Thoughts on the Texas 10 conference?

Fuck Jim Delany

Moderators: 88BuckeyeGrad, Left Seater, buckeye_in_sc

At Large
Bitter Husker Apologist

Thoughts on the Texas 10 conference?

Post by At Large »

So if this sticks and who know what happens at this point, how does the Texas 10 conference (formerly the Big 12) look?

Harv already had his bags packed to the greener pastures of the West Coast, but something funny happened on the way. According to the Denver Post:
A source close to the Pac-10's expansion negotiations told The Denver Post that Texas insisted on better revenue sharing and its own network, which essentially killed the deal.

"In the 11th hour, after months of telling us they understand the TV rights, they're trying to pull a fast one on the verge of sealing the deal in the regents meeting," the source said. "They want a better revenue sharing deal and their own network. Those were points of principle. (The Pac-10) wants to treat everyone fairly. It's been that way for months of discussions."
After 'months of discussions'... Hmmm.... 'Months' Nah... Couldn't be true. I thought they wanted to keep the conference together. The Pac 10 balked at their demands for more money and their own network.

So instead of the huge Pac 10 mega conference with Texas as its king, we have the T10 with everything that Texas wanted. They got A&M to toe the line. They got OU to follow them around like a kicked dog. They get more money. They get their TV network.

Any bets on how long this conference lasts? When it comes to the leagues votes on these matters, will the other teams finally have the balls to stand up to Texas or will it be way too late? By that time, Texas will have their TV network on the air and they won't want to share. So you'll have Texas probably making 20+ mil per year while the lower teams making less than half that. I'm sure that won't come up when the league has to vote on these things.

As much as I hate to see series with CU, KSU and MU (as I loved hating them and I'm sure the feeling was more than mutual) end, I think NU got out at the right time. You reap what you sow and I think the Big 12 teams have just signed over their souls to Texas, who will be extracting interest for years to come.

I'm not gloating. I may soon hate hearing Pam Ward's sultry voice. It'll certainly be different getting used to playing Indiana or Northwestern every year. I do feel bad for the old Big 8 schools though. They deserved better leadership.
Harvdog
Eternal Scobode

Re: Thoughts on the Texas 10 conference?

Post by Harvdog »

This was all a ploy of the evil empire called Texas to get rid of the biggest bunch of whiny pussies called Nebraska. You got your deal and now shut the fuck up and go away. Tom is happy because he can save face by "sticking" it to Texas....something he could not do on the football field. We get rid of Nebraska and Colorado and the Big XII lives on.

Texas used our power and got everyone more money. KU, KSU, ISU, Baylor and Missouri all stay in a BCS conference and get twice the TV payout. Could NU or CU done this? No. We also had the backing of OU, OSU, TTU and A&M. I have yet to hear any AD's from what is left of the Big XII come out and attack Texas. Are they all happy with what happened? You tell me. If doubling your TV revenue, keeping the conference together, and losing the douchbags that are NU and CU made Texas the "el Duce" of the Big XII then so be it.

I love how this is all about "equal revenue sharing" according to a CU fishwrap. Fucking Democrats. It is all about wellfare. Why should the schools that actually put butts in seats and in front of TV's be responsible for CU's lack of interest in basketball? Why do teams that get 80K to a football game (Texas, OU, A&M) on Saturday and have a waiting list of 50K people need to subsidize the fact that Missouri and Kansas can't get 40K to a football game? There was an option for equal revenue at the start of the Big XII but NU was opposed. CU was opposed. Now, they leave the conference for 'greener" pastures and the Big XII got the cash. Idiots.

It is a win-win if you ask me. More money and NO Nebraska and Colorado.
Bizzarofelice
I wanna be a bear

Post by Bizzarofelice »

Harvdog wrote:need to subsidize the fact that Missouri and Kansas can't get 40K to a football game?

Say what? Mizzou was 5th in conference and 28th nationwide in attendance. Avg of 64K per game.
why is my neighborhood on fire
War Wagon
2010 CFB Pickem Champ

Post by War Wagon »

At Large wrote: You reap what you sow and I think the Big 12 teams have just signed over their souls to Texas, who will be extracting interest for years to come.
The remaining teams will ALL be cashing larger paychecks. In fact, KU, KSU, ISU are so giddy at this new deal that they agreed to forego partaking of the bonus feasting on NU and CU penalty forfeitures. Mizzou has not agreed to that stipulation, allegedly.

Hey, I have no problem with Texass being uncle sugardaddy in this shotgun wedding. A riding tide raises all boats and beggars can't be choosers.

Seems NU and CU fans are like estranged wives, bitter as hell that the old man got a hot new piece of young ass after they left of their own volition, and are now trying to lash out. Well bitches, don't let the door hit you in the ass on the way out.
I do feel bad for the old Big 8 schools though.
Don't.

Feel sorry for yourself that you walked out after a 100 years. Nobody forced you out, you just left. You fucked up royally. Take your tradition and shove it.
War Wagon
2010 CFB Pickem Champ

Post by War Wagon »

Bizzarofelice wrote:
Harvdog wrote:need to subsidize the fact that Missouri and Kansas can't get 40K to a football game?

Say what? Mizzou was 5th in conference and 28th nationwide in attendance. Avg of 64K per game.

Fuck you Gayfelice, my next post was going to address that. Fuckin' cockblocker.
BSmack
2005 and 2010 JFFL Champion

Post by BSmack »

War Wagon wrote:Hey, I have no problem with Texass being uncle sugardaddy in this shotgun wedding. A riding tide raises all boats and beggars can't be choosers.
Well at least Mizzou fan knows where he stands. Self loathing much?
"Once upon a time, dinosaurs didn't have families. They lived in the woods and ate their children. It was a golden age."

—Earl Sinclair

"I do have respect for authority even though I throw jelly dicks at them.

- Antonio Brown
Goober McTuber
World Renowned Last Word Whore

Post by Goober McTuber »

BSmack wrote:
War Wagon wrote:Hey, I have no problem with Texass being uncle sugardaddy in this shotgun wedding. A riding tide raises all boats and beggars can't be choosers.
Well at least Mizzou fan knows where he stands.
Or kneels.
Joe in PB wrote: Yeah I'm the dumbass
schmick, speaking about Larry Nassar's pubescent and prepubescent victims wrote: They couldn't even kick that doctors ass

Seems they rather just lay there, get fucked and play victim
Cuda
IKYABWAI

Post by Cuda »

Bizzarofelice wrote:

70k drunks in the stadia is considered a minimum
WacoFan wrote:Flying any airplane that you can hear the radio over the roaring radial engine is just ghey anyway.... Of course, Cirri are the Miata of airplanes..
War Wagon
2010 CFB Pickem Champ

Post by War Wagon »

Goober McTuber wrote:
BSmack wrote:
Well at least Mizzou fan knows where he stands.
Or kneels.
For $17 mil a year and the chance to play in a BCS conference, call it what you will. We'll call it a huge sigh of relief that we won't be playing in the MWC or hooking up with Creighton, Drake, Southern Illinois or Northern Iowa.

Wait, we already hook up with Northern Iowa.... in Ames.
Cornhusker
2018/2019 and 2023/2024 Pick ‘em Champion

Post by Cornhusker »

War Wagon wrote:For $17 mil a year and the chance to play in a BCS conference, call it what you will. We'll call it a huge sigh of relief that we won't be playing in the MWC or hooking up with Creighton, Drake, Southern Illinois or Northern Iowa.

Who at Fox has officially announced this deal? I'll give you a hint...no one. Beebe is scrambling to get any deal and it hasn't happened. Ask yourself, outside of Uterus and OU's match-up and maybe Uterus and A&M, name the next game anyone cares to see outside the state that the two schools are located? Iowa St. Texas? Kansas OU? Okie St. K-State...the list is endless and the TV sets are minimal and that kinda cash for TV rights for those types of games just doesn't fit.
The promise is simply to buy Texas and OU time to recover from the aftershock of Nebraska calling their bluff. Band-aid if you will.
H4ever
Eternal Scobode

Post by H4ever »

Yep...Texas has lost its luster....and are now playing smoke and mirrors...clinging to those top classes. Scumbags will be perrenial .500 teams within 3 years and the Joke 12 will be a bust. Enjoy that albatross around your necks cunts...you will never recover from this. Tejas = bitch.
txangler74
Elwood

Post by txangler74 »

Bitter much?
F-You man, I'll never go to Texas. I hated Texas from that point on.
-Eric Dickerson on his recruitment to the University of Texas
H4ever
Eternal Scobode

Post by H4ever »

txangler74 wrote:Bitter much?

Not at all....all caught up in the revelry ala C.Cross...enjoying the outlook. Serously dude...Tejas is fucked within 5 years.
The REAL Big 12 has been formed.
Truman
Eternal Scobode

Post by Truman »

^^^^^^^^^^

Second in the North; second in the West.

Same shit, different league. Mix in an offense, Losers....
txangler74
Elwood

Post by txangler74 »

Aslong as Dodds is running the show in Austin things will be just fine. If the Texas Conference doesn't work out I am sure they will make a phone call or two and go west.
Harvdog
Eternal Scobode

Post by Harvdog »

H4ever wrote:Yep...Texas has lost its luster....and are now playing smoke and mirrors...clinging to those top classes. Scumbags will be perrenial .500 teams within 3 years and the Joke 12 will be a bust. Enjoy that albatross around your necks cunts...you will never recover from this. Tejas = bitch.
:lol:

Really? So, playing in 4 BCS games in the last 6 years and playing for 2 MNC's and winning 1 is losing its luster? Then Nebraska needs a shitload of this

What did Nebraska do for the Big XII? Nothing. No one in Texas or any of the larger media markets that carried the Big XII gave a flying fuck about the cornfuckers. You suck at baseball.....you suck at basketball....and your football ain't worth a squirt of piss.

Funny thing....in 2008, The Big XII had 4 teams in the Top 10 at one point and 5 teams in the Top 15. How many were from Nebraska? How many left the Big XII so that they could slug it out with Northwestern for the ass end of the Big 10 South division? That's right. NU was nowhere to be found. That's because your team SUCKS. We will be just fine without your arrogance and bullshit drama. Tom Osbourne can go suck a dick.
H4ever wrote:Not at all....all caught up in the revelry ala C.Cross...enjoying the outlook. Serously dude...Tejas is fucked within 5 years.
The REAL Big 12 has been formed.
I really want to know where you buy your weed. That is some half baked shit. Texas is not fucked. OU is not fucked. The Big XII is not fucked. We have 10 schools that want to compete. We have 10 schools that want to be a part of this conference and we have a large television audience. We are fine.

Go to your new conference and be happy with your shitty team. We don't care.
H4ever
Eternal Scobode

Post by H4ever »

Truman wrote:^^^^^^^^^^

Didn't need an offense vs. Tejas in the XII title game. D was good enough. Tejas...on the other hand... needed a zebra-job and a phantom second to get past our ineptness at O. Nice job. Your 5 stars got bitch-slapped.
H4ever
Eternal Scobode

Post by H4ever »

txangler74 wrote:Aslong as Dodds is running the show in Austin things will be just fine. If the Texas Conference doesn't work out I am sure they will make a phone call or two and go west.

and not call the shots? Doubt it....Pac 10 told them to go fuck themselves. Enjoy the new MWC with a BCS tie in. 5 years and the rug gets pulled. reap it.
Harvdog
Eternal Scobode

Post by Harvdog »

H4ever wrote:

Didn't need an offense vs. Tejas in the XII title game. D was good enough. Tejas...on the other hand... needed a zebra-job and a phantom second to get past our ineptness at O. Nice job. Your 5 stars got bitch-slapped.
You need to wipe the blood out of your vagina. We won fair and square. Phantom? You are a total moron. Total bitch move to cry about a call that was reviewed and was proven to correct. Yeah, we sure lost.....but then again the scoreboard showed Texas ahead at the end. Silly me. I bet your old lady thinks your 3 incher is 9 inches of limp dick too. :meds:
txangler74
Elwood

Post by txangler74 »

The Pac 10 or 12 would bend over in a second to get the Texas TV market. Tomorrow or in 5 years.
H4ever
Eternal Scobode

Post by H4ever »

Harvdog wrote:
H4ever wrote:Yep...Texas has lost its luster....and are now playing smoke and mirrors...clinging to those top classes. Scumbags will be perrenial .500 teams within 3 years and the Joke 12 will be a bust. Enjoy that albatross around your necks cunts...you will never recover from this. Tejas = bitch.
:lol:

Really? So, playing in 4 BCS games in the last 6 years and playing for 2 MNC's and winning 1 is losing its luster? Then Nebraska needs a shitload of this.
C'mon Harv....Mack ain't done shit on par with the classes he's pulled. Imagine what Osborne would have done with that talent. You can only dream of the glory and dynasty to be had at Tejas had a real coach like TO had the reigns with all that talent. What would Pelini have done?

Now go rub one out and dream....cling to that tiny trophy that is more insult than glory considering the talent times the years it took to gain it. You guys fucking suck in the overall scheme of things...you, Tejas, and Mack are NOTHING in comparison.

And now your team and conference are dying. Reap it. You WILL crawl to the Pac 10...a 4 time 6-6 team...and you WILL do it on their terms. Either that or you will whore yourself to FOX for a fraction of what you demand now. Nebraska will be gettin' bank in the REAL Big XII. Poetic justice.

Reap it.
H4ever
Eternal Scobode

Post by H4ever »

txangler74 wrote:The Pac 10 or 12 would bend over in a second to get the Texas TV market. Tomorrow or in 5 years.

Is that why they told Texas to go fuck themselves with their demands when Texas was shopping around PRIOR to Nebraska's negotiations with the Big 10?

Read more...post less. Thank you.
H4ever
Eternal Scobode

Post by H4ever »

Harvdog wrote:
H4ever wrote:

You need to wipe the blood out of your vagina. We won fair and square. Phantom? You are a total moron. Total bitch move to cry about a call that was reviewed and was proven to correct. Yeah, we sure lost.....but then again the scoreboard showed Texas ahead at the end. Silly me. I bet your old lady thinks your 3 incher is 9 inches of limp dick too. :meds:
'
Learn the game fuckstick...and read articles outside of Austin. Thanks in advance. Now go slam your misshapen dome in a dresser drawer until you can make an inkling of fucking coherent sense. Thanks again.
txangler74
Elwood

Post by txangler74 »

I still don't understand your logic on the UT football program going to shit in 5 years time. I would bet Mack Brown will still be running the show then. At the end of the day they kept SEC recruiting out of Texas. Texas as a state still has a shit load of people moving there so I don't think the talent pool is going to dry up. Your prediction makes no sense.
Truman
Eternal Scobode

Post by Truman »

H4ever wrote:

...and YOU needed an illegally kicked ball to preserve an MNC. Score more points, Losers. Can't wait to hang another fiddy on your traitor asses again this year in Lincoln....
H4ever
Eternal Scobode

Post by H4ever »

txangler74 wrote:I still don't understand your logic on the UT football program going to shit in 5 years time. I would bet Mack Brown will still be running the show then. At the end of the day they kept SEC recruiting out of Texas. Texas as a state still has a shit load of people moving there so I don't think the talent pool is going to dry up. Your prediction makes no sense.

See reputation and national exposure...both of which are impacted in the fallout. Five years from now? There will be a marked difference for the worse, if your Texas. Seriously dude...it's going to happen. There's plenty of D-1 schools in the state of Texas alone that have more than enough room for all that talent you mention.
H4ever
Eternal Scobode

Post by H4ever »

Truman wrote:
H4ever wrote:

...and YOU needed an illegally kicked ball to preserve an MNC. Score more points, Losers. Can't wait to hang another fiddy on your traitor asses again this year in Lincoln....

Only had to go back 14 years for that one...good call ya fucking slobbering ingrate. You sluts have only one title since '70 to show for all those top classes. Ya really set the world on fire haven't ya sport? Kinda like having a master's degree and being the head mongoloid in charge of the fryer at Denny's isn't it?

You WILL get bitch-slapped in Lincoln this year. Bet on it.
Truman
Eternal Scobode

Post by Truman »

H4ever wrote:You WILL get bitch-slapped in Lincoln this year. Bet on it.
Heh. Only if the Tigers decide to run plays at their own endzone.

Kinda hard to talk tough when your offense can't move the ball. Smart money sez Mizzou will have more punt return yardage than
the 'skars will have in total offense. Pity your best quarterback starts for Mizzou.

Have fun watching that North Runner-Up banner hoisted high above Memorial come '11, Traitors....
Harvdog
Eternal Scobode

Post by Harvdog »

H4ever wrote:
Five years from now? There will be a marked difference for the worse, if your Texas. Seriously dude...it's going to happen. There's plenty of D-1 schools in the state of Texas alone that have more than enough room for all that talent you mention.
So let me get this straight, because Nebraska was not the class of the Big XII and basically did nothing over the last 14 years of value to help the conference in terms of exposure and the ability to earn more $$$ from TV revenue Texas is going to be 6-6? Dude. Seriously? Really? You need to take your own advise and Read More and Post Less.

Things are not going to change in-terms of the power players in the Big XII. Texas will be Texas, OU will be OU and we will have 4 other teams that will be in the Top 25. The only ting that changes is we don't have to carry the dead weight of Nebraska...that is up to the Big 10 now. Right now things are great because of the newness of having Nebraska in the conference. When they see what a bunch of bitches you are and that they are paying you $17 million a year to bring nothing to the conference, that too will change. Before long, you will be in the Missouri Valley Conference where you can take on a school that is more to your level.....like Creighton.
At Large
Bitter Husker Apologist

Post by At Large »

Harvdog wrote: What did Nebraska do for the Big XII? Nothing. No one in Texas or any of the larger media markets that carried the Big XII gave a flying fuck about the cornfuckers. You suck at baseball.....you suck at basketball....and your football ain't worth a squirt of piss.
Nebraska has one MNC in football since going the Big 12. Same as Texas and OU. NU's played for the title twice. Same as you. Hell, OU has played for it four times!

By the way, NU is second in all team conference championships with 76. Texas, with the most sports teams, has 113 since the Big 12 started. Not bad for a school that hasn't done 'nothing' for the Big XII.
At Large
Bitter Husker Apologist

Post by At Large »

War Wagon wrote: For $17 mil a year and the chance to play in a BCS conference, call it what you will. We'll call it a huge sigh of relief that we won't be playing in the MWC or hooking up with Creighton, Drake, Southern Illinois or Northern Iowa.

Translation: We were scared shitless of being left homeless after we made a pass at the Big 10, so now we have to hold our hat in our hands and will be Texas's bitch for the foreseeable future.
Cuda
IKYABWAI

Post by Cuda »

txangler74 wrote:The Pac 10 or 12 would bend over in a second to get the Texas TV market. Tomorrow or in 5 years.
5 years may be about as long as the Texas 10 conference lasts. Texas killed the SWC, it killed the Big XII, and it'll kill just about any conference it's ever in. Texas needs to be in a conference where it's not the dominant team, money wise, for the conference to survive. Probably only the PAC fits that description.
WacoFan wrote:Flying any airplane that you can hear the radio over the roaring radial engine is just ghey anyway.... Of course, Cirri are the Miata of airplanes..
indyfrisco
Pro Bonfire

Post by indyfrisco »

Goober McTuber wrote:One last post...
H4ever
Eternal Scobode

Post by H4ever »

Harvdog wrote:
H4ever wrote:
Five years from now? There will be a marked difference for the worse, if your Texas. Seriously dude...it's going to happen. There's plenty of D-1 schools in the state of Texas alone that have more than enough room for all that talent you mention.
So let me get this straight, because Nebraska was not the class of the Big XII and basically did nothing over the last 14 years of..... When they see what a bunch of bitches you are and that they are paying you $17 million a year to bring nothing to the conference, that too will change. Before long, you will be in the Missouri Valley Conference where you can take on a school that is more to your level.....like Creighton.

Yea..you're right Harv....maybe you underachieving Ra-tards will win another MNC sometime the next 40 years....like last time.

This fact + the 2900 5-stars + largest athletic budget in America = Texas would fuck up a soup sandwich even with directions. You guys really do suck in more ways than one.

I will be rooting against every Tejas athletic program including your women's bowling team and so will the majority of America. Reap it.
Goober McTuber
World Renowned Last Word Whore

Post by Goober McTuber »

H4ever wrote:I will be rooting against every Tejas athletic program including your women's bowling team and so will the majority of America. Reap it.
Not sure why you think that you speak for the majority of Americans. I could give a rat’s ass about any of Texas’ athletic programs and couldn’t be bothered to cheer against them unless they’re playing a Big 10 school. Get over yourself already.
Joe in PB wrote: Yeah I'm the dumbass
schmick, speaking about Larry Nassar's pubescent and prepubescent victims wrote: They couldn't even kick that doctors ass

Seems they rather just lay there, get fucked and play victim
M Club
el capitán

Post by M Club »

Goober McTuber wrote:
H4ever wrote:I will be rooting against every Tejas athletic program including your women's bowling team and so will the majority of America. Reap it.
Not sure why you think that you speak for the majority of Americans. I could give a rat’s ass about any of Texas’ athletic programs and couldn’t be bothered to cheer against them unless they’re playing a Big 10 school. Get over yourself already.
er, good point. if h4e's really going to go all out rooting against texas, then their network really is going to reap it. teams probably make more money off their haters than they do their actual supporters. not that my assertion's backed by any sort of evidence.
indyfrisco
Pro Bonfire

Post by indyfrisco »

H4E and other CornFan sounding like little bitches. Sad, really. CornFan used to be one of the classiest and best reads in our litte BTPCFB forums over the years. I realize we no longer have posters the likes of Shaz or AK in Bugaha. We are left with this. The "nanny-nanny-boo-boo-we're-in-the-Big-10" CornFan is laughable at best.

Oh...and the constant "Reap it" tag? Seriously? It's very da twoof!-like. You think you're being some sort of tough while everyone laughs AT you, little fella, not WITH you.
Goober McTuber wrote:One last post...
Screw_Michigan
Angry Snowflake

Post by Screw_Michigan »

Goober McTuber wrote:Not sure why you think that you speak for the majority of Americans. I could give a rat’s ass about any of Texas’ athletic programs and couldn’t be bothered to cheer against them unless they’re playing a Big 10 school. Get over yourself already.
Amen. The day I give two shits about anything remotely related to the state of Texas is when it either 1) officially becomes part of Mexico or 2) becomes overwhelmed by drug violence.
kcdave wrote: Sat Sep 09, 2023 8:05 am
I was actually going to to join in the best bets activity here at good ole T1B...The guy that runs that contest is a fucking prick
Derron wrote: Sat Oct 03, 2020 3:07 pm
You are truly one of the worst pieces of shit to ever post on this board. Start giving up your paycheck for reparations now and then you can shut the fuck up about your racist blasts.
Cuda
IKYABWAI

Post by Cuda »

IndyFrisco wrote:H4E and other CornFan sounding like little bitches. Sad, really. CornFan used to be one of the classiest and best reads in our litte BTPCFB forums over the years.
Oh cut it out, Clueless Dumbfuck. Cornfan has always been a whiny bitch. You only notice it now because Texas is on the receiving end.
H4ever
Eternal Scobode

Post by H4ever »

IndyFrisco wrote:H4E and other CornFan sounding like little bitches. Sad, really. CornFan used to be one of the classiest and best reads in our litte BTPCFB forums over the years. I realize we no longer have posters the likes of Shaz or AK in Bugaha. We are left with this. The "nanny-nanny-boo-boo-we're-in-the-Big-10" CornFan is laughable at best.

Oh...and the constant "Reap it" tag? Seriously? It's very da twoof!-like. You think you're being some sort of tough while everyone laughs AT you, little fella, not WITH you.

I think AK and Shaz would be all over Texas' ass

Going all Dubya on ya: Make no mistake....Texas will leave boot heel prints all over the faces of what's left of the Big 12 and then ultimately bail when the super conferences eventually form. Texas is only interested in the short term money to be had by salvaging the Big 12...fully intending to pick up a couple of MNC's along the way due to a weakened conference with no CCG.

Texas fan will also get treated like royalty in Lincoln next year despite the festering, bitter resentment from Nebraska fan from one of the classiest legends in college football (TO) on down.

And I seriously don't give two shits about your opinion on my reap it "tag" I figured a college football fan like yourself would enjoy the way things have picked up in BTPCFB. But then, I never expected Aggie fan to be apologizing for Tejas, either. Tell me Aggie fan is aware of the lack of honesty and integrity over in Austin and will call them out when it's due. That "rival" of yours.