QQMF my ass

The Madness isn't confined to March here!

Moderators: the_ouskull, helmet, Shine

War Wagon
2010 CFB Pickem Champ

QQMF my ass

Post by War Wagon »

The nerve of you bitches, trying to steal Mizzou's coach by throwing 2-3 mil at him.

Go fuck yourself, it ain't happening.

Sin
Mike Anderson
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Re: QQMF my ass

Post by Dinsdale »

I've barely been following. The coaching search has become a big joke, due in no small part to not having an AD... which is kinda important during a coaching hire.

But did Anderson get a raise out of the deal?

Of the guys they made offers to: Jamie Dixon, Tubby Smith, Tom Izzo, Stephens, et al...

Every one of them got a big raise, with the exception of Smith, who had just reworked his deal, and was pretty much ineligible for a raise -- so they promised him massive facility upgrades instead.

Fuck, I wish they'd offer me the job -- I'd turn it down, which seems to be good for a few mil a year.
I got 99 problems but the 'vid ain't one
War Wagon
2010 CFB Pickem Champ

Post by War Wagon »

MA had his salary doubled last year after taking Mizzou to the Elite 8. It now stands at 1.55 mil, which ain't peanuts and places him firmly among the upper middle tier of XII coaches.

With the economy being what it is and has been lately, there's no way the Mizzou board of regents was going to up that ante.

Mizzou has the best recruiting class coming in since the Sundvold/Stipo era of 30 years ago.

Mike Anderson has found a home.
King Crimson
Eternal Scobode

Post by King Crimson »

War Wagon wrote:MA had his salary doubled last year after taking Mizzou to the Elite 8. It now stands at 1.55 mil, which ain't peanuts and places him firmly among the upper middle tier of XII coaches.

With the economy being what it is and has been lately, there's no way the Mizzou board of regents was going to up that ante.

Mizzou has the best recruiting class coming in since the Sundvold/Stipo era of 30 years ago.

he's also got a new gym which ups his standing among Big XII coaches....and has to be great for recruiting since today's 18 year old is very much about shiny new toys. and, in the current economy, i don't see too many Big XII schools breaking ground on a new building.

Peeler and Doug Smith weren't in the same class?
""On a lonely planet spinning its way toward damnation amid the fear and despair of a broken human race, who is left to fight for all that is good and pure and gets you smashed for under a fiver? Yes, it's the surprising adventures of me, Sir Digby Chicken-Caesar!"
"
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

Rumor has it that Oregon will be offering large contracts to Dean Smith, John Wooden, Pat Riley, and Phil Jackson this week, which should result in each of them getting either large pay raises or some major remodeling done at their house.
I got 99 problems but the 'vid ain't one
War Wagon
2010 CFB Pickem Champ

Post by War Wagon »

King Crimson wrote: Peeler and Doug Smith weren't in the same class?
Yes, but they didn't win 4 straight Big 8 championships.

If memory serves, Nathan Buntin was also in that class. Norm had that Detroit connection going on.
King Crimson
Eternal Scobode

Post by King Crimson »

War Wagon wrote:
King Crimson wrote: Peeler and Doug Smith weren't in the same class?
Yes, but they didn't win 4 straight Big 8 championships.

If memory serves, Nathan Buntin was also in that class. Norm had that Detroit connection going on.
Big 8 was a much tougher league in the late 80's and early 90's than when Stipo and Sunvold played. was basically a 3 team league with MU, KU, and KSU. Smith/Peeler era OU and ISU were mos def in the mix. not to discredit S and S's accomplishments, jus sayin'. Sunvold would have been devastating with the 3 point line.
""On a lonely planet spinning its way toward damnation amid the fear and despair of a broken human race, who is left to fight for all that is good and pure and gets you smashed for under a fiver? Yes, it's the surprising adventures of me, Sir Digby Chicken-Caesar!"
"
Mace
Eternal Scobode

Post by Mace »

Looks like Oregon may be settling for Dana Altman from Creighton.

http://gary-parrish.blogs.cbssports.com ... ry21234426
War Wagon
2010 CFB Pickem Champ

Post by War Wagon »

King Crimson wrote: Big 8 was a much tougher league in the late 80's and early 90's than when Stipo and Sunvold played. was basically a 3 team league with MU, KU, and KSU.
Until Wayman fucking Tisdale came along, and then Stacy King, Mookie Blaylock, etc.

Fucked my world up, Okies putting on airs like that.
Mook
Elwood

Post by Mook »

King Crimson wrote:
War Wagon wrote:MA had his salary doubled last year after taking Mizzou to the Elite 8. It now stands at 1.55 mil, which ain't peanuts and places him firmly among the upper middle tier of XII coaches.

he's also got a new gym which ups his standing among Big XII coaches....and has to be great for recruiting since today's 18 year old is very much about shiny new toys. and, in the current economy, i don't see too many Big XII schools breaking ground on a new building.

Peeler and Doug Smith weren't in the same class?
Uh-oh......maybe Kansas should invest in a new gym....... :D
King Crimson
Eternal Scobode

Post by King Crimson »

Mook wrote: Uh-oh......maybe Kansas should invest in a new gym....... :D
fair enough. i kind of bracketed out KU and OSU in my original estimation. and the newer gyms: Reed, Spirit (Tech), and as i say: Paige Arena. Hilton and the Fred are solid middle age arenas. but, you've got some aging cookie cutters from the 70's: Lloyd Noble, Erwin, Coors Event, Devaney, BU's gym-forgetting what that's called right now, silly gold dome though. Hearnes was getting to be LNC or Erwinish. Someone told me the other day that the CEC in Boulder was designed to be like the Pit at UNM. the CEC has nice sightlines, but I think that was a swing and a miss on the architect's part. and the school screwed the pooch signing off on a design that didn't have a central scoreboard (still doesn't!)....what were they thinking?

there are other factors (like paying for a good coach), but Tech and ATM both have newish gyms whose lifetime is fairly coincident with the most hoops success they've had in the last 50 years. only outlier would be Jim Dickey Tech 1996 team.

edit: BU=Ferrell Center.
"
War Wagon
2010 CFB Pickem Champ

Post by War Wagon »

Mook wrote: Uh-oh......maybe Kansas should invest in a new gym....... :D
I'd have no problem with going Quantrill on that roach infested dump... do you guys a favor as it were.