Wings-Caps

Get the Puck out of here...

Moderator: Shoalzie

Shoalzie
WingNut

Re: Wings-Caps

Post by Shoalzie »

The Wings have hung in the playoff race out West in spite of the numerous injuries. Something I've not seen in quite a while from a Wings' team...they're the lowest scoring team in the conference and third fewest goals scored in the league. They hung in with the #1 offense in the league and the best home team in the league...would've liked the two points considering they lead in the third period though.

They're closer to being in 6th place than they are to being in 10th place...but they've only been able to pick up 2 points in the last three games. The most encouraging thing going forward has been the emergence of Howard in goal. He's top 3 in GAA and SV%...nothing to sneeze at. Hopefully by the Olympic break, they'll have Franzen and Kronwall back and we'll get a better idea of what Red Wing team we'll see heading down the stretch as they try to grab a playoff spot. I don't think any top seed would like to run into these guys in the first round because they should be back to full strength by the spring and they've got a goalie capable of stealing games.

The Caps have looked very good considering their #1 goalie (in my opinion) hasn't come back from injury. Once they get Varlamov back and maybe they add another defenseman at the deadline...I like their chances at getting out of the East this year. I'd love to see their firepower run up against the Devils or Sabres and their stellar goalies. You also can't count out the Pens because they always turn it on late in the season.
Funkywhiteboy
Wiseass

Re: Wings-Caps

Post by Funkywhiteboy »

Spot on, Shoalzie. Caps got guys who can score, but they'll go in the playoffs as far as defence and goaltending will take 'em.
LET'S GO CAPS!!!
“If you look at folks of color, even women, they’re more
successful in the Democratic Party than they are in the white, uh,
excuse me, in the Republican Party.” (NPR Interview Of Howard Dean

<http://www.breitbart.tv/html/153493.html> , 8/15/08)