would you hire Bill McCartney at your school?

Fuck Jim Delany

Moderators: 88BuckeyeGrad, Left Seater, buckeye_in_sc

King Crimson
Eternal Scobode

would you hire Bill McCartney at your school?

Post by King Crimson »

the answer is no.

doesn't it seem like cheap nostalgia for CU fan?

the guy has been out of the game for 16 years. the guy made a public statement that "homosexuality is an abomination against God". Personally, I don't care what anyone thinks about his God or gods or no gods or what people do to give or get love or orgasms....but, that's not going to fly today.

CU fan seems to think this will be great for the school, proven winner, etc. CU fan also likes to fantasize about the evil academics who hate football and are all-powerful.....

Mac will work for cheap, and where else are you going to find a guy who won (split) a MNC for the dollar. but this whole thing is comedy so far.
""On a lonely planet spinning its way toward damnation amid the fear and despair of a broken human race, who is left to fight for all that is good and pure and gets you smashed for under a fiver? Yes, it's the surprising adventures of me, Sir Digby Chicken-Caesar!"
"
King Crimson
Eternal Scobode

Re: would you hire Bill McCartney at your school?

Post by King Crimson »

Sudden Sam wrote:If Saban falters, Bama's planning to dig up Bear.

Same thing, ain't it?
sounds like it. but, not really. Alabama has won the big prize under different coaches. Colorado is going back to the past for the second time, don't forget Gary Barnett was a Mac assistant in the glory days. The shine was off Barnett when CU hired him......had two losing seasons in a row and a gambling/sprts corruption weird thing. Colorado had an "agreement in principle" with first name i'm forgetting Kubiak, then Denver two time Super Bowl Champs Mister Awesome OC (though everyone on planet earth knew it was Shanahan who was THAT far ahead of "the League").....only to have Kubiak recant on Monday morning.

they hired Barney as a "back to the past" hire.

how can you go back to the past *twice*?

it says your program is weak. you want to say: "We are Colorado, one of the top 25 programs of all-time". We hire the best guy available. Dan Hawkins was the right hire at the time. he was the hot name. but, top programs win under different coaches, not nostalgia.
Last edited by King Crimson on Thu Nov 18, 2010 1:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
""On a lonely planet spinning its way toward damnation amid the fear and despair of a broken human race, who is left to fight for all that is good and pure and gets you smashed for under a fiver? Yes, it's the surprising adventures of me, Sir Digby Chicken-Caesar!"
"
King Crimson
Eternal Scobode

Post by King Crimson »

Sudden Sam wrote:I'm surprised Colorado can't sustain a top level football program. Great school, great location, should be a no-brainer that they can get a quality staff in there.
according to CU fans, the whole world is mobilized against the success of CU football. liberals, PC peeps, Boulder feminazis......etc. donors don't give CU the facilities that UT has....blah blah blah

as someone who has lived in Boulder for 20 years, you can win here. Hawkins was a moron. I have OK State family that visit from time to time....and my uncle says "how could you not recruit to this place?". every fucking time. now, i will say that if i were a non-Caucasian person i would be probably be all Malcom X in Boulder. it's a white, ruling class town. less the college town when i moved here....now it's a retirement haven for East Coast baby boomers who think buying a vintage VW van and listening to Electric Ladyland, doing Tai Chi, Spanish red wines at 8 bucks a glass, and wood-fired pizzas will save their soul.
Last edited by King Crimson on Thu Nov 18, 2010 2:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"
King Crimson
Eternal Scobode

Post by King Crimson »

Sudden Sam wrote:
King Crimson wrote: baby boomers who think buying a vintage VW van and listening to Electric Ladyland, doing Tai Chi, Spanish red wins, and wood-fired pizzas will save their soul.
That doesn't work? :cry:
read above: East Coast Baby Boomers, not fried okra people.
"
indyfrisco
Pro Bonfire

Post by indyfrisco »

Don't knockin' fried okra. One of mom's top recipes.

Buttermilk laced with half a bottle tobasco.

3 parts flour
1 part cornmeal
Salt/Pepper/Cayenne/Garlic Powder

Dip in buttermilk
Roll in flour mixture
Dip in buttermilk again
Roll in flour mixture

Set it on a big cookie sheet and let the breading get gooey rather than throwing it in the oil right away. Soon as it is pulled from the oil, salt the shit out of it. Dip in ketchup/horseradish mixture.

Damn...just got my deep frier set up in the garage. Soon as I get back home from Bahston I'll be making some of mom's fried okra.

Mclub, I weigh 295 lbs.
Goober McTuber wrote:One last post...
King Crimson
Eternal Scobode

Post by King Crimson »

i don't see anyone knocking fried okra in this thread. my mom's FO is the real deal. her chicken fried steak is the best i've EVER had. forget all that BS you hear about about the best CFS at restaurant "X" in small town blah blah, that's newcomer or deep fryer BS....my mom's. skillet fried. 35 years standing.

War KC's mom.
"
Sir Cumfrence
Jake

Post by Sir Cumfrence »

IndyFrisco wrote:Mclub, I weigh 295 lbs.
Just go ahead and say 300, ain't nothing wrong with that. :)
Q, West Coast Style
Eternal Scobode

Post by Q, West Coast Style »

What's ironic about McCartney is that a guy who allegedly called homosexuality an "abomination" is also responsible for scenes like this:

Bizzarofelice
I wanna be a bear

Post by Bizzarofelice »

the Buffs coach was a promise keeper?

I bet Kordell Stewart was down.
why is my neighborhood on fire
King Crimson
Eternal Scobode

Post by King Crimson »

hell, during the Promise Keepers heydeys at Folsom Field.....you'd have a bunch PK'er's pissing in your backyard. full of Natty Light. just like any other stadium show.
"
Danimal
Eternal Scobode

Post by Danimal »

Throw-out any thought of whether or not he's a good political fit. Putting your hopes in a 70yr-old that last coached in 1994 while also hoping Bienemy will be groomed into a HC is a big stretch. But I don't think CU will be that dumb. First I'd find-out whether Leach would be in the budget. Next I'd look at guys like Hoke, Malzahn, Holgerson, and Sumerlin.
You gonna bark all day little doggie or are you gonna bite?
King Crimson
Eternal Scobode

Post by King Crimson »

Danimal wrote:Throw-out any thought of whether or not he's a good political fit. Putting your hopes in a 70yr-old that last coached in 1994 while also hoping Bienemy will be groomed into a HC is a big stretch. But I don't think CU will be that dumb. First I'd find-out whether Leach would be in the budget. Next I'd look at guys like Hoke, Malzahn, Holgerson, and Sumerlin.
i agree. but you busted a chunk if Osborne came back. and he did. and the Ranger Motel in Love, NE service staff probably had to use two towels. funnin ya Husker.

i used to listen to OKC sports talk radio and every cletus calling "we got to bring back Barry, the King".....all through the 90's. i thought it was moronic, but that's how people do. nostalgia is a cruel master.

if not McCartney, why Dr. Tom.....you've posted endlessly about Osborne put UT on his bitch slap routine. irony here?
"
Danimal
Eternal Scobode

Post by Danimal »

King Crimson wrote:
Danimal wrote:Throw-out any thought of whether or not he's a good political fit. Putting your hopes in a 70yr-old that last coached in 1994 while also hoping Bienemy will be groomed into a HC is a big stretch. But I don't think CU will be that dumb. First I'd find-out whether Leach would be in the budget. Next I'd look at guys like Hoke, Malzahn, Holgerson, and Sumerlin.
i agree. but you busted a chunk if Osborne came back. and he did. and the Ranger Motel in Love, NE service staff probably had to use two towels. funnin ya Husker.

i used to listen to OKC sports talk radio and every cletus calling "we got to bring back Barry, the King".....all through the 90's. i thought it was moronic, but that's how people do. nostalgia is a cruel master.

if not McCartney, why Dr. Tom.....you've posted endlessly about Osborne put UT on his bitch slap routine. irony here?
WTF are you talking about? When did I run-on about getting TO back? Please show me where. I was glad when TO got the AD-job because Pedey was a trainwreck and he wouldn't admit he was wrong about Callahan. I've defended TO a couple times on here when folks ripped on him. But I've never went-on about getting TO back as coach. I'd hire him before McCartney but if Bo dies tomorrow I don't want TO becoming coach. I'd want us moving-forward with a proven HC or coordinator that can lead us long-term.
You gonna bark all day little doggie or are you gonna bite?
King Crimson
Eternal Scobode

Post by King Crimson »

Danimal wrote: WTF are you talking about? When did I run-on about getting TO back? Please show me where. I was glad when TO got the AD-job because Pedey was a trainwreck and he wouldn't admit he was wrong about Callahan. I've defended TO a couple times on here when folks ripped on him. But I've never went-on about getting TO back as coach. I'd hire him before McCartney but if Bo dies tomorrow I don't want TO becoming coach. I'd want us moving-forward with a proven HC or coordinator that can lead us long-term.
sorry Danimal, I got you confused with one of the other Husker posters.
"
Screw_Michigan
Angry Snowflake

Post by Screw_Michigan »

Believe the Heupel wrote:I guess when the whole football team runs train on your whore daughter
Story, please. Pics would be good, too.
kcdave wrote: Sat Sep 09, 2023 8:05 am
I was actually going to to join in the best bets activity here at good ole T1B...The guy that runs that contest is a fucking prick
Derron wrote: Sat Oct 03, 2020 3:07 pm
You are truly one of the worst pieces of shit to ever post on this board. Start giving up your paycheck for reparations now and then you can shut the fuck up about your racist blasts.
Killian
Good crossing pattern target

Post by Killian »

Google Sal Aunesse. That's the story right there.
"Well, my wife assassinated my sexual identity, and my children are eating my dreams." -Louis CK
Screw_Michigan
Angry Snowflake

Post by Screw_Michigan »

Jesus. But what about the train?
kcdave wrote: Sat Sep 09, 2023 8:05 am
I was actually going to to join in the best bets activity here at good ole T1B...The guy that runs that contest is a fucking prick
Derron wrote: Sat Oct 03, 2020 3:07 pm
You are truly one of the worst pieces of shit to ever post on this board. Start giving up your paycheck for reparations now and then you can shut the fuck up about your racist blasts.
Killian
Good crossing pattern target

Post by Killian »

That was more word of mouth. Bill's daughter was known to be a bit of a whore and this was when he was literally recruiting Bloods and Crips to CU. If I remember correctly, a bunch of guys gave Aunesse shit because he actually knocked her up when just about everyone had their turn with her.
"Well, my wife assassinated my sexual identity, and my children are eating my dreams." -Louis CK
Degenerate
Eternal Scobode

Post by Degenerate »

Shannon Clavelle (early/mid '90s d-lineman) also forgot to wear the jimmy hat.
King Crimson
Eternal Scobode

Post by King Crimson »

i've read on CU homer boards that Coach Mac was playing a little hide the sausage on the sly as well about the time he retired. FWIW. I had a gf who was a CU soph in 92 maybe whose roommate was date-raped by one of CU's more prominent players. I'm sure that kind of thing happens around the country at every school....but, this guy has a "rep" for being one of the all-time good guys with CU fans. i met him a few times and he was a jerkoff (and a rapist, apparently).
"
King Crimson
Eternal Scobode

Post by King Crimson »

Papa Willie wrote:Rumor down here says that Colorado AD was talking to Mark Richt...
Richt stuff has some traction around here as well. a UT homer board has posts about UGA talking to Will Muschamp...fwiw. why is UGA talking to anybody...?
"
MiketheangrydrunkenCUfan
Baby Bitch

Post by MiketheangrydrunkenCUfan »

Sorry I'm a little late to this thread. Mac wouldn't be my first choice for the job, simply because he's 70. I'd much rather see them hire Leach, Malzahn or maybe a young but proven DC from the NFL or an elite CFB program. That said, I don't think Mac would be a terrible hire. As others have noted, he'd do the job for next to nothing, which would allow him to hire a great staff and groom someone as his successor. I'm also not convinced that 16 years away from the game automatically makes him "out of touch" or incapable of replicating his success from the late '80s/early '90s. If Vermeil can do it, why not Mac?
"Keys, woman!"
At Large
Bitter Husker Apologist

Post by At Large »

Is the sequel in coaching ever as good as the first time?

Why is CU unable to maintain success? There are several reasons, but I think that it's mainly because it's a pro town. It's rare that a town that has a pro team close by will have great support for the college team.