'm tired of seeing D1 caliber Missouri kids on the Eastern side of the state actually even considering an offer from the University of Kansas.

We need a coach that can lock down the borders, at least contend for the Conference, beat Kansas at a minimum ONCE every fucking year, and yes, make a run at Greatness.

Mike Anderson ain't it.[/Vesuvius]
Journalism Scholar Emeritus Screw_Marcus wrote:Oh OK, so what's legal and what's not determines if something is right or not?
War Wagon
2010 CFB Pickem Champ

Post by War Wagon »

woah, step back from that ledge my friend.

But I hear you. 1-7 on the road in conference doesn't cut it. They just don't have the horses to compete with bigger, stronger athletes... the kind that Kansas routinely brings in year after fucking year, and that's a recruiting failure. When your best post player is a juco transfer who can't even dunk, that's a recruiting failure.

That said, they only have one senior (who also happens to be absolutely worthless - good riddance to Safford) and will no doubt be better next year.

And to be honest, I hated the hire at first. But coach Anderson has grown on me. I think it's way too soon to toss him.
Truman
Eternal Scobode

Post by Truman »

So how many Seniors does Kansas start?

Norm never went 1-10 vs. Kansas.

Hell, Quinn never went 1-10 vs. Kansas.

Can't wait to see your new Hawg av, Wags...
King Crimson
Eternal Scobode

Post by King Crimson »

i love you Mizzou guys. hate on Mike Anderson and Pinkel....always.

Mike Anderson at OU, in a hot minute. and i like Jeff Capel.
""On a lonely planet spinning its way toward damnation amid the fear and despair of a broken human race, who is left to fight for all that is good and pure and gets you smashed for under a fiver? Yes, it's the surprising adventures of me, Sir Digby Chicken-Caesar!"
"
Truman
Eternal Scobode

Post by Truman »

I'm a Pinkel honk, KC.

Never an issue in my world.

Why? He never went 1-10 vs. Kansas.

And neither did Billy or Kelvin, for that matter.

Mike Anderson has.

Picture that record settling with the locals versus Poke State. Or Texas.

So clever with your witticisms now?

Capel's gonna get fired. And rightly so.
War Wagon
2010 CFB Pickem Champ

Post by War Wagon »

Truman wrote: Can't wait to see your new Hawg av, Wags...
What?

I homer for the Royals, Chiefs, and Missouri Tigers.

That will never change.
King Crimson
Eternal Scobode

Post by King Crimson »

Truman wrote:I'm a Pinkel honk, KC.

Never an issue in my world.

Why? He never went 1-10 vs. Kansas.

And neither did Billy or Kelvin, for that matter.

Mike Anderson has.

Picture that record settling with the locals versus Poke State. Or Texas.

So clever with your witticisms now?

Capel's gonna get fired. And rightly so.

beating Kansas in football is your thing here? Gary Gibbs got fired because he couldn't beat Texas and Nebraska, I think Capel has one more year. he's got to make the NCAA (and he might).....but he's got to win.

Billy cut the nets down in Allen FH, they love Billy in Larry.
"
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

At least you can take solace in your team making my merry band of dickweeds look like a junior varsity girl's team.

They've gotten better as the season went, so I'll hang my hat on that.
I got 99 problems but the 'vid ain't one
Truman
Eternal Scobode

Post by Truman »

King Crimson wrote:
beating Kansas in football is your thing here? Gary Gibbs got fired because he couldn't beat Texas and Nebraska, I think Capel has one more year. he's got to make the NCAA (and he might).....but he's got to win.
No, KC, beating Kansas is my thing here.

Period.

As far as I'm concerned, we've just dropped nine-outta-10 to friggin' al-Quaida.

I hate their guts.

I'll ask you again, KC: Would it EVER be acceptable to go 1-10 vs. Whorns or the Pokes in any sport? I'm of the thought that the OU coach just better be able to hang his hat on a conference championship-or-three, or maybe even a national title to soothe the passions of the natives, be that the case.

Anderson has done NONE of these things. And fair or not, beating Kansas with some element of consistency IS the job description at Missouri.
Billy cut the nets down in Allen FH, they love Billy in Larry.
There was talk here that KU entertained a similar notion. 'Course, there was also talk here that Kansas would've found their charter tipped over on its side when they emerged from their locker room had such a thing even been attempted....
King Crimson
Eternal Scobode

Post by King Crimson »

i already told it that Gary Gibbs couldn't beat Texas. and i like the creepy Border War thing Mizzou has....i would almost always bet MU at Hearnes against KU.

we don't really worry too much about the Pokies. though, we will have to play them AGAIN in Stillwater. 2 years in a row. Fire Castiglione for that.
"
Terry in Crapchester
2012 March Madness Champ

Post by Terry in Crapchester »

Truman wrote:And with Mike Anderson... We get nothing.

A steady diet of Tournament appearances and an Elite 8 finish teases us into thinking Anderson is the right man to take our team to our first and only Final Four. And it COULD happen under his tutalage, given the right draw - I suppose.

But the fucker can't even beat Doc Sadler on a steady basis, much less Bill Self.

I'm tired of seeing D1-caliber Missouri kids light up scoreboards in Colorado, North Carolina, and South Bend. I'm tired of seeing D1 caliber Missouri kids on the Eastern side of the state actually even considering an offer from the University of Kansas.

We need a coach that can lock down the borders, at least contend for the Conference, beat Kansas at a minimum ONCE every fucking year, and yes, make a run at Greatness.

Mike Anderson ain't it.[/Vesuvius]
Until this season, I would've taken Mike Anderson over Mike Brey at ND. And to be honest, that change of opinion has more to do with Brey than it does with Anderson.

As for Hansbrough, I was somewhat critical of the transfer at first. I think I mentioned something about ND assuming the same role viz. North Carolina in hoops that Syracuse had assumed viz. ND in football back in the 80's -- they got the "wrong brother" -- Ben Hansbrough instead of Tyler, Luke Zeller instead of Tyler, much as Syracuse football had wound up with Qadry Ismail instead of Rocket, and David Bavaro instead of Mark.

Needless to say, I'm eating a lot of crow this season, and even enjoying it.
War Wagon wrote:The first time I click on one of your youtube links will be the first time.
Degenerate
Eternal Scobode

Post by Degenerate »

Truman wrote:I'm sorry, Wags, but 1-10 all-time vs. Bill Self just doesn't cut it in my book.
Actually he's 1-11 all-time.

1-10 with Misery. And 0-1 at UAB, when they were run off the floor in the first two minutes of the game of a Sweet 16 game against Self's Kansas, down by as much as 35 and losing by 26.

Anyone watching that game knew he was a hump who got lucky standing in the right place when Kentucky was caught napping the round before.
War Wagon
2010 CFB Pickem Champ

Post by War Wagon »

King Crimson wrote:i like the creepy Border War thing Mizzou has....
Creepy?

It's bred into our DNA and very personal. I not only hate their guts, like Tru, but can't stand the sight of their gear, which I'm accosted with at every turn in these parts. It makes me ill, violently. It makes me want to smash the windshield on their fucking Prius.

If your wearing a KU shirt, you could be the greatest guy in the world (not likely), you're automatically my sworn enemy. I don't want to have a beer with you, I'd rather spit in your face.

Is that creepy?
Goober McTuber
World Renowned Last Word Whore

Post by Goober McTuber »

War Wagon wrote:
Creepy?

It's bred into our DNA and very personal. I not only hate their guts, like Tru, but can't stand the sight of their gear, which I'm accosted with at every turn in these parts. It makes me ill, violently. It makes me want to smash the windshield on their fucking Prius.

If your wearing a KU shirt, you could be the greatest guy in the world (not likely), you're automatically my sworn enemy. I don't want to have a beer with you, I'd rather spit in your face.

Is that creepy?
No, just childish.
Joe in PB wrote: Yeah I'm the dumbass
schmick, speaking about Larry Nassar's pubescent and prepubescent victims wrote: They couldn't even kick that doctors ass

Seems they rather just lay there, get fucked and play victim
FLW Buckeye
2014 T1B FBBL Champ

Post by FLW Buckeye »

Goober McTuber wrote:
War Wagon wrote:
Creepy?

Is that creepy?
No, just childish.
Deal with it.
MgoBlue-LightSpecial
Eternal Scobode

Post by MgoBlue-LightSpecial »

^Well played :mrgreen:
Goober McTuber
World Renowned Last Word Whore

Post by Goober McTuber »

MgoBlue-LightSpecial wrote:^Well played :mrgreen:
:lol: :lol: :lol:
Joe in PB wrote: Yeah I'm the dumbass
schmick, speaking about Larry Nassar's pubescent and prepubescent victims wrote: They couldn't even kick that doctors ass

Seems they rather just lay there, get fucked and play victim
Truman
Eternal Scobode

Post by Truman »

That “creepy Border War thing” you refer to KC is a Way of Life in these parts.

What Wags said.

You’d have to live here to understand it... Or appreciate it.

...And somewhere Dinsdale is verklempt...

Don’t get me wrong: We live, work, shop, commute, and eat together. We high-five each other at Chiefs games and snooze through baseball season together at the K. And some folks have been known to even inter-marry. Hell, you might even be fooled into thinking that we actually tolerate one another.

But come gameday...

Every bar and home becomes an armed camp, with the Front drawn straight down the middle through the heart of the city. And Scoreboard means everything.

That said, there are few places in the country better for a college basketball fan to live than right here in Hooterville. Strong contingents of fans from almost every XII school north of the Red call this little bend in the river home, and Ten schools such as Iowa and now, Nebraska, are quick to make their presence known. It doesn’t get any better than the first two weeks in March when the MIAA, NAIA, and the XII tournaments descend upon downtown. Add an NCAA first round or regional, and this place becomes a little slice of heaven.

Oh, and Goober?

Go hoover a picket. TIA.
King Crimson
Eternal Scobode

Post by King Crimson »

i've been a fan of the BW for a long time. i'm just goofin.
"
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

There's no such thing as a bad rivalry game.
I got 99 problems but the 'vid ain't one
Adelpiero
Eternal Scobode

Post by Adelpiero »

sorry, i thought this thread was about the Big East getting 11 teams in tourney, Michigan st, Illinois, Missouri, and Marquette, etc getting tourney bids.
War Wagon
2010 CFB Pickem Champ

Post by War Wagon »

well now, look what the cat drug in.
SunCoastSooner
Reported Bible Thumper

Post by SunCoastSooner »

Degenerate wrote:
Truman wrote:I'm sorry, Wags, but 1-10 all-time vs. Bill Self just doesn't cut it in my book.
Actually he's 1-11 all-time.

1-10 with Misery. And 0-1 at UAB, when they were run off the floor in the first two minutes of the game of a Sweet 16 game against Self's Kansas, down by as much as 35 and losing by 26.

Anyone watching that game knew he was a hump who got lucky standing in the right place when Kentucky was caught napping the round before.
Put the pipe down degenerate or at least speak knowledgeably on the subjects you do know. When Anderson came into UAB they were a bona fide laughing stock. They we the sixth best team in the state... it wasn't just little brother to Alabama and Auburn but they were getting smacked around by the likes of Southern Alabama, Alabama State, and Huntsville. Anderson took over and cultivated relationships with JUCO coaches, especially at Okaloosa-Walton (now Northwest Florida State), Chipola, and Gulf Coast in Florida. He took their program from the Bama bitch to regularly beating SEC and mid-tier ACC competition and developing solid JUCO transfers into NBA draft picks.

I think Misery fan is forgetting just how miserable life with Quinn was and that beloved Norm couldn't get past the regional finals either.

I also love how delusional Misery fan tries to play it off like Kansas is that hump game and they weren't typically playing third, fourth, and even sometimes fifth chair to Oklahoma, Kansas State, and Oklahoma State traditionally as well. There is only one school who has a winning record (and at a considerable margin at that) over every other school in the conference other than Kansas in head to head match ups and it isn't Misery by a long shot.
BSmack wrote:I can certainly infer from that blurb alone that you are self righteous, bible believing, likely a Baptist or Presbyterian...
Miryam wrote:but other than that, it's cool, man. you're a christer.
LTS TRN 2 wrote:Okay, Sunny, yer cards are on table as a flat-out Christer.