My Facebook page is really starting to annoy me.

A forum for Shine to shine.

Moderators: Shine, indyfrisco

Katy

My Facebook page is really starting to annoy me.

Post by Katy »

How come as soon as some of the pot bellied losers I went to high school with notice my "single" status, they assume that it's okay to use some of their cheesiest lines on me?

I should post some of them up in this thread... :lol:

Today I got one from some guy who graduated a year ahead of me saying:
"I noticed ur single. We should chat sometime and have drinks."
Yeah, like that's going to happen. :x I don't even know the guy.

Is it a crime to be single BY choice?

I am highly considering shutting down my Facebook page. If the people I went to high school with are as boring and as stupid as they are on Facebook, why would I want to go to any reunions?
Mr T
Riverboat Gambler

Re: My Facebook page is really starting to annoy me.

Post by Mr T »

You can block people from seeing your relationship status under the privacy controls
TheJON wrote:What does the winner get? Because if it's a handjob from Frisco, I'd like to campaign for my victory.
Katy

Post by Katy »

How and where?
Mr T
Riverboat Gambler

Post by Mr T »

TheJON wrote:What does the winner get? Because if it's a handjob from Frisco, I'd like to campaign for my victory.
Katy

Post by Katy »

Thanks. :D
Moby Dick
2017 JAFFL Champ

Post by Moby Dick »

:twisted: single bi choice, im sure is fine with the majority of us.
Mikey
Carbon Neutral since 1955

Post by Mikey »

I haven't been to any reunions since 5 year (they had 35 last year... :shock: ). Haven't been in touch with anybody except my best friend from HS since then. When I got on FB earlier this year I suddenly got friend requests from dozens who I haven't seen, heard from or thought about in 35 years. Kind of interesting to see what everybody's doing.
WolverineSteve
2012 CFB Bowl Jeopardy Champ

Post by WolverineSteve »

Facebook has been great for me to get back in touch with people from the old days. I've found a whole new niche in dating...divorcees. I had no idea how fruitful it could be.

Rack Facebook.
"Gentlemen, it is better to have died as a small boy than to fumble this football."
-John Heisman

"Any street urchin can shout applause in victory, but it takes character to stand fast in defeat. One is noise --- the other, loyalty." Fielding Yost

Go Blue!
SunCoastSooner
Reported Bible Thumper

Post by SunCoastSooner »

WolverineSteve wrote:Facebook has been great for me to get back in touch with people from the old days. I've found a whole new niche in dating...divorcees. I had no idea how fruitful it could be.

Rack Facebook.
It's been both good and bad for me... I have to say that me and the woman before my ex-wife are close again... and in a good way. :twisted:
BSmack wrote:I can certainly infer from that blurb alone that you are self righteous, bible believing, likely a Baptist or Presbyterian...
Miryam wrote:but other than that, it's cool, man. you're a christer.
LTS TRN 2 wrote:Okay, Sunny, yer cards are on table as a flat-out Christer.
Terry in Crapchester
2012 March Madness Champ

Post by Terry in Crapchester »

I've reconnected with a number of old friends from high school, most of whom I haven't seen since the summer after graduation (1982). Our class had a get-together recently that was attended by about 50 people. Not too bad considering that our class' Facebook page only went up about a month ago.
War Wagon wrote:The first time I click on one of your youtube links will be the first time.
Katy

Post by Katy »

I've enjoyed reconnecting more with my college classmates than my high school classmates. I hated high school. Most of my high school classmates refer to me as "the mean girl." My attitude has been and will always be, that was nearly 20 years ago. Get over it. :D
TheJON
Iowa State Grad

Post by TheJON »

Katy wrote:I've enjoyed reconnecting more with my college classmates than my high school classmates. I hated high school. Most of my high school classmates refer to me as "the mean girl." My attitude has been and will always be, that was nearly 20 years ago. Get over it. :D
In fairness, it's all they know you as most likely. We tend to mature once we hit our college years so they probably don't know the more mature version of you.

For example, my buddy Dustin from HS whom I hadn't seen since then was the posterchild for ADD. It was brutal sitting next to him in class because he couldn't sit still for 2 seconds without punching/stabbing with a pencil the person sitting next to him. He had no problems cutting ass in class, was very loud, etc.... And he was a HORRIBLE student. Surprised he even graduated. Funny as shit though!

10 years later dude is about as mature of a person as you could meet. He's got a good job, a nice home, a lovely wife. I almost shit myself when he shook my hand like an adult. And then when I saw him hold the door for his wife, I was in complete shock. I still have a mark on my leg from when he stabbed me with a pencil in 7th grade for telling him I thought his sister had a nice butt. I showed him the mark so he bought me a beer and apologized. Weird.
SunCoastSooner
Reported Bible Thumper

Post by SunCoastSooner »

TheJON wrote:
Katy wrote:I've enjoyed reconnecting more with my college classmates than my high school classmates. I hated high school. Most of my high school classmates refer to me as "the mean girl." My attitude has been and will always be, that was nearly 20 years ago. Get over it. :D
In fairness, it's all they know you as most likely. We tend to mature once we hit our college years so they probably don't know the more mature version of you.

For example, my buddy Dustin from HS whom I hadn't seen since then was the posterchild for ADD. It was brutal sitting next to him in class because he couldn't sit still for 2 seconds without punching/stabbing with a pencil the person sitting next to him. He had no problems cutting ass in class, was very loud, etc.... And he was a HORRIBLE student. Surprised he even graduated. Funny as shit though!

10 years later dude is about as mature of a person as you could meet. He's got a good job, a nice home, a lovely wife. I almost shit myself when he shook my hand like an adult. And then when I saw him hold the door for his wife, I was in complete shock. I still have a mark on my leg from when he stabbed me with a pencil in 7th grade for telling him I thought his sister had a nice butt. I showed him the mark so he bought me a beer and apologized. Weird.
I can completely relate to that. Most here know that I was a military brat growing up so I lived all over the damn place while I was growing up and have friends on my facebook from just about every community I lived in short of Arkansas and California.

Midway through my sophomore year my father was transferred from Fort Bragg to UT in Austin to be a guest instructor for Military Law and Juris Prudence. We lived in a pretty nice apartment complex but the neighborhoods surrounding it while not bad certainly weren't good either. I had a pretty large and eclectic group of friends (Black, White, Asian, Hispanic, even a token Jew) out there. We were a pretty crazy group, did a lot of crazy shit... nothing highly illegal mind you, just young and stupid shit like underage drinking in a field or at a friend's house whose parents were out of town, might have smoked a little pot here and there, some of the people were crazier than others and myself. A couple of years ago they were organizing the ten year reunion and one of the organizers found me on facebook through another girl I went to both HS and college at OU with. I couldn't go to the reunion because I was at the tail end of my fight against cancer but ever since then it has been a slow trickle here and there of people I knew; some were pretty close to me at that time in my life. Some of the people got stuck in the mentality of the neighborhood (some people who I didn't expect would), others are just getting their lives together finally, and some have done pretty damn well for themselves or are in the military. One of the smartest guys I knew turned out to be a complete moron and has had his door kicked in by the cops multiple times for dealing dope, another guy who I never thought would amount to much ended up graduating from Texas Summa Cum Laude and is a member of the Texas Legislative Council (the brotha was nuts in HS... I mean NUTS). Honestly, along with him I feel that the two of us have done better in life than just about anyone else that I went to school with and have heard about or spoken to since then.
BSmack wrote:I can certainly infer from that blurb alone that you are self righteous, bible believing, likely a Baptist or Presbyterian...
Katy

Post by Katy »

My only question is why you guys aren't my Facebook buddies? :D
SunCoastSooner
Reported Bible Thumper

Post by SunCoastSooner »

Katy wrote:My only question is why you guys aren't my Facebook buddies? :D

Because I know you as Katy... the poster from T1B. :lol:
Katy

Post by Katy »

Don't hold that against me. :doh:
WolverineSteve

Post by WolverineSteve »

You haven't requested.
"Gentlemen, it is better to have died as a small boy than to fumble this football."
-John Heisman

"Any street urchin can shout applause in victory, but it takes character to stand fast in defeat. One is noise --- the other, loyalty." Fielding Yost

Go Blue!
Katy

Post by Katy »

Send me your email addy and I'll request ya. :D
Political Operative
Crack Whore

Post by Political Operative »

I am already...
BarFlie
x-grunt

Post by BarFlie »

because you prank call me with your bitch posse :D
Katy

Post by Katy »

BarFlie wrote:
because you prank call me with your bitch posse :D

Don't lie. You enjoy every minute of it, old man. :D
Political Operative
Crack Whore

I enjoy Katy's presence not as much as The Beloved's but I do like you... 8)
SunCoastSooner
Reported Bible Thumper

Post by SunCoastSooner »

I'll put it like this on the matter of facebook and the people in this forum. I'd be more than happy to have anyone on the forum on my friend's list but sure as hell not going to post my information on the board in semi-public view. Anyone is more than welcome to shoot me a PM and I'd more than happily respond.
smackaholic
Walrus Team 6

Post by smackaholic »

my fb account has my real name with real aquaintances. this board is where i do battle with cyber fliends/enemies and have a good laugh. i think it would be a good idea to keep the two separate although I would like to chat with or even have a beer with some of you fukkers.

what pisses me off about fb is that as your fliends list grows, your wall very quickly gets bogged down with a whole buncha shit you'd rather not have to sift through. i guess it's time to go through my account and do some hiding/deleteing of tards.
mvscal wrote:The only precious metals in a SHTF scenario are lead and brass.
Katy

Post by Katy »

Political Operative wrote:I enjoy Katy's presence not as much as The Beloved's but I do like you... 8)
:D

You're good people in my book.
Katy

Post by Katy »

smackaholic wrote:my fb account has my real name with real aquaintances. this board is where i do battle with cyber fliends/enemies and have a good laugh. i think it would be a good idea to keep the two separate although I would like to chat with or even have a beer with some of you fukkers.

what pisses me off about fb is that as your fliends list grows, your wall very quickly gets bogged down with a whole buncha shit you'd rather not have to sift through. i guess it's time to go through my account and do some hiding/deleteing of tards.
Understood.

I guess maybe I just don't care if both my worlds collide. I'm pretty much an open book on these boards and have never quite given a shit what anyone said. I've heard it all over the years from you [not intended as smack]assholes[/not intended as smack] and I just roll with it.

I have quite a few people from .net, SN, T1B, TT and Mag7 as FB friends. The worst possible scenario is that I get wytched with a few cocks in my mouth. :lol: If that happens and it's a good wytch, I'll just laugh about it.
WolverineSteve

Post by WolverineSteve »

I'm with Katy and Butts here. WGAF!! In the spirit of this forum, why hide behind anonimity?

Hell Katy's at over 1600 friends....who'll see you there anyway :lol:
-John Heisman

Go Blue!
Katy

Post by Katy »

I post inane shit on my FB wall anyway. Not only do I suck as a poster on here, I suck on FB.

:P
SunCoastSooner
Reported Bible Thumper

Post by SunCoastSooner »

Katy wrote:
smackaholic wrote:my fb account has my real name with real aquaintances. this board is where i do battle with cyber fliends/enemies and have a good laugh. i think it would be a good idea to keep the two separate although I would like to chat with or even have a beer with some of you fukkers.

Understood.

I guess maybe I just don't care if both my worlds collide. I'm pretty much an open book on these boards and have never quite given a shit what anyone said. I've heard it all over the years from you [not intended as smack]assholes[/not intended as smack] and I just roll with it.

I have quite a few people from .net, SN, T1B, TT and Mag7 as FB friends. The worst possible scenario is that I get wytched with a few cocks in my mouth. :lol: If that happens and it's a good wytch, I'll just laugh about it.
I've lived all the country throughout my life so worlds have already collided for me in as many ways as possible.
jiminphilly
2014 JFFL Champion

Post by jiminphilly »

Katy wrote:
Political Operative wrote:I enjoy Katy's presence not as much as The Beloved's but I do like you... 8)

translation- don't stalk me and we're ok :D
Political Operative
Crack Whore

jiminphilly wrote:
Katy wrote:

translation- don't stalk me and we're ok :D
Apparently, I stalk The Beloved but Katy is a great gal that warrants one but not a creepy dude, not mentioning names... 8)
Katy

Post by Katy »

Yeah, one stalker is plenty enough for me.