Is Gitmo closed yet?

It's the 17th Anniversary for T1B - Fuckin' A

Moderator: Jesus H Christ

War Wagon
2010 CFB Pickem Champ

Is Gitmo closed yet?

Post by War Wagon »

One year in and I guess not.

Of course, Obama has other, more pressing issues right now... like trying to avoid becoming a lame duck president with 3 years still left on his term.

Let's crank the Spin Zone back up, boys and girls. CDS is not fertile ground for politics.

I was gonna' reset the "first executive order" thread but after reading it again, thought better of it. While there were good, thoughtful posts in that thread, there were twice as many shit takes from the likes of TVO and others. I don't want to read that again.

props to mv for calling that Gitmo wouldn't be closing.
War Wagon
2010 CFB Pickem Champ

Re: Is Gitmo closed yet?

Post by War Wagon »

<---crosses fingers that Dio isn't the first to respond to this thread
Shlomart Ben Yisrael
Insha'Allah

Post by Shlomart Ben Yisrael »

Hi Wags.
rock rock to the planet rock ... don't stop
Felix wrote:you've become very bitter since you became jewish......
Kierland drop-kicking Wolftard wrote: Aren’t you part of the silent generation?
Why don’t you just STFU.
War Wagon
2010 CFB Pickem Champ

Post by War Wagon »

Hey Marty

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ucac/20100121/c ... agicisback

My sweety.
As a result, for the past four decades, American politics has consisted of Republicans controlling Washington for eight to 14 years -- either from the White House or Capitol Hill -- thus allowing Americans to forget what it was they didn't like about Democrats, whom they then carelessly vote back in. The Democrats immediately remind Americans what they didn't like about Democrats, and their power is revoked at the voters' first possible opportunity.
Shlomart Ben Yisrael
Insha'Allah

War Wagon wrote:Hey Marty

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ucac/20100121/c ... agicisback

My sweety.
As a result, for the past four decades, American politics has consisted of Republicans controlling Washington for eight to 14 years -- either from the White House or Capitol Hill -- thus allowing Americans to forget what it was they didn't like about Democrats, whom they then carelessly vote back in. The Democrats immediately remind Americans what they didn't like about Democrats, and their power is revoked at the voters' first possible opportunity.

It's sounds like she's calling American voters stupid.

Hmmm...maybe I was wrong about her....
Why don’t you just STFU.
War Wagon
2010 CFB Pickem Champ

Post by War Wagon »

It's the 18-30 demographic that's stupid, but they're growing up in a hurry these days. They have to, they're about to be cut off.
trev
New Sheriff in Town

Post by trev »

Yet, the Europeans now love us even though Gitmo is not closed. I guess you just have to pretend you want it closed and you become popular with the far lefties. (Liberal Progressives)
poptart
Quitty McQuitface

Post by poptart »

Mister Bushice was run.

You can't close Gitmo if you've got no workable alternative.

Barry has gotten a lot of on-the-yob training this past year.

His poll numbers reflect that.
War Wagon
2010 CFB Pickem Champ

Post by War Wagon »

It's ironic how Gitmo now seems so irrelevant.

Meanwhile, the Dem circular firing squads go on apace.

It's a beautiful thing, and it only took a year.

Please Bsmack, melt down in this thread. I served it up special, just for you. :mrgreen:
trev
New Sheriff in Town

Post by trev »

This forum needs some new mods. I'm shocked that Scott hasn't been on this task already.
SunCoastSooner
Reported Bible Thumper

Post by SunCoastSooner »

trev wrote:This forum needs some new mods. I'm shocked that Scott hasn't been on this task already.
I know I don't post often in here... mainly because both sides will run me since I don't fit the mold for either party and creating angst isn't my goal. When the board was opened I was registered as a Republican, again, and then went Independent, again... now I am back to being registered as a Republican. I don't agree with all their policies and in fact pretty much hate the the way they act like the moral police with the Bible thumpers taking over or at least being a major block of the party. However every time I try and voice my displeasure with those things by switching my part affiliation to no affiliation I discover how worthless it is to not be registered when I am virtually locked out of having a any real voice until general elections for a seat. But I digress...

I think it would be a good idea to run the politics, from a mod point of view, by having multiple mods... preferably a liberal/democrat, a Republican/conservative, and maybe even a middle ground independent (if any actually exist on this board)
BSmack wrote:I can certainly infer from that blurb alone that you are self righteous, bible believing, likely a Baptist or Presbyterian...
Miryam wrote:but other than that, it's cool, man. you're a christer.
LTS TRN 2 wrote:Okay, Sunny, yer cards are on table as a flat-out Christer.
Shlomart Ben Yisrael
Insha'Allah

mvscal wrote:...nobody was ever tortured there...
Most of the socket-popping stress positions were at Bagram and other former Soviet/Nazi gulags.

You are correct.
Why don’t you just STFU.
Dr_Phibes
P.H.D - M.B.E. - O.B.E.

Post by Dr_Phibes »

a wheelchair access ramp with adequate lighting is being installed, thank Christ that's over.
Diogenes
The Last American Liberal

Post by Diogenes »

Martyred wrote:Most of the socket-popping stress positions were at Bagram and other former Soviet/Nazi gulags.
Rack them.

No really. With a rack.
Message brought to you by Diogenes.
The Last American Liberal.

ImageImage
BSmack
2005 and 2010 JFFL Champion

Post by BSmack »

War Wagon wrote:Please Bsmack, melt down in this thread. I served it up special, just for you. :mrgreen:
You really do think I voted for Obama because I thought he would really close down Gitmo? I voted for Obama because I am a liberal and I want someone who would at least have to give lip service to liberal ideas rather than someone like Bush who would pretend liberals don't exist. So far, Obama has done a fantastic job on the social issues front. To name a few, he's backed off the prosecutions of most medical pot dispensaries, done more for LGBT equality than all 43 previous Presidents combined, got Federal control of guaranteed student loans inserted into the ACA and, of course he did get the first substantial health care reform law like ever, something that not even Elvis Clinton could manage. And his foreign policy ledger isn't bad either. We could be on the ground in Syria. Or Libya. Could he be better? Yea. He could. So could all 43 of his predecessors with the possible exception of Washington.

As for GITMO; you can't just shut the joint down when Congress won't vote the money to do so. Or to hold proper trials in the US. Obama thought he could be post partisan because without that kind of insane ego, you wouldn't run for President in the first place. I've never met a candidate that wasn't deluded about the force of their personal charisma. Ever. It is just the nature of the business he's in.
"Once upon a time, dinosaurs didn't have families. They lived in the woods and ate their children. It was a golden age."

—Earl Sinclair

"I do have respect for authority even though I throw jelly dicks at them.

- Antonio Brown
Goober McTuber
World Renowned Last Word Whore

Post by Goober McTuber »

BSmack wrote:I've never met a candidate that wasn't deluded about the force of their personal charisma. Ever. It is just the nature of the business he's in.
Are you just talking about presidential candidates, or any candidate for political office? :wink:
Joe in PB wrote: Yeah I'm the dumbass
schmick, speaking about Larry Nassar's pubescent and prepubescent victims wrote: They couldn't even kick that doctors ass

Seems they rather just lay there, get fucked and play victim
BSmack
2005 and 2010 JFFL Champion

Post by BSmack »

Goober McTuber wrote:
BSmack wrote:I've never met a candidate that wasn't deluded about the force of their personal charisma. Ever. It is just the nature of the business he's in.
Are you just talking about presidential candidates, or any candidate for political office? :wink:
All of them. Being a candidate is the worst kind of rat race. The only way a sane person can stand it is to buy into the fairy tale. Otherwise you are just potentially pissing away 6 months or more of your like for jack squat.
"Once upon a time, dinosaurs didn't have families. They lived in the woods and ate their children. It was a golden age."

—Earl Sinclair

"I do have respect for authority even though I throw jelly dicks at them.

- Antonio Brown
Goober McTuber
World Renowned Last Word Whore

Post by Goober McTuber »

So you were deluded about the force of your personal charisma? Shocking.
Joe in PB wrote: Yeah I'm the dumbass
schmick, speaking about Larry Nassar's pubescent and prepubescent victims wrote: They couldn't even kick that doctors ass

Seems they rather just lay there, get fucked and play victim
War Wagon
2010 CFB Pickem Champ

Post by War Wagon »

BSmack wrote:
War Wagon wrote:Please Bsmack, melt down in this thread. I served it up special, just for you. :mrgreen:
You really do think I voted for Obama because I thought he would really close down Gitmo? I voted for Obama because I am a liberal and I want someone who would at least have to give lip service to liberal ideas rather than someone like Bush who would pretend liberals don't exist. So far, Obama has done a fantastic job on the social issues front. To name a few, he's backed off the prosecutions of most medical pot dispensaries, done more for LGBT equality than all 43 previous Presidents combined, got Federal control of guaranteed student loans inserted into the ACA and, of course he did get the first substantial health care reform law like ever, something that not even Elvis Clinton could manage. And his foreign policy ledger isn't bad either. We could be on the ground in Syria. Or Libya. Could he be better? Yea. He could. So could all 43 of his predecessors with the possible exception of Washington.

As for GITMO; you can't just shut the joint down when Congress won't vote the money to do so. Or to hold proper trials in the US. Obama thought he could be post partisan because without that kind of insane ego, you wouldn't run for President in the first place. I've never met a candidate that wasn't deluded about the force of their personal charisma. Ever. It is just the nature of the business he's in.
4-1/2 years later and this is what I get for my trouble?

I disagree on most every issue you belatedly bring up but respect you for sticking by your guns. I've known you for a long time and would expect no less.

Some try to paint Obama as the worst POTUS ever but I won't go there even though he's still clueless. I knew he was clueless from day one. He's in a position where the best thing he can do is not make things worse. I'd rather him sit on his hands than do something irreversibly stupid.

But the job description is being a leader and he is anything but that. He's got so many voices whispering and/or yelling in his ear, he doesn't know which one to listen to. So he tries to please everybody, which is impossible.

He has no true compass.
ChargerMike
2007/2011 JFFL champ

Post by ChargerMike »

How could anyone question Megyn Kelly, it just doesn't get much better, a cinch 10..imnsho

JIP said...Hell, Michael Sam has more integrity than you do.