WE just BUTT FUCKED UF in the MOUF

The Madness isn't confined to March here!

Moderators: the_ouskull, helmet, Shine

buckeye_in_sc
Eternal Scobode

WE just BUTT FUCKED UF in the MOUF

Post by buckeye_in_sc »

Sullinger is the real deal...Lighty is playing like a 5th year senior...Diebs will have better looks with a presence down low and Buford is playing the scorer/slasher role...

be afraid, be very afraid...
MgoBlue-LightSpecial
Eternal Scobode

Re: WE just BUTT FUCKED UF in the MOUF

Post by MgoBlue-LightSpecial »

buckeye_in_sc wrote:Lighty is playing like a 5th year senior
Seems like he and Lauderdale have been in Columbus for 10 years. Nice win for the Bucknuts.
TheJON
Iowa State Grad

Post by TheJON »

We buttfucked ULM in the MOUF!
indyfrisco
Pro Bonfire

Post by indyfrisco »

TheJON wrote:We buttfucked ULM in the MOUF!
At home I hope? Rack!

-SECBSH
Goober McTuber wrote:One last post...
King Crimson
Eternal Scobode

Post by King Crimson »

we butt fucked North Carolina Central inna MOUF

in OT.
""On a lonely planet spinning its way toward damnation amid the fear and despair of a broken human race, who is left to fight for all that is good and pure and gets you smashed for under a fiver? Yes, it's the surprising adventures of me, Sir Digby Chicken-Caesar!"
"
L45B
Commanche Hero

Post by L45B »

Could be a special year, but damn is the Big 10 gonna be a meatgrinder this season. :D
“My dentist, that’s another beauty, my dentist, you kiddin’ me. It cost me five thousand dollars to have all new teeth put in. Now he tells me I need braces!” —Rodney Dangerfield
TheJON
Iowa State Grad

Post by TheJON »

King Crimson wrote:we butt fucked North Carolina Central inna MOUF

in OT.
Beats losing to South Dakota State.

-Iowa fan
King Crimson
Eternal Scobode

Post by King Crimson »

TheJON wrote:
King Crimson wrote:we butt fucked North Carolina Central inna MOUF
in OT.
Beats losing to South Dakota State.
-Iowa fan
you are not alone. Wake got beat by Stetson, Ga Tech run out of the gym by Kennesaw State, etc. though, some of the OOC games for people is pretty pathetic....the "scoreboard" page at yahoo lists non D-1 teams in Black lettering. there's a lot of em for last Sat and Sun.

This Oklahoma team may win 15 games. After last year's attrition/implosion....they simply aren't going to be very good and will struggle to score points. maybe win 13-15 games, 4-12 to 6-10 max in conference. some young top 100 FR talent, what will be (then) some veteran role players (who are this season's primary scorers, ugh), a 4 star Miss State transfer, and a JUCO all-american will provide a nice nucleus.....next year. Capel will get a chance to coach up this year's Sooners. if he can do it.....we'll see. i like Jeff but i have to question his judgment with some past recruits/players and longer this stretches out....the "can he win without Blake Griffin" question will get a lot more play.....and that deafening silence you hear will be the 2,500 Sooner hoops fans at Lloyd Noble instead of 5,000 for every team not named Texas or Oklahoma State.

Bring Back BillyBall! will once again be topic du jour on OKC AM sports radio, sigh. No one is more resilient than Sooner Cletus, the basketball (Billy Tubbs) fan.
Last edited by King Crimson on Wed Nov 17, 2010 9:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
""On a lonely planet spinning its way toward damnation amid the fear and despair of a broken human race, who is left to fight for all that is good and pure and gets you smashed for under a fiver? Yes, it's the surprising adventures of me, Sir Digby Chicken-Caesar!"
"
MgoBlue-LightSpecial
Eternal Scobode

Post by MgoBlue-LightSpecial »

MSU gave and received a little buttfucking last night. Typical Izzo November/December basketball, sloppy and lazy with turnovers, but the free throw shooting was especially abysmal. The talent and depth is ridiculous though. Once the new guys start gelling this squad will be a force. Looking forward to the Duke game.
TheJON
Iowa State Grad

Post by TheJON »

It's gonna be a long year. We have nobody that can dribble a fucking basketball. Can do pretty much everything else relatively well. Got a couple good shooters, a couple of decent bigs, relatively athletic. But god dammit, not one fucker on this team can pick up a mother fucking basketball and dribble it without it bouncing off their shoe.

On a positive note....

I can get courtside seats to any game I want.......for FREE! Thank you Steve Alford for getting the program to a point where I'm able to get courtside seats for free by simply asking the one remaining person alive that still buys Hawkeye basketball season tickets! I should be taking back all the negative things I have said about Steve the past decade. It's because of him, I get free courtside seats! Sorry, Steve......

Even better, my sister lives across the street from Carver and just walks into the games after she gets back from her night class (usually mid 1st half). She doesn't even have tickets. No need to buy them.

The funny thing is a few years ago people here melted down about our attendance dropping to an average of 12,000 per game. Now I would shit my pants if we could just get 1 game with 12,000 fans. Basketball used to be huge in this state. We used to sell out the arena every game.....for 30 years. Now you can quite literally just go up to the security guy 10 minutes into the game and ask him "can I go in?". It's a real shame. Alford's handling of the Pierre Pierce incident really turned people off of basketball along with his arrogant personality. It was a downward spiral ever since he arrived. Always acted like he was too good for our fan base. Then angered the entire campus with how he handled the first Pierre Pierce incident. Even when we won 25 games in 2005-2006, the fans still hated the guy. While Carver had some games where the arena was rocking, attendance was still much lower than what it used to be and the fans still refused to get behind Alford.

Somebody give me my Hawkeye basketball back! Please!!!!!!
stuckinia
2012 NFL Picks Champ

Post by stuckinia »

I attended the ACC/Big Ten challenge game last year when the Hokies came to Iowa City. The Hawkeye crowd was freaking pathetic. Nothing but a bunch of old farts that would rather discuss their choice of denture adhesive than follow the game. The only thing louder than a handful of Hokie fans was the pitiful student section. And that was only because they were drunk. I would wager that the women's team outdraws the men's team. Alford was a cancer.
TheJON
Iowa State Grad

Post by TheJON »

Yep, I can't disagree with that. It never used to be that way. Even in down years we would still pack the arena. Alford destroyed the program.

He wants to blame the program and cry about it being a football school. Bullshit. He scared everyone away. It was never a football school until Alford made it a football school. It was a mix before that tool arrived. We had our best regular season in almost 20 years in 2005-2006 and it was our lowest attendance up to that point since before the arena was built. We went to, I believe, 16 NCAA tournaments in the 21 years prior to Alford's arrival and have only been to 3 in the 12 years since that bitch replaced Dr Tom.

Yeah, Steve, it's all the fault of the negative message board posters and the facilities. Either that or you alienated an entire fan base and absolutely destroyed our recruiting with the Pierre Pierce fiasco. Dude raped a chick and he let's him stay on the team and tried to mediate it himself with some fucking prayer session.

Our marketing department is a big bag of FAIL too. The "Let's Get MAD" slogan is beyond gay. They've even gotten so desperate that they're running all kinds of lame ass promotions like bring a friend-get a free ticket. Bullshit like that. Even with that, they still can't get students to show up. This is the root of the problem with the fan base. They don't even try to market to the students anymore. It's not a big thing on campus anymore like it was when I was a student. My junior year, I had to camp out for 2 days just to get my season tickets. My sophomore year I wasn't even able to get tickets but I lucked out and my brothers friend moved so I ended up with courtside student seats, which was fucking awesome! Senior year is where the downfall of Hawkeye hoops started. You could see it falling apart. Nobody wanted to admit to it back then, but it was predictable. This was when Pierre raped an Iowa womens hoop player.

The whole campus was divided. The student ticket sales immediately went into the shitter because everyone got really pissed at Alford. I got tickets easily because of it, but Carver became a different atmosphere starting that year. Womens groups would protest outside of Carver. They would hold up signs and try and make you feel like a bad person for supporting this team. Cussed out probably 50 of them and even took a couple of their signs and ripped them up. One stupid lesbo told me I was "supporting a rapist", so I took her sign and ripped it up and then I threw a stick at her face and told her to shut the fuck up. Don't tell me I support a rapist, you stupid bitch. I'm a basketball fan and I came to cheer my team on. I hope she has since died of a heart attack. People like that make me sick.

Anyways, that was the beginning of the end. Sure, a couple years later we had a nice run and made it to the NCAA tourney 2 straight years and won a Big-10 tourney title, but that was due to having a veteran and deep team. Once those guys were gone, there were no more recruits to replace them and the arena has been getting emptier by the game ever since. As talented as Pierre Pierce was, I am convinced had he never stepped foot on campus, Carver Would still be packed and Iowa would still be a quality program. No means no, Pierre.....it only took you 2 raping incidents to learn that. Fucking douchebag
Mace
Eternal Scobode

Post by Mace »

stuckinia wrote:I would wager that the women's team outdraws the men's team.
I would wager the the women's team would have beaten the men's team the past three years.

Iowa lacks any real inside presence and doesn't have a lot of perimeter firepower either.....among a host of other problems. Gatens returning to the lineup will help, but it's going to be a long winter. Hopefully they will show improvement each and every game as they learn McCaffrey's new system. I think the players on buying in to Fran's game and that the program will be fine after a couple of recruiting years. I think the up tempo style will be more fun to watch, and to play, and that the fans will return to Carver when the team shows improvement, even though they won't win many games this year.
TheJON
Iowa State Grad

Post by TheJON »

I would wager the the women's team would have beaten the men's team the past three years.
I assume you were kidding, but in case you weren't...

The worst Iowa mens team of all-time would have beaten the best Iowa womens team of all-time 150-6.
Screw_Michigan
Angry Snowflake

Post by Screw_Michigan »

I'm just gonna rack JON while I'm at it.
kcdave wrote: Sat Sep 09, 2023 8:05 am
I was actually going to to join in the best bets activity here at good ole T1B...The guy that runs that contest is a fucking prick
Derron wrote: Sat Oct 03, 2020 3:07 pm
You are truly one of the worst pieces of shit to ever post on this board. Start giving up your paycheck for reparations now and then you can shut the fuck up about your racist blasts.
King Crimson
Eternal Scobode

Post by King Crimson »

Colorado butt fucked itself in the mouth last night. in OT, with 2 seconds left pulled a Chris Webber and called a TO they didn't have. Dons go to the line on the T, make a pair, ballgame.
"