U Michigan jet in Baton Rouge

Fuck Jim Delany

Moderators: 88BuckeyeGrad, Left Seater, buckeye_in_sc

MgoBlue-LightSpecial
Eternal Scobode

Re: U Michigan jet in Baton Rouge

Post by MgoBlue-LightSpecial »

Terry in Crapchester wrote:They'll still wind up with Hoke, most likely.
Well, yeah, but I'm talking about people that Michigan actually wants to hire.
Degenerate
Eternal Scobode

Post by Degenerate »

If Hoke turns it down, Brandon will have to keep running through his list of "Michigan Men"

David Allan Grier
Dave Coulier
Gerald Ford
Ted Kaczynksi
Mace
Eternal Scobode

Post by Mace »

Terry in Crapchester wrote:
MgoBlue-LightSpecial wrote:So now two "michigan men" have turned down the job. Bwaa. Damn.
They'll still wind up with Hoke, most likely. San Diego may be a nicer place to live than Ann Arbor, but the SDSU job isn't even in the same stratosphere as the Michigan job.

I think Hoke takes it, and swallows his pride over being third choice.
Third choice, or fourth? Pat Fitzgerald also told them he wasn't interested.
Screw_Michigan
Angry Snowflake

Post by Screw_Michigan »

Degenerate wrote:If Hoke turns it down, Brandon will have to keep running through his list of "Michigan Men"

David Allan Grier
Dave Coulier
Gerald Ford
Ted Kaczynksi
Andrew Shirvell (little in-state humor there for you)
The Sklar Brothers

Bwaha. FTFY. I think Gary Moeller is still available.
kcdave wrote: Sat Sep 09, 2023 8:05 am
I was actually going to to join in the best bets activity here at good ole T1B...The guy that runs that contest is a fucking prick
Derron wrote: Sat Oct 03, 2020 3:07 pm
You are truly one of the worst pieces of shit to ever post on this board. Start giving up your paycheck for reparations now and then you can shut the fuck up about your racist blasts.
Screw_Michigan
Angry Snowflake

Post by Screw_Michigan »

Yeah, Sam. He's a sick, sadistic fuck. Didn't realize people outside of Michigan knew who he was.
I was actually going to to join in the best bets activity here at good ole T1B...The guy that runs that contest is a fucking prick
You are truly one of the worst pieces of shit to ever post on this board. Start giving up your paycheck for reparations now and then you can shut the fuck up about your racist blasts.
Truman
Eternal Scobode

Post by Truman »

Terry in Crapchester wrote:While we're on the topic... MizzouFan, of all people, has been all but begging any program in the market for a new coach that will listen to take a much better coach, Gary Pinkel, off his program's hands. Ponderous, that.
Ponderous indeed, Ter...

Saw where the firegarypinkel.com domain was deleted last July, and the two Facebook fan pages that bear a variation of the same name have less than 75 “friends” between them.

I can't speak for Bace's side of the state, but lot's of folks in these parts were fairly concerned when the Udub job opened up and conventional wisdom suggested that the Huskies might try to call Pinkel "home". Unless you’re referring to the odd post by a few disgruntled trolls on the Mizzou homer boards, I haven’t heard of a serious call for Pinkel’s dismissal since the beginning of the 2007 season.

:?
Journalism Scholar Emeritus Screw_Marcus wrote:Oh OK, so what's legal and what's not determines if something is right or not?
Mace
Eternal Scobode

Post by Mace »

I'm not close to the Missouri program but I think Pinkel has done a good job getting Missouri close to where he would like it to be. There were the normal complaints early on when Mizzou wasn't winning but the past few years seemed to have changed that. I know several high school coaches who have attended some of his camps and were impressed.
Degenerate
Eternal Scobode

Post by Degenerate »

An ESPN radio affiliate in MI is saying it's Hoke.
WolverineSteve
2012 CFB Bowl Jeopardy Champ

Post by WolverineSteve »

Yeah, it's Hoke.
"Gentlemen, it is better to have died as a small boy than to fumble this football."
-John Heisman

"Any street urchin can shout applause in victory, but it takes character to stand fast in defeat. One is noise --- the other, loyalty." Fielding Yost

Go Blue!
L45B
Commanche Hero

Post by L45B »

Looks like he'll be inheriting somewhat of a hokey offense.
“My dentist, that’s another beauty, my dentist, you kiddin’ me. It cost me five thousand dollars to have all new teeth put in. Now he tells me I need braces!” —Rodney Dangerfield
M Club
el capitán

Post by M Club »

King Crimson wrote:
Terry in Crapchester wrote: I think Hoke takes it, and swallows his pride over being third choice.
UM better hope so....Hoke might find himself with a nice bargaining position because at some point UM is going to be REALLY desperate....being turned down in public twice is already a blow to the program. After Hoke, then what? you are in Bill Callahan-to-Nebraska territory. At minimum, kiss off this recruiting class and waiting on RichRod's buyout has put UM way behind the hiring cycle/coaching carousel.

Gary Barnett!
that whole fourth-choice shit is overblown considering every coaching search works their way that far down their list of candidates, as if it actually matters aside from making fun of the fanbase who has to endure that search. (really, there's enough michigan football to make fun of as it is now that you don't have to go reaching for straws.) tressel was ohio state's 92nd choice, saban was bama's something or other choice, stoops was probably, i don't know, third or fourth? as far as this particular search went, can't really blame harbaugh for taking an nfl job and maintaining residence in the same house. can't blame old azz miles either for choosing not to give up one of the premier jobs in cfb to spend his golden years trying to make the michigan job one again. plus, according to brandon, hoke was actually our first choice. never actually offered the jobs to the other two. :meds:

who knows how this hire will work out. my initial reaction was to find a building taller than the one i live in and jump from the top, but maybe he'll turn into chiznik or something, though i don't see that happening considering we might as well have hired sudden sam instead since he and hoke feel the same about a lineman's ability to multitask (he can run AND block at the same time????? that's so pussified!).

but aside from how this hire turns out years from now, the process of hiring him was an absolute fucking joke. brandon laid out a bunch of bullshit criteria, hired a search firm, and waited till the middle of january to hire some fat guy he could have had coaching the ohio state game if he wanted. i can only imagine how pompous michigan comes off to other fans if its own are complaining about their obsession with themselves. dumbfuck should have just stood at the lectern when this thing started and said he believes only someone associated with the michigan family can coach michigan football even though our two greatest leaps forward came from outsiders (yost and bo).

and really, fuck bo for coining "michigan man." and fuck hoke/sam for the five-second look he's going to give denard before running him out as a corner. and rack denard for the finger he's going to give hoke/sam on his way out.
TheJON
Iowa State Grad

Post by TheJON »

I just read that Hoke took the job (sorry, I'm a little slow today).........

Let me preface this by saying that I am in no means suggesting Hoke is a bad hire or will not win at Michigan.

Let's get started.........

First off, Harbaugh was never going to Michigan. Everyone with half a brain KNEW he was NFL bound. His brother coaches real football, he played real football, he runs a real football style of play, so what makes anyone think that guy is going to go coach the college game even if it's at his alma mater??

So, what the fuck was Michigan doing keeping DickRod until after the bowl game? Their incoming recruiting class is nothing special. Fire the guy after the Ohio State game so that you can get a coach in there to start recruiting for next year. Maybe a new coach is able to convince/Bielema other recruits to decommit and sign with Michigan if given enough time. I don't wanna hear how they "saved money" this way. It's bullshit. They're Michigan. They're a national brand for fucks sake. They've got enough money to get this country out of debt for crying out loud. They build 85,000 new seats in their stadium every year it seems. They have 800,000 seats in the Big House and they can't afford to fire the coach before the New Year because it will cost them a million bucks or so? Yeah, right. I'll buy that one.

And if they were keeping him around to see if he could lead the winningest program of all-time to a god damn Gator Bowl victory over some 3rd tier SEC team, they are dumber than I thought. Who gives 2 shits about bowl games? Half the teams don't even give a fuck. They don't mean anything. If you win them- awesome. If not- the success of your season didn't change much. 8-5 or 7-6........what the fuck is the difference?? I know, tards........8-5 has a higher winning percentage. Shut the fuck up, I know this.

But here's what I just don't get. Michigan is now seen of as some 2nd-tier program and couldn't land a big name coach. It doesn't make sense. What the fuck did Alabama have a few years back when they got Nick the Dick that Michigan doesn't have now? Michigan has been down for 3 god damn years. They are the fucking winningest program ever and have more (fairweather) fans than any program in the country. Notre Dame has been down since WWII or something like that and they can land guys like George O'Leary, Brian Kelly, and Charlie Weis. Hell, even Ty Willingham was a bigger name than Brady Hoke.

Les Miles played for Michigan. They still can't get him (though that is a good thing).

1 of 2 things went on........

1.Michigan's AD is actually retarded enough to think that the only way they can win is by hiring a "Michigan guy"

or

2.He didn't try hard enough to lure a big name coach

I just don't buy the whole argument that this job isn't appealing to big-time coaches. Alabama sucked balls for years and got Saban. USC was down for a longer period of time and got a former NFL head coach. Oklahoma was mediocre for quite a while and landed the biggest up and coming coach in the nation. LSU had been down for a while before they landed Saban. Etc....

What do those programs have that Michigan does not? Especially considering Michigan has been down for a shorter period of time than them.

Let's see here......

1.Winningest program of all-time
2.Largest stadium in the country
3.Perhaps the largest fan base in the country
4.Money (though maybe they are too cheap)
5.Great recruiting area (Chicago, Milwaukee, Indianapolis, Cleveland, and Cincinnati all in their region)
6.Denard Robinson
7.Boosters with tons of money to pay players

With all of that, the best they really could have done was Brady Hoke? For realz?????

Now onto the whole "Michigan guy" bullshit.

I want to punch media fags in the face every time I hear one of those morons claim they need to go after a "Michigan guy". Shut the fuck up. No program ever won because they got a "(insert school name) guy". They won because they got the "right guy". I mean, does Michigan get 20 free points every game because their coach had Michigan ties before they hired him? There's absolutely NO correlation between success at a program and ties that coach had to the program prior to being hired. And anyone that tries to dispute that is a god damn fucking retard.

I know, I know.......the idiot Michigan boosters want a Michigan guy. Bullshit. They want a winner. They may have a circle jerk to celebrate the hiring of a Michigan guy, but a year later if that coach ain't doing shit on the field, it really doesn't matter who the fuck it is. Conversely, if the coach is winning, they will suck each others dicks over their success- Michigan guy or not.

What the fuck ties to USC did Petey have? Did Bob Stoops even know the state of Oklahoma existed before he got hired there? Urban Meyer was tied to Florida how? Saban had no ties to Alabama that I'm aware of other than recruiting the region.

Recruits don't come to a school to play for a guy that had previous ties to the school. They come to the school to play for a coach they are fond of at a school they like. You also don't develop players better if you're at a school you had previous ties to. Just because DickRod failed at Michigan and had no previous ties to the school doesn't mean it proves only a Michigan guy can win there. It just proves that DickRod did a poor job.
TheJON
Iowa State Grad

Post by TheJON »

M Club
el capitán

Post by M Club »

TheJON wrote: So, what the fuck was Michigan doing keeping DickRod until after the bowl game? Their incoming recruiting class is nothing special. Fire the guy after the Ohio State game so that you can get a coach in there to start recruiting for next year.
dickrod had a pretty good class shaping up, including the #1 all-purpose back in the country. of course he de-commited and will play for saban for a year or two before he himself is cut to make room for the 45 guys that dick signs every year.

as far as coaching the bowl game, brandon said he felt the players deserved a chance to prepare with the coaching staff that got them there since that's what gave them the best chance to win. you can either believe him or not. i don't, but perhaps he's that rare, principled AD we all wish ran our programs even though we think they're pussies when not cutthroat enough.

Who gives 2 shits about bowl games? Half the teams don't even give a fuck. They don't mean anything. If you win them- awesome. If not- the success of your season didn't change much. 8-5 or 7-6........what the fuck is the difference?? I know, tards........8-5 has a higher winning percentage. Shut the fuck up, I know this.
i don't think you understand much about the team dynamics in cfb. the bowl game is the last time many of them will ever play football. they take their bowl games pretty seriously, especially at michigan where they hadn't played in one for two years. plenty of interviews about how hard it was to sit at home during bowl season knowing they were the suck. your apathy doesn't reflect the team's attitude.

But here's what I just don't get. Michigan is now seen of as some 2nd-tier program and couldn't land a big name coach.
big names don't mean much considering we probably got the biggest name out there the last time around. considering how shite the big east is, dickrod probably would have played for an mnc or two had he stuck around wvu.

brandon couldn't get harbaugh, for good reason, and i doubt he even offered miles (because he wasn't interested?). i think he was absolutely fixated on hoke as a plan b. may end up a stupid decision or a wise one, but would have saved you the rant about getting a big name had that thought occurred to you.

There's absolutely NO correlation between success at a program and ties that coach had to the program prior to being hired. And anyone that tries to dispute that is a god damn fucking retard.
i agree with you that a prior relationship to the program doesn't guarantee success, but the whole dickrod thing proved that michigan is willing to cannibalize itself over a coach the right people aren't happy with. ja, it's michigan blah blah blah, but it doesn't help recruiting when players in the nfl go on monday night football to say they played for "lloyd carr's university of michigan." former players openly mocked dickrod. that resonates. now we have the flip, where tom brady and lamarr woodley are all gaga over fatboy. we have some decent talent and a favorable schedule next year, so just wait for the elephant walk when we go 8-4.
M Club
el capitán

Post by M Club »

losing what? i suppose this is another time where you trip all over yourself trying to explain something you read in the paper.
M Club
el capitán

Post by M Club »

a big, fast line that dominated the oregon defense for 40 less rushing yards then they averaged throughout the year? (70 if not for that last run since we're allowed, in your world, to just dismiss things like that.) that huge line also bulldozed its way over oregon for just over half the points they averaged against SEC competition.

nice to see you coming around on big, fast lineman now. why the need for speed since auburn's just some power running team according to what you've seen?

losing it how? that's what i asked and all.
Terry in Crapchester
2012 March Madness Champ

Post by Terry in Crapchester »

Truman wrote:
Terry in Crapchester wrote:While we're on the topic... MizzouFan, of all people, has been all but begging any program in the market for a new coach that will listen to take a much better coach, Gary Pinkel, off his program's hands. Ponderous, that.
Ponderous indeed, Ter...

Saw where the firegarypinkel.com domain was deleted last July, and the two Facebook fan pages that bear a variation of the same name have less than 75 “friends” between them.

I can't speak for Bace's side of the state, but lot's of folks in these parts were fairly concerned when the Udub job opened up and conventional wisdom suggested that the Huskies might try to call Pinkel "home". Unless you’re referring to the odd post by a few disgruntled trolls on the Mizzou homer boards, I haven’t heard of a serious call for Pinkel’s dismissal since the beginning of the 2007 season.

:?
I haven't seen Adel around here lately, but I seem to recall him trying to get rid of Pinkel more recently than that. Not so much in the "Fire Gary Pinkel, NOW" mode as in the "So-and-so is looking for a new coach? Take Gary Pinkel off our hands, please" mode.

Even before '07, though, Pinkel's winning pct. at Missouri was slightly better than the program's overall all-time winning pct., so I never quite got the vitriol your fanbase used to show toward him.
War Wagon wrote:The first time I click on one of your youtube links will be the first time.
M Club
el capitán

Post by M Club »

Sudden Sam wrote: What about Hoke do you not like? Who would you prefer UM to have hired?

By the way, I am available. And I will have linemen who can run and block.
aside from my caveat that i have no idea how this hire will turn out, i'm not excited about hoke because his primary qualification for this job seems to be nepotism. even us yankees have our good ol' boy networks. brandon promised a national search and then went into his office to call three of his three best friends to see if they wanted the job. shit, he didn't even bother with the token black interview. fine, but this could have been done six weeks ago when we had a shot at landing more than 10 recruits.

i'm also not very excited that his attitude toward the spread resembles yours. great, i suppose, difference of opinion, but we just watched dickrod run two years of spread offense before he ever had the personnel for it and i'm not up for watching another two years of spread personnel run out of the i-form just because sam hoke thinks dual-threat qbs are gay or something.

basically, though, it's not so much hoke as it was the process. otherwise, homeboy's the coach now, so i bet we win the mnc next year.
indyfrisco
Pro Bonfire

Post by indyfrisco »

Goober McTuber wrote:One last post...
Terry in Crapchester
2012 March Madness Champ

M Club wrote:
King Crimson wrote:
Terry in Crapchester wrote: I think Hoke takes it, and swallows his pride over being third choice.
UM better hope so....Hoke might find himself with a nice bargaining position because at some point UM is going to be REALLY desperate....being turned down in public twice is already a blow to the program. After Hoke, then what? you are in Bill Callahan-to-Nebraska territory. At minimum, kiss off this recruiting class and waiting on RichRod's buyout has put UM way behind the hiring cycle/coaching carousel.

Gary Barnett!
that whole fourth-choice shit is overblown considering every coaching search works their way that far down their list of candidates, as if it actually matters aside from making fun of the fanbase who has to endure that search. (really, there's enough michigan football to make fun of as it is now that you don't have to go reaching for straws.) tressel was ohio state's 92nd choice, saban was bama's something or other choice, stoops was probably, i don't know, third or fourth? as far as this particular search went, can't really blame harbaugh for taking an nfl job and maintaining residence in the same house. can't blame old azz miles either for choosing not to give up one of the premier jobs in cfb to spend his golden years trying to make the michigan job one again. plus, according to brandon, hoke was actually our first choice. never actually offered the jobs to the other two. :meds:

who knows how this hire will work out. my initial reaction was to find a building taller than the one i live in and jump from the top, but maybe he'll turn into chiznik or something, though i don't see that happening considering we might as well have hired sudden sam instead since he and hoke feel the same about a lineman's ability to multitask (he can run AND block at the same time????? that's so pussified!).

but aside from how this hire turns out years from now, the process of hiring him was an absolute fucking joke. brandon laid out a bunch of bullshit criteria, hired a search firm, and waited till the middle of january to hire some fat guy he could have had coaching the ohio state game if he wanted. i can only imagine how pompous michigan comes off to other fans if its own are complaining about their obsession with themselves. dumbfuck should have just stood at the lectern when this thing started and said he believes only someone associated with the michigan family can coach michigan football even though our two greatest leaps forward came from outsiders (yost and bo).

and really, fuck bo for coining "michigan man." and fuck hoke/sam for the five-second look he's going to give denard before running him out as a corner. and rack denard for the finger he's going to give hoke/sam on his way out.
While we're on the subject, Pete Carroll was about USC's 598th choice, and probably never would've been hired in the first place had he not approached Mike Garrett about the job first.
TheJON wrote:First off, Harbaugh was never going to Michigan. Everyone with half a brain KNEW he was NFL bound. His brother coaches real football, he played real football, he runs a real football style of play, so what makes anyone think that guy is going to go coach the college game even if it's at his alma mater??
Since he went to the 49ers, and I've been a 49er fan since the Montana years, I hope it works out. That having been said, I don't think it was in any way a no-brainer that he was NFL-bound. Steve Spurrier played "real" football as well -- how'd that NFL coaching stint work out for him? I'm somewhat surprised that college and NFL coaches jump between the ranks as often as they do. Imho, the coaching differences are so stark that they might as well be different sports, at least from a coaching perspective.

- The college game is about player development. In the NFL, the players you get are mostly finished products. There, it's more about finding the right talent to fit your system and/or tweaking your system to fit the talent you've got.

- NCAA places limits on the amount of time a college coach can spend with his players. In the NFL, the only limits on the amount of time a coach can spend with his players are based on the number of hours between games and the law of diminishing returns.

- In college football, coaches have to be surrogate fathers, dealing with teenagers and the attendant problems -- many are away from home for the first time and homesick, some are struggling with grades, etc. In the NFL, the players' personal lives are their own.

- In college football, you know ahead of time that 20-25% of your roster, or maybe slightly more, will turn over every year. In the NFL, you try to avoid that scenario.

- In the NFL, a 5- or 6-loss season is acceptable. In college football, a 1-loss season may not be acceptable, and a 2-loss season definitely is not, at least so far as national championship aspirations are concerned.

- Oh, and did I mention recruiting?

The list of coaches who had success as both NFL and college head coaches is relatively short. By contrast, there is a rather lengthy list of coaches who stumbled at one level or the other. I'll agree with you in part: I didn't think Harbaugh would take the Michigan job. But my analysis had nothing to do with the NFL, and everything to do with the fact that Harbaugh had had a rather public rift with his alma mater awhile back.

So, what the fuck was Michigan doing keeping DickRod until after the bowl game? Their incoming recruiting class is nothing special. Fire the guy after the Ohio State game so that you can get a coach in there to start recruiting for next year. Maybe a new coach is able to convince/Bielema other recruits to decommit and sign with Michigan if given enough time. I don't wanna hear how they "saved money" this way. It's bullshit. They're Michigan. They're a national brand for fucks sake. They've got enough money to get this country out of debt for crying out loud. They build 85,000 new seats in their stadium every year it seems. They have 800,000 seats in the Big House and they can't afford to fire the coach before the New Year because it will cost them a million bucks or so? Yeah, right. I'll buy that one.

And if they were keeping him around to see if he could lead the winningest program of all-time to a god damn Gator Bowl victory over some 3rd tier SEC team, they are dumber than I thought. Who gives 2 shits about bowl games? Half the teams don't even give a fuck. They don't mean anything. If you win them- awesome. If not- the success of your season didn't change much. 8-5 or 7-6........what the fuck is the difference?? I know, tards........8-5 has a higher winning percentage. Shut the fuck up, I know this.[/quote]

From what I've heard, Brandon never made his mind up to fire DickRod until after the bowl game. I'm not saying I agree with that, but it is what it is.
But here's what I just don't get. Michigan is now seen of as some 2nd-tier program and couldn't land a big name coach. It doesn't make sense. What the fuck did Alabama have a few years back when they got Nick the Dick that Michigan doesn't have now? Michigan has been down for 3 god damn years. They are the fucking winningest program ever and have more (fairweather) fans than any program in the country. Notre Dame has been down since WWII or something like that
:meds:

ND won two national championships in the 70's. As I've mentioned before, I'm a child of the 70's, and since most kids attach themselves to winners, that had a little something to do with me becoming a ND fan.
and they can land guys like George O'Leary, Brian Kelly, and Charlie Weis. Hell, even Ty Willingham was a bigger name than Brady Hoke.
George O'Leary was a big name before he got to ND? Coulda fooled me. My one-word reaction to his hire, back at the time: "Who??????"

As for Weis, let's not forget that Urban Meyer rather publicly spurned ND, and the rumors I heard at the time suggested that ND approached both Gruden and Shanahan quietly, but neither was much interested. Weis was widely regarded as a "safe" choice -- he had shopped himself around for a number of NFL head coaching jobs, without success, was a ND grad, and he jumped at the opportunity to "come home" as head coach.
War Wagon wrote:The first time I click on one of your youtube links will be the first time.
Screw_Michigan
Angry Snowflake

Post by Screw_Michigan »

M Club wrote:but aside from how this hire turns out years from now, the process of hiring him was an absolute fucking joke. brandon laid out a bunch of bullshit criteria, hired a search firm, and waited till the middle of january to hire some fat guy he could have had coaching the ohio state game if he wanted. i can only imagine how pompous michigan comes off to other fans if its own are complaining about their obsession with themselves. dumbfuck should have just stood at the lectern when this thing started and said he believes only someone associated with the michigan family can coach michigan football even though our two greatest leaps forward came from outsiders (yost and bo).
But Frank Beckmann is in LOVE with Dave Brandon! He walks on water! How DARE you talk that way about Dave Brandon!
Goober McTuber
World Renowned Last Word Whore

Post by Goober McTuber »

Terry in Crapchester wrote: Since he went to the 49ers, and I've been a 49er fan since the Montana years

ND won two national championships in the 70's. As I've mentioned before, I'm a child of the 70's, and since most kids attach themselves to winners, that had a little something to do with me becoming a ND fan.

No, most of us attached ourselves to our “local” teams, winners or not. You are obviously a front-running little band-wagonner. You are probably also a Yankee fan and either a Laker or Celtic fan.
Joe in PB wrote: Yeah I'm the dumbass
schmick, speaking about Larry Nassar's pubescent and prepubescent victims wrote: They couldn't even kick that doctors ass

Seems they rather just lay there, get fucked and play victim
Screw_Michigan
Angry Snowflake

Post by Screw_Michigan »

Goober McTuber wrote: No, most of us attached ourselves to our “local” teams, winners or not. You are obviously a front-running little band-wagonner. You are probably also a Yankee fan and either a Laker or Celtic fan.
Terry trolls as Frank Rizzo in real life.
Goober McTuber
World Renowned Last Word Whore

Post by Goober McTuber »

Screw_Michigan wrote:
Goober McTuber wrote: No, most of us attached ourselves to our “local” teams, winners or not. You are obviously a front-running little band-wagonner. You are probably also a Yankee fan and either a Laker or Celtic fan.
Terry trolls as Frank Rizzo in real life.
Rack you, Screwball, for honestly and proudly repping a bunch of losers.
Joe in PB wrote: Yeah I'm the dumbass
schmick, speaking about Larry Nassar's pubescent and prepubescent victims wrote: They couldn't even kick that doctors ass

Seems they rather just lay there, get fucked and play victim
Terry in Crapchester
2012 March Madness Champ

Goober McTuber wrote:
Terry in Crapchester wrote: Since he went to the 49ers, and I've been a 49er fan since the Montana years

No, most of us attached ourselves to our “local” teams, winners or not.
I don't have a "local" college football team, unless you count Syracuse, which is a basketball school. Notre Dame is a national Catholic school, and I attended Catholic schools as a kid. Ya think maybe there are a few ND fans in the employ of Catholic schools?

And in any event, it's clearly not true, as others have posted here:

- M Club grew up in Oregon, yet rooted for Michigan.
- Mike the drunken CU fan moved to Nebraska as a young kid (apparently before he was aware of college football), yet adopted CU as his team because his dad was an alum and because his family used to live in Colorado.
- BtH grew up a Washington fan living in Alaska, yet switched his allegiance to Oklahoma when they offered him a boatload of money.
- Killian grew up in Michigan yet roots for ND.
- Mucho grew up in New York yet roots for USF because he went to school there.
- IIRC, 88 grew up some distance from Ohio, yet became a fan of tOSU after he landed there.

That's just off the top of my head. I'm sure there are a number of others.
You are obviously a front-running little band-wagonner. You are probably also a Yankee fan and either a Laker or Celtic fan.
The Yankees are my "local" team. Tell me you knew. I live closer to Toronto, technically, but that's in a different country, and I was already 12 by the time the Blue Jays came into existence.

I couldn't give a rat's ass about the NBA (as I've posted numerous times, btw). If you have to give me a NBA team, give me the Knicks (again, my "local" team).
Screw_Michigan wrote:Terry trolls as Frank Rizzo in real life.
Nah, I spell better and drink less than he does. Besides, Rizzo's a Florida State fan.
Python
Elwood

Post by Python »

Sudden Sam wrote:What about Hoke do you not like?
He stole a can of salmon.

TheJON
Iowa State Grad

Post by TheJON »

If Terry was a band-wagonner, do you really think he would still be rooting for Notre Dame?
MgoBlue-LightSpecial
Eternal Scobode

Post by MgoBlue-LightSpecial »

TheJON wrote:If Terry was a band-wagonner, do you really think he would still be rooting for Notre Dame?
ND is always 1 year away from winning the MNC, so it's not worth jumping off the bandwagon.