Fudge Truffle Cheesecake w/Raspberry topping

"Hey Mikey"

Moderator: Mikey

mvscal
Blank

Fudge Truffle Cheesecake w/Raspberry topping

Post by mvscal »

I always thought cheesecakes were difficult. They aren't. They're way fucking easy. They do take one piece of specialized equipment: a 9" springform pan. ($10 - $15 bucks at Target etc.)

This is a little too rich for everyday but is very impressive for nice dinner party. I made this for my FUCKING FAMILY at a slightly larger than usual Thursday get together.

Preheat oven to 300.

Chocolate crumb crust:

20 oreos with cream filling removed and crushed in food processor
1/2 cup powdered sugar
6 tbs butter, melted

Mix crushed oreos with sugar and add melted butter to form a crumby, buttery mess. Spread evenly over the bottom of the pan and tamp down with spoon.

Cake batter:

3 8oz packages of cream cheese, softened (45 seconds in microwave)
14 oz can sweetened condsensed milk
12 oz bag of dark chocolate chips, melted gently until smooth in double boiler
4 eggs
2 tsp vanilla extract

Beat the cream cheese until smooth and add the condensed milk in gradual additions until integrated. Add one egg at a time and mix until integrated then add vanilla and melted chocolate and mix well. Pour on top of prepared crust.

Place roasting pan with a good amount of water on the rack underneath the cake pan (prevents cracking) and bake for 65 to 70 minutes. Remove and run a thin knife around the edge of the pan. Let cool to room temp and remove ring. Place in fridge for a couple hours.

Raspberry topping:

1 package frozen raspberries
1 cup sugar
2 tbs cornstarch
1 tbs lemon juice

Thaw the berries. Make a double strength simple syrup by dissolving 1 cup sugar in 1/2 cup boiling water and set aside. Drain the berries into a measuring cup, add lemon juice and water if necessary to get to 1/2 cup then mix in the cornstarch and add to the sugar syrup. Boil until mixture thickens and add the berries and whatever juice is still in the bag. Let cool then put it in the fridge for a couple hours with the cake. Spoon over individual slices or whatever.
Screw_Michigan wrote: Fri Apr 05, 2019 4:39 pmUnlike you tards, I actually have functioning tastebuds and a refined pallet.
White Cock
Jake

Re: Fudge Truffle Cheesecake w/Raspberry topping

Post by White Cock »

I don't see any beans in that recipe...

wtf?
This space for sale
trev
New Sheriff in Town

Re: Fudge Truffle Cheesecake w/Raspberry topping

Post by trev »

OMG, I use sweetened condensed milk for my cheesecake and it always turns out perfect. Never, never add chocolate though. I might try your crust with regular cheesecake and your rasberry topping.

Sounds delicious. Where was my invite?