Way to go Bettman

Post by MuchoBulls »

2011 Winter Classic in Pittsburgh. Pens-Caps. :meds:
Dreams......Temporary Madness
Shoalzie
WingNut

Re: Way to go Bettman

Post by Shoalzie »

I'm good with that matchup and venue...I'd just like to see more Western teams involved.
MuchoBulls
Tremendous Slouch

Post by MuchoBulls »

I'm not good with it, mainly because Pittsburgh has already played in one, even if it was on the road. I also agree about the lack of Western teams.

I wonder if Minnesota could have the Wild play in the Gopher's new football stadium.
Shoalzie
WingNut

Post by Shoalzie »

I think Minnesota would be a good choice to host a Western Conference matchup although the Wild don't move the needle. They can't really do an outdoor game in a warm environment. It leaves them with very few options outside of the Eastern time zone. They do need to go with a New York game at some point...at either new Giants Stadium or new Yankee Stadium...Rangers vs. Devils (while Brodeur is still playing).

They also announced a Calgary-Montreal outdoor game in February as well. It would be Montreal's second time outside...they were in the Heritage Classic with Edmonton.
Screw_Michigan
Angry Snowflake

Post by Screw_Michigan »

Shoalzie wrote:I'm good with that matchup and venue...I'd just like to see more Western teams involved.
No fucking way. Why the fuck is Pitt involved for the second time in four years? Fuck the Pens and fuck Bettman.
kcdave wrote: Sat Sep 09, 2023 8:05 am
I was actually going to to join in the best bets activity here at good ole T1B...The guy that runs that contest is a fucking prick
Derron wrote: Sat Oct 03, 2020 3:07 pm
You are truly one of the worst pieces of shit to ever post on this board. Start giving up your paycheck for reparations now and then you can shut the fuck up about your racist blasts.
Screw_Michigan
Angry Snowflake

Post by Screw_Michigan »

This is the NHL's equivalent of NY getting the 04 Super Bowl. They got their arena built, they're getting the extra dollar bonus.
I was actually going to to join in the best bets activity here at good ole T1B...The guy that runs that contest is a fucking prick
You are truly one of the worst pieces of shit to ever post on this board. Start giving up your paycheck for reparations now and then you can shut the fuck up about your racist blasts.
Shoalzie
WingNut

Post by Shoalzie »

Screw_Michigan wrote:This is the NHL's equivalent of NY getting the 04 Super Bowl. They got their arena built, they're getting the extra dollar bonus.

Don't over think this...it's about 87 and 8.
Screw_Michigan
Angry Snowflake

Post by Screw_Michigan »

Well at least they are playing it at a football stadium this time around. Anyone know how they got that worked out?
Shoalzie
WingNut

Post by Shoalzie »

I know they tried to get a game in the old Yankee Stadium before that closed but they settled for Fenway. I think they go the football stadium for the foreseeable future.
MuchoBulls
Tremendous Slouch

Post by MuchoBulls »

Shoalzie wrote:They do need to go with a New York game at some point...at either new Giants Stadium or new Yankee Stadium...Rangers vs. Devils (while Brodeur is still playing).
No can do at either stadium. You'd have to ask the NFL to have both the Jets and Giants play on the road for 2 weekends while they construct the rink and get the ice ready. Yankee Stadium would be out since the Pinstripe Bowl is being played there on December 30.

Now if Bettman had a freaking brain cell and wanted the game in NY he could use a bit of imagination and head up the Hudson and play in Michie Stadium. They've already played 2 games in smaller venues and the setting there would be perfect.