Fuck Jim Delany

Moderators: 88BuckeyeGrad, Left Seater, buckeye_in_sc

Killian
Good crossing pattern target

NFL prospects to Tebow: Shut the fuck up

Post by Killian »

Tebow's pre-Wonderlic prayer request falls flat
Posted by Mike Florio on March 23, 2010 7:20 PM ET
As we've mentioned once or twice, quarterback Tim Tebow's habit of openly expressing his religious beliefs could potentially rub folks the wrong way, especially in a locker room of grown men who choose to keep their beliefs to themselves, who don't share his beliefs at all, and/or who only want to hear "God bless" after they have sneezed.

We're told that Tebow already has gotten a taste of the resistance he might face at the next level.

At the Scouting Combine, the Wonderlic exam is administered to players in groups. The 12-minute test is preceded by some brief instructions and comments from the person administering the test.

Per a league source, after the person administering the test to Tebow's group had finished, Tebow made a request that the players bow their heads in prayer before taking the 50-question exam.

Said one of the other players in response: "Shut the f--k up." Others players in the room then laughed.
"Well, my wife assassinated my sexual identity, and my children are eating my dreams." -Louis CK
Laxplayer
President of the USC hater club
Location: On the golf course because......well, I'm the golf coach.

Re: NFL prospects to Tebow: Shut the fuck up

Post by Laxplayer »

Said one of the other players in response: "Shut the f--k up." Others players in the room then laughed.
As I did when I read that.....Maybe Tim should have prayed a little more considering his score.
indyfrisco
Pro Bonfire

Post by indyfrisco »

For those who don't venture into CDS...America has a new currency.

Goober McTuber wrote:One last post...
Screw_Michigan
Angry Snowflake

Post by Screw_Michigan »

Rack the dude who told Tebow to shut the fuck up. I bet he got drinks paid for that night.
kcdave wrote: Sat Sep 09, 2023 8:05 am
I was actually going to to join in the best bets activity here at good ole T1B...The guy that runs that contest is a fucking prick
Derron wrote: Sat Oct 03, 2020 3:07 pm
You are truly one of the worst pieces of shit to ever post on this board. Start giving up your paycheck for reparations now and then you can shut the fuck up about your racist blasts.
indyfrisco
Pro Bonfire

Post by indyfrisco »

Oh come on Sam. You know the bible states that Jesus said "Where there are two together in my name, I am there." Tebow knows he's a dumbass and wanted Jesus to drop him the answers. He got told to shut the fuck up so he was on his own. We see how that worked out.
TheJON
Iowa State Grad

Post by TheJON »

There is not one decent human being that is a Bible beater. They're pieces of shit. All of them. Religion is all a lie. It's sole purpose is so fat chicks have something worthwhile to do with their time instead of chowing down on bacon double cheeseburgers with all the fixin's.

50% of Bible beaters are full of shit. They'll shake your hand and say "god bless" and that is usually a sign that what they just told you was all a bunch of fucking bullshit.

49% of the rest of the Bible beaters are just plain rejects. Fat chicks and dudes with bad acne that have never stuck their dicks inside a vagina so they use being religious as an excuse for not getting any pussy.

The other 1% are annoying athletes and famous people such as Tebow and Kurt Warner. You put a camera in their face and they praise Jeebus in response to any question you ask.

If you're religious to a point where you actually think the bullshit you just read/heard at Church is real you're a fucking dumb and worthless piece of crap and I sincerely hope there really is a heaven and hell so you can burn down south with the rest of your kind once you do society a favor and take a much deserved dirt nap.

Just sayin'..........
Screw_Michigan
Angry Snowflake

Post by Screw_Michigan »

Rack the rant, Jon. But you forgot:

I was actually going to to join in the best bets activity here at good ole T1B...The guy that runs that contest is a fucking prick
You are truly one of the worst pieces of shit to ever post on this board. Start giving up your paycheck for reparations now and then you can shut the fuck up about your racist blasts.
Killian

Post by Killian »

TheJON wrote:There is not one decent human being that is a Bible beater. They're pieces of shit. All of them. Religion is all a lie. It's sole purpose is so fat chicks have something worthwhile to do with their time instead of chowing down on bacon double cheeseburgers with all the fixin's.

50% of Bible beaters are full of shit. They'll shake your hand and say "god bless" and that is usually a sign that what they just told you was all a bunch of fucking bullshit.

49% of the rest of the Bible beaters are just plain rejects. Fat chicks and dudes with bad acne that have never stuck their dicks inside a vagina so they use being religious as an excuse for not getting any pussy.

The other 1% are annoying athletes and famous people such as Tebow and Kurt Warner. You put a camera in their face and they praise Jeebus in response to any question you ask.

If you're religious to a point where you actually think the bullshit you just read/heard at Church is real you're a fucking dumb and worthless piece of crap and I sincerely hope there really is a heaven and hell so you can burn down south with the rest of your kind once you do society a favor and take a much deserved dirt nap.

Just sayin'..........
Someone was touched when they were little.

Just sayin'..........
"Well, my wife assassinated my sexual identity, and my children are eating my dreams." -Louis CK
Killian

Post by Killian »

TheJON
Iowa State Grad

Post by TheJON »

:lol:
L45B
Commanche Hero

Post by L45B »

Nice rant, Jon.

Not to get into a whole religious discussion, but I tend to agree that the whole concept of celibate man who was sent from the heavens many thousands of years ago to bring harmony and heal the sick and forgive the sinners is just a complete fucking fairy tale. If the guy did actually exist, he was most likely just a normal dude who took down some good booz and solid ganja bread, occasionally banged the village skank, sawed a few dresser drawers, and made some of his fellow citizens feel good about themselves in the process.

But the same bible thumpers who are adimant that this fairy tale character actually walked on water (let alone existed) are the same hypocrites who would burn the same type of guy at the stake if he was around today. C'mon: young, single guy with the ability to turn water into wine? He could be out every weekend pouring drinks and bangin' hot tail. Instead, he's out preaching to the poor, rubbing his hands on leprosy victims, holding hands with children. Face it, if Jeebus lived in today's society he would be the next Wacko Jacko. Unless he was a good college football player. Then, at least, a few people would like him.
“My dentist, that’s another beauty, my dentist, you kiddin’ me. It cost me five thousand dollars to have all new teeth put in. Now he tells me I need braces!” —Rodney Dangerfield
Killian

Post by Killian »

L45B wrote:Nice rant, Jon.

Not to get into a whole religious discussion, but I tend to agree that the whole concept of celibate man who was sent from the heavens many thousands of years ago to bring harmony and heal the sick and forgive the sinners is just a complete fucking fairy tale. If the guy did actually exist, he was most likely just a normal dude who took down some good booz and solid ganja bread, occasionally banged the village skank, sawed a few dresser drawers, and made some of his fellow citizens feel good about themselves in the process.

But the same bible thumpers who are adimant that this fairy tale character actually walked on water (let alone existed) are the same hypocrites who would burn the same type of guy at the stake if he was around today. C'mon: young, single guy with the ability to turn water into wine? He could be out every weekend pouring drinks and bangin' hot tail. Instead, he's out preaching to the poor, rubbing his hands on leprosy victims, holding hands with children. Face it, if Jeebus lived in today's society he would be the next Wacko Jacko. Unless he was a good college football player. Then, at least, a few people would like him.
This is why I don't make fun of Scientologists, LDS or any other "new" religion. Their story sounds like science fiction, but then again, so does basically all of christianity when you boil it all down. They just don't have thousands of years backing them up. And this is coming from someone who is trying to take their faith more seriously.
Screw_Michigan
Angry Snowflake

Post by Screw_Michigan »

Killian wrote:And this is coming from someone who is trying to take their faith more seriously.
Kind of a bad time to start taking the Catholic faith a little more seriously, don't you think?
indyfrisco
Pro Bonfire

Post by indyfrisco »

Screw_Michigan wrote:
Killian wrote:And this is coming from someone who is trying to take their faith more seriously.
Kind of a bad time to start taking the Catholic faith a little more seriously, don't you think?
Pretty sure his use of "their" was referring to the "new" religions he spoke of.
Screw_Michigan
Angry Snowflake

Post by Screw_Michigan »

Thanks for reading between the lines for me. Back to mopping...
Killian

Post by Killian »

No, the "their" was in reference to my own faith. And to me personally, there is a huge difference between the Catholic faith, and the Catholic Church. I have huge issues with the Church.
indyfrisco
Pro Bonfire

Post by indyfrisco »

Score one for screwball then.

As for your take on faith vs. church, I'm the same way. And it just isn't for catholics either. I gre to hate "the church" when I was dating this baptist chick. Went to her church with her and it was nothing but fucking hypocrites all over the place. Same goes for the catholic chrch I grew up in. Same as the catholic church I am a parishoner of now. I quit titheing about 5 years ago. I just can't give a dime to the church anymore. I rarely even attend. Does not change my faith, just my faith in the church.
Killian

Post by Killian »

Funny that you brought up tithing. I went to a catholic high school and had this great guy that was a priest as a teacher. He bet the class $5 that no one knew how to spell Ghandi's first name. I did, and he gave me the $5. I told him to keep it and give it to the church. His response to me: "The church has more money than they know what to do with, trust me."

He was a cool cat. He was driving on Woodward Ave. in the summer of 1967 as the Detroit riots started.

Since then, I've not really given to the church and local charities are better off because of it.
Screw_Michigan
Angry Snowflake

Post by Screw_Michigan »

Lemme guess: DCC, De La Salle, Brother Rice or U-D Jesuit?
Killian

Post by Killian »

0-4. OLSM.
Screw_Michigan
Angry Snowflake

Post by Screw_Michigan »

That sounds like a bondage/fetish type of thing.
Killian

Post by Killian »

Depends on what priests taught your classes.
Screw_Michigan
Angry Snowflake

Post by Screw_Michigan »

From 88-91 I attended a parochial school in Grand Rapids. We didn't have any nuns nor priests, but we did have a priest sub once in a while. We had a nun for a principal while I was there as well.
M Club
el capitán

Post by M Club »

L45B wrote:if Jeebus lived in today's society...
sheet, look at how quickly reagan's already been rarefied while disregarding his actual principles. and the divine mist that accompanies any mention of the founding fathers. imagine another 1500 years of taking for granted that they were all perfect.

the tithe is such a transparent joke. all these men who've taken vows of poverty walking around church with their wicker baskets yet the vatican can just drop a billion on some raped boys, no big deal. i remember the guy in my dad's church railing about the 10% the tithe demanded was before taxes because "god gets his before the government gets theirs." then he drove off in his corvette.
War Wagon
2010 CFB Pickem Champ

Post by War Wagon »

the fuck, did i take a wrong turn at the Theology forum?

And is Mclubbed really LTS?

buncha' genius up in this bitch who think they've got it all figured out.
Killian

Post by Killian »

War Wagon wrote:the fuck, did i take a wrong turn at the Theology forum?

And is Mclubbed really LTS?

Who's wrong?
M Club
el capitán

Post by M Club »

War Wagon wrote: buncha' genius up in this bitch who think they've got it all figured out.
i'd say the churches are the ones with it all figured out. we rich, bitch and all of that, right? good gig if you can get it.
Terry in Crapchester
2012 March Madness Champ

Post by Terry in Crapchester »

I spent most of my formative years in Catholic schools, and there weren't many priests or nuns around in Catholic schools even in my day. I gotta think they're pretty close to nonexistant these days. Matter of fact, I'm pretty sure the median age for priests in my diocese is older than I am.

I will be sending my daughter to a Catholic school when she starts kindergarten in the fall, largely out of dissatisfaction with the way the public school handled my son. As our Fearless Leader once said,

Her tuition will be my donation to the Church.
War Wagon wrote:The first time I click on one of your youtube links will be the first time.
Nolesy
Eternal Scobode

Post by Nolesy »

TheJON wrote:There is not one decent human being that is a Bible beater. They're pieces of shit. All of them. Religion is all a lie. It's sole purpose is so fat chicks have something worthwhile to do with their time instead of chowing down on bacon double cheeseburgers with all the fixin's.

Just sayin'..........

Memo to self- do not stand near Jon when it is lightening out.
Fuck the ACLU. It will always be Merry Christmas to me.

Barrack Obama is lib speak for Jimmy Carter
King Crimson
Eternal Scobode

Post by King Crimson »

who doesn't love the premise that: Naming your first male child George Brett > the History of World Religious Thought?
""On a lonely planet spinning its way toward damnation amid the fear and despair of a broken human race, who is left to fight for all that is good and pure and gets you smashed for under a fiver? Yes, it's the surprising adventures of me, Sir Digby Chicken-Caesar!"
"
Mr T
Riverboat Gambler

Post by Mr T »

Nolesy wrote:Memo to self- do not stand near Jon when it is lightening out.
:meds:

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/vb1d017bgsk&hl ... ram><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/vb1d017bgsk&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>[/youtube]
TheJON wrote:What does the winner get? Because if it's a handjob from Frisco, I'd like to campaign for my victory.
Mr T
Riverboat Gambler

Post by Mr T »

Sudden Sam wrote:Those who are sure they have it figured out are the most confused.
Living in the bible belt will teach you that real quick
TheJON wrote:What does the winner get? Because if it's a handjob from Frisco, I'd like to campaign for my victory.
Van
2012 CFB Bowl Pick Champ

Post by Van »

Geddy Lee wrote:
War Wagon wrote:buncha' genius up in this bitch who think they've got it all figured out.
RACK!

But objectively, in a way, we all think we've got "it" figured out. Even by saying that you don't have "it" figured out is admitting that you have come to some sort of conclusion as to what "it" should be, and that you're clueless as to what "it" is.
Joe Satriani is a mime, right? - 88

Show me your dicks. - trev
M Club
el capitán

Post by M Club »

Toddowen wrote:
War Wagon wrote:
RACK!

But objectively, in a way, we all think we've got "it" figured out. Even by saying that you don't have "it" figured out is admitting that you have come to some sort of conclusion as to what "it" should be, and that you're clueless as to what "it" is.
the inverse of pascal's wager is to go ahead and assume your churches are pyramid schemes, so play it safe by holding on to your money. my copy of "chicken soup for the unbeliever's soul" sustains my faith through the difficult times.