$5 Million per...

Fuck Jim Delany

Moderators: 88BuckeyeGrad, Left Seater, buckeye_in_sc

Left Seater
36,000 ft above the chaos

$5 Million per...

Post by Left Seater »

is the new salary for Mack Brown at Texas. Not a bad take home per year.

How many others out there are making that?

http://www.statesman.com/blogs/content/ ... ll_co.html
Moving Sale wrote:I really are a fucking POS.
Softball Bat wrote: I am the dumbest motherfucker ever to post on the board.
txangler74
Elwood

Re: $5 Million per...

Post by txangler74 »

Football revenue is at 87million a year, 20 million more then any other program. Revenue has increased 60 million since he was hired 12 years ago. I think the raise is well deserved.
F-You man, I'll never go to Texas. I hated Texas from that point on.
-Eric Dickerson on his recruitment to the University of Texas
MuchoBulls
Tremendous Slouch

Post by MuchoBulls »

So when does Bob Stoops' contract get raised to $5,000,001 per season?
Dreams......Temporary Madness
Moby Dick
2017 JAFFL Champ

Post by Moby Dick »

5 mill a year and the dude still cat find a decent whitener for his teef??
SunCoastSooner
Reported Bible Thumper

Post by SunCoastSooner »

Moby Dick wrote:5 mill a year and the dude still cat find a decent whitener for his teef??
I've heard Mack has had some health problems in his past that effect this issue a great deal... if those rumors are true I will never knock him for the problem.
BSmack wrote:I can certainly infer from that blurb alone that you are self righteous, bible believing, likely a Baptist or Presbyterian...
Miryam wrote:but other than that, it's cool, man. you're a christer.
LTS TRN 2 wrote:Okay, Sunny, yer cards are on table as a flat-out Christer.
Left Seater

Post by Left Seater »

Oklahoma and Alabama can't be far behind can they?

Also read today that Muschamp officially signed the deal yesterday to be the next HC at Texas. It will give him a five year deal the day Mack is no longer the HC at Texas.
SunCoastSooner
Reported Bible Thumper

Post by SunCoastSooner »

Left Seater wrote:Oklahoma and Alabama can't be far behind can they?

Also read today that Muschamp officially signed the deal yesterday to be the next HC at Texas. It will give him a five year deal the day Mack is no longer the HC at Texas.
Saban makes 4.5M and Stoops 4.4M both are guaranteed to be made the highest paid college coach in the country after any national title in their contracts.
BSmack wrote:I can certainly infer from that blurb alone that you are self righteous, bible believing, likely a Baptist or Presbyterian...
Left Seater

Post by Left Seater »

I can't wait for the first two contracts that say coach X is guaranteed to be the highest paid coach in the NCAA.

Infinity +1 will have to be the value.
MuchoBulls
Tremendous Slouch

Post by MuchoBulls »

SunCoastSooner wrote:Saban makes 4.5M and Stoops 4.4M both are guaranteed to be made the highest paid college coach in the country after any national title in their contracts.
Since Stoops has already won the National Title while at OU does his contract surpass Brown's after this season is over?
SunCoastSooner
Reported Bible Thumper

Post by SunCoastSooner »

MuchoBulls wrote:
SunCoastSooner wrote:Saban makes 4.5M and Stoops 4.4M both are guaranteed to be made the highest paid college coach in the country after any national title in their contracts.
Since Stoops has already won the National Title while at OU does his contract surpass Brown's after this season is over?

No, he has to win it again unless the regents approve a raise otherwise. Same thing with Saban... it only become automatic after winning a new national title provided another coach has surpassed them (Saban or Stoops) in salary.
SunCoastSooner
Reported Bible Thumper

Post by SunCoastSooner »

txangler74 wrote:Football revenue is at 87million a year, 20 million more then any other program. Revenue has increased 60 million since he was hired 12 years ago. I think the raise is well deserved.
I'm going to have to throw the bullshit flag unless you can produce a link from a source outside of the state of Texas or the University website that have better information than Forbes, Associated Press, and Equity in Athletics.

#1 you don't even have the correct revenue for Texas football it's actually slightly more than $87M...

Three different reference points all state that Texas revenue stands at $89.7M but that at least eleven other universities are not only within 20 million but within 5 million of that number: Ohio State (89.6), Notre Dame(89.1), Florida (88.7), Michigan (88.5), Oklahoma (88.3), Alabama (88.3), Auburn (88.1), Georgia (87.9), LSU (87.5), Penn State (86.7), and USC (86.1). Eight more universities are within 10 million of that number: Oregon, Wisconsin, Tennessee, Stanford, Texas A&M, Iowa, Michigan State, and Nebraska.

Nice attempt at bullshit though...
MuchoBulls
Tremendous Slouch

Post by MuchoBulls »

Thanks for the clarification.
txangler74
Elwood

Post by txangler74 »

SunCoastSooner wrote:
txangler74 wrote:Football revenue is at 87million a year, 20 million more then any other program. Revenue has increased 60 million since he was hired 12 years ago. I think the raise is well deserved.
I'm going to have to throw the bullshit flag unless you can produce a link from a source outside of the state of Texas or the University website that have better information than Forbes, Associated Press, and Equity in Athletics.

#1 you don't even have the correct revenue for Texas football it's actually slightly more than $87M...

Three different reference points all state that Texas revenue stands at $89.7M but that at least eleven other universities are not only within 20 million but within 5 million of that number: Ohio State (89.6), Notre Dame(89.1), Florida (88.7), Michigan (88.5), Oklahoma (88.3), Alabama (88.3), Auburn (88.1), Georgia (87.9), LSU (87.5), Penn State (86.7), and USC (86.1). Eight more universities are within 10 million of that number: Oregon, Wisconsin, Tennessee, Stanford, Texas A&M, Iowa, Michigan State, and Nebraska.

What I quoted was from the Austin American Statesman. Sorry it's not a legit source. Here is a link to the article.

http://www.statesman.com/sports/content ... raise.html

"The Longhorn football program generated $87.6 million in 2008. That was a record for college football and $20 million more than second-place Ohio State took in last year."
F-You man, I'll never go to Texas. I hated Texas from that point on.
-Eric Dickerson on his recruitment to the University of Texas
SunCoastSooner
Reported Bible Thumper

Post by SunCoastSooner »

txangler74 wrote:
SunCoastSooner wrote:

What I quoted was from the Austin American Statesman. Sorry it's not a legit source. Here is a link to the article.

http://www.statesman.com/sports/content ... raise.html

"The Longhorn football program generated $87.6 million in 2008. That was a record for college football and $20 million more than second-place Ohio State took in last year."
Go figure... The Statesman being from Austin I am well aware of how they like to bend the facts to sensationalize stories. Them and the San Antonio paper (can't remember it's name) are two of the worst in the country for doing these sort of things especially in favor of UT by The Statesman for obvious reasons. I can't hold that against you personally but their article is a farce unless they were using last year's number for Texas and 2005 numbers for the other institutions which either way is piss poor journalistic integrity or research.

The last time Ohio State, Michigan, or Oklahoma pulled in less than $75M was 2005. The rest of the schools that are within $5M of Texas all wern't far behind on that number back then either.

After reading the article I can see some other glaring misrepresentations of facts in it... Saban, Meyer, and Stoops all make in excess of $4.3M in base salary. Les Miles akes in excess of $4.2M. I don't know Tressels' base but I could have sworn it was greater than $4M at least but I may be wrong on that end.

Ms. Halliburton doesn't seem to be a very thorough or there are some severe integrity issues with her writting but that surprises me less and less in the media these days.
Harvdog
Eternal Scobode

Post by Harvdog »

Kirk Bohl's writes for the Statesman and made Colt his 4th choice for the Hypesman. 3 other writers did the same. Yeah, the Statesman isn't legit and a mouth piece for all things Texas. :meds:

I remember back in the Mackovic days you could buy endzone tickets at HEB for $5. Every other non-student ticket was $20. The cheapest ticket now to a Texas game for non-students is between $65-85 depending on the game. Back then the stadium held 75,000. It now holds over 101,000. Back then there were no luxury boxes. There are 30 now that go for $150K a season and hold 20 people. So let's check your bullshit meter:

Pre-Mack:
20K tickets at $5 is$100K X 6 games....= $600K
45K tickets at $20 is $900K X 6 games...=5.4 million.
10K tickets for students at $10 is $100K X 6 games....=$600K

That means the gate revenue was $6.6 million.

Mack:
90,000 tickets at $75 is $6.75 million X 6 games.....=$40,500,000
10,000 student tickets at $45 is $450,000 X 6 games....=$2,700,000
30 boxes at $150,000 =4,500,000.

That means the revenue generated from the gate is $47,700,000.

There is also TV deal, BCS bowls, Licensing......I would say the Statesman is dead on.
SoCalTrjn
2007 CFB Board Bitch

Post by SoCalTrjn »

thats a ton of money considering its Texas. That would be like making well over 10 million a year in Los Angeles
SunCoastSooner
Reported Bible Thumper

Post by SunCoastSooner »

Harvdog wrote:Kirk Bohl's writes for the Statesman and made Colt his 4th choice for the Hypesman. 3 other writers did the same. Yeah, the Statesman isn't legit and a mouth piece for all things Texas. :meds:

I remember back in the Mackovic days you could buy endzone tickets at HEB for $5. Every other non-student ticket was $20. The cheapest ticket now to a Texas game for non-students is between $65-85 depending on the game. Back then the stadium held 75,000. It now holds over 101,000. Back then there were no luxury boxes. There are 30 now that go for $150K a season and hold 20 people. So let's check your bullshit meter:

Pre-Mack:
20K tickets at $5 is$100K X 6 games....= $600K
45K tickets at $20 is $900K X 6 games...=5.4 million.
10K tickets for students at $10 is $100K X 6 games....=$600K

That means the gate revenue was $6.6 million.

Mack:
90,000 tickets at $75 is $6.75 million X 6 games.....=$40,500,000
10,000 student tickets at $45 is $450,000 X 6 games....=$2,700,000
30 boxes at $150,000 =4,500,000.

That means the revenue generated from the gate is $47,700,000.

There is also TV deal, BCS bowls, Licensing......I would say the Statesman is dead on.
There bullshit is that "No other program in America came within $20M dollars of the revenue Texas produced"... Ohio State came within $100,000 of that mark... as well as the coaches base salaries they try and pass off as legit. Maybe you should go back to Junior high and take a reading comprehension course since you obviously had trouble understanding six paragraphs and two posts explaining such. And bullshit on your ticket prices your own official athletic site shows that different games have different face value tickets. You could have pulled a ticket to the Wyoming, UTEP, or UCF games for only $42.
Harvdog
Eternal Scobode

Post by Harvdog »

SunCoastSooner wrote:
There bullshit is that "No other program in America came within $20M dollars of the revenue Texas produced"... Ohio State came within $100,000 of that mark... as well as the coaches base salaries they try and pass off as legit. Maybe you should go back to Junior high and take a reading comprehension course since you obviously had trouble understanding six paragraphs and two posts explaining such. And bullshit on your ticket prices your own official athletic site shows that different games have different face value tickets. You could have pulled a ticket to the Wyoming, UTEP, or UCF games for only $42.
I never said no program came within $20 million. Maybe you should take the class you offered up so that you know who you are directing your anger at.

Wyoming was at Wyoming. UTEP tickets were $65 and so were UTEP. I have season tickets, I know. Tech, Kansas and the other BIG XII games were $85. I did an average of $75.
SunCoastSooner
Reported Bible Thumper

Post by SunCoastSooner »

Harvdog wrote:
SunCoastSooner wrote:
I never said no program came within $20 million. Maybe you should take the class you offered up so that you know who you are directing your anger at.

Wyoming was at Wyoming. UTEP tickets were $65 and so were UTEP. I have season tickets, I know. Tech, Kansas and the other BIG XII games were $85. I did an average of $75.
I never disputed what Texas made other than to say that they made MORE than what the Statesman attributed moron.
Left Seater

Post by Left Seater »

Anyone who has read the Austin American Statesman more than once knows they don't homer for Texas.

Bohls released his Heisman vote and Colt wasn't it.

Just Sayin'
SoCalTrjn
2007 CFB Board Bitch

Post by SoCalTrjn »

Papa Willie wrote:
SoCalTrjn wrote:thats a ton of money considering its Texas. That would be like making well over 10 million a year in Los Angeles

I think we just discovered that m2=this dumbass.

Im not going to post a bunch of BS pictures of sunsets and hillsides but you would have to be a total and utter fucking nimrod to think the cost of living in the Austin area is even close to what it is in Los Angeles, doesnt make LA better or prettier, its just more expensive. 500k gets you a huge place in Texas, it gets you a rinkie condo in Southern California
SoCalTrjn
2007 CFB Board Bitch

Post by SoCalTrjn »

Who said I lived in a condo, that was just an example. Youre so dead set on making an insult you cant even absorb the information youre reading. Its not an insult to Texas to state that the cost of living and real estate there is much less expensive than it is in Southern California. You dont see any of the Texans taking it as an insult so why does someone from Alabama or wherever care? You suffer from some kind of regional napoleanic syndrome where you take every statement about the south as an attack. You want to put on a gray jacket, wave you pro slavery flag and trumpet your fat ass off to some other conflict when youre the only one who even realizes that there is one. I certainly hope that if you have any children, theyre raised with enough rational pride in where they live that they can read something about their state and not jump off their bar stool in some incoherent, homophobic, drool spattered tyrade th way dad seems to do. Of course, looking at statistics on literacy by state, they'll be lucky to be able to read at all... you have them in private school right?
SunCoastSooner
Reported Bible Thumper

Post by SunCoastSooner »

Left Seater wrote:Anyone who has read the Austin American Statesman more than once knows they don't homer for Texas.

Bohls released his Heisman vote and Colt wasn't it.

Just Sayin'
So you're saying that they have just limited themselves to being incompetent... duly noted.
Left Seater

Post by Left Seater »

My point was that they are not the mouth piece for The University. In fact they seem to do everything in their ability to get folks pissed. They certainly believe in the any discussion good or bad is good for business.

I would not use the AAS to support or challenge any point, ever.