Sup, Fuckeyes

Fuck Jim Delany

Moderators: 88BuckeyeGrad, Left Seater, buckeye_in_sc

Van
2012 CFB Bowl Pick Champ

Re: Sup, Fuckeyes

Post by Van »

L45B, no offense, but had Oregon's kicker not missed that chipshot FG and had Blount not inexplicably fumbled then kicked it through the endzone Oregon has either 23 or 27 points in only eighteen or so minutes of possession. Oregon's O put puts on the board, given what little time they had with the ball.

Their D got completely owned, and that's what won the game for OSU.
Joe Satriani is a mime, right? - 88

Show me your dicks. - trev
buckeye_in_sc
Eternal Scobode

Post by buckeye_in_sc »

Pts per minute...that is borderline M2 territory...who gives a flying fuck...OSU's O controlled clock and the D played well...that would be the best D oregon saw all year...
L45B
Commanche Hero

Post by L45B »

Oregon's D got owned in a lot of games this year. And they didn't exactly pride themselves on winning the TOP battle all season either. But typically, it didn't matter because they could score at will on just about every team they played.

Ohio State's defense did today what it did all season. They didn't give up the big play and they were opportunistic. And they had to defend a short field most of the game. I'd say they were just as responsible for the win as Pryor and the offense. Great team effort sans the coverage teams-- they were piss poor.
“My dentist, that’s another beauty, my dentist, you kiddin’ me. It cost me five thousand dollars to have all new teeth put in. Now he tells me I need braces!” —Rodney Dangerfield
Van
2012 CFB Bowl Pick Champ

Post by Van »

buckeye_in_sc wrote:Pts per minute...that is borderline M2 territory...who gives a flying fuck...OSU's O controlled clock and the D played well...that would be the best D oregon saw all year...
When it's nearly forty-two minutes to eighteen and OSU's O was converting on third down all night it was clearly their offense which won this game. They kept the Oregon O on the bench. The D did well enough, but they didn't dominate nearly the way their O did.

TenTallBen
No title requested

Post by TenTallBen »

88 wrote:That purple sky at the end of the game nearly brought me to tears. Rack the Rose Bowl. That will never get old.
Coming from someone who just spent Christmas at the in-laws in Pasadena, you should never pass up that opportunity. That is one of the more beautiful areas of L.A. Congrats on the win 88.
SunCoastSooner
Reported Bible Thumper

Post by SunCoastSooner »

TenTallBen wrote:
88 wrote:That purple sky at the end of the game nearly brought me to tears. Rack the Rose Bowl. That will never get old.
Coming from someone who just spent Christmas at the in-laws in Pasadena, you should never pass up that opportunity. That is one of the more beautiful areas of L.A. Congrats on the win 88.
Been out there twice... I'll take San Diego any day of the week.
BSmack wrote:I can certainly infer from that blurb alone that you are self righteous, bible believing, likely a Baptist or Presbyterian...
Miryam wrote:but other than that, it's cool, man. you're a christer.
LTS TRN 2 wrote:Okay, Sunny, yer cards are on table as a flat-out Christer.
TenTallBen
No title requested

Post by TenTallBen »

SunCoastSooner wrote:Been out there twice... I'll take San Diego any day of the week.
I'll make sure to tell my in-laws to move to San Diego. Thanks for your input, dumbass.
PSUFAN
dents with meaning

Post by PSUFAN »

PSUFAN wrote:tOSU 28
Nike 14
The Scoreboard wrote: tOSU 26
Nike 17
Sorry, I was off a couple of points there.
King Crimson wrote:anytime you have a smoke tunnel and it's not Judas Priest in the mid 80's....watch out.
mvscal wrote:France totally kicks ass.
PrimeX
Koko B1

Post by PrimeX »

Nice fucking call.
PSUFAN
dents with meaning

Post by PSUFAN »

It was just luck. I'm a B10TitsuckingHomer, after all.
King Crimson wrote:anytime you have a smoke tunnel and it's not Judas Priest in the mid 80's....watch out.
mvscal wrote:France totally kicks ass.
MgoBlue-LightSpecial
Eternal Scobode

Post by MgoBlue-LightSpecial »

Props to the Bucks.
Van
2012 CFB Bowl Pick Champ

Post by Van »

Yeah, and when the Pac 10 went 5-0 last year the games didn't count. This year, the bowls mean everything.

:meds:

PrimeX
Koko B1

Post by PrimeX »

It's the typical "What have you done for me lately" thing.

Just like work, we can have a gigantic month, but the next month if we're under forecast by a lil' bit the CEO's are all "WTF are you doing?"

Ghey.
The Seer
Just the Facts

Post by The Seer »

Nice of Oregone to screw the pooch only twice this year....both times with the nation watching...

Leave it to SoCal to avoid total Pac 10 humiliation...
E UNUM PLURIBUS
War Wagon
2010 CFB Pickem Champ

Post by War Wagon »

When might we anticipate Dins crawling out from under the rock he's hiding?
Van
2012 CFB Bowl Pick Champ

Post by Van »

War Wagon wrote:When might we anticipate Dins crawling out from under the rock he's hiding?
See Terry's sig.

Ken
Most epic roll-call thread starter EVER

Post by Ken »

Van wrote:Yeah, and when the Pac 10 went 5-0 last year the games didn't count. This year, the bowls mean everything.

:meds:
Quit being such an effing douche, van810. Possibly worse than Jsc as far as conference homerism goes. Maybe when you break the suction from the PAC 10's cock in your mouth you'll understand that spray simply made a comment about the PAC 10's bowl perfornance THIS year.
Van
2012 CFB Bowl Pick Champ

Post by Van »

Ken, how did you fuck that up so badly?

THIS year, Spray says the Pac 10 sucked, based on their bowl performances. LAST year, he completely discounted their 5-0 performance in the bowls, saying the bowls meant nothing. In both years, he had his excuse all lined up and ready to go. Had the Pac 10 again won every bowl game this year, he would've said the same thing he said last year: "BFD. Favorable match-ups! Those games don't mean shit."

He'd already positioned himself to say exactly that, when he ran down his bowl predictions. He was already conceding that the Pac 10 would win most of their games, and he'd already completely dismissed their importance. Now, since they lost most of those games, they suddenly become telling games.

Sorry, but you can't have it both ways, assfuck.

Jesus, dude, if this is all you're going to bring to the table here then just stick to pretending that you're not picking up STDs from Thai children. That was one weak fucking take.

War Wagon
2010 CFB Pickem Champ

Post by War Wagon »

Van wrote:
War Wagon wrote:When might we anticipate Dins crawling out from under the rock he's hiding?
See Terry's sig.
So, Monday then?
Van
2012 CFB Bowl Pick Champ

Post by Van »

Depends on whether the antibiotics have begun taking effect yet.

M Club
el capitán

Post by M Club »

off the top of my head, oregon is 2-3 in games where blount suited up, undefeated when he didn't.
Van
2012 CFB Bowl Pick Champ

Post by Van »

Spray, you have Oregon St playing in Texas as being a home field advantage for the Pac 10. You have Oregon St playing in Vegas against a MWC team as a Pac 10 HFA. You have a team from Arizona playing in California against a team from the MWC as being a HFA for the Pac 10. You have the Big 12 hosting the Pac 10 in Texas, yet it's 'not much' of a HFA for the Big XII. You have a team from Oregon playing in SoCal in a stadium which was more than half Ohio St fans as a big HFA for the Pac 10.

The 'fact' here is that you were posting while drunk. :lol:

Van
2012 CFB Bowl Pick Champ

Post by Van »

Right. Texas. Oregon. Northern California. Utah. Oklahoma. Las Vegas, Nevada.

Geography. You were shitfaced drunk. :lol:

Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

RRRRRAAAAACCCCKKKKKK tOSU! Well done.

I'm shocked by the time-of-possession -- figured it would be about 59 to 1, since it sure seemed like Pryor spent almost that much time running around the backfield, doing whatever he pleased.

Up until friday, I'd been happy with Alioti's performance at DC -- finally ditched Bellotti's "bend then eventually break" defensive philosophy. But the things we saw all season that made Oregon's defense solid were all missing, due to an assumed lack of balls in the booth. Sure, the prevailing strategy is to make Pryor beat you downfield. Except it didn't work -- I'm not sure where the zone-blitzes that were successful all season were. While Pryor hasn't been the greatest QB in his young career, he didn't get that reputation as an athlete for no reason, and you can't let a guy with that much over-the-top athleticism do whatever he wants -- and we did. At some point, some adjustments needed to be made (halftime is often a lovely time to do such things), and they weren't. I was at a party with a bunch of CFB diehards (mostly diehard PAC homers -- you guys would have loved it), and they were all screaming for some sort of blitzes from the outside, although opinions varied on exactly how... but there seemed to be a basic consensus -- how come the coaching staff couldn't figure out what was obvious to a buncha armchair drunks?

Offense -- similar problem. All season, it was about pounding it between the tackles, to soften up the outside and unleash the triple-option. Did we even see a successful triple-option? While OSU had by far the best inside defense we saw all year, it's inexcusable to get away from what brought success all year and cower in fear of it.

In short -- Oregon just straight-up got outcoached. Badly. After a few days to simmer down, no one is calling for heads to roll or anything, but I hope the staff learned from their many mistakes. It would have been a different story if the team had gotten lost in the hype, but they didn't -- the kids showed up to play... the coaches just let them down. I'd feel badly for the seniors... except there's only a couple that played any significant time... loaded for bear next year, at least (the rallying cry of fans whose team just got worked in a bowl).

Not trying to whine, or overlook the fact that OSU played well and brought the lumber, because they certainly did. Hope to see them in the championship game next year. I think a light came on for Pryor that day, and I'm guessing he's going to be a force next season.

Good game, bad outcome.
I got 99 problems but the 'vid ain't one
King Crimson
Eternal Scobode

Post by King Crimson »

while i really thought UO was going to make Tressel pay for kicking all those FG's (!), i did want to set myself on fire every time Herbstreit was blah blah blahing about "Tressel-Ball". i was also a little disappointed that UO wore relatively conservative unis. fucking a, go for it.

i really think Herbstreit sucks. last year when he and Musberger did the OU-Tech, OU-OSU, OU-MU (Big XII Champ game) and OU-UF successively i thought i was going to die. seriously. "Slingin' Sammy Bradford"....Herbstreit needs some kind of work on his intonation....he's basically yelling most of the time and has a real Master of the Obvious thing going. coupled with Musberger's latent homoerotic thing is unbearable. i really thought Brent was just going to bust out and say that Chris Simms had a great ass back in the early 00's.
""On a lonely planet spinning its way toward damnation amid the fear and despair of a broken human race, who is left to fight for all that is good and pure and gets you smashed for under a fiver? Yes, it's the surprising adventures of me, Sir Digby Chicken-Caesar!"
"
L45B
Commanche Hero

Post by L45B »

King Crimson wrote:i really think Herbstreit sucks. last year when he and Musberger did the OU-Tech, OU-OSU, OU-MU (Big XII Champ game) and OU-UF successively i thought i was going to die.
I think you're facts are a little off here. Last year's MNC game was synonomous with Tom Brenneman sucking on Tebow's balls for three hours. As bad as Musberger & Herbstreit can be, they will never be any worse than the horribly shitty coverage that Fox puts out there. Thank god they're almost finished.
“My dentist, that’s another beauty, my dentist, you kiddin’ me. It cost me five thousand dollars to have all new teeth put in. Now he tells me I need braces!” —Rodney Dangerfield
M Club
el capitán

Post by M Club »

L45B wrote: I think you're facts are a little off here. Last year's MNC game was synonomous with Tom Brenneman sucking on Tebow's balls for three hours. As bad as Musberger & Herbstreit can be, they will never be any worse than the horribly shitty coverage that Fox puts out there. Thank god they're almost finished.
whatevs, dick. you'd be a better man if you only spent 15 minutes with tebow.
TenTallBen
No title requested

Post by TenTallBen »

Sudden Sam wrote:That may be the coolest avatar I've ever seen!
Here you go, Sam.

And to all those complaining about Herbie and Furburger calling the game, just do what I did. Turn on ESPN Radio and listen to Mike Tirico and Jon Gruden. It made the game so much more pleasurable to watch. I plan on doing this for the MNC on Thursday as well.
indyfrisco
Pro Bonfire

Post by indyfrisco »

L45B wrote:I think you're facts are a little off here.

Sin,
Van
Goober McTuber wrote:One last post...