Tuna Provencal

"Hey Mikey"

Moderator: Mikey

mvscal
Blank

Tuna Provencal

Post by mvscal »

From the south of France. Swordfish works as well.

1.5 pounds tuna or swordfish steaks
2 pounds roma tomatoes. Blanched, skinned and chopped
1 cup onion diced
1 cup dry white wine or 2/3rds cup dry white vermouth
3 large cloves garlic minced
1 dozen pitted kalamata olives, minced
1 tps capers
1 tsp oregano
1 tsp thyme
2tbs chopped Italian parsley
2 tbs fresh lemon juice
EVOO
S&P
2 tbs softened butter
2 tbs flour

Prepare marinade:

2 tbs lemon juice w/ 1tsp salt, add 6 tbs evoo and ~1/4 tsp fresh ground pepper. Mix well and pour over fish. Marinate at room temp for 1.5-2 hours turning occasionally and basting.

Cut a cross in the top of tomatoes and blanch in boiling water for 20 seconds. Remove and run under cold water. Skin should peel off easily. Chop roughly. Mince the olives, garlic and add capers to the mix.

Preheat oven to 350
Add ~4 tbs evoo to saute pan & heat to med. high. Sear fish briefly (~1 minute or so) on each side and transfer fish to baking dish.

Reduce heat to med and add onions. Saute for a couple minutes until soft.

Add the tomato mixture, oregano, thyme and S&P to taste. Simmer for on med for 10 minutes then pour over fish.

Cover the baking dish with foil and bake for 15 minutes. Reduce oven to 325,remove baking dish and add wine then cook another 20 minutes or so until done.

Remove fish to plates or serving platter. Pour sauce into saute pan and boil on high while you prepare the beurre manie. Add softened butter to flour and mash into a dough like paste making sure to incorporate all the flour.

Add to sauce, reduce heat to med low and simmer for about 3 minutes. Adjust seasonings. Top fish and either white rice or pasta with sauce.

Last edited by mvscal on Sun Aug 14, 2011 6:06 am, edited 1 time in total.
Screw_Michigan wrote: Fri Apr 05, 2019 4:39 pmUnlike you tards, I actually have functioning tastebuds and a refined pallet.
smackaholic
Walrus Team 6

Re: Tuna Provencal

Post by smackaholic »

Yum.

can you cook it in a hotel room microwave? it's all I got till next weekend. i must admit, my 69 `cent chicken fried steak tv dinner from target was way better than a 69 cent tv dinner has a right to be. quite possibly the best 69 cent dinner ever.
mvscal wrote:The only precious metals in a SHTF scenario are lead and brass.