Big12 is very good this year

The Madness isn't confined to March here!

Moderators: the_ouskull, helmet, Shine

War Wagon
2010 CFB Pickem Champ

Re: Big12 is very good this year

Post by War Wagon »

I wasn't aware.
Mook
Elwood

Post by Mook »

War Wagon wrote:Did anyone watch the KU-KSU game Saturday night? That was fairly epic. Unfortunately, KSU pissed down their leg at the end when they had a chance to slow down the runaway freight train that are the squawks on the way to the XII title and perhaps the overall #1 seed in the Dance.

Should be #1 again when the polls come out today. I said to myself when they lost that non-con game at Tennessee that was the best thing that could have happened to them and the worst for the rest of the conference.

Fucking Kansas happens and I'm really beginning to detest that arrogant bastard Bill Self. Apologies to Mook and Degenerate, who are probably the least smug Gayhawk fans I've ever encountered.

To be fair, both teams pissed down their legs more than enough times for each to feel they should have been victorious. It was a hard fought game and both teams are pretty damn good. KU happened to win this one (and all but one over the last quarter century......sorry for that aside, but apparently I need to ramp up my "smug" factor!!). In all seriousness, I think the Big 12 stacks up as follows......Kansas is on top. I think Texas resides a notch below and maybe just a tiny notch below Texas is Kansas State and Baylor........Mizzou and Oklahoma State are in a tier below those top four in my opinion. As far as the tourney, I don't see anymore than those six getting in. Any of the top four could advance to the Sweet Sixteen although Baylor better shore up their defense if they want to do that. Should be interesting.
Mook
Elwood

Post by Mook »

Also, KSU's schedule has been pretty tough with roadtrips to Baylor and Mizzou and already having games with Texas, Oklahoma State and Kansas......I would expect them to have a nice run the rest of the conference season.....most of the "brutal" games are already out of the way.
War Wagon
2010 CFB Pickem Champ

Post by War Wagon »

OSU beat KSU at Bramlage last week. Mizzou has beaten both. Check the conference standings.

That said, we'll have to let the entire 16 game schedule play out and then we'll see, but I have 6, maybe 7 teams making the tourney. My conference ranking to date and the teams I think make the dance.

KU
KSU
Texas
Mizzou
OSU
ATM
Baylor
PrimeX
Koko B1

Post by PrimeX »

War Wagon wrote:I wasn't aware.
They only mentioned it every 30 seconds.
War Wagon
2010 CFB Pickem Champ

Post by War Wagon »

Tejas up by 12 at OSU, here cums Prime.

You may thank Mizzou for softening up that pussy but you still get sloppy seconds.
PrimeX
Koko B1

Post by PrimeX »

We'll take any win that doesn't cum down to free throw shooting. We're really not too good at the game. If Pugs would've just made both his FT's on Saturday we'd be 20-3. :x

Anyways, you beat 'em at home. We finally won a game on the road. Pittman is still a 10 minute statue in the lane waiting to foul out.
Harvdog
Eternal Scobode

Post by Harvdog »

I said before that Barnes' job is to not fuck up. Well, 3 of the last 4 games, he did. How the fuck can you be a D1 scholarship player and not make a free throw? In our 3 losses we left 45 point at the free throw line......brutal. If we start hitting the freebies and the bunnies, we will be tough to beat.

I am happy with the OSU win. Tough place to play and it was good to see JH get more than 2 minutes like he had against Baylor. We need to play the same against OU on Saturday. I hope Kansas comes in confident and #1. It will be fun to beat them
SunCoastSooner
Reported Bible Thumper

Post by SunCoastSooner »

Harvdog wrote:I said before that Barnes' job is to not fuck up. Well, 3 of the last 4 games, he did. How the fuck can you be a D1 scholarship player and not make a free throw? In our 3 losses we left 45 point at the free throw line......brutal. If we start hitting the freebies and the bunnies, we will be tough to beat.

I am happy with the OSU win. Tough place to play and it was good to see JH get more than 2 minutes like he had against Baylor. We need to play the same against OU on Saturday. I hope Kansas comes in confident and #1. It will be fun to beat them

If you don't win by 12+ on Saturday your team is severely overrated.
BSmack wrote:I can certainly infer from that blurb alone that you are self righteous, bible believing, likely a Baptist or Presbyterian...
Miryam wrote:but other than that, it's cool, man. you're a christer.
LTS TRN 2 wrote:Okay, Sunny, yer cards are on table as a flat-out Christer.
Mook
Elwood

Post by Mook »

Harvdog wrote:I hope Kansas comes in confident and #1. It will be fun to beat them

It'll be a fun game....if you don't make foul shots in that game you won't be beating Kansas.
Degenerate
Eternal Scobode

Post by Degenerate »

KC, were you at the game last night? The Buffs almost made their season. If CU hadn't done the "4 guys off the ball stand around" on offense thing on their last, oh, three possessions of regulation, they'd have come out of there with a well-deserved win. But maybe that's just the Bzdelik in them.
King Crimson
Eternal Scobode

Post by King Crimson »

Degenerate wrote:KC, were you at the game last night? The Buffs almost made their season. If CU hadn't done the "4 guys off the ball stand around" on offense thing on their last, oh, three possessions of regulation, they'd have come out of there with a well-deserved win. But maybe that's just the Bzdelik in them.
i didn't go....though i wish i had (had some nice tic offers but had some work to do). I did watch the game. CU just can't get over the hump the last couple years. they play good teams close and then gag at the end. they have no one inside and no fouls to give in the last couple minutes. Tomlinson is a spaz. Higgins disappointed me, he didn't seem to want the rock that much when it mattered. Bzdelik confuses me. he comes in with the Joe Scott Princeton thing (having inherited Scott's jr and sr class)....but the only time his teams look good is when the guards are allowed to penetrate and be creative. but CU has gagged on last minute possessions against ISU and KU in back to back games.
""On a lonely planet spinning its way toward damnation amid the fear and despair of a broken human race, who is left to fight for all that is good and pure and gets you smashed for under a fiver? Yes, it's the surprising adventures of me, Sir Digby Chicken-Caesar!"
"
Mook
Elwood

Post by Mook »

CU looked awful down the stretch (Kansas didn't look good either, but that's another post)....The Colorado play calling out of timeouts was just horrific. I've only seen them play a couple of times this year but I thought Bzdelik after being in the NBA would be better at drawing up plays that don't look like a complete and total clusterfuck. Really a poor performance by the players and coaching staff that last minute/minute and a half in my opinion by the Buffs.

I'm not shocked at all Kansas was flat......they may look very similar on Saturday versus Nebraska. I would expect a focused team on Monday night however.
War Wagon
2010 CFB Pickem Champ

Post by War Wagon »

Damned if Mizzou didn't almost steal one today at Baylor. That would've been a really nice win on the resume if they coulda' pulled it off. So close...
joe6pac
Elwood

Post by joe6pac »

Looks like another conference title for KU.
Find'em hot, leav'em wet
PrimeX
Koko B1

Post by PrimeX »

Al right, it's on and stuff Wags. :|
War Wagon
2010 CFB Pickem Champ

Post by War Wagon »

Yes, and I'm pretty nervous already. That 40 point beatdown you laid on the Corn Saturday got my attention. Which Texas team shows up?
King Crimson
Eternal Scobode

Post by King Crimson »

very interesting game. i'll be switch back and forth between that and the CU-OU cripple fight.
""On a lonely planet spinning its way toward damnation amid the fear and despair of a broken human race, who is left to fight for all that is good and pure and gets you smashed for under a fiver? Yes, it's the surprising adventures of me, Sir Digby Chicken-Caesar!"
"
War Wagon
2010 CFB Pickem Champ

Post by War Wagon »

Big East game in OT. :brad:
War Wagon
2010 CFB Pickem Champ

Post by War Wagon »

Never. Fucking. Fails.

Do any Big Least refs not call phantom charging fouls?
MgoBlue-LightSpecial
Eternal Scobode

Post by MgoBlue-LightSpecial »

Double OT! I feel your pain. I hate it when that shit happens.
PrimeX
Koko B1

Post by PrimeX »

Kinda glad. From what I seeing Texas is getting pwnd.

Fuck, 2nd OT. LOL!
War Wagon
2010 CFB Pickem Champ

Post by War Wagon »

Gahhhhh!

So now I've broken out my trusty old am radio.
PrimeX
Koko B1

Post by PrimeX »

I don't even care right now. This is one epic game going on.
ucantdoitdoggieSTyle2
Eternal Scobode

Post by ucantdoitdoggieSTyle2 »

A 3rd OT would be deece.
ucantdoitdoggieSTyle2
Eternal Scobode

Post by ucantdoitdoggieSTyle2 »

or... not.
MgoBlue-LightSpecial
Eternal Scobode

That was fucking pitiful. Two OTs and it ends like that? Don't even get off a shot attempt? I'm sure Digger will still be clamoring for a 3 seed or something.
War Wagon
2010 CFB Pickem Champ

Post by War Wagon »

PrimeX wrote:I don't even care right now. This is one epic game going on.
umm, what?

Tejas throwing in one handers off their hip and stuff, glad I could watch.
War Wagon
2010 CFB Pickem Champ

Post by War Wagon »

Texas missing FTs, Mizzou missing wide open lay-ups and dunks.

Forgive me for the total meltdown I'm about to have.
War Wagon
2010 CFB Pickem Champ

Post by War Wagon »

Kimmie English, baby. Anybody recall Alex English?

I'm not saying I'd suck his dick, but if he ever needs a ride, I'd pick him up.
PrimeX
Koko B1

Post by PrimeX »

Sorry I couldn't be more fun tonight Wags, but I think I have teh Aids. Out of no where I ran to the bathroom about 40 minutes ago and started hurling while having to piss poop at the same time. We had catered food today and I've felt like shit since yesterday. Something is not agreeing with my stomach. Unwar tasting what I ate for lunch while trying to breath between hurls.

FML.

Anyways, lay on the sig as I've already made room for it. I'm sure I'll be back in the bathroom soon. Feeling awful.
Adelpiero
Eternal Scobode

Post by Adelpiero »

Adelpiero wrote:for one thing, they beat Tejas in Austin last year.

2nd, they play in CoMo this year, which will be a Tejas loss and very possible beat down.

Who's afraid of Tejas?? MU plays a better team Monday night in Lawrence, and beat a better team in KST already. Andersons team is very young, and is built for Post Season runs, not Conference titles. Conference tourneys yes, conference title no. Which is when it matters.
like i said, tejas was close to 50% from the field, and still close to being blown out.

FRAUDS!!!!!!!!!!! Tejas gets any decent mid major and they are 1 and done!
MgoBlue-LightSpecial
Eternal Scobode

I guess I was way, way wrong about Texas. What a collapse.
Adelpiero
Eternal Scobode

Post by Adelpiero »

let me also add, that MU lost their heart and soul of the team

they also lost their only threats in the middle(lyons and carroll)

They were picked to finish 7th in Big12, after losing 3 1K scorers.

Andersons system wins ugly, but can make deep runs in the tourney. they go 9-10 deep and run,run, and run!
War Wagon
2010 CFB Pickem Champ

Post by War Wagon »

For Prime and Harv to proudly wear until the XII tourney starts:

My sorry ass team is all hat and no cattle. Like cheap whores we bent over and took it up the pipe from Mighty Mizzou. I regret thinking my miserable SWAC team could ever step to the powers that be in the former Big 8.
PrimeX
Koko B1

Post by PrimeX »

Test.
War Wagon
2010 CFB Pickem Champ

Post by War Wagon »

Good enough, Prime.

Hope you feel better tomorrow.
Harvdog
Eternal Scobode

Post by Harvdog »

Just got back from Vacation. That game sucked from our stand point. Missed too many lay ups and wide open shots. Props to Mizzou. Barnes is getting worked in the last 10 games. We are 21-6. Still have a chance to win out. I think we will win 3 of the last 4. 10-6 in the Big XII will get us in the top 4 for the tourney. This team is an enigma. One game, awesome. Next game, sucks.