14-0...and counting

Fuck Jim Delany

Moderators: 88BuckeyeGrad, Left Seater, buckeye_in_sc

TheJON
Iowa State Grad

Re: 14-0...and counting

Post by TheJON »

since you've gone all jon and have to use nebraska to illustrate every single point you have to make, i'll assume it's the nebraska-ish education that caused you to miss this:
<plays dumb> but i don't use Nebraska to illustrate every point I have to make <plays dumb>

By the way.......

Have I mentioned Iowa has finished in the Top 10 nationally 4 times in the last 8 years...........3 more than Michigan?
M Club
el capitán

Post by M Club »

it's part of our big ten empathy tour. now i know what it feels like to be an iowa fan.
M Club
el capitán

Post by M Club »

and an indiana fan.
War Wagon
2010 CFB Pickem Champ

Post by War Wagon »

Sudden Sam wrote:I give up.
Where have I heard this before... and how come I keep hearing it?

Weren't u saying this the past 5 Novembers or so?

See you next November.

Rack M-Club, btw... he's like my worst nightmare of what it'd be like to have both R-Jack and ucant dogging my every step.

Ridiculously scary.... it's best to avoid this M-Club fella'.
R-Jack
Non Sequitur Legend

Post by R-Jack »

MuchoBulls wrote:
Terry in Crapchester wrote:Fwiw, I've heard that Boise has an open invitation to every BCS team in the country that they will play a one-off on the road. It would seem that they would get a better OOC schedule than they get. Maybe some of those teams don't want any part of them.
A nice publicity stunt.
Yeah, RACK it.

sin,

MgoBlue-LightSpecial
Eternal Scobode

Post by MgoBlue-LightSpecial »

Prove it.
M Club
el capitán

Post by M Club »

Sudden Sam wrote:Jesus Christ! This is so simple.
if it's so simple then
MgoBlue-LightSpecial wrote:Prove it.

I can't believe the responses I've been getting.
the responses you've been getting include a lot of conjecture, albeit less than those your statements require. let's see, you:

boise state would be the suck IF they played in a bcs conference.

us:

boise state has won a lot of games, including those against bcs games.

like i already said, you're reduced to using games they've won as proof they'd lose hypothetical games in the future.
TheJON
Iowa State Grad

Post by TheJON »

m club, need you to settle a little argument here.........

so i'm arguing with this dumbass about michigan football at the water cooler earlier. shit, i don't remember how it even got started, neither of us are michigan fans....

so i say that if DickRod wins 7 next year he'll be back in 2011 for sure. 6 wins and it's 50/50. anything less and he's probably gone. he says that he needs a minimum of 8 wins or he will definitely be canned.

so who is right? water cooler tard or TheJON? gotta be me, right? who the fuck this guy think he's arguing with? maybe i should showed him my locks of the week record.
WolverineSteve
2012 CFB Bowl Jeopardy Champ

Post by WolverineSteve »

Allow me to answer.....

RR needs to win 7+, win a bowl game (especially since it will be a shit one), and have no more blemishes on the program. The word is, now that Bill Martin will give way to the new AD, the name on top of any prospective coaching list is Jim Harbaugh. Brandon (the new ad) is a Bo disciple and does not fancy the RR "system". Without a breakthrough season RR will be gone. There was some bad blood between Martin and Harbaugh and his departure opens the doors for a return to AA. Harbaugh reportedly turned down a ND interview as well as two NFL interviews. Hell, 8 wins and a bowl loss may not be enough.
"Gentlemen, it is better to have died as a small boy than to fumble this football."
-John Heisman

"Any street urchin can shout applause in victory, but it takes character to stand fast in defeat. One is noise --- the other, loyalty." Fielding Yost

Go Blue!
M Club
el capitán

Post by M Club »

TheJON wrote: so who is right? water cooler tard or TheJON? gotta be me, right? who the fuck this guy think he's arguing with? maybe i should showed him my locks of the week record.
fuck if i know. i'm just like anyone else with an opinion. the guy who'll make that decision hasn't publicly laid out the criteria for dickrod to keep his job, so just pointless conjecture on my part. (i used to have a friend pretty high up in the ad, but he's since moved onto another school, so my days of pretend inside info are long past.)

that said, the 8-16 AT MICHIGAN, OMG isn't fully indicative of the job he's doing. he did come into a pretty shite situation personnel-wise, so it's not like the record is entirely his doing. but he's had a couple years now so that, really, anything less than seven wins probably means he's in over his head and should be let go.

as far as brandon not buying into dickrod's system, meh. i'd think he prefers to win regardless of who the coach is, so i doubt he's going withhold his support from dickrod. michigan still has a lot of brand to live off of, but not enough to get away with sabotaging a season in order to affect regime change. plus, brandon's publicly said he has an issue with the factions that have formed within the AD, which seems to me a vote of confidence in dickrod considering it's not those in his corner who are making so much noise. besides, who'd actually stake their legacy as AD on the lloyd carr mafia? i'd rather have dickrod going 5-7 while recruiting devin gardner than ron english going 6-6 from here till eternity.
Terry in Crapchester
2012 March Madness Champ

Post by Terry in Crapchester »

Sudden Sam wrote:Boise has trouble with some of the pissant schools in their conference.
Sam, Sam, Sam . . . Boise's conference schedule from last season, with results . . .

Fri, Sep 18 at Fresno State W 51-34
Sat, Oct 24 at Hawaii W 54-9
Sat, Oct 31 San Jose State W 45-7
Fri, Nov 6 at Louisiana Tech W 45-35
Sat, Nov 14 Idaho W 63-25
Fri, Nov 20 at Utah State W 52-21
Fri, Nov 27 Nevada W 44-33
Sat, Dec 5 New Mexico State W 42-7

The closest game in the conference schedule was a 10-point win. I wouldn't say they had trouble with any member of their conference last year.
War Wagon wrote:The first time I click on one of your youtube links will be the first time.
Goober McTuber
World Renowned Last Word Whore

Post by Goober McTuber »

Rack Terry for mucking things up with a bunch of facts.
Joe in PB wrote: Yeah I'm the dumbass
schmick, speaking about Larry Nassar's pubescent and prepubescent victims wrote: They couldn't even kick that doctors ass

Seems they rather just lay there, get fucked and play victim
SunCoastSooner
Reported Bible Thumper

Post by SunCoastSooner »

Sudden Sam wrote:
Terry in Crapchester wrote:
Sudden Sam wrote:Boise has trouble with some of the pissant schools in their conference.
Fri, Sep 18 at Fresno State W 51-34

Fri, Nov 6 at Louisiana Tech W 45-35

Fri, Nov 27 Nevada W 44-33
Shitty teams. Not good wins. No defense at all.

If you watched the LaTech game, you'd know just how bad BSU was.
:meds: :lol: Have you gone and looked up how many shit teams like Ball State and Louisville that the SEC teams gave up 4 TDS+ against last season? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
BSmack wrote:I can certainly infer from that blurb alone that you are self righteous, bible believing, likely a Baptist or Presbyterian...
Miryam wrote:but other than that, it's cool, man. you're a christer.
LTS TRN 2 wrote:Okay, Sunny, yer cards are on table as a flat-out Christer.
Mace
Eternal Scobode

Post by Mace »

No reasonable person can argue that BSU has the same level of talent as schools in BCS conferences...at least not the ones that are consistent winners. There may not be any way to prove how they would compete in a BCS conference but you can look at the number of former BSU players in the NFL as compared to other schools and see that there are only a sprinkling of BSU guys with the talent to make an NFL roster.
M Club
el capitán

Post by M Club »

Sudden Sam wrote:
I'm tired of repeating my point ad nauseam.
if it were so convincing you wouldn't have to repeat yourself.

i find it rather humorous no one takes the bcs seriously, yet mention bsu getting a chance to play for the title and you freak the fuck out.
H4ever
Eternal Scobode

Post by H4ever »

M Club wrote:
Sudden Sam wrote:
I'm tired of repeating my point ad nauseam.
if it were so convincing you wouldn't have to repeat yourself.

i find it rather humorous no one takes the bcs seriously, yet mention bsu getting a chance to play for the title and you freak the fuck out.
I find it incredulous the way you maintain how BSU could hang in a BCS conference the same way they excel in a shit conference that means as much to BTPCFB as the musical significance of the Indian from the VILLAGE PEOPLE.

M Club will now break out the spelling, grammer, and 'neck smack he's been slinging since 1999. Or he might mention how he already conceded how Boise would lose a couple games in a BCS conference. <--- There's the real humor....considering how he believes they DO deserve a spot in the title game should they run the table again in the shit conference even though they would lose at least 2 games in the Big 12/10/SEC.

I expect nothing less from a Bitchigan fan whose team has a duck and dodge championship. The real kicker is how Bitchigan is tied in with 1984 BYU's faux title.
M Club
el capitán

Post by M Club »

really, i break out the spelling/grammar smack? prove it, you unemployed truck driver.

the neck thing, though, is self-evident. you write retarded things on a message board and people will make fun of the telephone pole you call a family tree.

the question that started this thread, welfare queen, is whether boise state can make the bcs title game if we're to take for granted an undefeated season. their hypothetical performance in a bcs conference is irrelevant to that question. a rather easy line of thought to follow.

i can tell you as much about how boise state would do in the big xii as i can tell you how iowa's going to do this year in the big ten. i've never maintained otherwise. in fact, the only things i've really said in this thread are [1] the bcs is a farce so BFD if a mid-major on a 30-game winning streak is allowed to play for the mnc and [2] your analysis isn't very credible if your best argument is that their wins don't count.

you're just pissed because no one save a 70-year-old latent racist will passively assume you're right. and because you're gay.
M Club
el capitán

Post by M Club »

sorry, you're from the south and really old. syllogism.
Screw_Michigan
Angry Snowflake

Post by Screw_Michigan »

Sudden Sam wrote:I'm about as racist as the Kardashian girls.
kcdave wrote: Sat Sep 09, 2023 8:05 am
I was actually going to to join in the best bets activity here at good ole T1B...The guy that runs that contest is a fucking prick
Derron wrote: Sat Oct 03, 2020 3:07 pm
You are truly one of the worst pieces of shit to ever post on this board. Start giving up your paycheck for reparations now and then you can shut the fuck up about your racist blasts.
H4ever
Eternal Scobode

Post by H4ever »

M Club wrote:really, i break out the same-o, same-o...

... you unemployed truck driver.

... you write retarded things

... the telephone pole you call a family tree.

... welfare queen

... because you're gay.

^^^^ that's some ground breaking shit right there, champ. I think you're ready for the playground. Just don't crack your head on the monkey bars.

I edited out the " bla bla.....Boise has won lots of games and stuff.....bla bla...they have da Denver broncos colors which are cool...bla bla bla... Wopner's on at four, yeah....bla bla....I like pop rocks....bla bla"
M Club
el capitán

Post by M Club »

Sudden Sam wrote: I'm about as racist as the Kardashian girls.
a roundabout way to say you're stanley pikkle?
M Club
el capitán

Post by M Club »

H4ever wrote: I edited out the " bla bla.....Boise has won lots of games and stuff.....bla bla...they have da Denver broncos colors which are cool...bla bla bla... Wopner's on at four, yeah....bla bla....I like pop rocks....bla bla"
basically, you have no counter-argument. that was already clear. anything else?
H4ever
Eternal Scobode

Post by H4ever »

M Club wrote:
H4ever wrote: I edited out the " bla bla.....Boise has won lots of games and stuff.....bla bla...they have da Denver broncos colors which are cool...bla bla bla... Wopner's on at four, yeah....bla bla....I like pop rocks....bla bla"
basically, you have no counter-argument. that was already clear. anything else?
I think those on my side of the fence in this have argued explicitely our position. Those on your side have done as much in a redundant, rehash kind of way.

To argue further with you, attempting to show you the error of your thinking....I would equate with handing a chimp a calculator and then telling him 157 times how to operate it. Futile.

Agree to disagree, or so they say.

P.S. Boise's field would blend well with Michigan's home unis. Therefore you suck even more!!!!! 8)
M Club
el capitán

Post by M Club »

H4ever wrote: I think those on my side of the fence in this have argued explicitely our position. Those on your side have done as much in a redundant, rehash kind of way.
i hate to point out the obvious, but
boise sucks because they play in the wac x 100
is a bit more redundant than this:
the question that started this thread, welfare queen, is whether boise state can make the bcs title game if we're to take for granted an undefeated season. their hypothetical performance in a bcs conference is irrelevant to that question. a rather easy line of thought to follow.
you don't even know what the argument's about.

otherwise, if we're going to speculate whether boise could survive any sort of meatgrinder, my vote now is yes:
BOISE, Idaho (AP)—A Boise State football player suspended from the team earlier this month has been arrested and charged with felony aggravated battery.
BTPCF!
Screw_Michigan
Angry Snowflake

Post by Screw_Michigan »

Indiana? You quite possibly may be the dumbest motherfucker in the history of the interwebs. When we think you possibly can't get any dumber, you go ahead and lower the bar for the rest of the paint-huffing tards populating this board. Christ almighty.
I was actually going to to join in the best bets activity here at good ole T1B...The guy that runs that contest is a fucking prick
You are truly one of the worst pieces of shit to ever post on this board. Start giving up your paycheck for reparations now and then you can shut the fuck up about your racist blasts.
Killian
Good crossing pattern target

Post by Killian »

Sudden Sam wrote: Can the Broncos get there? Yes. Is it right that they should even be considered? Hell no.

I'd love for them to be matched up with Alabama or Florida. You think the Florida beatdown of Cincy was ugly? Or the way Florida and LSU handled the Big Ten teams*? That was nothing compared to what they'd do to Boise.

*Note: out of respect for the Buckeye posters in here, I didn't want to single out tOSU. :D
You might want to go ahead and just single out the Buckeye fans. What happened the last time Florida played a Big 10 team?

Also, it could turn out to be the 2010 Sugar Bowl just as easily as it could the 2009 Sugar Bowl.
"Well, my wife assassinated my sexual identity, and my children are eating my dreams." -Louis CK
M Club
el capitán

Post by M Club »

those teams wouldn't go through a wac schedule undefeated, or do we have to pull their ooc histories out for you?

in addition to running through their weak conference, boise also has to beat wyoming, oregon state, and vatech for this discussion to have actual relevance. if they finish the season undefeated some of us would have no issue, for whatever reason, with them playing for the mnc (and would most likely place our bets on whichever sec team is there this year). you obviously would have an issue with that scenario. fine, difference of opinion, but really, now you're just stretching to make a feeble defense of your point.
MgoBlue-LightSpecial
Eternal Scobode

Post by MgoBlue-LightSpecial »

Sudden Sam wrote:Any of those colleges I mentioned could go undefeated thru BSU's conference schedule. Who the fuck on their schedule could beat Indiana or Vandy?!
What about all those other schools you mentioned would do the same thing, and I pointed out how they were a combined 0-3 vs the WAC over the last 2 years? :lol:

Funny they've been eliminated from the list.
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

Sudden Sam wrote:Why would any good school be afraid of them?
Fuck off.
I got 99 problems but the 'vid ain't one
FLW Buckeye
2014 T1B FBBL Champ

Post by FLW Buckeye »

Dinsdale wrote:
Sudden Sam wrote:Why would any good school be afraid of them?
Fuck off.
:lol:

Aww c'mon, at least Oregon won the fight after the game...
SunCoastSooner
Reported Bible Thumper

Post by SunCoastSooner »

Sudden Sam wrote: Why would any good school be afraid of them? (other than maybe Oklahoma :D )

More afraid of them than Bama based on our records against the two... :hfal:
BSmack wrote:I can certainly infer from that blurb alone that you are self righteous, bible believing, likely a Baptist or Presbyterian...
M Club
el capitán

Post by M Club »

Sudden Sam wrote: Yeah, if they played BSU's conference schedule they'd be ranked in the top ten at year's end. Especially if they played a typical SEC OOC schedule. What's your point?
imagine, yet more qualifications. :meds: if they played a typical ooc schedule. sorry, they play road games. not only that, a single loss, no matter to whom, will knock them out of the top 15. all those teams you listed would probably drop two or three games in the wac.
Van
2012 CFB Bowl Pick Champ

Post by Van »

That's 'cause fifteen teams didn't play Florida's schedule.

:lol:
Joe Satriani is a mime, right? - 88

Show me your dicks. - trev
M Club
el capitán

Post by M Club »

Sudden Sam wrote:I don't recall 15 teams with no losses in the final poll.
eh, i meant the boise states of the world.
SunCoastSooner
Reported Bible Thumper

Post by SunCoastSooner »

Sudden Sam wrote:
SunCoastSooner wrote:
Sudden Sam wrote: Why would any good school be afraid of them? (other than maybe Oklahoma :D )
More afraid of them than Bama based on our records against the two... :hfal:
Got me there!

I was at the Mike Shula-coached (that's our excuse) game in Tuscaloosa when the Tide came soooo close to beating the Sooners. Damn fake punt killed us. Weren't y'all ranked #1 at that time? Anyway...great game. Just like the one in Norman.
The game between Oklahoma and Boise State was a good game as well... they actually won... on a neutral field.

And no Oklahoma was #3 in the country when we played Bama... did make it to the title game though.
SunCoastSooner
Reported Bible Thumper

Post by SunCoastSooner »

Sudden Sam wrote:
SunCoastSooner wrote: The game between Oklahoma and Boise State was a good game as well... they actually won... on a neutral field.
Well Boise was/is a stud-laden powerhouse. Everyone knows that.
With the exception of the Alzheimer southern crowd...
King Crimson
Eternal Scobode

Post by King Crimson »

Sudden Sam wrote:
SunCoastSooner wrote: The game between Oklahoma and Boise State was a good game as well... they actually won... on a neutral field.
Well Utah was/is a stud-laden powerhouse. Everyone knows that.
just way too easy. you know, that OU team was ranked between 15 and 20 most of the year. hardly a juggernaut. if Francione goes for it with Toombs at Kyle, Pinkel can stop the run even a little, and UT doesn't choke....someone else wins the Big XII.
""On a lonely planet spinning its way toward damnation amid the fear and despair of a broken human race, who is left to fight for all that is good and pure and gets you smashed for under a fiver? Yes, it's the surprising adventures of me, Sir Digby Chicken-Caesar!"
"
SunCoastSooner
Reported Bible Thumper

Post by SunCoastSooner »

Sudden Sam wrote:
SunCoastSooner wrote:
Sudden Sam wrote: Well Boise was/is a stud-laden powerhouse. Everyone knows that.
My memory is bad, but...

September 3, 2005
Georgia 48, Boise State 13

It was supposed to be one of the most intriguing match-ups of the opening weekend of college football--two top 20 programs, squaring off. Boise State had a lot of momentum and buzz based on their bowl game showing last year and were heaviliy talked about for their wide-open offense. Meanwhile, Georgia had questions on both sides of the ball as to how to replace the senior leadership lost last year.

yawn
Yeah more than valid point because those power conference SEC teams never get beat by teams that aren't the likes of other BCS schools like Northern Illinois, Louisiana-Monroe, or South Floriuda.

Sin,
Alabama and Auburn.
King Crimson
Eternal Scobode

Post by King Crimson »

Sudden Sam wrote:
SunCoastSooner wrote:
Sudden Sam wrote: Well Boise was/is a stud-laden powerhouse. Everyone knows that.
My memory is bad, but...

September 3, 2005

It was supposed to be one of the most intriguing match-ups of the opening weekend of college football--two top 20 programs, squaring off. Boise State had a lot of momentum and buzz based on their bowl game showing last year and were heaviliy talked about for their wide-open offense. Meanwhile, Georgia had questions on both sides of the ball as to how to replace the senior leadership lost last year.

yawn
what does this even mean? different season altogether and (AND) Dan Hawkins coached that Boise team. surely you aren't calling this SEC team>Boise>OU?

UGA got beat at Ok State last year. I guess that means something really important in the Cosmic Conference Scheme, too. :meds:

you won the MNC and you sound like Auburn fan or Kentucky player hollering "SEC" into a post-game mic after beating ECU. sad, weird.
""On a lonely planet spinning its way toward damnation amid the fear and despair of a broken human race, who is left to fight for all that is good and pure and gets you smashed for under a fiver? Yes, it's the surprising adventures of me, Sir Digby Chicken-Caesar!"
"
Screw_Michigan
Angry Snowflake

Post by Screw_Michigan »

Sudden Sam wrote:
SunCoastSooner wrote:
My memory is bad, but...

September 3, 2005

yawn
Why the fuck do you care about some fucking game five fucking years ago? It's totally irrelevant. You are in serious need of mental help. I hope you get it.