Korie Lucious, problem child

The Madness isn't confined to March here!

Moderators: the_ouskull, helmet, Shine

Goober McTuber
World Renowned Last Word Whore

Korie Lucious, problem child

Post by Goober McTuber »

Gone for the year for conduct detrimental. Wisconsin's gift to the Spartans.
Joe in PB wrote: Yeah I'm the dumbass
schmick, speaking about Larry Nassar's pubescent and prepubescent victims wrote: They couldn't even kick that doctors ass

Seems they rather just lay there, get fucked and play victim
MgoBlue-LightSpecial
Eternal Scobode

Re: Korie Lucious, problem child

Post by MgoBlue-LightSpecial »

It'd be nice to re-gift him. He sucks.
MgoBlue-LightSpecial
Eternal Scobode

l to r: this season

Make that two key players within the last year essentially dismissed from the program. I say essentially because rumor is Lucious is transferring. I don't know what the fuck's going on with all these headcases, but there is a sizable recruiting class coming in next year, and I hope they bring some character and leadership along with their ability.

I'm downplaying the loss of Lucious a bit. It's good and bad. He's hit some huge shots in a Spartan uniform, but has been terribly inconsistent over the years, a turnover machine, and little basketball IQ. And perhaps he hurts team chemistry. I don't know. The problem is after Lucas there is almost no depth. Just a walk on white kid who can't even shoot the ball. He's your typical "tough, gritty" defender. Lucious was supposed to be the starting PG next year, but I didn't think he was up to the task. So I say good riddance and good luck.

I still wouldn't be surprised if this team sucks it up and makes a run to the FF, just as I wouldn't be surprised if they got bounced in the first round. What a fucked up season.
Goober McTuber

Post by Goober McTuber »

Lucious played high school ball in Milwaukee. I’m assuming Bo didn’t go after him because they were aware of his character issues. That, or he lacked the requisite “flopping” skills.
schmick, speaking about Larry Nassar's pubescent and prepubescent victims wrote: They couldn't even kick that doctors ass

Screw_Michigan
Angry Snowflake

Post by Screw_Michigan »

MgoBlue-LightSpecial wrote:I still wouldn't be surprised if this team sucks it up and makes a run to the FF
Yeah, that's not gonna happen.
kcdave wrote: Sat Sep 09, 2023 8:05 am
I was actually going to to join in the best bets activity here at good ole T1B...The guy that runs that contest is a fucking prick
Derron wrote: Sat Oct 03, 2020 3:07 pm
You are truly one of the worst pieces of shit to ever post on this board. Start giving up your paycheck for reparations now and then you can shut the fuck up about your racist blasts.
MgoBlue-LightSpecial
Eternal Scobode

Goober McTuber wrote:Lucious played high school ball in Milwaukee. I’m assuming Bo didn’t go after him because they were aware of his character issues. That, or he lacked the requisite “flopping” skills.
I wasn't aware of any character issues coming out of high school. Unless you're just making assumptions about a black inner city kid.
MgoBlue-LightSpecial
Eternal Scobode

Screw_Michigan wrote:
MgoBlue-LightSpecial wrote:I still wouldn't be surprised if this team sucks it up and makes a run to the FF
Yeah, that's not gonna happen.
That's what everybody said last year too. But I wouldn't bet on it, that's for sure.
Goober McTuber

Post by Goober McTuber »

MgoBlue-LightSpecial wrote:
Goober McTuber wrote:Lucious played high school ball in Milwaukee. I’m assuming Bo didn’t go after him because they were aware of his character issues. That, or he lacked the requisite “flopping” skills.
I wasn't aware of any character issues coming out of high school. Unless you're just making assumptions about a black inner city kid.
I was making assumptions based on the fact that Bo didn't go after him.

MgoBlue-LightSpecial
Eternal Scobode

:meds:
Goober McTuber

Post by Goober McTuber »

Roll your eyes all you want, but there was a reason Wisconsin didn't go after the high school player of the year who grew up in Madison. That kid chose Marquette, his daddy didn't like the way he was being used and now he's at Tennessee. Hard to argue about the character of Badger B-Ballers. Or their whiteness.

MgoBlue-LightSpecial
Eternal Scobode

But you don't always know what you're inheriting. Bo runs a clean program. So does Izzo. So do a lot of coaches. Bo hasn't cornered the market on all things pure and righteous. Just be careful. Going down the path of sanctimony can come to bite you in the ass.
Goober McTuber

Post by Goober McTuber »

MgoBlue-LightSpecial wrote:Bo hasn't cornered the market on all things pure and righteous.
It's not for lack of effort. Six Academic All-Big 10 players last year.

MgoBlue-LightSpecial
Eternal Scobode

He's taking clean cut whitey from Pleasantville, who grew up with a golden retriever, a white picket fence, and two successful parents. Of course there's nothing wrong with that, but it requires no "effort" to mold these kids.
Goober McTuber

Post by Goober McTuber »

MgoBlue-LightSpecial wrote:He's taking clean cut whitey from Pleasantville, who grew up with a golden retriever, a white picket fence, and two successful parents. Of course there's nothing wrong with that, but it requires no "effort" to mold these kids.
It takes a huge effort to win with them, and only them.

MgoBlue-LightSpecial
Eternal Scobode

Bo is a good recruiter, and goes after the kids he needs to run his system. But he's not getting scrubs. These are high caliber players.