World Cup 2010

No headbutting

Moderator: Nishlord

Dr_Phibes
P.H.D - M.B.E. - O.B.E.

Re: World Cup 2010

Post by Dr_Phibes »

WTF was Greece doing? They were quite content to fiddle around with the ball, like they were totally unaware that they needed to score. That made absolutely no sense at all. Just dreadful.
Shoalzie
WingNut

Post by Shoalzie »

What an awesome finish...winner of Group C and onto the knockout round!

:bode:
socal
Prepare to qualify!

Post by socal »

Fuckin' A.
Van wrote:Kumbaya, asshats.
R-Jack wrote:
Atomic Punk wrote:So why did you post it?
Yes, that just happened.
Shoalzie
WingNut

Post by Shoalzie »

USA-Ghana on Saturday...I think it'll be on ABC in the afternoon.
Mr T
Riverboat Gambler

Post by Mr T »

Mr T wrote:I predict US will get out of its group but will lose to Germany in the 2nd round

Winner will be either Netherlands, Brazil, or Spain.
Close enough
TheJON wrote:What does the winner get? Because if it's a handjob from Frisco, I'd like to campaign for my victory.
Screw_Michigan
Angry Snowflake

Post by Screw_Michigan »

Aside from the goal, what a shameful display of flopping by Spain.
kcdave wrote: Sat Sep 09, 2023 8:05 am
I was actually going to to join in the best bets activity here at good ole T1B...The guy that runs that contest is a fucking prick
Derron wrote: Sat Oct 03, 2020 3:07 pm
You are truly one of the worst pieces of shit to ever post on this board. Start giving up your paycheck for reparations now and then you can shut the fuck up about your racist blasts.
BSmack
2005 and 2010 JFFL Champion

Post by BSmack »

Screw_Michigan wrote:Aside from the goal, what a shameful display of flopping by Spain.
I was rooting for the Dutch, but that match should have never reached extra time. Why that Dutch player wasn't red carded for kicking the Spanish player square in the chest will forever be a mystery. And quite frankly, the better team won. Spain controlled the ball and dominated the attack. They deserved to come out on top.
"Once upon a time, dinosaurs didn't have families. They lived in the woods and ate their children. It was a golden age."

—Earl Sinclair

"I do have respect for authority even though I throw jelly dicks at them.

- Antonio Brown
Screw_Michigan
Angry Snowflake

Post by Screw_Michigan »

The Dutch had a minimum of two breakaway-style opportunities and they pissed them away. The cleat to the chest was by far the highlight of the game for me. I was at a Central American hangout in DC and it was 95% Spain fans. That was great.
kcdave wrote: Sat Sep 09, 2023 8:05 am
I was actually going to to join in the best bets activity here at good ole T1B...The guy that runs that contest is a fucking prick
Derron wrote: Sat Oct 03, 2020 3:07 pm
You are truly one of the worst pieces of shit to ever post on this board. Start giving up your paycheck for reparations now and then you can shut the fuck up about your racist blasts.
Dr_Phibes
P.H.D - M.B.E. - O.B.E.

Post by Dr_Phibes »

That was a complete farce, Webb totally destroyed that game - just not sure if it was his agenda or FIFA.
Q, West Coast Style
Eternal Scobode

Post by Q, West Coast Style »

Webb gives Heitinga his walker papers for a second yellow, for committing the exact same hold that Puyol did to Robben. Yet Puyol wasn't even whistled for a foul.

And Webb also allowed (The awesome) Nigel De Jong to stay on the pitch after Kung-Fuing Mark Wahlberg.

Howard, inconsistent much?
Roger_the_Shrubber
Back-o-Matic

Post by Roger_the_Shrubber »

Well...........

I picked the winner right.

Yay?

The Dutch had their chances, but the best team won.
What were we just talking about?
Dr_Phibes
P.H.D - M.B.E. - O.B.E.

Post by Dr_Phibes »

Q, West Coast Style wrote: Howard, inconsistent much?
I'm still trying to figure out what he was thinking. I've read his post game comments - he thinks he was brilliant.

What a fucking half-wit. He wanted to impose his authority and keep control of the game - so he carded.. everyone. He then realised that if he if he kept going, he'd be pulling out reds and fuck up the game - so he stopped. WTF?
When he put his book away, people were just picking themselves up and dusting themselves off and getting on with the game, like they would have done in the first place. Then he makes three monstrous errors and affects the outcome, he blew every big decision he had to make.

I don't understand how the better team won. The Spanish are deeper on paper, but so what. None of their names did anything in the tournament or the game, possession percentage is a deceiving statistic with them. They play passy-passy with each other in their own end to midfield and don't create chances or opportunities - nothing happens.
They literally try and bore the fuck out of the entire planet - it's like 1980's Soviet hockey.
The Dutch weren't putting up with it, they were literally kicking them off the ball and getting chances.

Shame about the end - but that:

is brilliant, it's hypnotic. 8)
socal
Prepare to qualify!

Post by socal »

Twasn't pretty. Too bad Robben couldn't push it past Casillas. Twice.

Too bad both teams resorted to flopping to "earn" free kicks outside the box.

Too bad Webb didn't continue issuing cards to where it was 5 vs. 5 before extra time.
Van wrote:Kumbaya, asshats.
R-Jack wrote:
Atomic Punk wrote:So why did you post it?
Yes, that just happened.
indyfrisco
Pro Bonfire

Post by indyfrisco »

socal wrote:Too bad both teams resorted to flopping to "earn" free kicks outside the box.
I love soccer. But I hate the flopping and wailing. It should be mandatory that anyone who goes down and does not get right back up to have to sit on the sidelines for 3 minutes. No one would risk going a man down for 3 minutes just to buy a free kick. Maybe in the penalty box, but that is a risk they'd have to take. Anyone who is truly hurt would need 3 minutes at least to shake it off if not subbed for.
Goober McTuber wrote:One last post...
Laxplayer
President of the USC hater club
Location: On the golf course because......well, I'm the golf coach.

Post by Laxplayer »

The thing I hate about soccer is these guys flop like a fish on a boat deck then 10 seconds after they flopped they're running full speed up and down the field.
That's one of the reasons why soccer will never be really popular at the professional level along with the fact that it pays very little money and our best athletes aren't playing it. It seems like it's relegated to the AYSO little kids running around with bows in their hair chasing butterflies.