SEC Expansion

Fuck Jim Delany

Moderators: 88BuckeyeGrad, Left Seater, buckeye_in_sc

Mr T
Riverboat Gambler

SEC Expansion

Post by Mr T »

With talks of Colorado and Nebraska leaving the Big XII, I am wondering what the SEC will do.

I know FSU, Miami, GT, Louisville and Clemson do not have a shot of making it in the SEC. Kentucky, USC, UGA, and gaytors supposedly have a pact and 9 out of 12 members must vote you in. Also adding those schools do not increase TV exposure.

Does the SEC go after Texas, OU, Kansas and Mizzou? Or do they get ballsy and go for PSU, OSU, UM and ND? Or they raid the ACC and add VT, UNC, Duke and Maryland?
TheJON wrote:What does the winner get? Because if it's a handjob from Frisco, I'd like to campaign for my victory.
King Crimson
Eternal Scobode

Re: SEC Expansion

Post by King Crimson »

Texags.com had a thread claiming ATM had a SEC offer. The Daily Oklahoman ran a piece that said the SEC had demonstrated interest in OU.

we'll see. my take reading OU boards is OU peeps didn't seem too excited about a Pac move, nor did the Ag boards. but, now that the water has broke with NU and CU....maybe that's changed.
""On a lonely planet spinning its way toward damnation amid the fear and despair of a broken human race, who is left to fight for all that is good and pure and gets you smashed for under a fiver? Yes, it's the surprising adventures of me, Sir Digby Chicken-Caesar!"
"
Mr T
Riverboat Gambler

Post by Mr T »

All I know is that FSU should be on the phone with OU, Texas, ND, ect

They should be making a effort to try and make a super conference with some big teams.

West
OU
Okie State
Texas
TAMU
TTU
Kansas
Mizzou
ND

East
FSU
Miami
GT
UNC
Duke
Clemson
Maryland
VT

Somehow I feel FSU is going to be stuck in the ACC and forced to raid the Big East once again.
TheJON wrote:What does the winner get? Because if it's a handjob from Frisco, I'd like to campaign for my victory.
txangler74
Elwood

Post by txangler74 »

OU AD said they go where Tejas goes.
F-You man, I'll never go to Texas. I hated Texas from that point on.
-Eric Dickerson on his recruitment to the University of Texas
Mr T
Riverboat Gambler

Post by Mr T »

KC Scott wrote:KC Radio saying Texas and aTM going after a Big 10 invitation
KCTV is saying OU is going after SEC membership
Degenerate
Eternal Scobode

Post by Degenerate »

So Nebraska bolts the Big XII because of Texas, only to end up in another conference with Texas?

hmmmmmmmmmm
MgoBlue-LightSpecial
Eternal Scobode

Post by MgoBlue-LightSpecial »

This is all surreal.
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

MgoBlue-LightSpecial wrote:This is all surreal.
Werd.

Seems like it wasn't very long ago we were talking "Big10 expansion... again."

Blah blah blah.

Blah blah blah bleblah.

Now, NU is in the BigWhatever, CU is in the PAC, OU and Texas might be going somewhere.

It's like the end of BTPCFB as we knew it blew up in our faces in a matter of a couple of weeks.

I think it might all work out for the better, it'll just take some getting used to.
I got 99 problems but the 'vid ain't one
Moby Dick
2017 JAFFL Champ

Post by Moby Dick »

txangler74 wrote:OU AD said they go where Tejas goes.
that sucks.
cause tejas can go to hell!

but seriously i'm on the fence..i'd love to see OU in the SEC OR the Pac 10 OR the Big 10.

guess only time will tell.
Moby Dick
2017 JAFFL Champ

Post by Moby Dick »

Papa Willie wrote:
Moby Dick wrote:
txangler74 wrote:OU AD said they go where Tejas goes.
that sucks.
cause tejas can go to hell!

but seriously i'm on the fence..i'd love to see OU in the SEC OR the Pac 10 OR the Big 10.

guess only time will tell.
Get ready to apply for your SECBSHship. :D

noooooooooooooo
Goober McTuber
World Renowned Last Word Whore

Post by Goober McTuber »

Sudden Sam wrote:Hey PW! Good to see you're still able to reach the keyboard.
FTFY.

Just for old time's sake. :wink:
Joe in PB wrote: Yeah I'm the dumbass
schmick, speaking about Larry Nassar's pubescent and prepubescent victims wrote: They couldn't even kick that doctors ass

Seems they rather just lay there, get fucked and play victim
MuchoBulls
Tremendous Slouch

Post by MuchoBulls »

Jsc810 wrote:If all this shit can happen this quick, so can a playoff.
RACK!!
Dreams......Temporary Madness
Van
2012 CFB Bowl Pick Champ

Post by Van »

More like Elton and his hubby. :lol:

It's not your civility, though, it's the fact that you openly root for each other's teams. That goes well beyond being civil. 'Spray rooting for Auburn to remain mired in dogshit - which is precisely what he's rooting for when he's rooting for Bama to win a national title, thus furthering their lock on Auburn's home state - that's simply "SEC! SEC! SEC!" running berserk.
Joe Satriani is a mime, right? - 88

Show me your dicks. - trev
Terry in Crapchester
2012 March Madness Champ

Post by Terry in Crapchester »

On the original topic of this thread, I have heard that aTm doesn't want to join the Pac-whatever and is in talks with the SEC about joining. That to me would be the only thing, as it stands right now, to cause the SEC to expand. I think the SEC takes aTm if aTm wants in.

The question then becomes, who do they take to even the numbers out? I don't think that aTm has enough pull to bring in Baylor, Houston or TCU with them. And I don't think the SEC has any interest in any of those schools. Baylor and TCU both are religiously-oriented schools. And Houston, at least as I understand it, is predominantly a commuter school. Not that academics are a huge issue in the Meatgrinder, but most of the members are at least the flagship public school in their respective states. I suppose Missouri is a possibility, now that they've apparently been spurned by the Big Ten, but who knows?

So where would that leave the SEC? Imho, they would be looking for an eastern state to balance aTm and maintain current geographic alignment. But whom?

I've heard North Carolina is their first choice, but they have concern that North Carolina won't leave the ACC. And to me, North Carolina is the first member I think of when I think of ACC membership. North Carolina leaving the ACC would be somewhat akin to Ohio State or Michigan leaving the Big Ten, Alabama leaving the SEC, or USC leaving the Pac-whatever. So I don't see it happening, although I suppose stranger things have happened.

Virginia Tech? They were considered for SEC expansion in the early 90's, but ultimately rejected on geographic grounds. Of course, that was nearly 20 years ago, and a lot has changed since then. But then again, the Virginia legislature flexed some muscle to get them into the ACC earlier in the decade, and it might appear a bit unseemly under those circumstances to leave so soon.

West Virginia has also been mentioned, and certainly, the Meatgrinder would provide a pretty significant :bode: infusion for a school in such a poor state. OTOH, West Virginia is a bit of a geographic outlier in the Meatgrinder, and it's unclear whether they would be willing to say goodbye to, or at least downgrade, the Backyard Brawl.

The teams Mr. T mentioned as blackballed by the SEC all would make a lot of sense to me as SEC members, although I can see why the schools in question are attempting to blackball them. Of those schools, the one with the best chance of getting in would appear to be Georgia Tech. Georgia Tech was a former member of the SEC, although they left before I was born, and I'm an old fart. Perhaps more importantly, given the gulf in in-state popularity between Georgia and Georgia Tech, Georgia Tech being in the SEC would hurt Georgia less than Florida State being in the SEC would hurt Florida, or Clemson being in the SEC would hurt South Carolina.

So aTm is actually in a position with great power, if only temporarily. If aTm goes with the Texas-bloc schools into the Pac, then there will be no SEC expansion imho. Otherwise, the SEC will take aTm and at least one other school, and that will create a ripple effect in, at a minimum, the Big East, and quite possibly, in the ACC and MWC as well.

Btw, if aTm doesn't join the Pac, I would expect them to invite Utah. Kansas is also a possibility, although the Kansas legislature may insist on Kansas and K-State being a package deal.
War Wagon wrote:The first time I click on one of your youtube links will be the first time.
War Wagon
2010 CFB Pickem Champ

Post by War Wagon »

Terry in Crapchester wrote:On the original topic of this thread....

I suppose Missouri is a possibility, now that they've apparently been spurned by the Big Ten, but who knows?
That's looking more and more like a best case scenario for Mizzou and also makes sense geographically. And afterall, Missouri was part of the Confederacy.... our Ozark hillbillies can certainly out redneck anything the SEC has to offer.

So where do I sign up for my SECBSHership?
mvscal
Blank

Post by mvscal »

War Wagon wrote:And afterall, Missouri was part of the Confederacy....
No, it wasn't. Just shut the fuck up moron.
Screw_Michigan wrote: Fri Apr 05, 2019 4:39 pmUnlike you tards, I actually have functioning tastebuds and a refined pallet.
War Wagon
2010 CFB Pickem Champ

Post by War Wagon »

Missouri was a slave state, assboil.

Take your moronic Texas sized ego and go fuck yourself with it.

Btw, nice job getting skullfucked by TCU today. Guess your boys won't be going to Omaha unless they buy a ticket.

How the fuck does that taste, getting waxed by a non BCS school?

Cunt.
BSmack
2005 and 2010 JFFL Champion

Post by BSmack »

War Wagon wrote:Missouri was a slave state, assboil.

Take your moronic Texas sized ego and go fuck yourself with it.

Btw, nice job getting skullfucked by TCU today. Guess your boys won't be going to Omaha unless they buy a ticket.

How the fuck does that taste, getting waxed by a non BCS school?

Cunt.

I hate to say it, but the T-snip fan is correct. Missouri never joined the Confederacy. Not that there weren't plenty of inbred fucksticks who TRIED to get them to join. But when Lincoln placed the whole state under martial law, that kind of ended the secession talk.
"Once upon a time, dinosaurs didn't have families. They lived in the woods and ate their children. It was a golden age."

—Earl Sinclair

"I do have respect for authority even though I throw jelly dicks at them.

- Antonio Brown
Carson
2012 CFB Pickem Champ

Post by Carson »

War Wagon wrote:our Ozark hillbillies can certainly out redneck anything the SEC has to offer.
Are there any Wal Marts in the Ozarks?
Carson
2012 CFB Pickem Champ

Post by Carson »

ALL other BTPCFB programs are mid-pack to The Meatgrinder. :mrgreen:
Terry in Crapchester
2012 March Madness Champ

Post by Terry in Crapchester »

Sudden Sam wrote:Why the f**k would the SEC want Texas A&M to join? This is killing me. We're gonna pick up 2 or 4 more mediocre teams. What's the point? I know Gene Stallings wants the Aggies in the SEC, but come on!

The league doesn't need A&M, Miami, North Carolina, or Clemson either. If they absolutely feel compelled to add teams, look at Georgia Tech or Florida State. And drop Arkansas and South Carolina for all I care.

Disclaimer: This post is not intended to offend IndyFrisco, who I consider to be a reasonable, intelligent, and overall good guy. I realize A&M has produced a few decent football teams over the years. But the conference doesn't need to add more mid-pack programs.
Sam, the latest rumor I'm hearing is that the remaining Big XII teams will stay together, but there will essentially be an Arkansas for aTm swap with the Meatgrinder. Fwiw. If that turns out to be the case, it shouldn't offend you too badly. :wink:
War Wagon wrote:The first time I click on one of your youtube links will be the first time.
ucantdoitdoggieSTyle2
Eternal Scobode

Post by ucantdoitdoggieSTyle2 »

:?

They remained neutral but were rather Union leaning over the course of the war (supplied almost 3 X as many troops to the North as opposed to the South.)
mvscal
Blank

Post by mvscal »

War Wagon wrote:Missouri was a slave state, assboil.
So was Kentucky, Maryland and Delaware and they didn't leave the Union either, you sub-moronic fucktard.
Screw_Michigan wrote: Fri Apr 05, 2019 4:39 pmUnlike you tards, I actually have functioning tastebuds and a refined pallet.
Van
2012 CFB Bowl Pick Champ

Post by Van »

Sub-moronic?

:lol:
Joe Satriani is a mime, right? - 88

Show me your dicks. - trev
War Wagon
2010 CFB Pickem Champ

Post by War Wagon »

Carson wrote:
War Wagon wrote:our Ozark hillbillies can certainly out redneck anything the SEC has to offer.
Are there any Wal Marts in the Ozarks?
Are you kidding?

Walmart was founded in the Ozarks, albeit in Arkansas.
Go Coogs'
Eternal Scobode

Post by Go Coogs' »

Now that aTm is out of the picture, the SEC kind of showed their hand. They coveted UT and aTm for the TV market of Houston and it's surrounding areas. Would they settle for UofH? Who knows? I know LSU would be a cheerleader for this as thousands of displaced Louisiana natives still live in the Houston area.

The SEC will do fine with or without Houston being added to the SEC, but they wouldn't say no to more money if it meant grabbing the 10th largest TV market and the attention of big time recruits out of Houston.

New A.D. Mark Rhoades is already making some bold moves with a $160 million proposal for a new stadium and facelift on Hoffeinz Pavillion. The proposed stadium would seat 40,000 and would be set up in a way to expand to 50,000 within a couple of years. If I'm Houston, I start talking ith the SEC on a regular basis and see who else they want to add to the east division.
88 wrote:Go Coogs' (Regular Season Total Points Champ)
Goober McTuber

Post by Goober McTuber »

You're dreaming. Seriously.
schmick, speaking about Larry Nassar's pubescent and prepubescent victims wrote: They couldn't even kick that doctors ass

Go Coogs'
Eternal Scobode

Post by Go Coogs' »

Goober McTuber wrote:You're dreaming. Seriously.
Not really.

Perception is reality and the SEC wanted aTm for the TV markets and recruits. Houston has both of those sans the tradition and giant fucking stadium.
Truman
Eternal Scobode

Post by Truman »

Heard a rumble yesterday that a group of Texas law makers were looking to petition the XII for the inclusion of Houston. Stay tuned....
King Crimson
Eternal Scobode

Post by King Crimson »

as far as recent events and the SEC, it's largely accepted as fact in OKC that OU had an SEC offer and would not leave without OSU (who the SEC did not want). article in the OKC paper about it this AM.
""On a lonely planet spinning its way toward damnation amid the fear and despair of a broken human race, who is left to fight for all that is good and pure and gets you smashed for under a fiver? Yes, it's the surprising adventures of me, Sir Digby Chicken-Caesar!"
"
Goober McTuber

Post by Goober McTuber »

Go Coogs' wrote:
Goober McTuber wrote:You're dreaming. Seriously.
Houston has both of those sans the tradition and giant fucking stadium.
Re-read this and understand why you can take your postion next to Memphis and UAB waiting for SEC invites. Not going to happen.

Truman
Eternal Scobode

Post by Truman »

mvscal wrote:
No, it wasn't. Just shut the fuck up moron.
Fucking tedious. Guess Wm. Quantrill and the boys musta missed that memo.

As more states joined the Confederacy, more stars were added to the flag. Eventually the Stars and Bars had a total of 13 stars. The thirteen states represented were: South Carolina, Mississippi, Florida, Alabama, Georgia, Louisiana, Texas, Virginia, Arkansas, North Carolina, Tennessee, Missouri, and Kentucky. Note that Missouri and Kentucky never officially seceded, but were slave states, and did have some confederate state governments, although they were in exile for the most part.

http://www.sonofthesouth.net/leefoundat ... e_Flag.htm
Goober McTuber

Post by Goober McTuber »

Truman wrote:Wm. Quantrill
America's first terrorist.

Truman
Eternal Scobode

Post by Truman »

...Just be glad his compass broke on the way to Madison.
Go Coogs'
Eternal Scobode

Post by Go Coogs' »

Goober McTuber wrote:Re-read this and understand why you can take your postion next to Memphis and UAB waiting for SEC invites. Not going to happen.
Not the same at all. The city of Houston and it's surrounding area is 5+ million people including a shitload of blue chip prospects. Houston's student body is more than Memphis and UAB combined. Don't get me wrong, Texas and aTm own a chunk of Houston's market, but there is plenty to go around in Houston unlike Birmingham and Memphis.

Trust me, it's different.
Goober McTuber

Post by Goober McTuber »

Yes, but it's not a big-time program in any regard. Not gonna happen.