Latest Obamacare Slapdown

It's the 17th Anniversary for T1B - Fuckin' A

Moderator: Jesus H Christ

Bizzarofelice
I wanna be a bear

Re: Latest Obamacare Slapdown

Post by Bizzarofelice »

why do you call it obamacare?

Obama didn't write this. He just voted for it. Why call it Obamacare?
why is my neighborhood on fire
Truman
Eternal Scobode

Post by Truman »

Um...

Cajoled, blustered, bullied, threatened, lied, misrepresented, prevaricated, and ultimately, signed into law – but never voted for. Constitution n' junk.

But to answer your question, Biz: Because the phrase “Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act” apparently doesn’t make Liberal heads explode nearly as effectively as the term “Obamacare”.
Journalism Scholar Emeritus Screw_Marcus wrote:Oh OK, so what's legal and what's not determines if something is right or not?
Terry in Crapchester
2012 March Madness Champ

Post by Terry in Crapchester »

Or I suppose you could call it "Romneycare," since that's the model upon which it was constructed. Of course, that one will make the righties' heads explode.
War Wagon wrote:The first time I click on one of your youtube links will be the first time.
smackaholic
Walrus Team 6

Post by smackaholic »

Terry in Crapchester wrote:Or I suppose you could call it "Romneycare," since that's the model upon which it was constructed. Of course, that one will make the righties' heads explode.
you talking about the same romneycare that is helping mass give cali a run for most brokeass state in the union?
mvscal wrote:The only precious metals in a SHTF scenario are lead and brass.
Diego in Seattle
Rouser Of Rabble

Post by Diego in Seattle »

I'd say a hell of a lot more right wing heads explode than liberals' when it comes to the word Obamacare. The title of this thread is evidence of that.
“Left Seater” wrote:So charges are around the corner?
9/27/22
BSmack
2005 and 2010 JFFL Champion

Post by BSmack »

88 wrote:
Bizzarofelice wrote:why do you call it obamacare?

Obama didn't write this. He just voted for it. Why call it Obamacare?
Isn't that what the media usually calls it?
If by "media" you are referring to Fox "News", you might be right.
"Once upon a time, dinosaurs didn't have families. They lived in the woods and ate their children. It was a golden age."

—Earl Sinclair

"I do have respect for authority even though I throw jelly dicks at them.

- Antonio Brown
Truman
Eternal Scobode

Post by Truman »

Please note the use of the word "apparently" in my initial reply to Biz, Ter, as it appeared he was having a moment.

Oh, and BTW:
Terry in Crapchester wrote:Or I suppose you could call it "Lenincare", "Fidelcare", or "Maocare"," since that's the model upon which it was constructed.
Fixed N/C
Journalism Scholar Emeritus Screw_Marcus wrote:Oh OK, so what's legal and what's not determines if something is right or not?
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

Bizzarofelice wrote: Obama didn't write this. He just voted for it.

a :facepalm: seems pretty appropriate here.

You are correct that Obama didn't write it.

It was written by a committee chair who fully admits even he doesn't understand it.

Then passed by a Congress that fully admits to not reading it.

Signed into law by a President who smokes like a chimney.

Administered by a Treasury Secretary who didn't pay his taxes.

Overseen by a Surgeon General who is obese.

And financed by a country that's broke.

It really exemplifies the brilliance of Washington DC.
I got 99 problems but the 'vid ain't one
smackaholic
Walrus Team 6

Post by smackaholic »

Dinsdale wrote:

It was written by a committee chair who fully admits even he doesn't understand it.

rack the fukk outta dins. every person in the country needs to read that post and attempt to argue any of it.
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

smackaholic wrote:
rack the fukk outta dins. every person in the country needs to read that post and attempt to argue any of it.

I appreciate the love, but I don't think I deserve too much in the way of racks for restating something that has been mass-emailed a few hundred million times.
smackaholic
Walrus Team 6

Post by smackaholic »

Dinsdale wrote:
smackaholic wrote:

I appreciate the love, but I don't think I deserve too much in the way of racks for restating something that has been mass-emailed a few hundred million times.
well, fukken rack them too!!!!
Mace
Eternal Scobode

Post by Mace »

smackaholic wrote:rack the fukk outta dins. every person in the country needs to read that post and attempt to argue any of it.
Okay............
Obama quit smoking over a year ago.
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

Mace wrote:

So the White House tells us... despite the fact he's been seen smoking since then.
Mace
Eternal Scobode

Post by Mace »

Dinsdale wrote:
Mace wrote:

So the White House tells us... despite the fact he's been seen smoking since then.
If you've got a link to dispute it, then post it.

http://www.npr.org/2010/12/11/131988671 ... ot-Smoking
He Might Need A Cigarette, But Obama Isn't Smokingby NPR StaffDecember 11, 2010

December 11, 2010 Talk about stress: your popularity ratings are dipping, pundits pound you from the left and the right, you get shellacked in midterm elections, the unemployment rate stalls near 10 percent. Then one day, a friend elbows you in the chops under the basket, and you need so many stitches that you can't pronounce "superfluous." Yet, as host Scott Simon notes, President Obama has apparently not smoked a cigarette in nine months.
ADAM
still pays, but gets no sex anymore

Post by ADAM »

It's all horse-shit and you know it....STOP with the links....Ask yourself this...Can YOU actually do anything about this travesty called "Obama-care"....

It's the same Clinton healthcare plan revamped and given new ways to dazzle any fool distracted by a simple pinwheel....

YOU ARE A MORON IF YOU THINK HEALTH CARE IS A RIGHT!
The only right answer to a fool is silence
BSmack

Post by BSmack »

ADAM wrote:It's all horse-shit and you know it....STOP with the links....Ask yourself this...Can YOU actually do anything about this travesty called "Obama-care"....

It's the same Clinton healthcare plan revamped and given new ways to dazzle any fool distracted by a simple pinwheel....

Sorry, but case law and the US code disagree with you. Ever hear of the "Patient's Bill of Rights?"
"Once upon a time, dinosaurs didn't have families. They lived in the woods and ate their children. It was a golden age."

—Earl Sinclair

- Antonio Brown
ADAM

Post by ADAM »

Now Wait one sec here......

A "patients bill of rights" is about a bunch of BS

A right is something man can not take from you...

A right to health care is not a god given right.....
Truman
Eternal Scobode

Post by Truman »

BSmack wrote:
ADAM wrote:It's all horse-shit and you know it....STOP with the links....Ask yourself this...Can YOU actually do anything about this travesty called "Obama-care"....

Sorry, but case law and the US code disagree with you. Ever hear of the "Patient's Bill of Rights?"
Well and good, but unfortunately, your requisite red herring argument produces the usual stench in this case.

Judge Vinson is laughing at you, as well as every sentient being that can actually manage to work out the words of the United States Constitution. C'mon, B, a veritable Workers Paradise and FREE Medicine lies in wait a mere 68 miles north of your current home, and I hear the Interwebs work just fine up there...
Mace
Eternal Scobode

Post by Mace »

ADAM wrote:Now Wait one sec here......

Really? Then I guess we don't have a "right" to be free....since man can take that away. Man cannot take away your stupidity, so I guess you do have a right to be stupid. Congrats.
ADAM

Post by ADAM »

Props to Truman for the legalese....
I'M NOT A lawyer but I know BS when I see it....

Government Mandated healthcare while nice, on paper, is ineffectual...

Health care is not a right
Driving a car is not a right

It's a nasty double edged sword my friends....
ADAM

Post by ADAM »

Mace wrote:
ADAM wrote:Now Wait one sec here......

Really? Then I guess we don't have a "right" to be free....since man can take that away. Man cannot take away your stupidity, so I guess you do have a right to be stupid. Congrats.
Mace, you have become a blithering idiot....Your true form comes through when not part of Mag7...

You missed the point entirely....

Now take a step back and really think about what you typed....
Mace
Eternal Scobode

Post by Mace »

What? That you're stupid? Yeah, I'll stand by that statement.
Truman
Eternal Scobode

Post by Truman »

ADAM wrote:Props to Truman for the legalese....
I'M NOT A lawyer but I know BS when I see it....

Government Mandated healthcare while nice, on paper, is ineffectual...

Health care is not a right
Driving a car is not a right

It's a nasty double edged sword my friends....
At last count, ADAM, there are at least five Solicitors by my reckoning that lurk this Board, and I am more than happy to save the "legalese" to them... As well as their interpretation of the Constitution.

That said, however, it is always a comfort to know that there are learn-ed folks out there to explain my constitutional rights to me... Because clearly, the Perfect Document Written by Imperfect Men doesn't mean what it says.

Or doesn't say.

But I'm of the opinion that 88 is pretty-much nailz with most everything he posts in this regard. The rest... well... Image

As for BSmack.. B moves more goal posts than the Carrier Dome's Groundskeeper. Stay on topic, keep to your guns, and you'll be just fine...
BSmack

Post by BSmack »

Truman wrote:Judge Vinson is laughing at you, as well as every sentient being that can actually manage to work out the words of the United States Constitution. C'mon, B, a veritable Workers Paradise and FREE Medicine lies in wait a mere 68 miles north of your current home, and I hear the Interwebs work just fine up there...
Judge Vinson is a corporate whore.

As for Canada, I have been tempted. But first I have to finish my educational endeavors. Then we'll see where the job markets take me. My great grandmother on my paternal grandfather's side of the family was a Canadian. So maybe I'll go back to my roots in Hamilton. :wink:

—Earl Sinclair

- Antonio Brown
smackaholic
Walrus Team 6

Post by smackaholic »

ADAM wrote:A right is something man can not take from you...
what i believe you are attempting to say is that a right can not be something which you must take from another since others have the right to not be stolen from.
Bizzarofelice
I wanna be a bear

Post by Bizzarofelice »

smackaholic wrote:
Dinsdale wrote:

How about that!!!! Dins found some restraint! He acknowledged a point made by "the opposition" without blathering on and on with an unrelated contention! This is a rare treat indeed. Maybe he is turning over a new leaf and...

some sheep wrote:
Dinsdale wrote:It was written by a committee chair who fully admits even he doesn't understand it.

oh well. the morons on T1B returnto the norm.
why is my neighborhood on fire
Truman
Eternal Scobode

Post by Truman »

BSmack wrote:Judge Vinson is a corporate whore.
...And the 111th Congress was a Paragon for Democracy. Point?
As for Canada, I have been tempted. But first I have to finish my educational endeavours. Then we'll see where the job markets take me. My great grandmother on my paternal grandfather's side of the family was a Canadian. So maybe I'll go back to my roots in Hamilton. :wink:

Fixed. And rack. But we're gonna hafta to work on your spelling. Surely Otis has a tutorial rattling around somewheres for American ex-pats on the Interwebs ...

Clean cities. A resplendent flag. Beautiful anthem. Hockey every night - even in the off-season. And Tim Horton's. You could do worse.

Equal trade for Second Citizenry? Could be. Not mad atcha for the consideration. You DO realize your Am-Hist degree means exactly dick up there, right? Besides, the locals will be fast to correct everything you think you know. Ask Marty.

Big leap, B... But rack the thought anyways....
Last edited by Truman on Sun Mar 06, 2011 1:25 am, edited 1 time in total.
Truman
Eternal Scobode

Post by Truman »

Bizzarofelice wrote:oh well. the morons on T1B returnto the norm.
Dude. A Mizzou degree? Really? "Morons and "returnto" in the same sentence? Are we to chalk this one up as just a simple message-boarding faux-pas?
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

Truman wrote: "Morons and "returnto" in the same sentence? Are we to chalk this one up as just a simple message-boarding faux-pas?

I like the way he returnto the norm of trying to insult other people's intelligence after saying something ungodly, jaw-dropping stupid, that brings into question whether he even made it past junior high, much less university.

Although, I guess "voted" and "vetoed" almost kinda look similar.
BSmack

Post by BSmack »

Truman wrote:
BSmack wrote:As for Canada, I have been tempted. But first I have to finish my educational endeavours. Then we'll see where the job markets take me. My great grandmother on my paternal grandfather's side of the family was a Canadian. So maybe I'll go back to my roots in Hamilton. :wink:
Fixed. And rack. But we're gonna hafta to work on your spelling. Surely Otis has a tutorial rattling around somewheres for American ex-pats on the Interwebs ...

Clean cities. A resplendent flag. Beautiful anthem. Hockey every night - even in the off-season. And Tim Horton's. You could do worse.

Equal trade for Second Citizenry? Could be. Not mad atcha for the consideration. You DO realize your Am-Hist degree means exactly dick up there, right? Besides, the locals will be fast to correct everything you think you know. Ask Marty.

Big leap, B... But rack the thought anyways....
It would be a HUGE leap. And more likely than not it will never happen. But I am doing some research just in case.

BTW, my degree was in history, not just American history. But were I to move up north, I would bone up on the history, culture and French. I like to think of myself as a considerate and sensitive guest.

—Earl Sinclair

- Antonio Brown
mvscal
Blank

Post by mvscal »

BSmack wrote:Judge Vinson is a corporate whore.
Link?

Intelligent people understand that corporate whores are the ones who wrote the piece of shit legislation in the first place. You just ate the shit was shoveled into your mouth.
Last edited by mvscal on Sun Mar 06, 2011 2:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
Screw_Michigan wrote: Fri Apr 05, 2019 4:39 pmUnlike you tards, I actually have functioning tastebuds and a refined pallet.
Truman
Eternal Scobode

Post by Truman »

We all slip. It’s inevitable.

But to question a poster’s intelligence while tripping over your own dick? Or, better yet, THAT of an entire Board?

This ain’t Goby you’re smacking, Hammy.

Best to have your shit wrapped up tight in little balls.

Otherwise… It ain’t a question of “if” we’re gonna pile on you for such transgressions...

But “when”.

Woulda thought you’d know better by now, Biz. Welcome to the Jungle...
Terry in Crapchester
2012 March Madness Champ

Post by Terry in Crapchester »

BSmack wrote:BTW, my degree was in history, not just American history. But were I to move up north, I would bone up on the history, culture and French. I like to think of myself as a considerate and sensitive guest.
I don't consider myself an expert on Canada, but I have been north of the border more than once or twice. Kinda inevitable if you live around here, what with Toronto being significantly closer to us than NYC, but I digress.

In any event, while I've seen plenty of road signage in both English and French in Ontario, I've yet to see any road signage in French alone, at least in Ontario. In fact, while French is an official language (along with English) in Canada, I've always been under the impression that French, as Canada's primary language, was pretty much confined to the province of Quebec. I've yet to encounter a local in Ontario who insisted on speaking to me in French, although perhaps they refrained from doing so mostly out of politeness. In any event, it appears to me that one could survive in Ontario knowing English only, although I've never really lived there, so I suppose I could be wrong on that point.
War Wagon wrote:The first time I click on one of your youtube links will be the first time.
Dr_Phibes
P.H.D - M.B.E. - O.B.E.

Post by Dr_Phibes »

well I fancy playing golf in Saratoga for the rest of my life so if anyones up for trades, I've got a passport, some glue and an exacto knife.
BSmack

Post by BSmack »

Terry,

There is no way I would live as a Canadian resident and NOT venture into Quebec. I love me some Montreal. And I would love to visit the Plains of Abraham and Quebec City someday. I know the basics for navigation (Arret, Rue, Pont...) but I would hardly be able to carry on even a limited conversation. IMO, you don't really get to experience the culture if you can't speak with people. Even as a day tourist, I felt like not having even a limited proficiency in French really lessened my experience when I visited Montreal.

Phibes,

You want to play golf in Saratoga? There's a lot better places in America for golf than Saratoga. Please do explain.

—Earl Sinclair

- Antonio Brown
smackaholic
Walrus Team 6

Post by smackaholic »

Having been to both quebec and ontario, i noticed something.

in ontario, just about every fukking sign is bi-lingual. the english speaking ontarioans really do attempt to accomadate their frenchie bros. in quebec, you gotta search a little to find a sign in english. this is despite the fact that the majority of their country speaks english, the majority of their tourists from down south speak english and they have been ruled by the english a heck of a lot longer than they were the frenchies who were run before we ran the english down here in the colonies.

imagine if the roles were reversed. it was the frenchies that got over in north america and quebec was a province of brit descendants who had been ruled by the french since the middle of the 18th century. do you 'spose they'd be speaking english, with primarily english signage? i kinda doubt it.
Dr_Phibes
P.H.D - M.B.E. - O.B.E.

Post by Dr_Phibes »

Quebec is unilingual, having conducted many intensive, fact-finding drinking expeditions into the place - I've found that as long as you make an attempt at it, they're fine no matter how badly you butcher it.
There was time not long ago when wearing a union jack tie would have been a really bad idea. I had lettuce thrown at me in a burger restaurant for speaking only English (or being pissed) but that's gone.
French in Ontario are limited to the east and scattered north. The bi-lingual act sounds like pandering and it was, but Trudeau was no stooge, it pulled Quebec deeper into Canada making it harder to push for separation.

French immersion school in Ontario is just a way for the middle class to get their kids away from the riff-raff and have government subsidise it.

French complain, it's what they do, it's part of their charm, it makes them French. They're politically sophisticated, vive la différence.

What's wrong with Saratoga :? Saratoga National is supposed to be third best course in the state, no bruthas in that place. It's a nice town, colonial architecture, art deco, good food.
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

Dr_Phibes wrote:Saratoga National is supposed to be third best course in the state, no bruthas in that place. It's a nice town, colonial architecture, art deco, good food.

If you want the first-best public course (anywhere), you need to head to the Proper Coast.

And there isn't a brutha within 200 miles of there.

Although Saratoga would be a fine choice when it's winter everywhere else.
Dr_Phibes
P.H.D - M.B.E. - O.B.E.

Post by Dr_Phibes »

Flying thousands of miles to fuck up greens in Oregon isn't cost-effective. Saratoga National is the only course I've played on that cost more than $35.00, that place blew me away, holy shit.
BSmack

Post by BSmack »

Dr_Phibes wrote:What's wrong with Saratoga :? Saratoga National is supposed to be third best course in the state, no bruthas in that place. It's a nice town, colonial architecture, art deco, good food.
There's nothing particularly wrong with Saratoga. I have a friend who lives in a hamlet just outside of Saratoga Springs. I've been there more than a few times. I just don't think of it as a golf Mecca by any stretch. If you're talking about retiring to a golfing lifestyle with plenty of course variety, I'd be looking at places like Hilton Head, where they have multiple award winning layouts. Or, if you like seasons, a place like Killington.

—Earl Sinclair

- Antonio Brown