Baylor to MWC?

Fuck Jim Delany

Moderators: 88BuckeyeGrad, Left Seater, buckeye_in_sc

indyfrisco
Pro Bonfire

Baylor to MWC?

Post by indyfrisco »

That's the rumor I am hearing. Press conference at 3:15.
Goober McTuber wrote:One last post...
BSmack
2005 and 2010 JFFL Champion

Re: Baylor to MWC?

Post by BSmack »

Jsc810 wrote:Is the MWC going to get an automatic bid?
I would think so. If when the Big 12 dissolves, then they are the ONLY logical choice.
"Once upon a time, dinosaurs didn't have families. They lived in the woods and ate their children. It was a golden age."

—Earl Sinclair

"I do have respect for authority even though I throw jelly dicks at them.

- Antonio Brown
Terry in Crapchester
2012 March Madness Champ

Post by Terry in Crapchester »

Boise State did jump to the MWC. http://sports.yahoo.com/top/news?slug=a ... boisestate

This one makes the most sense of all. If Baylor joins, that'll make 11 members. Logic would dictate that they'll go to 12.

Any thoughts on who the 12th team will be? I'm thinking it will come from among Houston, Fresno State or Nevada.
War Wagon wrote:The first time I click on one of your youtube links will be the first time.
BSmack
2005 and 2010 JFFL Champion

Post by BSmack »

Terry in Crapchester wrote:Boise State did jump to the MWC. http://sports.yahoo.com/top/news?slug=a ... boisestate

This one makes the most sense of all. If Baylor joins, that'll make 11 members. Logic would dictate that they'll go to 12.

Any thoughts on who the 12th team will be? I'm thinking it will come from among Houston, Fresno State or Nevada.
Geographically Baylor makes no sense at all. If they only want 12 teams, they should get Fresno State and Nevada and call it a day. The reason the Mountain West exists in the first place is because the WAC was a pain in the ass to travel.
"Once upon a time, dinosaurs didn't have families. They lived in the woods and ate their children. It was a golden age."

—Earl Sinclair

"I do have respect for authority even though I throw jelly dicks at them.

- Antonio Brown
Go Coogs'
Eternal Scobode

Post by Go Coogs' »

TCU is in Fort Worth. Baylor is in Waco, so I don't really see the big deal adding the bears to the MWC. Houston is close to constructing a brand new 40000 seat stadium that will supposedly expand to 50000 within its first few years of existence. That # can survive in a btpfc
88 wrote:Go Coogs' (Regular Season Total Points Champ)
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

So, if I've followed this crazy week correctly...

Nebraska is going to the BigSomething.

Texas may or may not be joining the PACSomething.

OU may or may not be joining something, somewhere.

Colorado is joining the PAC10, replacing Wazzu, who is joining the Big East.

Oregon is now a member of the SEC, replacing Vandy, who is joining the Canadian Football League.

Did I miss anything?
I got 99 problems but the 'vid ain't one
Van
2012 CFB Bowl Pick Champ

Post by Van »

Yeah, you missed one thing. USC is dropping football altogether. In its stead their plan is to commit whole hog to kicking ass in water polo and golf, and maybe that cheerleader competition thingie at 3:00 a.m. on ESPN147.
Joe Satriani is a mime, right? - 88

Show me your dicks. - trev
Cornhusker
2018/2019 and 2023/2024 Pick ‘em Champion

Post by Cornhusker »

Dinsdale wrote:So, if I've followed this crazy week correctly...

Nebraska is going to the BigSomething.

Texas may or may not be joining the PACSomething.

OU may or may not be joining something, somewhere.

Colorado is joining the PAC10, replacing Wazzu, who is joining the Big East.

Oregon is now a member of the SEC, replacing Vandy, who is joining the Canadian Football League.

Did I miss anything?
Missouri is butt f*cked in the mouth maybe?
Van
2012 CFB Bowl Pick Champ

Post by Van »

Really. Worst case scenario: The Pac 10 has already accepted Colorado, and now they accept Texas, OU, Taco Tech, A&M and Okie St. The Big 10 calls it good with the addition of Nebraska, which gives them twelve teams and the ability to have a CCG. The SEC stands pat, since all the choice pickins' from the Big XII are off the menu.

Where the hell does Mizzou go? The MWC? With the addition of Boise St, they're now sitting at ten teams. In order to take on Mizzou they'd very likely also need to take on another team as well, just to get to twelve teams.

It would seem that if Texas hitches up their wagons and heads west, the Big 10 is Mizzou's only worthwhile hope, and that's only going to happen if they decide to add Mizzou plus either one or three more teams. They're not going to go to thirteen teams. It'll either be twelve, fourteen or sixteen.

Right about now, Mizzou best be working Jim Delany's bung hard with slobbery kisses.

MgoBlue-LightSpecial
Eternal Scobode

Post by MgoBlue-LightSpecial »

Van wrote:Where the hell does Mizzou go?
The best of the unwanted scrapheap should just form their own conference. Little Orphan Annie 12, or something.
Cornhusker

Post by Cornhusker »

Van wrote:Really. Worst case scenario: The Pac 10 has already accepted Colorado, and now they accept Texas, OU, Taco Tech, A&M and Okie St. The Big 10 calls it good with the addition of Nebraska, which gives them twelve teams and the ability to have a CCG. The SEC stands pat, since all the choice pickins' from the Big XII are off the menu.

Where the hell does Mizzou go? The MWC? With the addition of Boise St, they're now sitting at ten teams. In order to take on Mizzou they'd very likely also need to take on another team as well, just to get to twelve teams.

It would seem that if Texas hitches up their wagons and heads west, the Big 10 is Mizzou's only worthwhile hope, and that's only going to happen if they decide to add Mizzou plus either one or three more teams. They're not going to go to thirteen teams. It'll either be twelve, fourteen or sixteen.

Right about now, Mizzou best be working Jim Delany's bung hard with slobbery kisses.
I firmly believe the Big 10 will wait out Notre Dame after the fall-out subsides. That is their Moby Dick. They couldn't pass on Nebraska due in large part to Texas'..... errr.... the Big 12's ultimatium from last week made to conference members. That's why Nebraska and the Big 10 pulled the trigger in spite of Delanly's original 18 month time table to expand. They couldn't pass on Nebraska..not my words....Delanly's. Unanimous vote from Big 10 regents...That tells it all Missouri fan.
I've heard Maryland and Rutgers may well be in line prior to Mizzou talk. The northeast sea board (NYC) verses Kansas City and St. Louis for TV footprint for the Big 10 network. Which makes sense? Remember, St. Louis is a professional town moreso than college. Yes, so is NYC, but who brings the most eyeballs either way?
Wonder how Mizzou fan feels now about their beloved program?
As in Fiddle on the Roof...TRADITION...you ain't got it.
Terry in Crapchester
2012 March Madness Champ

I've heard Mizzou, along with Iowa State, Kansas and Kansas State, to the Big East.
War Wagon wrote:The first time I click on one of your youtube links will be the first time.
Van
2012 CFB Bowl Pick Champ

Post by Van »

Hell, maybe Mizzou's best hope is for the Big XII to simply become the Big 10, having lost Colorado and Nebraska, with the Big 10 becoming the new Big XII.

Thing is, the Pac 10 just took on Colorado, making them an eleven-team league. No way they sit on that. They had to know that they had at least one more team in the bag - if not five more - before they took on Colorado.

There ya go, Mizzou! There's your face saving plan of all face saving plans! If Texas stays put, which would likely mean the rest of the Big XII South stays put, go ahead and pay 'em back by bailing on the conference to become the Pac 10's twelth team! That would surely put a serious hurtin' on the Big XII, reducing 'em to nine teams.

Van
2012 CFB Bowl Pick Champ

Post by Van »

Terry in Crapchester wrote:
I've heard Mizzou, along with Iowa State, Kansas and Kansas State, to the Big East.
That would be one seriously fucked up, piss-poor football conference.

Terry in Crapchester
2012 March Madness Champ

Cornhusker wrote:I firmly believe the Big 10 will wait out Notre Dame after the fall-out subsides. That is their Moby Dick.
I've said this before, but . . .

Notre Dame will not give up their independence unless realignment forces their hand. The moves that have gone down so far, and are expected to go down in the near future, don't do that.

And even if their hand is forced, I honestly don't see them winding up in the Big Ten. As many here have noted, the conference expansion moves no longer are about making geographic sense, and ND, moreso than any other school in FBS, transcends geography anyway. There will be at least one other option available to them, should it become necessary to join a football conference in the future. You should be aware that while the overwhelming majority of ND's fanbase opposes any conference membership, there is more heated opposition to joining the Big Ten than to joining any other conference, due in large part to the history between ND and the Big Ten.
Van
2012 CFB Bowl Pick Champ

Post by Van »

Yet ND always plays at least a quarter of its schedule against the Big 10, so that "history" must not be all bad.

Terry in Crapchester
2012 March Madness Champ

Van wrote:Yet ND always plays at least a quarter of its schedule against the Big 10, so that "history" must not be all bad.
Refer to Lefty's thread on ND independence. Michigan State and Purdue allegedly are receiving pressure from Michigan to discontinue their series with ND. Not that Michigan is willing to discontinue its own series with ND, mind you.

Of course, for Michigan State and Purdue, that series guarantees a nationally televised appearance every other year, and in the other year, at a minimum, a regional TV appearance covering the better part of the midwest and northeast. So if there is any truth to this allegation, it only further proves that the Big Ten is, in reality, the Big Two. If you're name is something other than Ohio State or Michigan, you're treated as a second-class citizen.

Why would ND want to join a conference like that?

Not to mention that the Big Ten's rather transparent motive behind their alleged attempts to destroy the Big East, beyond the untold millions the Big East schools in question allegedly could bring to the BTN, is to force ND's hand by destroying the conference that the overwhelming majority of the rest of ND's sports teams call home. So why should ND want to join a conference that is actively trying to screw them over?
Terry in Crapchester
2012 March Madness Champ

KC Scott wrote:In yet another rumor - the 5 remaining Big 12 schools - with their automatic BCS birth - pick up the MWC and possibly Louisville & Cinn

:meds:
If there's a serious movement afoot to keep the Big XII together, this is probably a better approach.
MuchoBulls
Tremendous Slouch

Post by MuchoBulls »

Sounds like this is gaining a good deal of steam now.

I would assume aTm would stay put as well.
Dreams......Temporary Madness
MuchoBulls
Tremendous Slouch

Post by MuchoBulls »

I am assuming that Fox must have a pretty sweet tv deal on the table for the league to stay together, plus the ability to have member institutions have their own networks.
Dreams......Temporary Madness
Cornhusker

Post by Cornhusker »

MuchoBulls wrote:I am assuming that Fox must have a pretty sweet tv deal on the table for the league to stay together, plus the ability to have Texas have their own network.
FTFY.

So why didn't Beebe work a network deal 2 years ago? reason: Texas didn't give a shit about revenue for other Big 12 members, their agenda didn't include the parasites. Now that they've been backed into a corner to where either they find a new home (where they wouldn't be Lord of the conference) or..you tell your Commish to find a TV deal to keep your puppets and favorite lapdogs "Oklahoma & A&M" in line, all the while having a revenue stream independent of Bevo's bitches; with your own TV gig on the side. Deal done.
In cased anyone missed it, I called this would happen last week.

Ya know I don't blame Texas one bit, if you can get away with it more power to ya and enjoy the top end of the revenue windfall UT, if you have glad handers lined up to kiss your ass at your request so be it. I can understand the bottom feeders needing a place to hitch their wagon, but OU and A&M have made it pretty clear who runs their conference. It ain't them and you can bet UT will remind them from time to time whos in charge.
mvscal
Blank

Post by mvscal »

Cornhusker wrote: Texas didn't give a shit about revenue for other Big 12 members, their agenda didn't include the parasites. Now that they've been backed into a corner to where either they find a new home
Go fuck yourself, you handwringing sack dribble. I have never seen a bigger bunch of cum belching purse swingers than you drama queening faggots from Lincoln. Jesus Fucksticking Christ. You seed swilling shit knobs got filthy motherfucking rich in the Big 12. No if ands or buts about it. You're the fourth most valuable team in college football thanks to Texas and the Big 12, so dry your tears, wipe your nose and hitch up your britches, you fucking pussy.
Screw_Michigan wrote: Fri Apr 05, 2019 4:39 pmUnlike you tards, I actually have functioning tastebuds and a refined pallet.
H4ever
Eternal Scobode

Post by H4ever »

mvscal wrote:
Cornhusker wrote: Texas didn't give a shit about revenue for other Big 12 members, their agenda didn't include the parasites. Now that they've been backed into a corner to where either they find a new home
Go fuck yourself, you handwringing sack dribble. I have never seen a bigger bunch of cum belching purse swingers than you drama queening faggots from Lincoln. Jesus Fucksticking Christ. You seed swilling shit knobs got filthy motherfucking rich in the Big 12. No if ands or buts about it. You're the fourth most valuable team in college football thanks to Texas and the Big 12, so dry your tears, wipe your nose and hitch up your britches, you fucking pussy.

So you think it's A OK for Tejas to pull the shit they've been pulling? Blatantly as it is? What the fuck is wrong with school's like OU and AtM? I think "deep down inside in places they don't talk about at parties" they WANT Texas to bend them over and ram a fist up their asses...they NEED Texas to sodomize them and demand thanks from them afterwards. Talk about your pillow-biters. I call bullshit on OU and Aggies alleged hate for all things Bevo. Feigned anger and anymosity must make it better when the sun goes down and they assume their positions ass-up for Tejas.
PSUFAN
dents with meaning

Post by PSUFAN »

Not to mention that the Big Ten's rather transparent motive behind their alleged attempts to destroy the Big East, beyond the untold millions the Big East schools in question allegedly could bring to the BTN, is to force ND's hand by destroying the conference that the overwhelming majority of the rest of ND's sports teams call home. So why should ND want to join a conference that is actively trying to screw them over?
Aww, COME ON, Terry!

Seriously, what Big East team will bring untold millions to the Big 10? I am in favor of Pitt joining, but not because they are a cash cow...they're not. They are the BE team that has the most earning potential, but that's not saying much. No BE team presents a better overall case than Pitt. There are no BE spoils to gain.

ND is still convinced that they can make more money as an independent...I'm not seeing it. If the B10 teams really band together and avoid Scheduling the domers, then it's going to be tough for them to be bowl eligible. I see ND actually needing to joining the Big East at some point down the road, particularly if the B10 thrives.

I have gone from regarding ND as a natural B10 conference entry to regarding them as a very distant and slim possibility.
King Crimson wrote:anytime you have a smoke tunnel and it's not Judas Priest in the mid 80's....watch out.
mvscal wrote:France totally kicks ass.
mvscal
Blank

Post by mvscal »

H4ever wrote: So you think it's A OK for Tejas to pull the shit they've been pulling?
The only shit we've been pulling is YOUR dead weight. You tards would be going to school in mud huts and beating rocks together to make fire without Texas. WE made you fuckups the fourth most valuable team in college athletics.
What the fuck is wrong with school's like OU and AtM?

They have intelligent people capable of making rational business decisions running their programs. They stand in stark contrast to the lying, hyper-emotional pantloads shitting the bed in Lincoln.
Screw_Michigan wrote: Fri Apr 05, 2019 4:39 pmUnlike you tards, I actually have functioning tastebuds and a refined pallet.
Terry in Crapchester
2012 March Madness Champ

PSUFAN wrote:
Aww, COME ON, Terry!

Seriously, what Big East team will bring untold millions to the Big 10?
That was intended sarcastically. But Delany seems to think Rutgers is some sort of cash cow for the BTN. Either that, or he's lying his ass off. The latter is the more likely possibility.
I am in favor of Pitt joining, but not because they are a cash cow...they're not. They are the BE team that has the most earning potential, but that's not saying much. No BE team presents a better overall case than Pitt. There are no BE spoils to gain.
I'm beginning to think that Delany really has no interest in any Big East team. Rather, he's using the Big East as a wedge, because he can't pressure ND. In other words, give ND an ultimatum -- you're either all the way in or all the way out -- and we won't raid your conference for members.
ND is still convinced that they can make more money as an independent...I'm not seeing it.
It's not about money. You can scoff at that if you want, but don't take my word for it -- go to an ND home game and see for yourelf. There's no exploding Jumbotron, and the stadium is all but completely absent of signage with the exception of a single NBC sign. ND obviously is leaving a number of potential revenue streams on the table -- one of the few things the AD has done right in recent years. ND stadium is beautiful in its simplicity -- there isn't even a logo at midfield.
If the B10 teams really band together and avoid Scheduling the domers, then it's going to be tough for them to be bowl eligible.
Michigan won't drop ND, although they might pressure their conference stooges -- Michigan State and Purdue -- into doing so. That, of course, would be bad for those schools. The ND series guarantees each of those schools a national TV appearance every other year, and in the alternate year, at a minimum, a regional TV appearance consisting of the better part of the midwest and northeast. All of that having been said, I might agree with you -- if those schools were anchoring the November portion of ND's schedule. But that's not what's happening, obviously. If ND needs to replace Purdue and/or Sparty, there's no shortage of options available. ND already has series negotiated in the future with Oklahoma and Miami that need only to be finalized, and ND has had talks recently with Alabama, Georgia and Texass, among others. Provided that it remains profitable to play ND, ND always will have a number of scheduling options available to them, particularly in the early portion of the season. As for quality of schedule, even now ND's schedule would rank them, at worst, in the middle of the pack in the Big Ten (although ND probably does get a boost from those computer sources that consider opponents' opponents as part of the SOS scheduling component, since the nature of ND's scheduling means that most of the BCS will have at least some impact on ND's SOS in that regard). Even then, there is at least some evidence that Swarbrick has seen the light, and will be abandoning the 7-4-1 model for a more favorable 6-5-1 model in the very near future.

As for being "bowl eligible," that (the 6-win mark) has never been a huge concern for ND. ND typically has been a boom-or-bust team when it comes to postseason destination. To the extent that has changed, it reflects the changing times rather than a change in philosophy for ND. For a long time, ND refused to play in any bowl games, and there is still a contingent of ND's fanbase -- a minority to be sure, but a vocal one -- that would, if they could, gladly go back to the days when there were only five bowl games, and ND, by choice, never played in any of them. There are legitimate criticisms to be made of ND's football program. Criticizing them as a bowl game whore is not one of those, though.
I see ND actually needing to joining the Big East at some point down the road, particularly if the B10 thrives.
Unlike many ND fans, I'm intellectually honest enough to concede that the day may come when ND has no realistic alternative but to abandon its football independence. That having been said, I don't think that's necessarily a zero-sum game with the Big Ten. I think there are two circumstances where that could occur: (1) ND continues to wallow in mediocre-to-poor play on the field for some time to come; or (2) there is a "seismic" (to borrow Swarbrick's word) realignment that also forces ND out of regular-season opportunities, postseason opportunities, or both. Other than the possibility of further expansion, I don't see the Big Ten playing a significant role in either.
I have gone from regarding ND as a natural B10 conference entry to regarding them as a very distant and slim possibility.
On that point, we agree. I believe that, should it become necessary for ND to join a conference in the future, ND will have other options available besides the Big Ten. The Big East may be one, and the ACC may be another (although I wouldn't support ACC membership unless that conference's center of gravity shifted coniderably to the north, which may occur if there is a Big East-ACC merger down the road). Given the hostility that exists between ND and the Big Ten (think Penn State and the Big East, only on a much larger scale and over a much longer period of time), I tend to think ND will go for the other option in the end.
H4ever
Eternal Scobode

Post by H4ever »

mvscal wrote:
H4ever wrote: So you think it's A OK for Tejas to pull the shit they've been pulling?
The only shit we've been pulling is YOUR dead weight. You tards would be going to school in mud huts and beating rocks together to make fire without Texas. WE made you fuckups the fourth most valuable team in college athletics.
What the fuck is wrong with school's like OU and AtM?

They have intelligent people capable of making rational business decisions running their programs. They stand in stark contrast to the lying, hyper-emotional pantloads shitting the bed in Lincoln.

You have the biggest collection of boot lickers and morons in the B12 as any conference in the country. The only school that seems to really want out is A&M and I don't think they can pull the trigger without the TEXASS legislators giving approval....

Say what you want about the sCUm but they got out while the getting was good.... It's going to make Nebraska's coup even bigger considering what TEXASS has in store for the other lackeys in the B12. The real problem is no one really wants KSU, KU, Baylor and ISU... so TEXASS can count on 4 automatic votes. Then you have the butt kissing Swooners, T Tech and OK lite willing and able... Mizzo simply doesn't count because no decent conference wanted them either!

You basically have A&M by themselves dealing with the asswipes in Austin.... another reason the want to get away from those ego maniacs. It's really going to be interesting to see how the B10 minus 2 would stage a championship game now? I really can't see how they'd to it with 10 teams unless OU is trundled to the North division? Then you'd have an automatic rematch between the Whorns and Swooners every year or until 2 more teams could be added.

Now what team in their right mind would climb in bed with the (w)Hore-master Texass? TCU? Memphis? ya really topped out there :meds:

Bottom line this is such a huge mess with dirtbag TEXASS dealing down and dirty from the bottom of the deck... I'm so enjoying every minute of it now! Texas flirts for months with the Pac-10 and agree to be EQUAL partners with the other schools. Then, at the last minute when FSN drops this new TV offer they demand special treatment from the Pac-10. Texas is scum. Pure and simple.

When Texas is a perrenial 7-5 team (it will happen within 5 years) and Pelini's got the Huskers competing for the MNC annually...justice will be served. I feel bad for the Pac-10...picking up bong U (Colorado) with the hope of acquiring the Big 12 south in exchange. TexASS involved in anyway should have told them out front it wasn't going to happen. Congrats Tejas..you're well on your way to becoming the most hated team in America. And your revenue will drop substantially as a result. Fucking scumbags.
Van
2012 CFB Bowl Pick Champ

Post by Van »

When Texas is a perrenial 7-5 team (it will happen within 5 years)
How is that going to happen? They play a one-game conference schedule, and they load up on cupcakes OOC. The Big XII just lost the only other team that conceivably could've given them a game in the coming years. Other than OU, who's going to hang those other losses on them?

Playing in that conference, with that OOC schedule, Texas will struggle to ever lose even two regular-season games in the near future. The only way that happens is if they suffer massive injuries and/or they get curbstomped by the NCAA.
and Pelini's got the Huskers competing for the MNC annually...
That's only slightly less farfetched than Texas becoming a perennial 5-loss team any time soon.

MgoBlue-LightSpecial
Eternal Scobode

Post by MgoBlue-LightSpecial »

Word. I see Texas backing their way into the MNC with a soft serve schedule for years to come.

As for NU...they should probably field a team that doesn't consider scoring more than 6 points a game almanac worthy before concocting dreams of skating to the Rose Bowl and beyond every year.
H4ever
Eternal Scobode

Post by H4ever »

MgoBlue-LightSpecial wrote:Word. I see Texas backing their way into the MNC with a soft serve schedule for years to come.

As for NU...they should probably field a team that doesn't consider scoring more than 6 points a game almanac worthy before concocting dreams of skating to the Rose Bowl and beyond every year.

We shall see. Pelini will make some noise his first year in the Big 10. Rest assured.
Van
2012 CFB Bowl Pick Champ

Post by Van »

H4, you still haven't answered my question about who's going to hang those "perennial five losses" on Texas in the coming seasons? Year after year, OU is the only Big XII team that can even hope to compete with Texas, and we all know Texas will rarely schedule themselves any potential losses OOC.

So who's going to beat them?

These guys?

Baylor
Iowa St
Kansas
Kansas St
Mizzou
Taco Tech
Okie St
A&M

You see those Washington Generals hanging four to five losses per year on Texas? Those clowns can barely hang four losses per season on each other.

H4ever
Eternal Scobode

Post by H4ever »

Van wrote:H4, you still haven't answered my question about who's going to hang those "perennial five losses" on Texas in the coming seasons? Year after year, OU is the only Big XII team that can even hope to compete with Texas, and we all know Texas will rarely schedule themselves any potential losses OOC.

So who's going to beat them?

These guys?

Baylor
Iowa St
Kansas
Kansas St
Mizzou
Taco Tech
Okie St
A&M

You see those Washington Generals hanging four to five losses per year on Texas? Those clowns can barely hang four losses per season on each other.
Texas' talent level will slip in the near future. As previously mentioned...their reputation has been damaged in all this. Parents will redirect some of the top talent elsewhere. People are smarter than you think. Slowly, but surely, there will be fallout from the damage to Texas' reputation. Mack.. a known underachiever with his top classes...will get beat by OU anually.

K-state has always had Tejas' number it seems. Mizzou will get over a couple of times and Atm will make a mockery of Tejas due to the rivalry factor coupled with Texas' loss of 5 stars nearly across the board. And then you have Okie Lite and T Tech to consider.

Factoring in at least ONE tough OOC game? Yea...it will happen.
txangler74
Elwood

Post by txangler74 »

No one will remember this crap in 2 years. Much less some high school kid with a offer from Texas.
F-You man, I'll never go to Texas. I hated Texas from that point on.
-Eric Dickerson on his recruitment to the University of Texas
H4ever
Eternal Scobode

Post by H4ever »

txangler74 wrote:No one will remember this crap in 2 years. Much less some high school kid with a offer from Texas.

Try again....SMU has never recovered and neither will Texas. Funny thing is the NCAA had nothing to do with Tejas...true colors had everything to do with it. A whole generation of parents will remember.
Van
2012 CFB Bowl Pick Champ

Post by Van »

H4 wrote:Texas' talent level will slip in the near future.
They just locked up the Big XII...officially. Besides the fact that Nebraska will no longer even be a factor, the remainder of the conference flat out hitched their wagons to Longhorn nutsack. They straight up pledged their dependence on and fealty to Texas, and you think that will hurt Texas recruiting?

Are you high?
As previously mentioned...their reputation has been damaged in all this.
No, it hasn't. It's been elevated, at least where it matters: in the Big XII. Yeah, the Pac 10 told them to eat a dick, but that's neither here nor there in Big XII country.

"Son, <insert Big XII school here> would now be playing in the MWC were it not for us. That's a fact. Where we go, everyone else in this conference follows. So do you want to play for the locomotive, or the caboose? Sign here...."
Parents will redirect some of the top talent elsewhere.
No, they won't. Parents who would've normally sent their little LaFred's to Texas? Now they're really going to think twice about sending them anywhere else, knowing that Texas is literally calling all the shots in their little two-team conference. Texas is one game away from playing for the national title every year. Beat OU, and they're in. That's it. That's what they rightfully get to sell recruits and their parents.

Why the fuck do you think they decided to stay put in the Big XII? Once the Pac 10 told them hell no, you ain't running things here, Texas thugged up the Big XII and landed it as their own little feifdom, lock, stock and barrel.

Their position is stronger now than it would've been had they gone to the Pac 10 or Big 10, and you know how strong their position already was before any of this came down. It just got stronger. Now it's all out in the open, and nobody in the conference can deny it: There's Texas, then there's everybody else. Even mighty OU is now just elgrandepeehole to the Texas Valvenis.
People are smarter than you think.
Apparently they are, except for those who've overdosed on the Tom Osborne Kool-Aid.

See, everyone else realizes that Texas just went Michael Corleone at the end of The Godfather, and the entire Big XII was Moe Green.
Slowly, but surely, there will be fallout from the damage to Texas' reputation.
There is no damage to their reputation. Nobody gives a rat fuck about Nebraska's complaints. The rest of the conference toed the line, handing Texas the deed to the entire property. That's the only reputation anyone who matters will recognize.

Meanwhile, Nebraska will be off foundering in the Big 10, pretty much the same as they've been foundering in the Big XII. They won't be Indiana, but they also won't be Ohio St. They simply swapped masters.

Texas? Their decision to stay put insured that they would continue to rule the manner, and they answer to no one. It's no longer the Big XII. It's now The Burnt Orange Nutsack.
Mack.. a known underachiever with his top classes...will get beat by OU anually.
All the best programs have top classes. Despite that, you still only have three guys who've won two titles. Everyone else whose classes are also loaded with 5 stars is managing not to win championships every year.

If Mack is an underachier, well, what's Bob Stoops? You know what he is? He's Mack's only competition in the conference, same as it ever was, and that's not about to change.
K-state has always had Tejas' number it seems.
If you're banking on those guys to hang with Texas every season, you're out of your mind.
Mizzou will get over a couple of times
Yes, every thirty years or so. Texas has beaten Mizzou fifteen out of the last sixteen, and most of those were assrapings. That gap is only growing, or did you miss 41-7 and 56-31?
and Atm will make a mockery of Tejas due to the rivalry factor coupled with Texas' loss of 5 stars nearly across the board.
A&M can't even get a sniff at Texas, and Texas recruiting is only going to strengthen with the new TV package.
And then you have Okie Lite and T Tech to consider.
I have considered them. That's two more guaranteed wins for Texas nearly every year. Aren't you supposed to be a follower of Big XII football? Texas has beaten Okie St twelve straight, and seventeen out of eighteen. Texas has beaten Taco Tech six out of seven and nine out of eleven.

Face it: Texas rarely loses to anyone in that conference. OU is the only program they need to worry about, and that's true practically every damn year. They're even 8-1 against "mighty" Nebraska.

There is nothing there in the Big XII. They either beat OU and go to the title game or they lose to OU and go to some other BCS bowl game. In a worst case scenario, they fluke their way into one other loss, and that's it. That's the reality in the Big XII for the forseeable future. And with all that continued Texas success will come even bigger TV contracts and easier recruiting.

This shit has no end in sight. As long as Texas plays in the Texas 10, and assuming the NCAA doesn't take them down, they're here to stay.
Factoring in at least ONE tough OOC game?
Why factor that in? It's not reality. They don't average one tough OOC game per season. Not even close. They average one tough one every few years, if that. There are so few potential losses OOC that Texas can pretty much pencil in a clean sweep OOC every season.
Yea...it will happen.
What happened is Texas just got one of only two potential conference foes to off themselves from the schedule. Hell, if Texas can now get OU to join the SEC or the NFC West, Longhorn Fan can go ahead and book reservations to the BCS title game every year.

Van
2012 CFB Bowl Pick Champ

Post by Van »

H4ever wrote:
txangler74 wrote:No one will remember this crap in 2 years. Much less some high school kid with a offer from Texas.
Try again....SMU has never recovered and neither will Texas. Funny thing is the NCAA had nothing to do with Tejas...true colors had everything to do with it. A whole generation of parents will remember.
SMU was never even close to Texas to begin with, and Texas wasn't given the Death Penalty.

Horrible analogy.

M Club
el capitán

Post by M Club »

why is this bs even worth debating? basically, two school pulled transactions that reflect their positions in the cf world as opposed to where they imagined themselves. nebraska figured it deserves more than just an occasional taste of texas' ass and went to a conference that shares revenue more equitably, whereas texas thought it was too big for its britches and figured it could just have a corner suite in the pac 10. even though they were sent home with their tail between their legs they have an entire conference as consolation.

otherwise:

nebraska will not be competing for mnc's every year. penn state was twice the program nebraska is now when they first joined, and look how far that momentum carried them. they'll be good, but you had a better shot at annual trips to mnc in the big xii.

in five years' time texas will be 10-1, 11-2, etc. no fucking way 7-5. the only people who've "seen texas for what they really are" live in nebraska, so yeah. texas will keep on with their normal recruiting pitch - which is basically commit or die - and all the top texas prospects will keep signing up as juniors. good for the rest of cf that their recruiting classes are locked up so early since they miss out on all the seniors who blow up in the interim. you know, when their physical abilities more closely reflect what they'll be like as a college student rather than as a 16-year-old freak.

all this move did was cause the pac 10 and big xii to swap rolls in the cfb landscape. texas and that sorry ass schedule of theirs will drop a game or two every year and then get treated like usc has been the past five or so. meanwhile, pac 10 ccg will catapult their one-loss champion in the bcs standings past the big xii regular season champion who's been dormant for two weeks.

what good, really, is an all-texas network? the cash cow there would be texas fb, whose games i assume would be broadcast on whichever network is dropping all that dosh on the big xii. are people really going to tune in for swimming? i suppose that same thing was brought up with the big ten network, but they've split coverage between 11 teams as well as had exclusive coverage of fb and bball. all texas, all the time? bwahahahahahahaha. maybe these are the same delusions of grandeur that caused them to dictate terms to the pac 10.
txangler74
Elwood

Post by txangler74 »

H4ever wrote:Try again....SMU has never recovered and neither will Texas. Funny thing is the NCAA had nothing to do with Tejas...true colors had everything to do with it. A whole generation of parents will remember.
Go compare the budgets of SMU and Texas. The Texas athletic department spends more on toilet paper then what SMU spends on all athletics. If SMU's budget was half of what Texas' is they'd be a top 25 team.
F-You man, I'll never go to Texas. I hated Texas from that point on.
-Eric Dickerson on his recruitment to the University of Texas
Van
2012 CFB Bowl Pick Champ

Post by Van »

M Club wrote:texas will keep on with their normal recruiting pitch - which is basically commit or die
:lol:

:applause:

mvscal
Blank

Post by mvscal »

Van wrote:Their position is stronger now than it would've been had they gone to the Pac 10 or Big 10, and you know how strong their position already was before any of this came down. It just got stronger. Now it's all out in the open, and nobody in the conference can deny it: There's Texas, then there's everybody else. Even mighty OU is now just elgrandepeehole to the Texas Valvenis.
It's a benevolent dictatorship, though. Regardless of NU's shit filled diaper tantrum, it is impossible to argue that they did not financially prosper in the Big 12. Their fantasies of even greater riches and success in the Big 10 are likely to be just that...fantasies.

There isn't a team in the Big 12 (-) that would be better off anywhere else.