Quiz Time: Celebrity Marathoners

It's the 17th Anniversary for T1B - Fuckin' A

Moderator: Jesus H Christ

Diego in Seattle
Rouser Of Rabble

Re: Quiz Time: Celebrity Marathoners

Post by Diego in Seattle »

Rack Fu wrote:
Python wrote:Or just don't run until you vomit.
In all fairness to running, I puked far more after I was finished... at the finish line, at the med tent, outside the athlete's tent, next to my truck, more at the med tent, in the ambulance and at the hospital.

:D
Say hello to your sister Linda for us.
“Left Seater” wrote:So charges are around the corner?
9/27/22
PSUFAN
dents with meaning

Post by PSUFAN »

My time was 4'30". Not impressive...but I was happy just to finish. Saw at least three folks getting strapped to stretchers and jammed into ambulances. One of them looked quite dead. The course went right past a microbrewery, they had folks handing out cups of their lager - I could have downed a 12 pack at that moment. Now I'm eating handfuls of ciabatta bread with evoo and reclining before the pens game - Montreal just tied it at 1.
King Crimson wrote:anytime you have a smoke tunnel and it's not Judas Priest in the mid 80's....watch out.
mvscal wrote:France totally kicks ass.
socal
Prepare to qualify!

Post by socal »

PSU,

Props on finishing your first marathon. 4:30 ain't nothing to be ashamed of.

Ice up right now. Embrace the stiffness and soreness this week. Be wary of descending stairs.
Van wrote:Kumbaya, asshats.
R-Jack wrote:
Atomic Punk wrote:So why did you post it?
Yes, that just happened.
Screw_Michigan
Angry Snowflake

Post by Screw_Michigan »

PSUFAN wrote:My time was 4'30". Not impressive...but I was happy just to finish. Saw at least three folks getting strapped to stretchers and jammed into ambulances. One of them looked quite dead. The course went right past a microbrewery, they had folks handing out cups of their lager - I could have downed a 12 pack at that moment. Now I'm eating handfuls of ciabatta bread with evoo and reclining before the pens game - Montreal just tied it at 1.
Congratulations on not dropping dead, you simpleton doppelganger.
kcdave wrote: Sat Sep 09, 2023 8:05 am
I was actually going to to join in the best bets activity here at good ole T1B...The guy that runs that contest is a fucking prick
Derron wrote: Sat Oct 03, 2020 3:07 pm
You are truly one of the worst pieces of shit to ever post on this board. Start giving up your paycheck for reparations now and then you can shut the fuck up about your racist blasts.
PSUFAN
dents with meaning

Post by PSUFAN »

yep - and rack your take above, it's actually spot on
King Crimson wrote:anytime you have a smoke tunnel and it's not Judas Priest in the mid 80's....watch out.
MgoBlue-LightSpecial
Eternal Scobode

Post by MgoBlue-LightSpecial »

socal wrote:Embrace the stiffness and soreness
One step ahead of you brah.

Rack Fu
Harvester of Sorrow

Post by Rack Fu »

Good job PSU. That's just a wee bit over a 10 min/mile pace. Nothing at all wrong with that for us mere mortals. I saw some Kenyan won with a 2:17.

I did a brick workout earlier today (50 mile bike ride and 1 hour run). My gut is still all fucked up. I went at an easier pace and took in far less fluids and calories and it still sat in my stomach like a cinder block. I didn't barf but I came close. I think it's in my best interests to bail on the Orlando Ironman 70.3 and just recuperate and enjoy Disney with the family.

In the immortal words of Roberto Duran, "NO MAS!!!"
Diego in Seattle
Rouser Of Rabble

Post by Diego in Seattle »

PSU;
Were you one of the runners that were diverted?
“Left Seater” wrote:So charges are around the corner?
9/27/22
PSUFAN
dents with meaning

Post by PSUFAN »

No, that affected the half marathon runners. They had a slightly different ending route that brought them past the site with the rogue microwave. I talked to a woman this morning who was diverted, she actually had to stand around for a while before she could cross a finish line. Myself, I didn't even know about this until I was home watching TV. The police handled this one very efficiently.
Truman
Eternal Scobode

Post by Truman »

^^^^^^^^^^^

*Whew! Thought maybe Douchebag and the Crew mighta just dropped by to collect on their pound o' flesh. Rack the 4:30 PSU!
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

Last year (pretty sure it was last year), my parents' neighbors (husband and wife) got a bunch of pledges for charity, and ran 3 marathons in 3 days (all in different parts of Great Britain).

Running 3 marathons in three days is pretty damned impressive.

And these folks were 72 years old.

Bad. Fucking. Ass.
I got 99 problems but the 'vid ain't one
MgoBlue-LightSpecial
Eternal Scobode

Post by MgoBlue-LightSpecial »

Jsc810 wrote:I'm drinking extra water today to get ready for the race tomorrow
pictured: Jsc, gutting out the final stretch
Truman
Eternal Scobode

Post by Truman »

Jsc810 wrote:I'm drinking extra water today to get ready for the race tomorrow, packet pickup is this afternoon.

Meanwhile, these guys are doing five Ironman races in five days. :shock:

2.4 x 5 = 12 miles swim
112 x 5 = 560 miles bike
26.2 x 5 = 131 miles run
Pussies.

/s/

You gotta read the bio on this guy... Dean Karnazes is a phreak!

http://www.ultramarathonman.com/flash/
Goober McTuber
World Renowned Last Word Whore

Post by Goober McTuber »

Truman wrote: Image

You gotta read the bio on this guy...

Thankfully, no I don't.
Joe in PB wrote: Yeah I'm the dumbass
schmick, speaking about Larry Nassar's pubescent and prepubescent victims wrote: They couldn't even kick that doctors ass

Seems they rather just lay there, get fucked and play victim
Rack Fu
Harvester of Sorrow

Post by Rack Fu »

Or go watch Running The Sahara about three maniacs that ran 4300 miles in 110 days across the Sahara desert from the Atlantic Ocean in Senegal to the Red Sea on the coast of Egypt. Temperatures reached 130+ on many days. They originally intended to do it in 80 days but apparently is was pretty fucking hard or something. :)
socal
Prepare to qualify!

Post by socal »

Rack Fu wrote:Or go watch Running The Sahara about three maniacs that ran 4300 miles in 110 days across the Sahara desert from the Atlantic Ocean in Senegal to the Red Sea on the coast of Egypt. Temperatures reached 130+ on many days. They originally intended to do it in 80 days but apparently is was pretty fucking hard or something. :)
Brutal trek.
Van wrote:Kumbaya, asshats.
R-Jack wrote:
Atomic Punk wrote:So why did you post it?
Yes, that just happened.
PSUFAN
dents with meaning

Post by PSUFAN »

fukn lunatics
LTS TRN 2
I suck Jew cock

Post by LTS TRN 2 »

2:38 for a half marathon is pretty much a brisk walking pace. Of course don't try to suggest you posted that for a full marathon. Was it a truncated iron-man event? Honestly the posts here are so tedious I couldn't read them through.
Before God was, I am
Rack Fu
Harvester of Sorrow

Post by Rack Fu »

LTS TRN 2 wrote:2:38 for a half marathon is pretty much a brisk walking pace. Of course don't try to suggest you posted that for a full marathon. Was it a truncated iron-man event? Honestly the posts here are so tedious I couldn't read them through.
I believe he was doing a sprint triathlon. Sprint tri distances vary from one event to the next but the courses are generally a 500m swim, 15 mile bike and 5k run.

Chip, great job getting back out there!
LTS TRN 2
I suck Jew cock

Post by LTS TRN 2 »

Damn, how was the humidity? I ran the flat and very temperate S.F. marathon two years in a row several years ago. Rolled in both times under the 3:00 mark without hitting the wall, as per my goal. Nowadays I do a convenient 4 mile hill run--it's my street, Dolores, up and back--on the median grass strip. The annual ironman event in S.F. starts with the brutal bay swim (from Alcatraz to the pier) so fuck that.
Before God was, I am
Rack Fu
Harvester of Sorrow

Post by Rack Fu »

LTS TRN 2 wrote:Damn, how was the humidity? I ran the flat and very temperate S.F. marathon two years in a row several years ago. Rolled in both times under the 3:00 mark without hitting the wall, as per my goal. Nowadays I do a convenient 4 mile hill run--it's my street, Dolores, up and back--on the median grass strip. The annual ironman event in S.F. starts with the brutal bay swim (from Alcatraz to the pier) so fuck that.
It's nowhere near Ironman distance. It's closer to an olympic distance event (little bit longer swim, same bike distance and a little longer run) but with brutal conditions. They have kind of screwed up the Escape from Alcatraz Triathlon. The company that put on the event for the last 15 years lost the rights to it or some shit and some other company grabbed it. Instead of the usual mid-June start, the event was last weekend. Not that the water is ever warm but I heard it was terrible. The original company is putting on a similar event but can't call it Escape from Alcatraz. Their event is in August.

I did a triathlon in early April that was a qualifier for the Escape race and kind of modeled the swim the same by starting in the water and swimming back to shore. That was in Galveston Bay and the swim was really rough with a cross current and waves. The swim from The Rock to the pier would definitely suck much more.
R-Jack
Non Sequitur Legend

Post by R-Jack »

There was a cock at the finish line.
Shlomart Ben Yisrael
Insha'Allah

Post by Shlomart Ben Yisrael »

R-Jack wrote:There was a cock at the finish line.

Yeah. We heard the sonic boom here in Canada.
rock rock to the planet rock ... don't stop
Felix wrote:you've become very bitter since you became jewish......
Kierland drop-kicking Wolftard wrote: Aren’t you part of the silent generation?
Why don’t you just STFU.
Rack Fu
Harvester of Sorrow

Post by Rack Fu »

Jsc810 wrote:
LTS TRN 2 wrote:I ran the flat and very temperate S.F. marathon two years in a row several years ago. Rolled in both times under the 3:00 mark without hitting the wall, as per my goal.
Wait.

You've run a marathon in under 3:00? Twice?
Not only that but it was the S.F. marathon were the professional men's winner hardly breaks 2:30 and the women's winner struggles to break 3:00. Nick is going to have us believe that he can run within 15% or so of the elite marathon runners on the men's side and that he actually beat some of the elite females. I'm going out on a limb here and calling bullshit.
LTS TRN 2
I suck Jew cock

Post by LTS TRN 2 »

No bullshit at all. I don't think I beat any serious marathoners, and it was pretty tough both times, but not hitting the wall was as much a goal as the 3:00 mark. Also I placed in the top 100 in the Bay To Breakers several years in a row--and that was starting out of the massive block party. Let me reiterate, this was back in the 1980's and 90's.
Before God was, I am
PSUFAN
dents with meaning

Post by PSUFAN »

rack all of that! It's great that you are still able to do this stuff after all of your surgeries.
Van
2012 CFB Bowl Pick Champ

Post by Van »

PSUFAN wrote:rack all of that! It's great that you are still able to do this stuff after all of your surgeries.
What the fuck did I ever do to you, you ASS?

-Shrubber
Joe Satriani is a mime, right? - 88

Show me your dicks. - trev
Truman
Eternal Scobode

Post by Truman »

Fuggin' Top Notch, JSC. Never even considered a tri... But I might have to step in the pool to see if shit floats! Great pics!