Predict Pujols excuse

Knock the cover off

Moderator: Cueball

TheJON
Iowa State Grad

Predict Pujols excuse

Post by TheJON »

So since everyone that's gotten busted for PED's has come up with some lame ass excuse as to why they tested positive, but never fessed up to the truth, I thought I would give everyone a shot to predict what Albert's excuse will be once he gets caught (it's only a matter of time).

Save your "you're an idiot if you think Pujols is roided" garbage. That's just plain rubbish. He's roided, we all know this. Don't be stupid.

I will call my shot..............

He was just using some "anti-aging cream"
R-Jack
Non Sequitur Legend

Re: Predict Pujols excuse

Post by R-Jack »

TheJON wrote:Save your "you're an idiot if you think Pujols is roided" garbage.
I always viewed Pujols as one of those "No reason to think that he is, but no one should be shocked if he is" guys.
He's roided, we all know this. Don't be stupid.
And we all know this because...............
TheJON
Iowa State Grad

Post by TheJON »

There is a 1 in a million chance he isn't.

Let's see.....

-35th round draft pick turned greatest hitter of all-time arguably.
-in 2001 he was rated only the 42nd best prospect in baseball, yet had one of the best rookie seasons ever at an age where NOBODY had ever matched those numbers.
-he put on a lot of muscle weight between his 2000 and 2001 seasons (I have seen his minor league photo and rookie photos as proof), and has gradually gotten bigger ever since.
-his trainer is Jason Grimsley's trainer.
-outside of Griffey, every other hitter that's put up numbers even close to what he's doing (while not playing in Coor's Field) have been outed. But Junior was also the biggest hitting prospect ever coming out of HS.
-he plays for LaRussa and now also McGwire. Let's face it, Tony has been turning his back to steroid use many times and allowed that stuff into his clubhouse.
-virtually nobody in the history of baseball have consistently put up numbers like this, especially at the ages he has done it at. And, this guy was a 35th round draft pick?
-barry bonds defends him
-etc

Just based on those facts, what do you think the odds that he isn't juiced? When everyone else has been busted, how likely is it that the guy that's the least likely to be putting up numbers legitimately (35th round pick) is the only one not roided? Part of why I'm certain he's juiced has to do with being guilty by association, part has to do with the odds of a prospect like him ending up having the success he's had, and part has to do with him consistently getting bigger and stronger each year. Put that all together and I just don't see how anyone could believe this guy is legit. Give me an argument against him being roided other than he hasn't been caught and he's a religious dude? In fact, the religion thing works against him. Religious people are typically full of shit.
ucantdoitdoggieSTyle2
Eternal Scobode

Post by ucantdoitdoggieSTyle2 »

TheJON wrote:The Royals suck and haven't won shit in 25 years. We'll be eliminated from contention by May 1st you'll have to follow me on Facebook if you want updates on my pathetic existence after this date.

BODE = 314.
indyfrisco
Pro Bonfire

Post by indyfrisco »

Nice transformation:

Goober McTuber wrote:One last post...
TheJON
Iowa State Grad

Post by TheJON »

That's his 2000 minor league photo. He looks like a middle infielder. First time I saw it I thought it was Rey Sanchez.
Adelpiero
Eternal Scobode

Post by Adelpiero »

TheJON wrote:That's his 2000 minor league photo. He looks like a middle infielder. First time I saw it I thought it was Rey Sanchez.
Not even close. He was big guy in HS and in College.

He hit a homer while playing at CC, that was 550+. He had major power at the CC level, my guess, people didnt believe he was the age he says he is, or they thought he had flaws in his swing. Whitey Herzog was touting him to Cards and basically begged and pleaded with them to draft him.

All i know, is the guy hits the cages every afternoon, during batting practice, and after the game to work on his swing. No one works harder on his batting than Albert. Not even close, it's a 365 day job for him. Video and the cage, repeat every gameday and offday.
TheJON
Iowa State Grad

Post by TheJON »

Adelpiero wrote:
TheJON wrote:That's his 2000 minor league photo. He looks like a middle infielder. First time I saw it I thought it was Rey Sanchez.
Not even close. He was big guy in HS and in College.

He hit a homer while playing at CC, that was 550+. He had major power at the CC level, my guess, people didnt believe he was the age he says he is, or they thought he had flaws in his swing. Whitey Herzog was touting him to Cards and basically begged and pleaded with them to draft him.

All i know, is the guy hits the cages every afternoon, during batting practice, and after the game to work on his swing. No one works harder on his batting than Albert. Not even close, it's a 365 day job for him. Video and the cage, repeat every gameday and offday.
Dude, look at that photo Frisco posted. That's his 2000 minor league card. That's not photoshopped or altered in any way. He was not big until 2001, and has gradually gotten bigger (see Frisco's 2nd photo).

You're right about the age thing. I have heard stories about media members in Kansas City not believing his age when he was playing JUCO ball there. Who knows if he really is the age he says he is. All I know is he is about 6 months older than me allegedly, and I don't know anyone else my age that looks THAT old.

As for the working extra hard stuff........that's absolutely true. Albert works incredibly hard and nobody can dispute that. But this is exactly what everyone says about the majority of the PROVEN roiders that have been caught. Has anyone ever worked harder at hitting than Barry Bonds? If you don't work hard, why take steroids? Steroids alone aren't going to make you great. You still have to outwork everyone. They just help you become even better at hitting. And not only that, it's safe to assume someone that's willing to risk taking steroids wants to become great(er). So most athletes that roid up were already hard workers that want an extra "kick".

It's just very hard to believe he's legit. I was naive in thinking A-Rod was clean. I always knew McGwire was. I remember debates I had with Cardinal fans at school back in the day. He was an obvious one and, to me, there are a lot of similarities in these 2. A-Rod, I thought he was clean and since he got caught I'm not falling for it again with these star baseball players. There's just way too much circumstantial evidence to lead me to believe he's on the juice. The odds that he's actually legit are very slim.
Killian
Good crossing pattern target

Post by Killian »

Adelpiero wrote:All i know, is the guy hits the cages every afternoon, during batting practice, and after the game to work on his swing. No one works harder on his batting than Albert. Not even close, it's a 365 day job for him. Video and the cage, repeat every gameday and offday.
ManRam does the same thing, yet he got popped for juice.

Steroids are on the way down, but other cheater drugs are on the way up. My best friend is a S&C coach for an MLB team. It's fucking everywhere.
"Well, my wife assassinated my sexual identity, and my children are eating my dreams." -Louis CK
Adelpiero
Eternal Scobode

Post by Adelpiero »

Killian wrote:
Adelpiero wrote:All i know, is the guy hits the cages every afternoon, during batting practice, and after the game to work on his swing. No one works harder on his batting than Albert. Not even close, it's a 365 day job for him. Video and the cage, repeat every gameday and offday.
ManRam does the same thing, yet he got popped for juice.

Steroids are on the way down, but other cheater drugs are on the way up. My best friend is a S&C coach for an MLB team. It's fucking everywhere.
manram didnt spend 365 on his hitting. once the game was over, he was gone from the stadium.

not once, did i say a thing about Pujols not being on HGH. What i said, was that he was big in HS and in College. i seen the guy in college. He wasnt as defined as he is now, but he was big, and hit the fuck out of the ball.

and Manram couldnt hold Pujols jock when he was juicing.

We're getting to see one of the greatest hitters ever, next to Stan the Man, babe Ruth, and Mick. For baseballs sake, they better hope he's clean, they need it. He's their last saviour. Rest have been busted and proven frauds.
indyfrisco
Pro Bonfire

Post by indyfrisco »

Adelpiero wrote:We're getting to see one of the greatest hitters ever, next to Stan the Man, babe Ruth, and Mick. For baseballs sake, they better hope he's clean, they need it. He's their last saviour. Rest have been busted and proven frauds.
Amen.

While I fucking hate Pooholes (cuz he ain't on my team), you gotta hope he's clean. I don't think he is, but until he's proven guilty, he's #1 in my book. Then again, I thought A-Rod was clean...
Killian

Post by Killian »

You'd be very surprised at the amount of work ManRam puts into his hitting. Public persona and private work are completely different.
"Well, my wife assassinated my sexual identity, and my children are eating my dreams." -Louis CK
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

Manny is famous for his 365 day a year hitting workouts.

The guy built batting cages and has personal BP pitchers on his payroll.

Just to get the facts straight and stuff.

Of course, he maybe should have spent at least 10 minutes a day working on fielding flyballs and grounders, and maybe learning which base to throw to. He's actually got a very accurate arm, it just doesn't get there very fast, and is usually thrown to the wrong base/cutoff.
I got 99 problems but the 'vid ain't one
ucantdoitdoggieSTyle2
Eternal Scobode

Adelpiero wrote:manram didnt spend 365 on his hitting. once the game was over, he was gone from the stadium.

He spent many years in Boston. I seriously doubt any other dude spent more time working on hitting than he did. The team's beat writers and local AM radio guys talked about his dedication all of the time. You're way off base.
Killian

Post by Killian »

Adelpiero wrote:We're getting to see one of the greatest hitters ever, next to Stan the Man, babe Ruth, and Mick. For baseballs sake, they better hope he's clean, they need it. He's their last saviour. Rest have been busted and proven frauds.
And fuck you for not putting Ted Williams in here.
Adelpiero
Eternal Scobode

Post by Adelpiero »

ucantdoitdoggieSTyle2 wrote:
Adelpiero wrote:manram didnt spend 365 on his hitting. once the game was over, he was gone from the stadium.

He spent many years in Boston. I seriously doubt any other dude spent more time working on hitting than he did. The team's beat writers and local AM radio guys talked about his dedication all of the time. You're way off base.

i have heard it's a little of both. his work ethic is a little overrated, and being a POS team mate was overrated.

Everything i have heard about Manny, is from a guy who played with him for a few years. Was at OTB, and he was talking about how Boston and the media made Manny to look like a bigger dirt bag than he was. This all came from him, so take it for what its worth.
War Wagon
2010 CFB Pickem Champ

Post by War Wagon »

Killian wrote:
What are we, chopped liver?

Sin
George Brett and Rod Carew
Goober McTuber
World Renowned Last Word Whore

Post by Goober McTuber »

War Wagon wrote:
Killian wrote:
What are we, chopped liver?

Sin
George Brett and Rod Carew
You're sure not Ted Fucking Williams.
Joe in PB wrote: Yeah I'm the dumbass
schmick, speaking about Larry Nassar's pubescent and prepubescent victims wrote: They couldn't even kick that doctors ass

Seems they rather just lay there, get fucked and play victim
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

Goober McTuber wrote: You're sure not Ted Fucking Williams.
True dat -- George was able to lead his team to a WS Championship... FUBUClown Style, in fact.
I got 99 problems but the 'vid ain't one
Goober McTuber
World Renowned Last Word Whore

Post by Goober McTuber »

Dinsdale wrote:
Goober McTuber wrote: You're sure not Ted Fucking Williams.
True dat -- George was able to lead his team to a WS Championship... FUBUClown Style, in fact.
And he was never on his best day the hitter that Ted Williams was.
Joe in PB wrote: Yeah I'm the dumbass
schmick, speaking about Larry Nassar's pubescent and prepubescent victims wrote: They couldn't even kick that doctors ass

Seems they rather just lay there, get fucked and play victim
ucantdoitdoggieSTyle2
Eternal Scobode

Adelpiero wrote:Everything i have heard about Manny, is from a guy who played with him for a few years. Was at OTB, and he was talking about how Boston and the media made Manny to look like a bigger dirt bag than he was. This all came from him, so take it for what its worth.
And who is this person you speak of? :meds:
Adelpiero
Eternal Scobode

Post by Adelpiero »

Brian Daubach

he's from belleville, and ive talked to him several times at fairmount park and at the OTB in sauget, illinois
indyfrisco
Pro Bonfire

Post by indyfrisco »

Brian Daubach eats at On The Border?!?! Damn...