Fuck Off, Beekers

The Madness isn't confined to March here!

Moderators: the_ouskull, helmet, Shine

Truman
Eternal Scobode

Fuck Off, Beekers

Post by Truman »

It’s a good day.

Regardless of what happens in Columbia tonight, my 2nd Favorite Team in the Country Today just won a big game on the road.

My 2nd Favorite Team in the Country Today being…

Anyone who plays Kansas.

Not only will three-quarters of the population of that murderous, reprehensible, over-rated backwater wake up miserable tomorrow, their winning streak of 69 game’s-worth of home cookin’ at Phog-Faggot-Allen Fieldhouse comes to a screeching halt.

Rack Texas for getting the job done. Oh, and a hale-and-hearty Fuck You to the University of Fucking Kansas.
Journalism Scholar Emeritus Screw_Marcus wrote:Oh OK, so what's legal and what's not determines if something is right or not?
King Crimson
Eternal Scobode

Re: Fuck Off, Beekers

Post by King Crimson »

51-28 in the second half for UT.
""On a lonely planet spinning its way toward damnation amid the fear and despair of a broken human race, who is left to fight for all that is good and pure and gets you smashed for under a fiver? Yes, it's the surprising adventures of me, Sir Digby Chicken-Caesar!"
"
War Wagon
2010 CFB Pickem Champ

Post by War Wagon »

:lol:

Beat me to it.

Yes, it's a good day when the squawks get beat. Even better in front of the home crowd. I really enjoyed watching the look of despair on the hopeless, helpless, unbelieving faces. The KU Star will be apopletic

RACK! the fuck outta' Texas.
Truman
Eternal Scobode

Post by Truman »

Indeed, Wags.

The Nordy's at Town Centre will be thick with Johnson Countians considering the purchase of designer shower rods.

A full week of par usualm What's wrong with Kansas? hand-wringing awaits the evening drive on the local blow torches....

:mrgreen:
Journalism Scholar Emeritus Screw_Marcus wrote:Oh OK, so what's legal and what's not determines if something is right or not?
txangler74
Elwood

Post by txangler74 »

Nice win for the Horns. Had to beat Kansas and the refs.
F-You man, I'll never go to Texas. I hated Texas from that point on.
-Eric Dickerson on his recruitment to the University of Texas
War Wagon
2010 CFB Pickem Champ

Post by War Wagon »

To win a roadie in the XII, you always have to beat the refs, but I didn't see anything too egregious in that game. Texas went to the line 31 times, Kansas 18, so I don't see where you're pulling that card from.

If Texas "only" gets to the line 31 times next Saturday night in Austin, Mizzou might sneak out of there with a win.
Harvdog
Eternal Scobode

Post by Harvdog »

It was fun to watch. I remember how their players acted last year in Austin when they beat us and it sucked.

This Texas team is totally different than last year and Barnes should get a ton of credit for what he is doing. They do not shy away in scheduling a tough OOC. Going on the road and winning in Greensboro against UNC, Lansing against MST and now Lawrence against KU is huge. This team lost 2 heartbreakers to Pitt by 2 and Uconn by 1.

This year the players are playing for the name on the front of the jersey and not on the back.
King Crimson
Eternal Scobode

Post by King Crimson »

seems like around here, Harv, you are the one who has been rough on Barnes over the last few years. IIRC. unlike your football team, UT hoops does always play a nice OOC. good week for UT hoops, pound ATM and win at Allen FH.

the last 5 minutes at AFH can always provide some interesting officiating if the game is in doubt....but, Texas dominated the last 25-30 minutes of the game. impressive. Tristam Thompson may have the worst FT trajectory i've seen in a LONG time.
""On a lonely planet spinning its way toward damnation amid the fear and despair of a broken human race, who is left to fight for all that is good and pure and gets you smashed for under a fiver? Yes, it's the surprising adventures of me, Sir Digby Chicken-Caesar!"
"
MgoBlue-LightSpecial
Eternal Scobode

Post by MgoBlue-LightSpecial »

Texas looks FF legit to me. And I never say that about a Rick Barnes team.
Harvdog
Eternal Scobode

Post by Harvdog »

King Crimson wrote:seems like around here, Harv, you are the one who has been rough on Barnes over the last few years.
You are right. I have been hard on him because last years team ran the asylum. If you ask him he will tell you that last year was the worst coaching job he has ever done. 3 players drafted into the NBA and you go out in the 1st round? Lose 10 of 17 games? Yep. We had no offense and there was not chemistry with that team.

I will give him credit this year because he went and installed an offense that utilizes the skills of the players he has. There is a really good chemistry and this team is not as deep as last years team. This is one of his best coaching jobs to date. He has been outstanding and should be a candidate for COTY.