For Jiminphilly: Ed Wade destroying another franchise

Knock the cover off

Moderator: Cueball

Screw_Michigan
Angry Snowflake

For Jiminphilly: Ed Wade destroying another franchise

Post by Screw_Michigan »

http://deadspin.com/5478470/houston-ast ... e=true&s=i

It would be funny if it wasn't so predictable and pathetic.
kcdave wrote: Sat Sep 09, 2023 8:05 am
I was actually going to to join in the best bets activity here at good ole T1B...The guy that runs that contest is a fucking prick
Derron wrote: Sat Oct 03, 2020 3:07 pm
You are truly one of the worst pieces of shit to ever post on this board. Start giving up your paycheck for reparations now and then you can shut the fuck up about your racist blasts.
jiminphilly
2014 JFFL Champion

Re: For Jiminphilly: Ed Wade destroying another franchise

Post by jiminphilly »

Screw_Michigan wrote:http://deadspin.com/5478470/houston-ast ... e=true&s=i

It would be funny if it wasn't so predictable and pathetic.

He had a built-in excuse with the Phillies in that he had no business ever being named the GM but he was a good company man who drank the kool-aid and didn't rock the boat. Of course he became the scapegoat when, despite going after guys like Thome and Billy Wagner, this team couldn't get over the hump. There's a whole back-story with the Phillies ownership so as bad as Wade was as a GM, I don't hold him entirely responsible for continuing to status quo of a shit franchise (at that time).

Now.. how he got the job with the Astros is one of the worlds great mysteries. I swear that Wade much have compromising pictures of McLane or something otherwise there is no way to explain the extension.
jiminphilly
2014 JFFL Champion

Post by jiminphilly »

Screw how funny that the 'stros swept the Phillies in 4 and a few of the ex-Phillies he brought over had a lot to do with the wins. I'm sure Wade had a smirk on his face until he checked the standings and saw his shit team still floundering.
Screw_Michigan
Angry Snowflake

Post by Screw_Michigan »

Yeah, I caught that the Stros swept the Phils but I didn't think too much of it considering that shit happens from time to time. The Stros still blow and the Phils are still in the running. Could have been worse.
kcdave wrote: Sat Sep 09, 2023 8:05 am
I was actually going to to join in the best bets activity here at good ole T1B...The guy that runs that contest is a fucking prick
Derron wrote: Sat Oct 03, 2020 3:07 pm
You are truly one of the worst pieces of shit to ever post on this board. Start giving up your paycheck for reparations now and then you can shut the fuck up about your racist blasts.
jiminphilly
2014 JFFL Champion

Post by jiminphilly »

Screw_Michigan wrote:Yeah, I caught that the Stros swept the Phils but I didn't think too much of it considering that shit happens from time to time. The Stros still blow and the Phils are still in the running. Could have been worse.
Actually the beating the Phillies took + the way they were approaching the game prior to the Padres series was a wake-up call I think. Fundamentally they were just a mess.